The Barren Mother

@Pine

My guy would be so much in his own world that frankly he probably wouldn't even remember the other guys despite being a similar ages and maybe even having bumped into them several times xD But I'll think over stuff if you really want. Sadly I can't claim to share quite the enthusiasm of the rest of you guys, but I'll hang on in there!

So in general, I think (as you suggested also) that everybody would just be far too confused and annoyed by Rod to ever even see him in a light other than 'the weirdo'. I think that's a good idea with the pranks, and probably could have happened several times. Maybe, a particular prank that Nick did to him could have made his obsession pranking for a little while, and as a result, he could have lured Nick/randomers into some crazy troll trap at school and landed himself in detention.

And yes @LuckyMisfortune feel free to draw him atm xD

Tbh, I really need to just go and read over all of the characters, my own included, again. It's just I've been so darned busy over the last few days that I've kind of been neglecting all my RPs bar the most active one. I should be free for pretty much all of the next few days though, so I'll have a lot of time to catch up, and shall do so. Then I'll be back here and making suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
@DecayintoChaos

So we've already decided they met bcuz of working together in the confectionary

I think Orion would enjoy Noah's bitchy comments, maybe join in if they're about mutual disliked person.

Unlike Nick he wouldn't get annoyed by them.

I don't really have any ideas other than that so

ur turn lol

@Sunflakes

Orion would like his sarcasm wether its directed at someone else or used as a joke.

I think he'd appreciate being reminded of important things he's forgotten, unless he doesn't like the things he's being reminded of, such as homework.

Not entirely sure how god ? Though I don't know how matthias would feel about Orion, so

---

PHEW I THINK THAT WSA EVERYONE???

For the other stuff, I think that I put down in his description that Orion has been living in Fairtown his entire life but I'm not sure exactly when he'd have ended up joining the friend group? Or how, or who made friends with him first/who got him to join.

**PRETTY MUCH FOR EVERYONE IN THE GROUP IM NOT SURE HOW THEYD MEET/BECOME FRIENDS IT TURNS OUT IM BAD AT COMING UP WITH THAT SO LET'S DISCUSS IDEAS PLS**

Also if there's a rich neighborhood i think he'd live in that one.

Oh and a random fact, Orion started dyeing his hair in 6th grade. I think at first he tried a few different colors, but after that he had the same hair color he does currently after that. So anyone that knew him before then would know his real hair color, which is a light strawberry blond.

Also Orion likes to tell people this is his natural color, or give an obvious lie as to why it is how it is now and if you tell someone that doesn't know his natural color what it is I think he'd be at least a little upset, lol.

(i didnt edit this post and i ended up rereading descriptions after some things were written so sorry about anything thats off)

Phew, okay I've been out all day , but I'm not surprised to see you guys posting at all. Lol :3 Don't worry, I likey~

Okay, first things first~

@DecayintoChaos Noah would be the Queen //shot[/s])

Of course! As have I~

Yes, of course. I mean who wouldn't? Well, I would say it wouldn't happen that often, but occasionally at the most expected time.

Yeah, I agree. To be honest, he's been doing since a young age, so you're bound to get used to it.

Lol That's a good idea. De would probably feel alright with it and join in even more. (Not sure if it's possible, buuuuut) he'd laugh along~

I think they could be alright~ Possibly a bbfl?

Okay, I shall get brainstorming~

De could have possibly became interested in Orion's overall look. His dreamy look, I mean. They could have met at a young age where De was very much open and innocent. There he would have basically prodded Orion into becoming his friend. De would then introduce him and creating their little group. Besides, Orion could get along with Nick therefore introducing him when sixth grade rolls around! :3

Hope this is okay!

Also, may I draw Orion? Of course I'll credit you for him being your character.

You can also use the picture just as long as you credit me or something! :3

@LuckyMisfortune alright!

orion likes to fight a lot

i can just imagine him almost getting into a fight and de just picking him up like "no"

and orion cant do anything about it all the kicking in the world wouldnt help him lol

i love it

i think orion wouldnt be very open about his actual feelings so he wouldnt say that he was jealous, but hed probs become noticeably more negative when talking to people. and if theyve been friends awhile de would probably pick up on that?

OOh i have an idea for my next post with orion now (because i hadnt decided what i wanted him to do) but your noah comment has given me inspiration *excite*

gotta wait for pi tho

yeah i think after years of whining obvi it wont affect or bother him as much anymore

but yeah orion would love it if he went along with him going along with melodramatic-ness and whatnot

and if de went along with him with his other obvious lies and stuff then i could see them being the bbflsies

they probs went to elementary school together, so maybe after de moved there he noticed orion. because even back then he was pretty noticeable because he bumPED INTO THINGS ALL THE TIME LOL. since he was never paying attention.

i think early-middleish elementary orion was practically always off in fantasy land

i think he told the other kids lies and he probably got in trouble with the teachers for it because kids are gullible LOL

but yeah i think orion was more friendly back then and made friends with de

and then made friends with nick somehow, and then brought nick to the group

YES OF COURSE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH MY OCS MAKES ME SO HAPPY

and lol yeah of course ill give you credit

im an artist too i know how important that is

TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF AZKABANSCHOOL KILL ME NOW

obviously its only just starting so i hopefully wont have homework the first day/week

and im doing online instead of public so the hours arent strict yeah?

@Pine so ill still be pretty active

(even when i was doing homework at 1 in the morning i was still running an rp and participating in another last year lol)

maybe not as active, but definitely still active

just not active during schoolish hours

like my mom will take my personal computer at night and i wont wake up early enough to rp, and i have to use a school-issued computer for school (im pretty sure theyre gon b monitoring me and i dont want to deal with getting in trouble for using it for non-school purposes) but whenever i happen finish school until night ill probably be on my own personal computer

since i have like 1 friend that wants to do things outside of school that lives in the same state as me

@Ghost

Omfg (Oh my fluffin glob)

Yes.

Yes.

So here's how it would play out.

Fight ensues

De reaches out a picks Orion up.

"DE! Let me down, I friggin' need to beat this guy up!"

"No can do, little guy."

Lots of struggling is involved as Orion tries to wriggle out of De's grasp.

"Shh, shh, hug therapy is good for you... Shhhhhhh"

"FUUUUUUUUUU-"

Hahahaha! Sorry if it's a little OOC!

Thats a good idea! De could probably pick out his friends for anything, momma bear instinct.

c41ed5b07d5ea8cc702e951dc2291180.jpg

tumblr_mtwmhc90Wj1qjjq1uo1_1280.png

tumblr_mtwmhc90Wj1qjjq1uo2_1280.png

Hehehe, glad to be of service m'lord! (Mwaaaahaha)

Yep! Believe me I know (oldest of something number of cousins + siblings)

XP Yes, bbfl ftw! XP lol I approve and support! De would totally love Orion for it. (Not love love, he still has an overprotective boyfriend)

Yes, true, true! Or that reason, but seven year olds are like naturally clumsy, too.... (Orion would just be unnaturally so)

Yupik! De would probably be the gullible kid...haha...horf!

Yes, of course! The two could have totally hit it off and dragged a nick into it, XP.

Hehe! :3

Yay! Fellow artists! (There are like none, who take it seriously, in my school. XP Besides my sister)

Haha, sucks for you I have off tomorrow! But then I have school, wwehhh...

@eheu

Perhaps Emily never asked De if she could come, but just kind of assumed that he would be okay with it?

Would that be something she would ever do??

Ahh, that's fine with the school thing, I understand.

just check in with us when you can ~ nwn

Umm, if Nick were introduced to De as a friend, he would be less inclined to be so rude.

I was saying that if De had just approached him right off the bat, completely uncalled for, THEN he would brush him off like that.

and from there colorful insults

then after all of that and orion introduces him to de

THEN he would be awkward about it and, while still a little annoyed, he would probably keep it to himself (well... a lot more than he otherwise would), and eventually warm up to him from there

ehehe you welcome gurl

@SkyGinge

but sky

but sky

but skyyyyyyyyYY SMALL TOWN YOU GOTTA' KNOW PEOPLE NO EXCUSE

He has to know SOME people, he's lived there his whole life (if memory serves).

oh but lololol

getting nick back

that would be hilarious yes i endorse this x10

But if Rod never actually SAID anything angry/rude/whatever, Nick would keep his pranks rather mild, so would he even ever push him to that extreme?

& don't worry, I had to read over a lot of the characters again as well. xD

and btw i think this is in your post somewhere??

there's like

only one elementary school, one middle school and one high school in fair town

that's it

and also is that a no on having him in the main neighborhood?

@Ghost

um well nick being the real mastermind is so ~*~*~ obvi ~*~*~

but okay

if nick knows that orion mutually hates this other guy

he'd let orion in on it

unless maybe it was REALLY personal but idk if that would ever happen under these conditions

but okay yes yes i see their friendship being such a beautiful thing

and like nick would straight up tell him at SOME point that his hair was ridiculous and probably bluntly proceed to ask him what happened to it

but i mean

it'll be in the back of his mind

he gets around to be super accepting of people he likes/who get on his good side

I have some vague ideas, but I'll wait to bring it up after some other things have been established.

also lolol @ orion being jealous of nick pranking with other people

there could probably some classier part of fairtown, i guess

or at least a less dumpy part of it LOL

okay so reading the latter part of your conversation

i think it's pretty much confirmed now that nick will first befriend orion

so i'm thinking that, in the end, nick would be the most okay with orion than anyone else in the group, so orion would be his best friend amongst his best friends i think lol.

not sure if the feeling would be mutual for orion?

(and also like i mentioned before about the way he gets attached to people

if orion is his first friend in fairtown he would be clingy to him

but like

in the subtle way that he does i'm not sure how to explain it??

i don't think orion would be able to notice)

either way

here's my plain jane idea atm

nick would move to school the latter part of the school year, so i imagine orion was dabbling in bizarre hair colors at the time (which nick would note scoffingly to himself)

like they probably had at least a couple of classes together, and nick at first would have a sour opinion of orion and his "glaringly distracting hair" or w/e he wants to call it lol

but like nick being lost in all his angst would be more concerned with wallowing in self-pity than actually telling him off, so he would keep quiet about it and maybe just sort of glare at him

but with a few days passing, he would bear witness to orion's bizarre story telling and other tendencies and actually become somewhat intrigued by them, eventually laughing whenever he weaved those tales and laughing even harder when some of the other kids were too gullible to catch on

and i think orion is the same way that nick is when it comes to people finding him funny

because nick tends to like people who laugh at his jokes lol

so maybe that would get orion interested in him and they just kinda' gravitated to becoming friends in a slightly more child appropriate way than their relationship probably is now LOL

(one class they could have assigned seats that change every six weeks, semester or w/e so they could have sat together-ish ? 8D)

then nick might eventually see about sitting with him at lunch and be introduced to de and matty (?) that way so

and yeah i kno you wouldn't abandon me haha < 33

not intentionally anyway

@Pine

Dang it, I'll have to respond tomorrow, I'm really tired and I have no room in my brain left to function. Good night though, go ahead and discuss De, Nick, and Orion's relationship or something~

Holy crap, this is a lot to read. :o

Hi guys! Bree here. I'm throwing a new guy into the mix, Brian! (Well technically he's not new he's lived here his entire life, but yeah.)

ANYWAY

I'm just gonna read some of this OOC chatter so I can see where Brian could fit in and not step on anyone's toes in the process. Hopefully I can have the juicy details written up by tonight, or tomorrow, fur sure.

I'm still sneaking onto a lab machine right now, and can't do much. Apologies for the repeated delay. I ran straight into yesterdays RpN backup crash when I returned home yesterday.

In case the site decides to pull stunts again, I will be available via skype under the name nuffthemighty; feel free to contact me there if the site is down and information is needed. Otherwise I'll be sure to get all the information up tonight.

KAY SO MY MOM FORGOT MY COMPUTER TONIGHT BUT THIS IS LITERALLY LIKE A ONCE IN SEVERAL MONTHS KIND OD DEALIO

BUT ANyways @LuckyMisfotune yes omg thats perfect

"But de i want to fight him"

"fighting isnt good shhh"

luv it

ALSO attack on titan is my favorite

not like was like, just wearing a aot shirt and belt nOT AT ALL what

@Bree123 Welcome welcome hello nice to meet you, i am ghost

i like the art on your avatar/signature very nice

cant wait to read ur charrie

mines orion, the star of the rp (obvious ly) jk jk

Okay wow too much writing holy cheese so much catching up I skipped a lot

@LuckyMisfortune

Work out something like what for our flaming characters?

Oh, and btdubbs, the Queen would be perfect for Noah. He'd probably get so offended by it lol "betch ima princess omfg i cant even"

@Pine

Perhaps Noah's insensitivity(and overall stupidity) would cause him to cross the line when it comes to insults but I'm not so sure. I feel like he'd be too cowardly to actually take it too, too far for fear of somebody disapproving(because he's a little bitch and craves approval/ validation). But if you'd like him and Nick to butt heads I could most definitely make be a complete jerk wad.

But yeah, Noah definitely makes bitchy comments. He's a total snark. By the way, I think Noah's (maybe not so)passive-aggressive nature would make him a great prank conspirator ;) ;) (winklkKkkKK) ;) ;) ;)

And I know you said to not just agree with people, but I think I can see Noah and Nick ganging up on people.

Perhaps it would be nice for them to have a sort of love/hate relationship. Like, they amuse each other but also annoy the shit out of each other? Maybe? Or like they constantly disagree but could also get along nicely in some respects? I know Nick's closest with Orion, but perhaps since they are all "in the group" he and Noah could also have some sort of interpersonal interaction?????????

@Ghost

Did we want them to meet at the confectionary job, or them to both work the joint because they're friends? Idk bruh either way is cool with me but if they are supposed to be very buddy buddy(like if Noah is in the main group or whatever we want to call it) perhaps they should've met back in like middle school or something. I mean, to work you have to be somewhat older than optimal for their friendship genesis(?*).

*-it is one in the morning I no longer care about English

And wait guys like who all even lives in the neighborhood now and did we ever decide on a name?

@DecayintoChaos

yeee ur probs right friendship genesis (which is now what itll be called) should probs happen earlier in middle school

work was jsut the first thing that happened to occur to me

so now we gotta think of ideas

@Ghost

So like maybe they could have met on one of those super gay(and not in the good way) middle school classes they force kids to take like home ec (home-eque?, home eck?((is it like home economics or something????)))

Any who Family and Consumer Science- they could have been(I don't like that been is the passive past tense of be that's like weird????)partners and that's why they're are accustomed to being bitch to each other. Because, you know, cooking and sewing is stressful so they might've just adopted a tense and aggressive relationship(though now that they're done with the class they just seem tense and aggressive on the surface but inside they are clearly cuddly and warm and fuzzy towards each other)

Also, the can make offhand jokes to each other about the other's rad housewife skills.

Input????????

@DecayintoChaos

i like how we keep tagging eeach other even though were the only ones online, and we both know were online

yes i like that

idk i think it is called all of the above??? i dont remember

(enlgish is so wack)

but yes, bonding over bitching

(though i dont remember sewing being so stressful we didn't do anything complicated in the class i was in, just like bean bags and boxer shorts. which wow what a coinkydink im wearing mine as pajamas rn)

so basically theyre warm fluff friends on the insies but on the outside whenever they talk its all bitching and insulting each other?

(wow, s o much input)

@Ghost

We are just being specific and clear by tagging eachother's names. No harm done. Maybe not sewing so much, but cooking for sure. Maybe I'm just a control freak, but everybody was a complete and utter imbecile in my class. Nobody did their job competently, and they were selfish, greedy assholes. I was forced to have the bread end pieces for our french toast!!!!! You ever made french toast with end pieces? Hint: it is a trick question because the answer is always you can't!!!! You frickin can't!!!! The egg doesn't cook into it. It just becomes a soggy, uncooked mess no matter how long you cook it. But I digress.

So, yeah, they are cuddly fluffy buddies who insult and demean each other.

"(enlgish is so wack)"

Ghost omg enlgish

Like, "hallo i spaek enlgish ist my natiev tounge"

@DecayintoChaos

*sobbing about Clear*

thatp oor robot om g

I know, but it's unnecessary.

also idk why it makes me feel all formal, tagging people.

like when i started using rpn i was in this one magic ninja rp and wed tag each other when referring to each other and then we stopped when we were more friendly and like i always tag new people when talking to them until they become un-new

So, it ended up being a thing that feels formal

its so weird

idk

idc

//mssive shrug

Okay okay i just remember my F.A.C.E. claasses with sewing

but that is okay if theres more cooking

i didnt like the cooking part either everyone was lazy and there was this one dude who interrupted class by doing the dumbest things i remember one time the teacher stopped to yell at him because he kept lifting his shirt up

but yeah i make french otast and the end pieces are gross and suck i know that feel when

Okay that is the perfect firendship

Ew what lifting his shirt ew

And no it wasn't just sewing

Every face class we had in our school was like 1 part sewing 1 part cooking I swear

yeah he was, in general , gross

yeah like each semester

Oh my glob! I'm awake! Okay, okay, okay, Im good I shalt post.

@Bree123

Welcome, welcome, mademoiselle~

Imma read over Brian, by the way my character is Dante Ricchi, De for short. We can probably work something out, he's on the football team as well~

@DecayintoChaos

Umm, I shall think!

Hahahaha! xD Huzzaaaahhh!

What abouuuuutt. These Derpy derps met each other in middle school? De sort of was a gay child (totally hated girls and like boys as a love interest), not sure about Noah (Although that could be later on)? If that's the case, the two could have started as friends when Noah got De to do some heavy work for him. (maybe they were switching class and he had to carry a lot more textbooks than normal ((He was afraid his 'dainty' wrists would snap //shot))) The two engaged in good conversation, mostly Noah talking, and De could keep up with him. Eventually, he introduced him to all his friends in like later than late sixth grade. That could lead to his meeting with Nick @Pine Also, upon entering high school, he came out to his friends. After then, maybe he and Noah discussed which guy had the cutest butt or something. He could still, behind Ross's back, with Noah. Haha, hope this be good?

Right, finally reading up and catching up! Prepare for a potentially ginormous post!

So just as a general to everybody, you have to remember when planning things to do with Rod that he is literally constantly in his own world. He is weird, and he's not just one of those kids who's forced into being an outsider but actually really wants friends and really wants to be popular. Also, Rod forgets literally everything that doesn't fit in with his current interest. That's why I say that he probably doesn't even remember stuff to do with the rest of y'all even though they've always been in the same classes and such. He'd just see the others as 'my schoolmates' and nothing more than that, everything else, including probably names, details, whatever, will be distant for him.

That's why I honestly can't place what relationships he'd have with anybody, because even if your people had tortured hm brutally, he'd have forgotten all about them and what they did, such is his head-in-the-clouds-ness. So the thing to pln with him instead is what he might have done in class to annoy and frustrate the rest of you all :')

Am still reading through character sheets and suggestions on here, will potantially edit comments into this post or make a new one, dependant on who posts/doesn't whilst I'm in the process of doing so :')

I shall start with responding to and proposing ideas about things specifically related to Emily, then, since it seems that there have also been a few prompts directly relevant. There’s also that there seems to be rather widespread confusion around her actual character, to which I respond with an apology as I admit I haven’t done the best of jobs composing that personality outline. I hope the elaboration will alleviate the issue somewhat.

@Pine

Emily invariably pissing Nick off would be a very reasonable thing to expect. Nick’s impressions on her character, as you described them, were (not surprisingly at all) almost exactly what I expected from him, and as far as that goes Nick (still not surprisingly) is seeing Emily pretty much as what she actually is.

I was trying to decide whether it would be official that Emily was the kind of person who had the potential to be pretty sometimes, but fails to put effort into maintaining an appearance and commits terrible fashion crimes now and then. It’s probably official now.

I am rather fond of your proposal as for how Nick first gains knowledge of Emily’s presence. She was indeed the kind of person that would laugh and make terrible puns in a hallway and all that. On the other hand, Emily will likely have heard of Nick soon after he moves into Fairtown, as such events seem to be rather easy to draw attention to in such a tiny society; but only know him in person not until much later. I remember Nick moving into Fairtown at around age eleven or so, and if his reputation as a prankster was built up swiftly then it might also be that Emily heard of that about him before their actual encounter. A reasonable estimate of the time they meet would then be somewhere around the middle school years. The fact that Emily is even less conserved in terms of behaviour back then (nowadays she at least tries to act mature) would make first impressions much worse.

Them having a class together was a perfect opportunity for Nick to develop his hatred towards her even more because she can sometimes be particularly noisy in class. She’d probably be confused at first as to whether this boy she’s never seen in class is always unnecessarily harsh towards her when they hardly even knew each other; though she would probably learn about where Nick got his first impressions on her sooner or later. However I don’t imagine her disliking him in particular, mostly because she would observe that she likely wasn’t the only person Nick detested, and his overall personality makes it easier to believe that his attitude towards her wasn’t to be taken personally; as such I believe it would be reasonable for her to direct no specific dislike towards him.

Nick would be one of the subjects of Emily’s secret inwards sighs about how all the people she found to be aesthetically pleasing turned out to have terrible personalities, though.

Emily’s respon Nick’s pranks would probably be rather conflicted. According to the try-hard side of her that tries to abide to reasonable morals she should reprimand his actions, and to disapprove of their intense immatureness. But then the voice of her inner prankster will be there and, under many cases, actually prevail, and as much as Nick disliked her Emily would find no trouble in laughing alongside him - something that I guess Nick wouldn’t really be that happy about. The only case in which she would actually openly disapprove of Nick’s pranks would be when it hurt or upset people, especially those who were closer to her; but even then she’ll admittedly find the ideas at least a little bit funny and have to take effort to hide that and put up the reprimanding face. If Nick was actually that good at it she might actually consider him some kind of genius in the field or something. Meanwhile, I fail to speculate Nick reaction to accidental innuendos if it was Emily uttering them.

As far as things go I’m almost inclined to propose that Nick be the one throwing that punch in the face that one time Emily went too far with laughing at things; but assessing Nick’s personality I doubt Emily would be capable of doing anything dramatic enough to drive him to physical violence (unless, of course, he really hated her voice). I don’t at all object Nick feeling that bit mischievously satisfied when he gets to see the bridge of her nose covered in a patch for some three or four weeks though.

I don’t really know if Nick’s personality will allow for him holding someone else at a status other than ‘friend’ or ‘dirt’, but I actually really hope there will be a least a sliver of Nick’s perception of her that isn’t entirely negative? Or at least for one to be developed throughout the course of the story. (Emily isn’t that terrible a person?)

One thing that I also really want to look into is how Nick deals with the whole “enemy of the enemy” and “friend of the enemy” thing - I don’t see as much problems with them disliking the same people while not exactly being on good terms with each other, but I wonder what he’ll think of any of his friends in the group being affiliated with people he wasn’t fond of. I intended on De being that one person that Emily actually adored and trusted entirely in the entire group; but apparently De and Nick are great friends, so fleshing out Nick’s potential “why on earth are you friends with such a horrible person” attitude might be something worth doing.

(also, for clarification, since I see this question posed in earlier posts in which I was tagged: It is likely that De merely mentioned that they were to discuss the issues at that lunch, or about potential further investigation. That alone would be sufficient basis for Emily to be determined to tag along, and perhaps insist that an invitation happened - a claim that she would hope for De to just go with and confirm - in order to persuade her way into this.)

@Ghost

Emily’s attitude towards Orion would probably be 90% childish attempts to touch his fluffy pink hair when he’s not paying attention and to get away with it.

Reading his profile I think it could go both ways, honestly.

If things go well, the serious-face humour of his would be something she found fascinating; and if he actually got to pull those jokes on her she’ll both enjoy the nonsense stories and would go along with the jokes just to see how far he could take it, all the while speculating furiously which parts were authentic and which were not. His tendency to involve himself in physical violence, and that he openly lacked a sense of morals, however, would mean that it was unlikely for them to actually become friends, and the closest they could get would probably be that they spoke to each other from time to time and perhaps pulled jokes together occasionally. If things were to go better than that it will have to be at least partly an effort on Orion’s side so that it was at times more apparent he was joking, in which Emily will feel more comfortable messing around.

Or, alternatively, I could have her feel completely weirded out by the ambiguity in everything Orion does, and be somewhat uncomfortable around him because she can’t understand. As reckless as Emily seems doing a lot of things, the most times when she annoys or insults people it would have been because she wasn’t aware she was doing so, and she’ll be startled by how he tosses around insults with relatively little weight. If this scenario were to play out Emily would be extra careful not to provoke Orion because she never knows how angry he already was, something that - rather interestingly - also prevent any hostile relationship forming between them. In this I imagine an eerie kind of balance thing in which they both kept from pushing each other’s limits and might almost appear as some sort of mutual respect.

Doesn’t mean the trying to touch his hair will stop though. Because seriously.

Wish to hear from you about this.

@LuckyMisfortune

Had a few things laid out via PM, so not really much to speak of here. I specifically want to mention again the relation between De, Emily, and Nick. De was affiliated with her earlier than he was with Nick, and De will probably be aware of Emily’s personality flaws more than anyone else so the fact that Nick doesn’t like Emily might just prove a little conflicting on his side, I would imagine, mostly because his kindness doesn’t allow for things like taking sides between people who both consider him a friend (Somehow I believe it is that that is significant instead of how much he considered the two of them friends). I have yet to grasp the feel of this entirely, so wish to hear your (and @Pine ‘s) take on this?

As a sidenote, my plans for Emily are, roughly, to have her to be on good terms with some of the people in the group, neutral with others, and have one or two people who dislike her to whatever extent; so that when conflict arises some will be willing to defend her from the objections at least for a while, and to have those who don’t really have a set opinion be confused as for what to do.

In other information, this is a yes for having Emily in the main neighbourhood. Yay for everything being in walking distance.

Unfortunately these three are the only I can throw up for now - it’s getting unbearably chunky and unnecessarily long anyways. I’ll have her proposed relations with Matthias, Noah, and Rodrick up as soon as possible, as well as a few other things. I also have yet to read Brian’s character sheet - but a late welcome to Bree regardless! Hope you have fun here.

Meanwhile, allow me to ask - what is the policy towards IC posting while this discussion is ongoing? Under the fear of assuming to be true things that are still subject to chance and making references in-character, risking inconsistency. Thank.

@LuckyMisfortune

So likee yes I am super sorry but like

"Desort of was a gay child (totally hated girls and like boys as a love interest), not sure about Noah (Although thatcould be later on)?"

I am a little confused by this in particular.

You mean to say that Dante was always kind of clearly gay, even as a youngster, right? But then you go on to say you don't know about Noah and that can come later. I'm sorry; I got lost. What could come later? Like, his sexuality's apparentness? Sorry sorry sorry

If so, I don't mean to be like a copycat(?) or anything, but I can see Noah as being super gay from the beginning. Like, playing dress up, getting into his mother's makeup, wanting the girly toys, etc

And awwww yessssss how cute it would be for Dante to carry Noah's (perhaps math?) book around in order to spare his delicate wrists!!!!

And later than late sixth grade? Perhaps at the start of seventh grade Dante didn't have the same lunch period as his friends, so Noah introduced him to whoever was in the gang at that point?

About Dante's coming out, would you have liked to have had Noah know earlier on? Noah would probably not have even bothered officially coming out considering he's pretty obvious and it's been my experience that people let likeminded individuals in on certain details before they do a whole group. So, being a being a fellow gaybie, Noah could have been a confidant of sorts? Of course, I'm just spitballing and the idea is totally up for scrapping : )

But wow yes I can see all of the talking about patooties :) :) :) :) (oh wow a smiley face lol train)

Right, so, from reading through the characters, the only person I really think wouldn't immediately dismiss Rod as a complete weirdo would be

@Bree123 's Brian. I can imagine him being a little more sympathetic towards Rod and perhaps telling the others to leave him alone/respect the fact that he's very different, but then also getting very frustrated and impatient with him when forced to be grouped together for school activities and finding out how frustratingly oblivious and slow he is xD So when they eventually are all force to meet up together, I envision Brian as the one who would chiefly communicate with Rod :)

I guess also that De (@LuckyMisfortune ) would also be less cruel to Rod, probably telling Nick and Orion to stop whatever oranks they have planned for him, but I don't personally see him being as sympathetic to him as Brian. I think a long time ago he would have attempted to befriend Rod, but in his weirdness, Rod would probably have alienated him fairly quickly, and De would have simply stuck with the others. He'd probably tell the others off for teasing Rod a lot, and I don't reckon he'd be rude at all to Rod, but I don't see him doing quite what Brian could do and making an effort. Obviously though these are my thoughts, and I don't plan to stick to them religiously especially as what Rod's done in regars to the others is so flexible because of him forgetting so much. So yeah, feel free to call me out if you disagree :)

Now in responce to comments:

@Ghost

I agree with all said; I guess despite their many differences, the fact that they both dress eccentricly can remind Orion that he's not as different from Rod as he wants to be/feels like he should be. Because Rod doesn't get angry at all, I guess that would be especially annoying to Orion as he'd provide them with absolutely no reaction despite their pranks. Also because Rod's so oblivious, he wouldn't hold a grudge at all; he's likely forgottn whatevers mean things they've done to him now and will treat Orion indifferently like everybody else. Maybe that can annoy him too, maybe he'd feel like he deserves some kind of anger against him for the pranks he's helped to pull. But yeah, I agree with everything said. :)

@Pine

but pinneeeeeiepoooo xD

Just think of it this way; he's lived in the town his entire life, but he's so oblivious to everything that whilst he'd know of peoples existance, he'd never really have even cared to remember their names. That's the extent that you're not quite understanding at the moment, that he's so focussed on whatever he's doing that he doesn't care for anything else. Thus despite nevere being rude or anything to Nick, his pranking stage as influenced by Nick's pranks would literally just be him researching pranks for ages. When he'd finally collected enough research/decided what to do, he'd set up the elaborate prank/whatever, but there'd be no malice in it, he'd literally just be doing it for the sake of trying out his prank idea, whilst he'd also not apologise simply because he's that oblivious. He wouldn't even view it as an extreme, because he doesn't have the personally perception to even see extremes, and rights-and-wrongs.

I guess that whole pranks incident would probably make Nick more withdrawn towards his dislike of Rod, seeing as he would realises that no matter what he said, it would have no affect on Rod. Thus I imagine he'd be left making snarky remarks and whatever to his friends instead of actually approaching him :)

But I'm all for having him in the main neighborhood. If anything, that makes things better for the others seeing him :)

Think that's me done, peace!

@DecayintoChaos

ahhh no no no don't change your character for me <3

i think nick crosses the line in one of two incidences

if the attack was COMPLETELY unprovoked and the person hadn't REALLY done anything wrong... like telling a fat person they look like a whale (but if it's out of earshot and delivered in a hilarious fashion, like making whale noises while people watching in walmart or something lol)

or if person b backs out of an argument, getting somewhat offended, but person a just continues to harass them directly

and i guess if the person is ACTUALLY mentally disabled in some way and whatever they said wasn't TRULY their fault

but if noah has a fear of disapproval i can't see him doing any of the above

ahahaha okay here's the deal

if nick comes up with a brilliant scheme suddenly

he will pretty much grab the nearest person that he knows will appreciate his mischief and go from there

but i mean either way this plays out they're totally friends

like if nick would beat someone up for you (which he definitely would for noah), then he at least regards you as a bro to some degree

it's a thing

@LuckyMisfortune

Well, I mostly agree that's how it would work out.

I would just like to clarify the different stages of Nick trying to ward someone off (lol).

Nick wouldn't pull pranks on him, because that's something of a hobby that he developed later on, and in any case, Nick probably has to be in a good mood to a certain degree and he loves having approving spectators and, since he had no friends at the time, it wouldn't have even crossed his mind.

So first approaching him, he would try a somewhat polite approach.

"Sorry, I'm not one for small talk" or "Sorry, I don't really want to talk to anyone right now."

If that didn't work, he would go for a more direct approach.

"Shut up", "leave me alone" or "piss off".

Then if that doesn't work, he would attempt to go back to what he was doing or put his head down and ignore him.

Then if he was STILL trying to talk to him, he would result to the colorful insults, mostly challenging his intelligence or his social skills.

"Can you not take a hint or are you just retarded?"

And then if THAT doesn't work, that's when he results to physical violence or, more likely in this case (because I can't imagine De returning any insults or getting angry), he would storm off.

Unless, of course, he couldn't walk away, and so he would go more directly to punching.

Though, if he ever does get into a fight through that method, he would make threats first and warn him in several different ways.

so there you go

the five and a half stages of pestering nick LOL

@SkyGinge

ugh fiiiiiiIIIIIIiiiiIIine lol

So I may just leave it as Rod being a target of Nick's more mild, probably experimental pranks, possibly taking advantage of his indifference.

The retaliation prank on Sky's part... now, I'm a little interested in what this is (though I know we're being mostly hypothetical), because that could have some mixed reactions from Nick.

If it was good and, as you said, not malicious, he might even laugh at it and brush it off.

Either way, if Rod was never saying anything to Nick's face (which, from my understanding, is the case), he would probably just keep his comments to himself and between his friends (both he and Orion complaining, more than likely), but wouldn't ever walk up to him and start insulting him or anything lol.

@eheu

Hehe, any times that she did dress up nice probably weren't redeemable enough in his eyes being the shallow prick he is.

I think he would have begun his pranking tendencies somewhere in seventh and might not have built a reputation for that until eighth grade, but from then on he would be notorious (buahahaha).

Then her observation of him looking nice and having a rotten personality pleases me, because I believe that would be his original 'claim to fame', so to speak, as he would turn any girl down in a rather curt fashion early on (and it still somewhat holds true to this day).

Would you want to have her know about him first before ever having a class with him?

If that were the case, they probably should have their first class together in eighth grade.

I don't know if she would be taking advanced classes, but he's somewhat of a mixed bag in that regard anyway (mostly taking pre-AP where math and science is concerned).

When you're talking about her specifically learning his first impressions of her, she would probably have to take inferences.

Nick wouldn't ever cite developing a low opinion of her from just hearing her in the hallways, but he would probably mutter off-handed comments to himself (along the lines of "shut up" and "fucking obnoxious").

If she were to ever directly confront him about it, he would gladly list any and all flaws of hers that he has observed, but that would just be him attacking her personality than actually giving a reason.

but yes emily definitely wouldn't be the only victim of this attitude of his

If someone ever laughs at Nick's pranks or jokes, he always gets some degree of satisfaction from that.

So I suppose with that in mind, he would occasionally feel pleased with himself and some amount of connection with her for laughing alongside him... but everything else about her would override those feelings, making him keep that overall distaste for her.

However, if she ever DID try to reprimand him in some way, that would greatly annoy him, and any transition between her criticism and appreciation for his pranks would irritate him in a way that she is so hypocritical and bordering on "needlessly complex".

As you may have read before, he reserves those malicious pranks for people he believes deserves it, and if he just so happened to upset someone, he would get defensive (annoyed but also trying to avoid any guilt feelings) and say that it was just a joke and blah blah blah words.

Still, that doesn't mark out the possibility of her ever witnessing them or it happening to a friend of hers, so ~

but he definitely gets creative when he wants people to really suffer

I don't see her capable of doing anything to push him that far, as it would take some severe injustice on her part.

Nick has his morals (believe it or not lol), and he doesn't become physically violent with people who obviously don't stand a chance against him and/or won't fight back against him, unless for some reason he feels the absolute NEED to assert himself as a dominant force.

He'll be even less inclined to do this, being that she's a girl, and perhaps the most violent thing he would ever do to a girl (unless she was some sort of body builder that physically abused him on a regular basis... which Emily isn't LOL) is brush shoulders aggressively.

Otherwise, he'll take all sorts of physical abuse from a girl, because punches usually don't hurt, racking goes away with time (and he would be too miserable to be angry), and slapping... well, it probably happens on a semi-regular basis anyway.

(i mean, he wouldn't have a girlfriend that did that or anything, but nick's not about to have a girlfriend anyway so that's irrelevant)

It would take a lot to redeem herself from "Bitch Cakes" status with him, but it's not impossible.

At the very least, he doesn't... LOATHE her, particularly with her appreciating his jokes every now and again.

AH GLAD YOU ASKED

haha this was going to be brought up eventually

So with enemy of enemy situations, he definitely feels a bit of a connection when someone hates the same person as him, and he's probably made friendships over hatred in the past (how ironic).

That could be another thing that saves her from him completely hating her (just like 88% hate).

As for the "friend of the enemy" portion of it all...

I imagine that either of them approached De at around the same time for conversation, but the instant Emily was in the picture and he realized that the two of them were friends, Nick would remain silent and just observe them scrutinizingly.

After Emily left, or the next time he saw De, he would ask if they were friends (unless he was 100% sure that they were), and from then on tell De to just keep her away from him.

Like, he'll let De have all the friendships he wants to, but he wouldn't want her sitting at their table or anything along those lines.

If that instant were to ever happen, Nick would say that he "warned" him (yeah, in like the most indirect way possible) and would from then on feel that he held absolutely no obligation to be polite to her and, if anything, he would act like even more of a jerk than usual in an attempt to ward her off.

HOWEVER, if that happened and he noticed that he was upsetting De even more than Emily (which I think is a pretty good possibility), he would back off from there and, if the situation were severe enough, he would just leave.

I don't know if this is spoiling anything, but I have an idea of Nick's reaction to both her and Rod trying to force themselves into the investigation.

His initial reaction would be "Uh-uh, oh HELL no" and do everything in his verbal power to get them to go away.

However, he is also excited to start their investigation, so he would be quicker to give up on arguing than usual and finally agree (especially if De starts to get uncomfortable and upset), but if they did _____ to annoy him, then he would blah blah blah insert threats here and etc.

Um... well, I think I'm going to hold off on us role playing until we have the majority of these things sorted out.

You're free to post your intro, because I don't think too much of this would be brought up in one intro, but I won't be replying until this discussion is mostly resolved, and us abiding by post order... yeah. cx

I think I have an almost unhealthy love for discussing the psychology behind all our characters.

/vibrates

i'll speculate on bree's character late because i need a nap rn

OOOOOkay, so. Where to start.

Looking at everyone's character's, I can see Brian making friends early on with @DecayintoChaos Brian's overall thoughts toward Noah are just like, "Wooooooooooooooooooooooow." He kinda sees him for what he is, and nothing else. Honestly, I can see them not even getting along that well! Brian doesn't like judgmental people. I was thinking that when Brian's secret came out, Noah actually judged him for it. Brian forgave him, because he's not one to hold grudges, but on the inside he's still like, "Eh." This is just an idea though. If you don't think that fits with your char that's totes fine.

@Ghost @Sunflakes Brian likes both Orian and Matthias because they're protective of their friends. He likes that trait about them. Ummmmmm, I can't really think of any other details about them. Ideas?

@eheu Um, I'd like to hear from you how she would react to Brian. I can't think of anything for Emily either! :(

Okie dokie. Lets conspire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back