• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Avernic Academy (Clairvoyance)

Christ, what an attitude. Well, it's you who's stuck with this priss, not me.

"I'm being careful, don't worry. The closet is all yours! I don't have that many clothes anyways." Oz chimed, making a mental note of which bedroom she chose, and headed in that direction to place her bags. And, upon entering the room, he was in awe at the sheer size and view. For a few moment, he stood still, gazing out the window with a hint of a smile of his face. But, as reality slapped him across the face, he came to and placed her bags upon her bed rather daintily.

"I'm gonna go check out my room! I'll be quick, don't worry!" He called, running out into the living room and turning into what appeared to be the other bedroom.

However, he found his room to be a bit more..."Economy class".

The bed wasn't as big, the view, as opposed to fixing out across the campus, was filled with the towering glass structure next to his, and the walls were a rather bland beige.

...You're getting rucked, Oz. Look at this. This couldn't be more of a downgrade from her room! She's been using you the whole time, and you just smile and laugh about it? What's wrong with you?! Just tell her! Do you even realize she's using you?!

Oz froze up. For a few moments, his eyes glazed over as he stared at the floor. Then, after heaving a deep sigh, he responded.

"...I know she is."

Then why aren't you doing anything about it?

"...Because it's right. It's what she wants."

For what could have been an hour, Oz waited for a response. Yet, as none came for him, he strode out of the room, heading down the numerous flights of stairs.

Eden

"Thanks!" Eden replied, beginning to head back to her room then stopping. "Nevermind the closet, actually. I'll have enough room." If she was going to be rooming with him, she didn't want to be completely unbearable. He was nice, and she wasn't. It was inevitable that they'd clash eventually. She didn't see a point in making it happen sooner rather than later.

She now went into her room and looking at the small tag on each bag. Two of them were clothes and accessories, one was filled with materials for sculpting, her hobby, and the other was filled with various knick-knacks and personal items she'd brought along. She moved the ones filled with clothes over to the closet and left the knick-knacks by the bedside table, then rolled the last one over to the desk. "God, why did I bring so much?" She asked, groaning at the amount of work it would take to get everything where she wanted it.

She didn't really see many options at the moment. She could unpack, go and help Oz with his luggage, explore the facility, or just sit around and do nothing. Exploring sounded rather fun, actually, but she didn't want to go alone. "Oz?" She called, walking into his room. "If I help you with your stuff, will you follow me around the compound?"

Oz was racing down the stairs, suddenly invigorated by the thought of his phone being in his rucksack. He couldn't wait. Social media awaited him from inside that bag of his, and he could hardly imagine the number of notifications gained over the course of just one morning.

Your silly social media can wait. We need to talk about the elephant in the room...The short, mildly-attractive brunette elephant in the room.

"...Wait, what do you mean?" Oz had made his way to the bottom of the stairs. After scanning the various bags strewn about, he found his belongings: Two olive green bags, one a duffel-esque bag, the other a knapsack. Slinging the sack over his shoulder and lifting the duffel, he began to shoot back upstairs once again, skipping two stairs at a time.

...Eden, you dunce.

A look of recognition crossed Oz's face. "Oh. Right. We've already discussed this. Honestly, I really don't think she's-"

Don't sell yourself as expendable. She'll take advantage. That's all I have to say.

"...Fine." Oz really wasn't in the mood to argue, and he was coming into earshot of the room. The longer she didn't know about his...Unique trait, the better.

Oz was a red and white bullet streaking through the living room, blasting into his room and plopping onto the bed. He threw his rucksack onto the bed, scrambling through the contents until he pulled out what he was looking for: a slim black touchscreen smartphone.

Yet, just as the fun was about to begin, Eden called for him, and, with a resenting groan, he stepped off the bed.

"Geez you could try knocking." He reprimanded playfully. "And I don't really need help with my bags. I'm not a heavy packer. But, if you're alright with it...I could still accompany you?" He rested a hand on the back of his neck.

Didn't she want to, and I quote, "move stuff"?

Although accurate, Oz disregarded the comment.

Eden

Eden's short attention span was beginning to become evident, as she'd already forgotten about her plans to move the furniture and the thoughts of repainting her room. Now, she was focused on finding something interesting in her new school.

"Ah, wonderful. When I said help you, I really meant wait for you at the front doors. Morale support, from a distance." Now, all she had to worry about was making it down the stairs once. "Let's go. And," she shot a murderous glare at his phone. "leave that here. I don't have one, and I'm not going to tolerate you flaunting the fact that you do in front of my face." She turned and waltzed back to her room, changing into something more comfortable for walking around.

'If I play my cards right, he'll be the perfect little slave.' She thought, pulling on a pair of tights from her suitcase and searching for a tank top. 'I can't be too horrible though...that'll just drive him away, decrease his loyalty. I've gotta make him happy enough to obey, but miserable enough to know he doesn't have a chance with me.' Finding her shirt, she pulled it on and then grabbed a pair of running shoes. "God, I look like such an athlete " She said aloud, checking herself out in the full-length mirror. A loose, light blue tank top with matching blue shoes, and black tights made up the simple outfit. But, she could move around in this much easier than the heels she'd been in.

She bounced out of the room, calling out to him. "Ready?"

Just hearing her say that, it really opens my eyes to how punchable her face is.

That previous image that Oz had generated of Eden as a studious, crafty, and rather integrity driven individual was slowly being erased once again. Of course, she was one of those previous traits, needless to say which one. His first accusation was far from correct: She wasn't a boring person. And the second, of her being a rather mature woman, was shattered.

In short, she semmed to be a coniving, crafty, and headstrong individual.

The prohibition of Oz's cellphone cast a look of resentment on the boy's face. It was almost as if his mother had tagged along with him to the academt, stowed away in his suitcase or something of the sort.

Eden found herself to the exit, and Oz came to the realization that he had been holding his breath throughout the entirety of their one-sided conversation. He let out a heavy exhale, huffing for air.

Alright, I've just about had it. I hate the way she treats you, I absolutely despise it. She has no regards for you as a person, none whatsoever.

Oz attempted to form a counter-argument. "But, really, there must be some reason why she-"

What reason could she have to possibly treat you like a low-life?! Face it, Oz, you aren't worth a dime to her.

"And what do you care?" Oz began to make his way through his duffel bag, slipping out of his school uniform in search of slightly more casual clothes.

I care because I think you deserve more.

"You know what? For some reason, we all think we deserve more. We think we should get it better than others, like there should be some positive predisposition in our favor. Maybe she thinks like that. If so, then I'll have to deal with it." Oz spat out the last few words, obviously quite peeved.

Fine. Don't come crying to me when she breaks your heart.

"She won't be getting near my heart anytime soon." His statement was shadowed by a sharp growling in his throat, his hands balled up into fists. By now, he had changed into a pair of long black and white striped track pants, which were a relatively slimed around his legs, a white cotton tee, and a pair of olive green athletic shoes.

As she called to him, his mood didn't shift much, and his response was sharp, concise, and to the point. "Yes, let's get going." He headed out to the living room, his hands shoved deep into his pockets.

Eden

"Awesome. Where do you want to go?" The girl asked, leading the way out the door. "I didn't really pay attention on the way here. Those guys really were assholes, that's all I could pay attention to." She laughed quietly, waiting for him at the top of the stairs. "I honestly can't believe they're allowed to just...electrocute people, and for no reason." She wasn't particularly worried about be shocked though. Eden followed the rules that benefitted her. Anything that kept her from being electrocuted was a benefit, and she was well aware of the fact.

She'd noticed a slight shift in Oz's attitude. Something seemed to be nagging at him, like there was something he wasn't telling her and didn't want her to know. 'Maybe...he's gay.' She thought, considering the possibility. It would be a wonderful situation if he was, but for some reason she doubted that was the case. 'Maybe he's finally just pissed off at me. I mean, in his shoes, I would be too.'

By now, students had begun coming up to pick their rooms as well. Not all of them, but a few were peering inside rooms in the hallway. "The best rooms are closest to the stairwell!" Eden announced, uncaringly tricking people into believe the crappiest was the best. It didn't really do anything, but it was damn funny to see their faces as they saw where they'd be living. She almost hoped Oz had seen. She needed to prove how far she was willing to go, and how much of a bitch she really was.

Where do I want to go? Well...Hmm, someone preferably without a railing, way high up off the ground, where I could push your snarky little-

Oz shook his head violently, dismissing the words of his mental acquaintance. "I'm fine with wherever, so you can pick." Her remarks on the previously encountered veteran students was dittoed by Oz, although he didn't dare say it aloud. His side was still burning, and it didn't seem like a wound that would be healing anytime soon. Fortunately, though, there was minimal bleeding, and any blood had already dried up, which allowed the young man to rest easy in the fact that his white t-shirt would remain white.

He made his way to Eden's side, staring at her with raised eyebrows, as though anticipating her to do a backflip or something of the sort.

Her rather cruel trick on the students who were slowly, but surely, trudging their way up the steps wasn't too well received by Oz. She was willing to screw over her future classmates, all in order to maintain her secluded room at the end of the hall.

She operates with a very...self-centered mindset; if it's to her advantage, she will definitely do it, as long as she doesn't have to pay to big a price of her own. Oz, you'd best be careful; she may or may not think you as expendable, but it never hurt anyone to stay on their toes.

The young man slowly tilted his head up and down in a subtle nod.

And...Well, at least compliment her on her outfit.

Oz nearly choked on his own saliva at the suggestion, clearing his throat to avoid doing so. His face screwed up in distaste, but as the voice went on, such an expression slowly flattened out.

Ok, just hear me out. She's a pretty girl, undeniably. There's tons of pretty girls on the world, and she's one of them. But she doesn't really seem very...well, athletically motivated, for lack of another term. At least try to seem civilized.

Civilized, huh...You're telling me, and not her...Jesus. Oz let out a sigh, unsure of what to say. It wasn't as though he was socially incompatible with girls, he just hadn't been in a scenario where he would compliment one out of the blue. "...You look cute, Eden. I like your outfit."

There. Simple, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eden

"I-" Eden stopped herself, not knowing how to reply for a moment to the rather abrupt compliment. "Thank you..I-I mean yeah, I know. I always look good." She recovered quickly, shaking her head slightly and turning away from him. 'What the hell?' She mentally screamed at herself. 'When have I ever been at a loss for words?' Guys hardly ever complimented her at all. Then the ones that did simply said something like, "Hey, nice ass." Plus, the fact that he had just suddenly decided to say she looked nice was just...weird.

"You-..." She stopped herself once more, damning herself for not simply going through with her intended insult and instead saying, "You look good too.." in a quiet, mumbled voice.

Eden began jogging down the stairs without another word, confused and rather angry at herself for letting Oz's rather sweet personality get the better of her. She hadn't met many guys lime him, and it was almost difficult for her to keep being such a jerk to him..

Almost.

"Hurry up, slow ass!" She yelled up at him, panting slightly as she kept up the pace she'd started with.

No...Way. Did she just...Stutter?

Oz was awestruck as well, his mouth ajar as he gazed at the girl. Was this whole bitchy attitude simply a ruse, a façade to seem tough on her first day of school? And had he, of all people, managed to shatter that façade, even if only for a moment?

But, if only that were the furthest extent of unreasonable actions she had taken.

Her returned compliment carried in a small voice, so slight Oz could barely hear it. But barely still means something, and his ears picked up what seemed to be...

...Wait. Am I hearing that right? Did she just...Compliment you?

Oz grinned and rested a hand on the back of his neck, gazing down at each step of the stairs. "Thanks a million." His voice was soft, nearly mimicking the volume at which she had previously used. Maybe they might get along this evening; go out for a bit to eat, talk over a cup of tea, so on.

But, as her voice filled the stairwell once again, he knew such thoughts were impossible.

The treaded soles of his running shoes slipped off of a stair, nearly sending him tumbling down as her voice rang out through the stairwell. "O...Oh, sorry!" He called back, dashing his way down the stairs after her. She seemed to be plowing full-steam-ahead down the stairs, so Oz had to make some effort to maintain her pace.

Eden

Eventually, Eden's body realized that it wasn't athletic and needed to rest, so she stopped on the second floor landing, panting and bending over to rub her tired ankles. 'This is going to be hell..' She thought bitterly, taking a glance up and down. "So, so many stairs.." She moaned, standing up straight and trudging down the final flight.

She'd barely registered Oz's quiet thanks when he'd said it. Only now did she consider her situation. 'He's not like most guys.' She thought, listening to him making his way down the stairs as well. 'He's....nice, kind. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I was a little nicer.' It was a tad risky though. She'd had bad experiences with men in her life, and she knew that of she looked weak, she'd be taken advantage of. 'Ok, so I suppose I'll be a little nicer when it's just us, but a bitch around other people.' With her plan in mind, she did a few stretches to loosen her muscles and waited for the blonde to join her.

Quite frequently, Oz would find himself distracted by the thought of Eden being a mildly tolerable person, which was more or less impossible. She had a bit of a foul mouth apparently, and she obviously didn't have a positive disposition towards Oz. Rooming with her may not have been a great idea after all...

Finally, after seemingly endless stairs, Oz managed to make his way down to her side. He entwined his fingers in one another, then placed his hands on top of his head, taking deep, heaving breaths. "You know...It's better to stand up straight of you're out of breath. It expands your diaphragm, and your diaphragm is the sack that..."

Please. Just spare her, I don't think she's in the mood for an anatomy lesson.

"Er...Nevermind. You do you." Oz backed off, lifting his chin to gaze up at the stairs above. "Heh...We did all of those, huh? Neat." He swiveled his head to shift his gaze to her. "Sure feels like it was a short time. And to think we'll be heading back up there again...Sweet mother Teresa."

...Sweet what?

Once again, Bold's remark was shrugged off. Oz felt his stomach growl, and it was all he could do to prevent it from gurgling again. "Um...Actually...Eden? Is it alright if we get something to eat?" He looked down at his stomach, then up at the girl once again. "I'm kinda hungry..."

Eden

Eden glared, straightening out and walking to the door. "I'll stretch however I want." She followed his gaze though, looking up the stairs. "Hey, I have an idea! Maybe you can carry me back up?" She said more than asked.

She was pondering the thought of him piggybacking her up the stairs when he asked her about getting some food. After a moment of self-debate, she nodded. "I suppose. But only if they have salad, or yogurt or something."

((So sorry for such a late reply, and a short one at that! I'm really busy with my finals and stuff, so it's hard to get replies out.))

((Boy oh boy, I get where you're coming from. Don't sweat it, really. Exams are time consuming, I understand.))

Oh, what a coincidence! I have an idea too! How about we kick your teeth in, then drag you up the stairs by your hair?

Oz shot his partner a puzzled glance, his eyebrows furrowed together. "I think I can carry you. I mean, you're pretty small, no offense. But...How do you want me to carry you? I don't want people to get the wrong idea..."

Oh, congratulations Oz! I'm so happy to hear that you finally got your degree in being a damn pack mule.

And, at that, Oz covered his mouth and feigned a cough, slipping in some rather vulgar words to Bold in an inaudible hissing tone. And, at such, the voice in his head fell dead silent.

"I'll carry you, I guess. But I need food before we can think of anything like that." And, as if on cue, Oz's stomach let out a soft growl once more. "I'll even buy for us, my treat."

Eden

The girl rolled her eyes, striding out of the building and expecting him to follow. "If anyone has a brain, which you obviously don't, then the 'wrong idea' will never even cross their mind. You can piggyback me up." As long as it was comfortable, and he wasn't bony and weak, Eden was all for hitching a ride. Not only was he her pack mule now, but it appeared it was his destiny to take on the role of a horse as well.

When Oz laughed in his not-so-concealed way, Eden glanced back and raised an eyebrow at him. She didn't say anything, however. All she did was read the sign hung on the lamppost that pointed the way to the cafeteria, and then begin heading that way. His last comment made her laugh though, but she didn't stop. "Of course you will."

It took a moment for Oz to comprehend what she had said. Once he had, though, he quickly grew flustered, waving his arms about. "Nonono! No, I mean, I don't want people to think we're friends."

It may have been a bit of an impulsive statement, but he found it to be fairly accurate. From what he could tell, Eden absolutely resented him. At least, that seemed pretty evident in her comment about his lack of a brain or whatever.

Bitch.

Wait, sorry. I'm not supposed to be talking right now.

"Hey...Uh..." He knew what he was trying to say, it was just difficult to put the words together. "...Sorry if I'm being a burden on you or something. I don't want to be the person to mess up your life here, so if I'm dragging you down...Could you tell me, please?"

"Nonono! No, I mean, I don't want anyone thinking we're friends."

Eden

Surprisingly, Oz's words stung Eden. She faltered slightly, but resumed her pace without failure. "I'm glad you understand me." Wasn't that what she wanted him to think? Not just that, but wasn't it what she actually wanted? She was used to this kind of feeling, but people rarely said they flat out didn't want to be her friend.

The next thing Oz said though stopped the brunette dead in her tracks. "Sorry if I'm being a burden on you or something," he said. "I don't want to be the person to mess up your life here, so if I'm dragging you down...could you tell me, please?" She was honestly quite shocked that such a thought was going through his head. He seemed so happy-go lucky, free and kind, someone who doesn't worry about people like her. People rarely cared about her actions unless it bothered them directly. It seemed that Oz took each thing she said personally, and she felt bad thinking of some of the things she'd said.

Eden turned around and faced him. Her cloudy gray eyes seemed to house a storm as she stared into his bright blue ones, her expression serious -- perhaps even regretful. "You..you aren't a burden, Oz, and you aren't making my life horrible or anything." She paused, her eyes darting down as she pushed her hair behind her ears. "If anything, I'm the one who's probably making you regret ever meeting me. It's just..." Once more, she paused, sighing quietly. "You're not the kind of person I'd usually hang out with.."

Bingo.

Oz had her right where he needed. Guilty, with that thick shell of snarky attitude and general gaucherie shattered. A place where, as opposed to him being brought down, it was her. And, seeing as the plan was going almost
too well, he couldn't help but grin. Although he wasn't really one for revenge, the thought of Eden receiving a taste of her own medicine sure did play a fair part in his expression.

"Not too fun, is it? Come on, goofball." His voice carried with a bit of a chuckle, a finger reaching out to gently poke her nose. "Quit being such a sour puss and smile a bit. It increases your face value."

Oh. A pun. How charming, you manipulative sack of shi-

Oz had to literally hold his tongue between his teeth to avoid laughing. "C'mon, really, I'm starving, and standing here isn't really much of a help." With such as his concluding statement, he brushed his way past her, hands in his pockets as he went on, whistling a merry tune and strolling along with a bit of a swagger in his step.

Forgive me for talking out of turn, but I'm glad you at least made some audacious attempt on the topic of her attitude. Of course, one of two scenarios will take place due to that little conversation. Either tommorow, you wake up to a slightly less crude Eden, or...

"...Or I don't wake up at all. I'm placing my bets on the latter, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back