The Assistant [Inactive]

After being his assistant for almost two weeks now, he grown accustomed to her services. He's never too demanding or rude with her due to his charming demeanor.

*Yasujiro clears his throat as he screws in a piece to his latest creation* Ms. Kirani? Could you please come here?

Kirani nodded and walked over her hands folded in front of her resting on her apron. "Yes sir?"

*He looks up at her, then adjusts his glasses* I'd like for you to bring me a pot of tea, please. Also, make sure to bring two cups, I'd like you to join me to a cup as well, we have matters to discuss. *He looks down and continues to tinker with the contraption on the table.*

Kirani hesitated for a little bit, never before has he asked her to do that. She nodded and bowed slightly "yes sir of course" she turned and left the room quietly closing the door. She made her way to kitchen where a pot was always on the stove. She got out a tray putting his usual cup on the tray and another on for herself. She out cream, some sugar and finally the pot onto the tray and started back onto the other room. She lightly knocked on the door before entering "your tea sir".

Yes, come in. *He stands as she walks in and then gestures to the seat across from him* Take a seat Kirani. *He smiles.*

She swallowed before putting the tray on the table and pouring his tea, preparing the way he usually asked for it, and then pouring some for herself. She sat down, hands folded in her lap, maybe he was firing her. Bringing the news down friendly with some tea. She looked up at him "what would you like to talk about sir?"

*He sips his tea.* Mmm, splendid tea as usual Kirani. *He sets it down and looks at her.* I'd like you to take the next two days off. *He stops and thinks to himself for a moment, "Hm, how can I put this without giving away too much..."* See, I'm going to work on this new... *He hesitates* invention. Yes, an invention. This will require my absolute attention, so I need the house left completely to myself. *He picks up his tea and sips it again* I will arrange your stay, fully paid by me, at a nearby hotel. I will also add a bonus to your pay for this inconvenience. After the two day you may return to the house and resume your position once more. *He looks at her and tilts his head.* So, how does that sound?

Kirani blinked a few times in a bit of surprise and shock. "That sounds lovely, but... Are you sure you wouldn't need me?" She tapped her finger a lightly on the tea cup.

*He nods.* Yes, I'm positive. Though, before you go I have a list of tasks I need you to do. As well as a few things I need you to run out and get for me. I'll make sure to give you the lists after we're done here. *He smiles, then sips his tea.* I sure will miss your fantastic tea though. *He sighs and continues to drink, then stops.* Ms. Kirani, you should drink your tea before it cools. *He laughs* We both know, cold tea is bad tea. *He then goes back to sipping his tea.*

She took a sip in compliance smiling a little bit, she took another before putting her cup down "thank you sir, this is certainly a lovely surprise"

*He nods* I'm glad you appreciate it, in the past couple of weeks you've done a stupendous job here. Thankfully, I decided to hire you instead of the others that applied.

Before Kirani was hired, Yasujiro had gone through a horrible process of sifting through the good and bad applicants. Kirani was the only who applied and didn't feel the necessity to intrude in his personal business with questions that shouldn't be asked due to Yasujiro's very secretive lifestyle in his lab and home.

He sets his empty cup down on the table and wait for her to finish.* After you have finished packing you may come see me in my office to get the of duties I have for you, as well as your paycheck with the added bonus to it. *He smiles politely.*

Kirani stood cleaning up the table and putting everything back on the tray she bowed and headed towards the door. Before opening it she turned "sir. If you don't mind my asking why?" She looked at him, "you've never done this before"

*He laughs* Now why would you ask such a silly question, do you not want this time off? *He looks at her questioningly, trying to avoid answering the question she had asked.*

Kirani thought about it for a moment and nodded "yes, I guess it is a silly question" she smiled and opened the door walking down the hallway to the kitchen. She put the tray on the counter to wash later and wiped her hands on her apron. She laughed a little to herself "a few days off, amazing" she let out a sigh and went to her room taking a bag from under bed and packing it with a few things. She closed it and put it by her door. Straightening out her dress she went back up to the room entering "the lists sir, are they ready?"

*He looks up and hands her a list* Here you go, once I have everything you're free to go. *He looks down to his journal he was lookig at before she walked in.* That will be all, thank you.

Tasks

• Clear off my lab table
  • Cook meals for the two nights you are gone
  • Take out two old and dirty bed sheets and place them on my lab table
  • Place my medical kit on top of the bed sheet

Things I Need You to Buy

• Two buckets
  • Rope
  • Large sheets of plastic
  • Black paint
  • One paint brush
  • Masking tape
  • A new handkerchief for myself
  • A new pair of gloves and shoes
  • A new bottle of rubbing alcohol

Kirani looked over the list planning out what to do in her head, she might as well get the shopping and cleaning done today and spend the day tomorrow cooking, surly he wouldn't mind "yes sir of carouse sir" she bowed and left walking down to the basement where his lab was. It was always unorganized but she couldn't do anything about it. She fished out his medical kit and got to work around the lab. After the errands she put all but the handkerchief gloves and shoes in his lab. She then went up to his room neatly putting the gloves, shoes and handkerchief on his bed, and his dinner on the table side.

*Sitting in his study, he sat at his table writing down a schedule for the two days she would be gone. Each step being written down meticulously, word representing the dark thoughts that lingered about in his head. He then take the list and fold it up and places it in his desk drawer, accidentally leaving the corner of the hanging from compartment. He sighs.* Damn, I forgot to add cleaning my study up as well. *He stands up and stretches.* Ms. Kirani? *He calls from his study door as he walks out into the hallway.*

Kirani looked up from the kitchen sink, she was watching the tea set. She heard her name and quickly wiped her hands on a towel walking into the hallway up the stairs, she saw him in the hall and folded her hands in front of her "yes sir you called me?"

*He nods.* Yes, I did. *He smiles, then frowns.* I'm dreadfully sorry to add onto the list of things I have asked of you... *He sighs* When you can, would you ever so kindly clean up my study as well? It's a mess in there, as usual due my unkemptness *He laughs* but I'd like it to look at least somewhat presentable for later...

"Yes of course sir it's no problem, I'll do that now" Kirani smiled a little and walked towards his study "oh and sir, I put your dinner by your bed, as well as your handkerchief, shoes and gloves, as well as a bottle of brandy and some tea to go with your dinner" she nodded and opened the door to his study.

*He smiles* Thank you, Kirani. *He walks over to his bedroom whistling a tune, then thinks to himself "Kirani is a great cook, I cannot wait till I see what she made for dinner tonight." He shuts his bedroom door behind him and goes to eat his dinner.*

Kirani picked up a few of his books putting them back on the shelves and putting his tools back into the bag putting that on the counter. She put a sheet over the contraption that he tinkered on and walked over to straighten up his desk. He out pens and pencils in their holder when she noticed something hanging out of his desk drawer. She opened it to fix the paper and opened it to take the crease out of the corner. She was working on the crease when she started to read it, with every word fear grew on her face. This couldn't be him, he acted nothing like this. She thought about it for a few moments before dismissing it as a strange poem he wrote. She quickly folded it back into the drawer and walked out of the room.

*He wipes his mouth with his napkin and pours some of the brandy out into a glass. He calls for Kirani.* Kirani, would you come here please? *He drinks the brandy as he waits for her to come in.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back