• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Apprentice

I don't think you should worry, your post is just fine. I like your style, and your character seems lovely. I actually just spotted a few mistakes on my part as well, and I'm a bit flustered about that. If you're really not satisfied about your post, you can always edit it if you want, but it's perfect under my criteria.

TheCreator said:
I don't think you should worry, your post is just fine. I like your style, and your character seems lovely. I actually just spotted a few mistakes on my part as well, and I'm a bit flustered about that. If you're really not satisfied about your post, you can always edit it if you want, but it's perfect under my criteria.
True, true, and thank you for the complements. I want to be an author, so compliments and advice on my writing means a lot to me.

[QUOTE="That Guy Over There]True, true, and thank you for the complements. I want to be an author, so compliments and advice on my writing means a lot to me.

[/QUOTE]
You can count on me with that, sir! And, um, yeah, I ask that you forgive my blatant mistakes; English is not my first language, and I want to devote myself to writing in the future, so feedback does not go unappreciated.

TheCreator said:
You can count on me with that, sir! And, um, yeah, I ask that you forgive my blatant mistakes; English is not my first language, and I want to devote myself to writing in the future, so feedback does not go unappreciated.
I can try. If I see any reoccurring mistakes I'll let you know, so we both get something out of it.

Ah, right! Thank you very much for that.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to clarify the situation you wavered over. In the scenario I envisioned, the bridge where the altercation unfolds crosses right over a chasm (connecting the one of the ends of the town with woodland), and next to it is a big waterfall. Behind the cascading water, there's a cave. In that cave, the Quoloth. The Quoloth can be heard about to pounce towards the bridge and barge into the town. The Orphanage is located very close to the bridge, which is why both our characters are close enough to hear the creature approaching.

At least this is the way I pictured it, let me know if you constructed the situation differently and consider it'd be more comfortable if we changed it.

TheCreator said:
Ah, right! Thank you very much for that.
Oh, by the way, I forgot to clarify the situation you wavered over. In the scenario I envisioned, the bridge where the altercation unfolds crosses right over a chasm (connecting the one of the ends of the town with woodland), and next to it is a big waterfall. Behind the cascading water, there's a cave. In that cave, the Quoloth. The Quoloth can be heard about to pounce towards the bridge and barge into the town. The Orphanage is located very close to the bridge, which is why both our characters are close enough to hear the creature approaching.

At least this is the way I pictured it, let me know if you constructed the situation differently and consider it'd be more comfortable if we changed it.
No, I'm fine with this. I just didn't know there was a bridge or that it was coming from in front, not from the side which is what I thought. Thank you for clearing this up!

A Quoloth, btw, would look more or less like this thing:

50b82378bce0d_o.jpg

TheCreator said:
A Quoloth, btw, would look more or less like this thing:
50b82378bce0d_o.jpg
That is VERY useful information xD

Just to make sure-did my character still do what I said he did, or are we changing it due to my slight misunderstanding?

[QUOTE="That Guy Over There]That is VERY useful information xD

Just to make sure-did my character still do what I said he did, or are we changing it due to my slight misunderstanding?

[/QUOTE]
We'll have it however you deem appropriate. You can edit if you're more comfortable with that, or you can just leave it as is.

Enviado desde mi BLU DASH 4.0 mediante Tapatalk

[QUOTE="That Guy Over There]Ah, your edits make it much easier to work with. I apologize for the inconvenience (^.^)

[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm glad it works for you!

[QUOTE="That Guy Over There]I should really stop promising posting times, the world seems to hate me... Just to clear this up before I post, why is the Quoloth attacking?

[/QUOTE]
I planned for that to be explained later, but should you really need to know right now, I see no problem in telling you.

TheCreator said:
I planned for that to be explained later, but should you really need to know right now, I see no problem in telling you.
It affects the success of what my young monk is going to attempt, so I most likely will mess something up if I don't know -.-'

Oh, sorry! Well, Quoloths rarely tend to approach large groups of a different species, unless they feel threatened. Very strong surges of power (especially Electric and Dark) are usually what triggers them.

[QUOTE="That Guy Over There]Is it possible to calm them down?

[/QUOTE]
Well, it is possible to fend them off into submission (they retreat), or in the worst case and if extremely necessary, kill them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back