Anime & Manga The Anime Recommendation List

im gonna second both 07-ghost and lucky star. ive read 07-ghost and watched an episode or two (which i stopped because i heard of monster musume and that caused me to forget about it), and it has remained one of my favourite mangas. you know what lucky star is.

xxxHolic is my absolute favourite manga, though i find the anime a bit questionable due to the fact that emulating the art style didn't quite translate well to animation. Still, i reread it twice in highschool and, if youre up for something with oddly long limbs, the anime still has the same great story that i fell in love with. if youre not up for watching that, i still suggest the manga.The anime does have a bitchin' intro, though.

I've only ever read Hellsing, but it's another one of my personal favourites. A vampire with a gun and a vampire chick that fights with fucking cannons, what more could you need? like full metal alchemist, there are two separate animes for it, one that follows the storyline and one that doesnt due to the fact that it was made before the manga was finished. ive never watched either, so i cant speak for them. One is just called Hellsing, and the other is Hellsing Ultimate.

its been a few years since i watched it, but i found moon phase amazing when i was younger. another one about vampires, but this one doesnt include guns. i know theres a manga, but i also know that its incomplete... i think the creators lost funding or something before it was finished? i dont quite remember, but the anime did have a finale and then an a cute ova episode that made no sense. i cant remember most of it because i think i was literally eight, but i definitely remember that i quite liked it. if its different from what i remember, im sorry. the animation was cute.

black cat was the very first manga i finished, and i adored it from beginning to end, though i found the names in it a tad questionable. the animation is good from what i remember of the anime, but i still much preferred the manga. no unnecessary episodes just to be a tear-jerker. not much i can say without ruining the anime or manga, but its still a good one.

k project was a good one. having magic used in a modern day setting is always something appealing to me, and i think that this one did that in a good way. some of the things that happen in it make zero sense, and the fact that literally nobody questions it is hilarious. the animation was nicely done, though i sometimes found the colouring they used a tad bit off, though that might have been because i have trouble seeing shades of red.

tokyo ghoul is my favourite anime, and im planning on reading the manga... whenever i can. fluid animation, cannibalism, despair, and everyone is pretty much the bad guy, and juuzou. everything ive ever needed in an anime.

ive heard good things about mob psycho, but i havent watched it myself. maybe one day. maybe.

devil is a part timer might just be the best comedy anime ive seen yet. its the anime in kimona's signature, and includes a whole lot of tropes and i loved it.

yuri on ice. the first and only sports anime ive watched. i think that the animation was beautiful, the songs were great, and the characters were great. i loved everything about it.

monster musume is for anyone who likes monsters and ecchi. theres even an uncensored version out there. by far, its my favourite harem anime.

Madoka magica isn't an anime, its a fucking experience. the fight scenes look genuinely disconcerting, while the characters remain as cute as ever.while i can normally watch a horror thing with no problem, i found the entire scene with walpurgisnacht to actually be kind of scary. quite the magical girl anime.

tokyo mew mew is also about magical girls, and my favourite one out of all the magical girl animes ive watched so far. theres over fifty episodes in it, which kind of surprised me when i watched it. if you like cat girls, i advise this one to you.
Hellsing didn't follow the manga, yet the remake Hellsing Ultimate followed it very closely. I'd suggest you to watch it if you get the time.

Also those long legs are terrifying.

Tokyo Ghoul I have read almost all the mangas besides the newest past 3 in re. Watched both seasons too.

Well lets loose some cannonballs to the list :P

Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
Gundam Seed / Seed Destiny
Gundam Iron-blooded Orphans
Gundam Age (there are other gundams ofcourse these are my favorites)
Tekkaman Blade / Blade II
Bio-Boosted Armor Guyver
Guyver Out-of control
Kyoushoku Soukou Guyver I / II (aall Guyver titles are related but has different names in them)
Macross / Macross Plus / Macross Zero / Macross Frontier / Macross Delta (There is also at least two Macross 7 between plus and Frontier on timeline but I strongly advice against them)
Vandread / Vandread 2
Stelvia of the Universe
Super Robot Wars OG Divine Wars/ The Inspectors
Digimon (there is just too many seasons of this for me to list in here but until recent application stuff I found each and every one of them interesting)
Heroman (what is Stan Lee was involved in anime you say? Here check the thing that inspired Big Hero 6 :P)
Zero no Tsukaima 1/2/princess no rondo
Shakugan no Shana /second/Final
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha /A's/StrikerS/Vivid
Vivid Strike! (although this is continuation from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid it spoils somethings after Vivid it does not have first part of name in it and it is more of a spinoff watch in mind if vivid gets a second season this might spoil some things)
Full Metal Panic /Second Raid
Scryed
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill
Major (I think this one has 5 or 6 seasons and two movies I might be wrong it has been a while it is a good baseball anime)
Saint Seiya (again this has too many sub-titles but it is really cool)
Koukaku no Regios
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon I/II (this one is a weird one and onestly I saw many people getting overwhelmed by all information flooded by this one but since history especially certain myths and such were my favorites this one is in my list of suggestions)
Sokyuu no Fafner (I honeslty does not remember all sub-titles this one has but it is a good one)
Space Adventure Cobra (there is also a movie version of this though can't remember name)
Cobra the animation (although this is related to Space Adventure Cobra it has a different name and iirc there are some tv specials and movies or OVA's of this one)
Slam Dunk
Kuroko no Basket (has more than one season)
Code Geass 1/2/Akito the exiled
Kingdom 1/2
Majestic Prince
Star Driver
Captain Earth
Akame ga Kill
Kaitou Joker (this has 3 or 4 seasons iirc it is a fun watch)
Level E
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Seiken Tsukai no World Break
Serei Tsukai no blade Dance
Ushio to Tora
World Trigger
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
Heroic Age
Yu Yu Hakusho
Claymore
Getbackers
Kaze no Stigma
Rurouni Kenshin
Shadow Skill
Saiyuki (this one has many sub-titles as well and it will get a new season soon despite its age)
Magi 1/2
Phi Brain (i think it either has 3 or 4 seasons though i watched them all in one go so not sure)
Black Blood Brothers
trinity blood
Vampire Hunter D (both movies)
Shura no Toki
Hagure no Yuusha
Haikyu
GaoGaiGar
Gunbuster 1/2
12 kingdom
and the usual suspects of not even needing to be advied but anyway

Dragonball /Z/GT/Kai/Super
One Piece
Naruto /shippuden
Bleach
Toriko
Fairy tail 1/2

Hellsing didn't follow the manga, yet the remake Hellsing Ultimate followed it very closely. I'd suggest you to watch it if you get the time.

Also those long legs are terrifying.

Tokyo Ghoul I have read almost all the mangas besides the newest past 3 in re. Watched both seasons too.

I know about both hellsings, im just not interested in watching either. I watched the first two episodes of ultimate, it just didnt work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back