The Adoption [LynxAmelia x Totally a hero] [Inactive]

"So...what do you like to do for fun?" What on earth...what the hell on earth. He had bees driving to the adoption agency to adopt a baby boy! Not some...teenage girl! Something...somehow...went wrong?! "I-I myself enjoy music,oh and I love graphic design!" He had been planing the adoption for over a year now. He was supposed to be receiving a four month old boy whom parents were to young to take care of him. He had planned everything for the baby,he had made a baby room in his small three bedroom house. It had a sky blue paint coating,teddy bears and toys littered the room, and plenty of books for him to read as he got older. He evan borrowed mommy from a friend to purchase an expensive crib. He had woke up so excited to bring home a new child. He bounced into the shower, dressed himself in a tie and vest,styled his hair, everything to look like a suitable parent. When he opened the doors to the adoption agency he was excited to be a father. To raise a child. To give a child a life he had always wanted. But instead of a Beutiful baby being being placed into his arms,a girl stood there with a blank expression. At first he thought it was a joke. Something the agency did to mess with the future adoptive parents. But it wasn't. The paperwork stated that he was adopting this child. He didn't want to accept it. He wanted his baby boy...but something inside of him told him to take her. So he smiled and introduced himself. Took her bags,and loaded her luggage into his car. And there she sat in his backseat. And there he say,trying to make conversation with somebody he never intended to meet.

"I'm on the hockey team," the girl said stiffly. She'd seen the man talk with the manager of the adoption center. She'd seen him throw something similar to a tantrum because he wanted a baby. She crossed her arms across her chest as she sat staring out of the window.

Honestly, she couldn't even remember the last time someone wanted her. Everyone wanted a cute little baby. No one wanted a grumpy teenager. Including this man. "Stop pretending," she said, sighing heavily, "I know you don't want me. So why don't you just take me back?" Being a tomboy, she'd taken the pains to put on a skirt. She'd even done her hair for this guy! And now...

She couldn't help but sigh once again. She'd lived in enough families who'd hated her and returned her within a couple of days. This guy will be no exception, she could tell. So she let her question linger, waiting for him to answer.

"I wanted to adopt a child dear,and you do still qualify as one" jeez...this girl is bitter.like to the bone. True she was not the child he wanted, but he was legally confined to provide and take care of her. This was one of the first steps of being a parent right? Helping the child through hard times? His mouth opened to say something, but it closed again quickly after. The situation was softly killing him for sure...

"So hockey huh?" He didn't want weird silent ride home. Part of him wanted to understand what the poor girl was going through. The paper work showed that she bounced from home to home frequently. "That must be rough on a kid..."he thinks to himself.

"I believe a co-worker of mine also likes hockey. Maybe I can see if he can find us a game no?"

After a brief pause, the girl said, "I don't like watching." For a second, she thought she saw something in front of the car. A second later, it had disappeared. She shook her head a little, sending her blonde hair flying around her head like a yellow aura. She was going crazy and she knew it. And now, she was stuck with a man who'd never wanted her in the first place.

She adjusted her skirt for the hundredth time. She simply couldn't get used to it! It was probably not worth wearing anyway. She looked at the man through the rear view mirror for a second before getting on her knees on top of her seat and reaching for her duffel bag in the trunk of the car. She didn't know where he was going. She might as well be prepared for if he decided to take her back to the adoption center. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail with a scrunchie and hugged her bag tightly. That bag was the only permanent thing in her life. "You're taking me back, aren't you?" she asked, her voice with just a hint of disappointment, "Or at least you will when you get a baby..." she buried her face in the back of the bag, nearly picturing that eventuality in her head. She hated people pretending to love her when all they thought of her was as a freak.

" well I think I left my favorite pen there so we just might." He tried to be funny...something he was terrible at. "And yes...I was supposed to receive a baby boy..." He bit the inside of his cheek. She deserved to know...it was not only his life the adoption affected but hers as well. "But life has thrown a curve ball at me yes?" He smiled nervously and then cleared his wind pipe. He looked at her through the mirror as she pulled her hair back in a ponytail.he noticed that she wasn't very happy with her skirt either. She was...unique,for sure. Most likely do to how often she Bounces from home to home.

"Look...I get that you may not like me...and I'm not going to pretend that I purposefully chose you...but I'm going to take care of you from now on,okay? "

He sighed and then smiled

"You don't have to call me dad,or sir,or anything special really okay?"

Andria looked up at the man with a quizzically. He sure was optimistic. She knew it would be very short lived though. She'll find a way for him to get rid of her so that she wouldn't have to stay in an unloved home. And he wouldn't have any further problems.

"Then what do I call you?" she asked, now resting her chin on the bag that she'd been hugging, "Or don't you want me to call you anything at all?" Though she felt sorry for the guy, he was going to have a hard time till he got rid of her. She was going to make sure of it. But she wanted to know something...

"Will you be adopting someone else as well?" she asked curiously, her light brown eyes probing for an answer. If it was a yes, she would run away. If it was a no, she'd make him get rid of her. In any case, she did not plan on staying with him for long. She wanted to feel.. special. She wanted to feel wanted. This guy didn't make her feel either of it.

"Well....I'm not really sure." His hand fixed his tie while while he drove with the other. "I decide to adopt because I wanted...to provide for somebody..." The words felt foreign inside his mouth. "So if you decide to leave...or if you stay with me and grow up...and then move out...maybe then will I adopt another." He was trying to be so careful with his words. Each move of his mouth felt like balancing plates on his head. He tried to focus on the road but his mind was on anything but that. "And...well call me whatever you want. My students call me may...if you find that suitable for me?"

Andria's lip quirked in a smirk before she burst out laughing right then. "May?" she asked, grinning evilly before leaning on the front seat to peer at the man in the driver's seat, "Are you sure you are a guy?" she asked before giggling once more and falling back on her seat.

Perhaps this was as close to being childish as she was capable of. Then she asked something she herself felt was wrong, "Don't you ever plan on getting married or something? Then you can have your own baby." She spit the last word out rather hatefully. For that was how strongly she felt about the little twerps who always ended up replacing her wherever she got adopted. They were always preferred over her. They were always wanted. She never was.

"M-my nick name has a very long story behind it" being insulted by a child was bashing his ego. "And I would be happy to tell you another time" he grumbled,but it was the first time he saw her smile and laugh so he decided to let it slide. A father in this type of situation would scold her,but he was still a stranger to her. He adjusted his mirror so that he could see her. He looked away from the road for a split second so that he could make eye contact with her. "And I'll have you know I love that name!" He says in a joking matter. He gigged,covering his mouth with his right hand.

Now he had to tackle the other half of what she said...he really didn't want to,but she would have found out anyway. "Believe it or not I was married at one point...for one whole year." He scratched his head and smiled slightly. "My wife and I had always planned to have a child...so I'm just fulfilling our agreement..." He let out a heavy sigh and breathed in with a shaky voice. He tried hard to keep his composure but he was sure she could see it. "But yah...may isn't that bad of a name right?" He wanted a conversation on anything but his wife.

Andria was still snickering when he said that, "Uh huh.. For a girl it is," she said, trying to stifle the laughter. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a form sitting next to her. But when she turned her head a little, it was gone. She rubbed her eyes a little to look again. "I think I need glasses," she mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear it.

"So, you're May," she said, chuckling again, "I'm sorry I'm not named after a month but.. My name is Andria. My friends call me Andi," she said as a manner of introduction, "But I guess you already knew that.."

She looked back out of the window before asking, "Did you see the baby? Was it cute?" she asked. She rubbed her eyes a little, hoping he wouldn't see the tears gathering there. She could never get over how easily replaceable she was. No one in her older 'homes' even gave her a second thought before getting rid of her. Involuntarily, she hugged her bag just a little tighter, as though it would protect her from the same result in this house.

He sighed relived. "Yes,you may call me may" he knew that she was antagonizing him but he was fine with it. The more he can keep her talking the more he feels like there forming a bond...at least he thinks so. Truth be told he wish he could know what she was thinking,but sadly things like that don't really happen. Trying to keep up with the fun he reply

"Should I be giving you a nick name now? How about we name you August to match my name?" He smiled at her,he was enjoying the silly conversation.

"Oh and the child...he was a chubby one...green eyes...had just a small patch of hair...his skin looked like coffee with to much creamer. He looked back to see her looking rather upset. She must have been feeling distressed.

After some thinking he decides to do something un planned

"How about we go out and eat? I've got nothing special to eat at home anyway...so let's go all out." He wanted to stop her sadness...just for a little bit he wanted to bring her some joy.

Andria looked at May and shrugged, "Whatever," she muttered, putting her chin back on her duffel bag, "Just no meat. I hate it," she grumbled. It was her, slightly malformed, idea that anything with eyes shouldn't be eaten, "I'll throw up at the sight of meat, or any other kind of non vegetarian food. Even eggs. It's like eating an unborn chicken."

She loved animals. She hadn't told him but she loved volunteering at the pet shelter. "Do you have any pets at home?" she asked, eagerness peeking through her stiff voice, "A dog maybe?"

"Oh,I see." Ouch...this guy loved meat...like with a passion. Steak...ribs...chicken...sacrifice...he was going to have to sacrifice. "You choose where we go,my treat!" He had to admit he was curious how a food place can survive without serving meat.

"And no...no pets,sorry August " he tested the nickname to see how she would respond. "But I saw on your report that you spend a lot of time at animal shelters. I'm guessing that you really like animals then? " he himself had been allergic to anything with fur since he was a child. His face would turn red and swell,his eyes would grow puffy,and it made breathing hard for him. But those things could be talked about another time.

[i love your characters! Makes me want to pity them and laugh at them at the same time xD ]

"I usually don't eat out," Andria admitted, "So yeah, I guess you're gonna have to pick where we're going. And it is obviously your treat 'cos... Let's face it, I don't have money," she said with a wry chuckle. "And don't call me August. It reminds me of Augustus Caesar, who's a guy by the way, and I don't like Augustus Caesar."

Then she put on a big broad smile before saying, "I LOVE animals!" She was nearly squealing, "Especially old ones. The ones who's owners abandon them because they are too much of a bother." After a small pause, she added, "Like me, I guess." She could relate a lot with abandoned animals. Only difference was that, she wasn't old or sick. She was just... different.

"That's...kinda sad..." What she said was something between really cute and really disturbing. She was smiling like any other girl her age,but a hint of sadness could be seen in her eyes if you looked close enough. "My mother had a baby pug when we first got married,he ran around 24/7. I could never get the guy to stay still. I think we named him Oliver" talking to her started to become less intimidating. They were learning about each other from the small bits of conversation. "Oh and how about some sushi? They make kinds without meat." He couldent recall the name of the type because he had always pilled on the meat.

Andria blinked for a few seconds before saying, "I hope it doesn't have any fish in it either... They have eyes too, you know. Fish, lobsters, crabs... Oysters don't have them but they are molluscs so I won't eat them either," she finished with a flourish.

"Pugs are spoilt dogs," she said, "Dogs of the rich. They don't get abandoned, the get put down. That's sad too, I guess. And just... wrong." She shook her head again at the image of it, "But not worse than the puppies that get hit by cars. Those kinds of rescues make me sad."

Thinking of dead dogs wasn't exactly how he enjoyed his free time. "Dogs of the rich? Me and my mother dis not have all that much. But jeez,she loved that thing to death" as he pulled into the sushi place he tried rein during her that there was no meat. Although he was just going off a blind guess. He truly felt like he was gambling with the devil. He turned the car off and then twist his torso to face her. "Let's have a good time alright?" His voice came out smooth. He wanted her to feel at ease.

Andria turned her head a little and gave him a queer look. "You are one weird guy," she said, slowing her words down so that he could hear them clearly, "Have fun eating?" She shook her head with a small chuckle before climbing out of the car and waiting for him.

He seemed to be trying... hard. She almost felt sorry for him. This could be fun.... I hope

'I hope so too,' came a voice from somewhere behind her. But when she turned around, there was nothing there. "I need to sleep more," she mumbled.

Oh how badly he wanted to get upset with her! He was trying,he really was! He grumbled as he stepped out of the car,slamming the door closed as he left. If he had a baby boy then he could be at home right now holding him. But NOOO!instead he was taking a bratty teenager out for dinner! "Stop mumbling! You've been like that the whole car ride..." His words were rusted and cold. "Now come on,I'm hungry." His teeth clenched each other as he stormed into the building. He did not bother waiting for her,if she was going to be a brat then she can be one alone. He quickly found himself a seat and plopped himself down. His usually calm respectful manner and tone had bended into something else. He scratched the top of his head violently and then tugged at his hair with both hands. "Why...why me?" He put his head down on the table,looking like a child throwing a fit.

May had suddenly turned.. scary..

Whatever little trust Andria had in him quickly vaporized as she walked into the restaurant shakily. She had to convince herself for a good few minutes before she sat down before him.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, sitting back in her seat, trying to put as much distance as she could between them. Before she knew it, tears flooded down her cheeks forming large drops on the skirt she hated. It wasn't her fault that she kept seeing or hearing things. Maybe she was supposed to go to a shrink, who knew? The last one simply freaked out on her. And he was no different.

She did not dare look up at him though. Not now. She hated herself for crying. And she hated herself for being a freak. And no one was willing to help her. Not even this guy.

Slowly, she stood up again. "I'll just take my bag and go," she said, "I think I know my way back."

" no no wait!" Sure she had upset him,but he did not want her to leave. He grabbed her hand and turned her around. "Look! Do you want to know what family is? This is family. It you getting mad at me,and me getting mad at you. It's not all rainbows and holidays! There's going to be some dark times in our relationship...and it's going to be truly unpleasant..." He had found himself being brutally honest with her. He felt bad for blowing up on her,but she had pushed him past the breaking point . Sad to say there was now way to stop him once he was going.

"But like it or not we are family now! My blood may not be in your veins but dammit we are in this together now!" He felt his cheeks getting wet but he continued to scold her. "I'm going to do everything in my power to raise you up to be a good person...." He let out a shaky breath and squeezed her hand. "But you have to meet me half way if you want this to work..." Any power he had left with the last of his words. His knees felt week and he crumbled to the floor. He still held onto her hand...he would not let her leave without him.

As confused as she was, Andria simply didn't know what to do. She tried blocking it out like the rest of the times she'd been shouted at but it was just not possible this time. Mainly because they were out in public and she was getting yelled at by a stranger.

But when he fell to the ground, she was stunned. "Hey hey, don't pass out on me," she said, kneeling beside him. She could feel stares. More number of stares than the number of people there. "Get up, please!" she whispered, gripping his arm, "I'm scared."

With tear filled eyes he slowly rose. He felt like the roles should have been switched, but he could have cared a whole lot less than that. She stayed. She could talk a big game, but deep down she was just as confused and lonely as him. "I-umm sorry"

Her big brown eyes stared at him for a good few seconds. "Are you sure you aren't going to get rid of me?" she asked, almost hesitantly, "Even if I am as horrible a kid as I am now?" She had to be sure, she didn't want to trust the wrong person. "And don't cry. Everyone thinks I was trying to kill you." she said in a hushed tone, chuckling wryly as she did so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back