Idea The Academy for Magic and powered children?

The Outcast

Return of the King
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Im wondering if anyone wants to make a group with me and do this rp

Last edited:
When you type Migic, do you mean Magic, or is it something different? Not trying to criticize you, but I'm assuming it's a typo. Also, do you have additional details on what the academy will be about along with any potential plots?

When you say make a group do you mean you want someone to help you run a roleplay ? Or do you want one particular person to partner with you in a private roleplay?

When you type Migic, do you mean Magic, or is it something different? Not trying to criticize you, but I'm assuming it's a typo. Also, do you have additional details on what the academy will be about along with any potential plots?
I do mean magic sorry ill go and fix that. And i have the basic story ploted out but still enough room for people to have fun with their own stuff

When you say make a group do you mean you want someone to help you run a roleplay ? Or do you want one particular person to partner with you in a private roleplay?
I mean im look for mutiable people to start the rp with. I just wanted to see if people were interested before i made everything

Alright in that case you'll need to put up an interest check ( the basic plot , a bit about the setting , any posting length requirements , etc )

Now depending on what the setting is you'll put the interest check either in fantasy or modern/realistic

Fantasy settings include - Roleplays containing fantastic or whimsical settings that are not grounded in real life. You can expect roleplays with magic, mythical creatures and worlds entirely unlike our own in this category.

Realistic/Modern - Roleplays containing settings that are very similar to the real world. These settings still might have some minor fantasy or futuristic elements in them, but they are not the focal point of these roleplays. You can expect this category to be associated with games revolving around slice-of-life, historical fiction, detective dramas and superhero stories.

Alright in that case you'll need to put up an interest check ( the basic plot , a bit about the setting , any posting length requirements , etc )

Now depending on what the setting is you'll put the interest check either in fantasy or modern/realistic

Fantasy settings include - Roleplays containing fantastic or whimsical settings that are not grounded in real life. You can expect roleplays with magic, mythical creatures and worlds entirely unlike our own in this category.

Realistic/Modern - Roleplays containing settings that are very similar to the real world. These settings still might have some minor fantasy or futuristic elements in them, but they are not the focal point of these roleplays. You can expect this category to be associated with games revolving around slice-of-life, historical fiction, detective dramas and superhero stories.
I know how to do all that lol

Basic plot is yall go to a school to control your magic/powers or you are a teacher at the school.

Basic plot is yall go to a school to control your magic/powers or you are a teacher at the school.

Alright you'll need to tell people about the school, what makes it unique to other magical school roleplays? What kind of magic is available in this world?

Alright but magic is a very broad topic and saying - all magic is not going to help you get interest as it's too vague for people to get a handle on your idea.

So instead try narrowing it down and giving people a feel for the school.

An example of an old group I did :

Welcome to Founders, an academy for children with powers that allows them to learn to utilize their abilities in a hands on manner with mini missions run throughout the year. Each child is placed in a specific Rank ( typically starting at 1 and progressing up to 5 ) each year there is an ends of the year battle royal style exam that tests the kids on how much control they have learned. The score they receive on this test determines their rank for the next year.

The following powers are prohibited from this roleplay : reality warping , telekinesis, and psychic abilities.

Powers can be either mutant or magical in origin but are confined to one ability per character.

Alright but magic is a very broad topic and saying - all magic is not going to help you get interest as it's too vague for people to get a handle on your idea.

So instead try narrowing it down and giving people a feel for the school.

An example of an old group I did :

Welcome to Founders, an academy for children with powers that allows them to learn to utilize their abilities in a hands on manner with mini missions run throughout the year. Each child is placed in a specific Rank ( typically starting at 1 and progressing up to 5 ) each year there is an ends of the year battle royal style exam that tests the kids on how much control they have learned. The score they receive on this test determines their rank for the next year.

The following powers are prohibited from this roleplay : reality warping , telekinesis, and psychic abilities.

Powers can be either mutant or magical in origin but are confined to one ability per character.
I dont want a torment though, just a school for people to learn how to use their gifts...like remember when the site had the thing where you can set your rp to 'simple, causal, detailed?'
This would be a simple one

I dont want a torment though, just a school for people to learn how to use their gifts...like remember when the site had the thing where you can set your rp to 'simple, causal, detailed?'
This would be a simple one

I was just giving you an example of a simple description of your school. Founders is my idea but that little blurb gave you a good idea of the kind of school it was did it not? It was a magic school where kids trained to use their powers throughout the school year and at the end of the year their final exam was a kind of tournament which determined their rank for the next year.

Now your school doesn't have to be the same but the point I'm trying to get across is you need to tell people what YOUR school is like. How are students learning to use their powers? Is their some kind of power limit in place ( like people can only have one ability or they can't have an ability that destroys the roleplay universe ?) What's it called? Is it only for magical humans or could any kind of magic using creature ( say a unicorn or a dragon ) join up?

Is it set in a fantasy world with made up rules on magic or is it set in our world only people have magic for some reason.

Even simple roleplays need at least a solid base to start from just so they know where to put their characters and a little bit of what is expected from them.

Because if you don't give them a base they'll just make their own answers for each individual character and you could end up with a lot of conflicting back stories and settings. What if one person says their character is a fire wielding witch from New York who is attending a school in Massachusetts ; and another person says they're playing a talking unicorn from a fantasy land called Acornia who is attending the school in a magic island called the Magistirium.

As the GM you're job is to give people a base from which they can expand their own stories. Even if that base is something simple it at least needs to be explained.

All you need is

Welcome to [ Magical School Name Here ] an academy for [ gifted or magical ] students set in [ where is the school? ]. Our students come to us from all across the [ country / galaxy / world / state ] to learn to better use their powers. Our students learn [ ??? how do they learn, do they go to class , is their some kind of training ??? ] and enjoy spending quality time with each other.

Our faculty is also top notch coming from all over the [ country / nation / galaxy / world / state ] and being experts in their individual fields.

If you would like to join us send a pm to our headmaster/mistress [ pm The Outcast The Outcast ].

A further note : Students powers should be [ any information on powers you want to add here ]

Now all you need to do is replaced the parts [ in here ] with your own ideas. I find that in these kind of roleplays it is best to limit reality warping and death control at the very least. These powers allow players too much ability to derail a roleplay's plot or kill other people's characters off. But it's really up to you on how you want to handler the powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back