• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom that summer

sorbet

c'est magnifique
The fire curled up into the night sky, the reds and oranges mixing with the midnight blue-black, looking almost as if the embers touched the sky and became stars.

Katya sat in the soft grasses beside the stone pit, her legs crossed like a young child waiting patiently for a story to begin. Her green eyes danced in the shadows of the fire, and her gaze slowly swept across the landscape. She'd been out here for well over a half-an-hour, simply waiting and watching the time go by, the wind sweep the grasses, and the various animals scamper across the fields and through the surface of the water that sat a few yards to the west of where she sat. She knew she probably shouldn't have started a fire, but it was getting chilly, and besides, if it got out of hand, she could always just put it out with her wand. Plus, why would there be a fire pit here if it wasn't for making fires?

The grounds were quiet at this time of the evening, when most students at Hogwarts were inside, either studying, eating, or perusing the castle with their friends. The warm yellow light of torches still flooded outside of the windows, and some of that light washed over small sections of the grass, highlighting each plant with a golden glow. It was peaceful, really, to have sat alone and watched nature do what it does, without interruption. However, she wasn't going to be alone for too long. Every now and then, she checked her watch, the time inching closer and closer to eight-thirty. She'd told her boyfriend to meet her down here, so they could spent some time together before the stress of exams, studying, final weeks, and other things pulled them away from each other for a while. And then the summer would come, where they only saw each other every so often, not every day like they were used to.

But their relationship was a healthy one nonetheless, and it was one she truly enjoyed being in. They, of course, had had their ups and downs, but had a strong bond. And Katya truly believed they had something special. Their relationship had been rocky in the beginning, especially coming from two Houses with such a great rivalry, and the differences in their status. But he was great to her, and Katya tried her best to be perfect for him, despite constant reassurances that she was. As her gaze was lost in a dreamlike state, she smiled at the thought of getting to spend more time with him once they both graduated. The girl had no doubts that they wouldn't be together then. Though maybe she was overthinking. Was she being too optimistic about it? She had plenty of flaws, all of which Eddie was aware of. To Katya, he was perfect, and deserved much more than her.

As her watch ticked upon her wrist, she realized it was almost eight-thirty. Smiling to herself, she shook her hair out of its ponytail and waited quietly for him to show, if he got her note. Her slender fingers idly played with one another as they rested on her knees. The warm, late April air was comfortable, so she shrugged off her sweatshirt and laid it out on a larger rock, not wanting to get it dirty. Goosebumps rose on her arms each time a slow breeze passed by, but eventually she grew used to it, and the warmth of the fire cured the chill. Her emerald green gaze drifted towards the now-visible stars as she waited.

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Eddie walked slowly across the Hogwarts grounds, hands stuffed into his pockets to keep his fingertips warm, shoulders slumped in the soothing presence of the night. He wasn't perhaps your average Slytherin, and even he didn't entirely understand why he'd been chosen for the House. His Housemates claimed he was more of a Hufflepuff, gentle and caring to his Gryffindor girlfriend, of whom they all picked on and then picked on him when he defended her. But of course, he could bite back at them, so maybe that was why he was a Slytherin.

Or maybe it was because of his parents. Aggaroth was an old name for wizards, passed down through the ages, and as far as Eddie knew, all of his ancestors were Slytherins. His mother and father certainly were, all the way to the core. It was something that he hid even from Katya, that they were cruel to him, demanding he pledge himself to the Dark Lord, that he practice Dark Magic. And when he refused, those same spells were often used upon him. He'd felt the power of Crucio more times then he wished to admit, and he never would admit them. Maybe not even to Katya, of whom he adored.

His relationship with her was the best thing in his life. He didn't know what, or where, he'd be without her light in his life. They weren't meant to be together, said both of their Houses, said Eddie's parents when they'd heard, but Eddie didn't care. As long as Katya was happy, and safe, he didn't care. She was what he lived for, and so he was more than excited when he'd gotten a note from her earlier, asking him to meet at eight-thirty. It was just what he needed to brighten his day, and he hoped that she was having a good day despite his own being... on the worse side. For once, he'd removed his school clothing, but was still dressed in black trousers and a white shirt. After all, he was from a powerful family, he was all too used to dressing smart to change easily.

Spotting her sitting by a fire, he walked faster. She seemed distracted by the stars as he settled beside her, wrapping one arm around her in a hug and pressing a soft kiss to her temple, "Hey! I missed you!" He chirped softly to her, beaming.

sorbet sorbet

Her emerald green gaze broke away from the silver stars, though their light seemed to still reflect in her eyes as she turned to find Eddie trudging down the grounds towards her. A grin split across her features and she chuckled quietly, leaning into his lips as he wrapped an arm around her and settled into the grass. "I missed you too," she murmured, grabbing the hand that lay beside her and holding it with her own. She never felt safer than when he held her close, even with a wand in her hand. "I hope you weren't studying or anything."

Her gaze trailed across his jaw as he listened, the warm colors of the firelight diluting his skin and changing it into a thousand different colors. She shifted closer to him in the grass, her head fitting into the crook of his neck with ease. It was as if they were made to fit together, and she smiled faintly at the thought as she idly played with his fingers in the twilight. It was calming and serene in the quiet, the only sound the chirping of bugs in the distance: the fire kept them away from the two. It reminded her of her small home in the countryside of Ireland, where she lived with her parents and her three brothers, when they were home from their adventures and odd jobs. She missed her sheepdog, Barley, and she'd often find herself sharing stories of the rowdy puppy with Eddie. It always caused a bit of an awkward rift when she began talking about her family, because he never liked to talk about his. But she didn't ever press the matter.

"I just figured we should spend some time together before we get too busy with studying and exams to see each other." A sad frown crossed her features as she thought about not being able to see him, but she didn't want to come off as clingy. Sighing, she looked back towards the now darkening sky, the blue hues mixing with the silver of the stars. "And then it's summer break." She didn't add the fact that they probably wouldn't be seeing one another at all, his family rarely let him loose during the holidays.

"But then we have all of next year, and all of our lives after that," she concluded with a smile, still playing with his hands as the firelight threw shades of orange and yellow across their figures. After all, no one cared what House you were from after Hogwarts. She wouldn't have to constantly remind people that her boyfriend wasn't evil, and that he did truly love her. It broke her heart, really, but she wasn't going to let people tear him down like that. "I'm sorry," she said quickly, "I'm being too sappy and I'm starting to monologue. Let's just make the best of the time we have." Pulling his hand closer to her, she curled her legs towards her chest and wrapped her other arm around him, hugging him close.

Eddie shook his head as she worried over what he'd been doing, and he allowed her to take his hand, curling his fingers around her own briefly in a reassuring squeeze. The look of pure joy on her face when she'd spotted him... That was something that lit up his world more than the fire in front of them could ever do. He simply adored her, and he beamed right back as she settled into his side, "You know there's nothing more important to me than you. Even studying can take a night off." He joked, "Besides, I'm sure there's such a thing as too much studying."

To be fair, Eddie was often a very focused studier. Perhaps it was because he had no friends in his house, and instead spent that time focused on his subjects, or on his girlfriend. She was definitely more important to him than studying however, and he'd much rather spend all of his time at her side. It was quiet out here, peaceful, and he was oh so glad that he had her alone, that they could spend time together without people judging them. Maybe that was why she had wanted to sit out here with him. Less people, more freedom. He closed his eyes for a moment, just taking in their surroundings, her warmth against his side.

He hummed softly after a moment, "Well hopefully we'll still find time, right? And we can always send letters over the summer. I'd much rather see you but..." But his parents really didn't approve of him loving her. She wasn't from a fellow Dark family, like they wanted him to marry into. But he wanted her, not someone who'd be in it for his name and his name only. He wanted it to be his choice.

He nodded after a moment, "Our whole lives... I like the sound of that. You sap." He teased, hugging her in return.

Her eyes sparkled as he spoke, and she sighed blissfully. “That’s awfully sweet of you,” she murmured with a smile. “I really don’t deserve you.” Her eyebrows gently furrowed as he continued speaking, and she chuckled. “You ought to take more breaks, you know. You’re more than really smart, you shouldn’t torture yourself studying.” She squeezed his hand once more before pulling it down to rest on her side.

She breathed softly against his side as she closed her eyes for a few moments, reveling in his touch and in his scent, something she felt was better than air to breathe in. Katya could’ve laid like this forever, in his arms in the light and warmth of the fire, in the cool grasses and right out underneath the bright stars. Sighing softly, she let herself relax into him and to the ground, her hair falling down into the grass as she shifted on her side.

In all honesty, she didn’t want him to have to leave. Despite her constant thoughts that he deserved someone better than her soft and smart self, she never wanted him to leave. So instead, she focused on trying to better herself in small ways. And she always tried, but sometimes it was difficult. Katya just wanted him to adore her the way she did him— but he already did. She just didn’t believe someone like him could love her like that.

She nodded as he spoke, her hair swishing in the soft grasses. “Of course,” she vowed, keeping her voice level. “I just wish you’d mail yourself with your letters.” She sniffled quietly, rubbing a hand across her nose. Katya loved being home with her family for the holidays, but nothing could ever match the company her boyfriend, her best friend, gave her whenever he was even in the same room as her. Clearing her throat, she tried to keep her voice from breaking. “We’ll get through it.”

When he held her close, she couldn’t help but let a tear escape from her eye, rolling down her rosy cheeks and dropping in the grass silently. She wasn’t sad anymore though, and she laughed quietly through the watery film covering her emerald eyes. “I like the sound of it too,” she said shakily. “And I’m not a sap,” she chuckled. “I’m just head over heels in love with you all the time.” Her hands dropped to trace abstract patterns on the soft skin of his arms, resting her head on his chest. Her silky fingers traced over small scars here and there, but she didn’t ask about them.

Last edited:
Eddie huffed in amusement at her, "You don't deserve me? I think it's the other way around, Katya. You're perfect." He returned softly, ignoring her words about him taking more breaks. He'd love to take more breaks with her, and he did so as often as he could, but to take a break when she wasn't around meant he'd have to find something else to do, and he certainly wouldn't be talking to anyone else. After all, she was his only friend.

He held her close, leaning his head against the top of hers where it was pressed against his neck. They didn't really need to talk at all, just being beside each other was more than enough for Eddie. It was peaceful, and calm, and he felt the shift as she relaxed into his side, giving a soft smile at the movement.

He knew she tried to change herself for him. But he didn't need her to. He loved her just how she was, and he kept trying to tell her that, to tell her that he didn't need anyone except her. He too tried to be better for her. After all, he hid the darkness in his life from her, so she wouldn't worry for him or get tangled in his mess. He tried to correct all that was bad about himself, so he could be perfect for her too.

He snorted in a rather undignified manner, caught off guard as she spoke of him mailing himself with his letters, amused, "And poor old Astaroth would have to carry me, and somehow I don't think she'd like that." Astaroth was his family bird, a pretty owl. She was big, but certainly not big enough to lift Eddie, as light as he was. He smiled, kissing her on the head again, "Soon we won't have to rely on letters though. Once we leave here, we'll get our own house, and we can see each other all the time." He promised.

He shivered as she traced her fingers over his arms, over the scars that laid there, and he reached to gently wipe away the tear that fell down her cheek with the pad of his thumb, giving her a soft smile, "No need to cry. I'll always be here. You're stuck with me." He joked, "You are a sap." He added, grinning teasingly.

“Oh, stop it,” she said quietly, shaking her head against his side with a chuckle. “I still stand by my point.”

Her head found his chest again, and she settled back onto it after she had glanced up at him when he spoke. The way he treated her, and how- just perfect- he was; she couldn’t ask for anything more. He would always be her first wish, and her best friend beyond anyone or anything. She sighed blissfully, her forehead pressed against his white shirt. Katya could sit here for days on end and not complain once. Her green eyes found the stars as it got quiet, and she reached for his hand in the darkness of the dying fire.

Her head jumped off of his chest when he snorted with laughter, but she laughed quietly, settling back where she laid. “Astaroth is a good owl,” she agreed with a murmur. “But I think if she was just a bit bigger, you could make it here.” Her face spread into a warm smile as she felt her lips press onto her head, and she sighed at his promise.

“It’s gonna take a while,” she started. “But if that’s what you want, to share a house- a home, with me, then that’s what we’ll do. And we can see each other twenty four seven, and you can get tired of me pining for your attention twenty four seven.” She chuckled towards the end, turning her head so she looked up to the stars, and her body lay perpendicular to his in the grass.

She just about melted when he moved to wipe her tear tracks away, and nodded gently at his words. “I’m more than delighted to get stuck with someone so good-looking as yourself.” A slender hand reached up to poke his cheek, and she smiled, revealing tiny dimples along her cheeks. “Call me a sap one more time, I dare you.” She laughed quietly before looking back up towards the sky, where the moon was almost directly above the two.

They hadn’t been out there for long, had they? Sure, they sat in silence for a bit a few times, but it couldn’t have been almost midnight. “What time is it?” she asked dreamily, her gaze searching the stars as if they held the answer.

Eddie smiled as she agreed that they should share a house in the future, able to see each other all the time, and he peered down at her as she looked up at the stars, admiring her without trying to hide it. She was so beautiful, lit only by the warmth of the fire and the moonlight above them, his own green eyes admiring the light in her own. He was so, so lucky to have her, and he didn't ever want to lose her.

He huffed his amusement at her, shaking his head, "I'm not good-looking. Certainly not as good-looking as you." He returned, beaming at her, "You know, I never did understand how I'm so lucky to have your affection." He hummed, tilting his head as he watched her. She could do so much better than him, she could have anyone she wanted as her boyfriend, perhaps bar any of the other Slytherins who had a strong prejudice against Gryffindors.

"You are a sap." He returned, grinning toothily at her as she dared him not to call her it again, "But I like it, so it's fine." He teased, brushing his fingers lightly through her hair, holding her close to his body. It was dark, and cold, but he was warmed by her and the fire, so he was more than content.

"I don't know what time it is. Late I guess. Probably past curfew." He returned, shrugging.

Katya wished she could've stayed in that moment forever, safe in her gentle boyfriend's arms beneath the stars, not a care in the world to dampen her mood or disrupt her mind. "Let's just make the most of it," she said simply, leaving the rest of his words unanswered.

This dismal feeling intensified especially as exam season rolled around. Their relationship was strained ever so slightly, and Katya felt the change, though she worked hard to reverse and prevent it. She'd tried to spend every free moment with him, as if trying to compile a stock full of memories she could look back on longingly over the long summer break while she was home. Hoping silently he didn't peg her as clingy, she finally relented and stopped being so much of a burden to Eddie.

As the date of her actual exams grew closer, Katya grew more nervous, often finding herself biting her nails or rambling on about some random topic anxiously. She'd never really considered herself to be as smart as she was, and that's why she spent weeks upon weeks cramming for her various subjects. Especially this year: they mattered. Every day of this year, even before exams, was full of catching up on homework and assignments that professors seemed to be piling on, without any remorse. All of the sixth-years rarely frolicked during their free periods, and were found scattered in small study-corners across the grounds.

So once Katya had finally been released from her Potions exams, after all of the others that had taken place that week, the first thing she did was search the grounds for Eddie. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes shimmered anxiously, like tears threatened to spill. Those exams had been hell for her, and she knew there was no rational way she was passing into next year. She couldn't be the disappointment that had to repeat her sixth year. Her breathing didn't help calm her down as she walked rapidly, especially after searching through the Great Hall and most towers of the castle multiple times. Finally giving up in finding him, she decided to push past the large oak doors and head outside, down beside the pond where they had been, but it felt like lifetimes ago.

The spot was empty as she approached, the gentle, mid-afternoon sunlight turning the grasses yellow and everything seemed to shine or glimmer in the bright light. It was even warm enough to warrant a removal of her robes, which she tossed aside on a rock that had held her sweatshirt so long ago. She could almost see the dark twilight sky and the tall, gentle figure of her boyfriend settled in the grass. Remembering the fact that he was to be gone all summer seemed to dampen her mood even more as she settled opposite the firepit in the grass. She hoped that he found her here, instead of him just wandering aimlessly for a while. Her knees were tucked to her chest as she leaned her forehead upon them, her eyes finally letting tears fall and the warmth of the sun envelop her.

Eddie wished that that night could of gone on forever, and in future months he’d wish that things between them were still so calm and peaceful. But the night was over all too quickly, and the weeks following were nothing short of hell, leaving Eddie on edge with anxiety and fear. Meeting with his girlfriend was like a balm on his worries, calming them however briefly as he focused on her, but even those short reprieves were quickly replaced by stress as soon as he left her side.

As smart as both of them were, they both crammed in as much studying as possible, having near to no time between that and homework to just relax, let alone to see each other. Eddie wasn’t even really sleeping, and maybe that was just making things worse. But he couldn’t fail these exams. If he did, he’d have to retake the year again, and his parents would not be forgiving. He shivered at the mere thought of the punishment he’d receive, and wondered absently how bad the scars would be this time. He already had enough. There was a reason he’d never even taken his shirt off during the hot weather.

Today though, he headed straight outside after his Potions Exam. He wasn’t at all aware that his girlfriend was looking for him, he just desperately needed to be away from the hoards of students, outside in the fresh air where he might get some peace. Sitting by the fire pit, somewhere he associated with peace and calm, did help, but he longed to have Katya by his side. But she was probably busy, and he didn’t wish to disturb her with his stupid worries.

So, when she came to sit by him, head on her knees and tears in her eyes, he startled. He blinked at her, and moved hesitantly closer, not wanting to startle her. He placed a gentle hand on her back, not wishing to crowd her, “Hey. It’s okay. Everything will be fine.” He tried to soothe, despite the shake of his own hands.

She'd gasped, not even having noticed him as she settled in the grass. Recognizing his voice and touch, she turned her body into his, her hands pulled close to her chest.

"T-There's no way," she sniffled, her face buried in his shoulder. "They'll make me repeat sixth year, Eddie, I-I can't do that! My parents will kill me." She sobbed quietly into his shoulder, her green eyes closed but still dispelling water at an even rate. "I don't k-know how I could've messed something up so badly." Her shoulders trembled gently before she pulled away, murmuring apologies for staining his shirt and being a bother all around.

"The transfiguration proctor had me do the b-bird summoning spell, and I only managed to make three, and he didn't look very thrilled, and-" she cut herself off with a hiccup. "That's one of the most impossible spells, I don't know why he had us doing them. Eddie, this was an absolute mess." She ran her slender hands through her short hair, shaking it out and falling back into the grass with a muted thud. The grass seemed to absorb her, its long green blades poking across her skin and through her hair as she wiped her tears from her eyes, her breath shaking.

"And don't even get me started on Potions, I can't believe how off my veritaserum looked. I'm not getting full marks there at all. And Charms? Jesus above, a train wreck. I'll be stuck behind all of you moving on next year while I'm still in the sixth-year dorms, taking these stupid classes over again." She sighed heavily, wiping the last of her tears from her rosy face.

"I'm sorry for being so obnoxious," she said quietly, still laying in the grass. "Were your exams o-okay?"

Eddie frowned as she rattled off every reason she had to think she’d failed. He hated hearing her worry when she had no reason to, for he had faith in her and he only wished she could believe in herself with the same amount that he did. He stayed sat as she fell back into the grass, watching carefully. He didn’t know if touching her was a good idea when she was so upset. He himself often flinched if he was touched when he was in a bad mood.

He ignored her question about his exams, instead focused on her. His own had been stressful, and he knew he wouldn’t get top marks for things either, but he wouldn’t complain when she was clearly so upset about her own. Her own, which he knew she didn’t need to worry about.

“Stop worrying. That bird charm is impossible, I only got two birds out anyway. And it’s useless, so it shouldn’t even count.” He soothed, “Veritaserum is just as horrible to make perfectly, and as long as it worked then you passed. Doesn’t have to look pretty. You’re the smartest witch in our year, you don’t need to worry. And you certainly don’t have to worry about your parents killing you. They sound nice.” His voice, strangely, shook a little when he mentioned her parents not killing her. Because he was afraid that if his went wrong, his parents certainly would kill him.

“I wish you could see how well you’ve done, how smart and perfect you are. Everything will be fine, I know it.”

She frowned too, but even his gentle reassurances couldn't calm her frayed nerves and the frantic beating of her heart like it normally could.

"How do you know?" she shot back, her eyes still shining. "I-I don't get how you can be so calm. You can't tell the future, Eddie, I'm sorry." She shivered in the grass, despite the ever-present warmth of the sun and her boyfriend. She pushed herself up to her feet, her skirt covered in loose pieces of grass and dirt. She wiped them off with a gentle hand, though her jaw was clenched tightly.

"It's fucked," she said, her voice echoing off the still water and rocks, growing loud. "Absolutely fucked. How is it fair to test us like that? One at a time, in front of everyone? " Her boot came into contact with a small rock, and it catapulted into the pond nearby, breaking the glassy surface into waves, much like her serene, soft demeanor as she rose into a weak shoutl

"And now you can't even leave the house during the summer? Our relationship is always like walking on eggshells over the summer-- I wish you'd just run away with me sometimes." The thought of the two parading around her property brought tears to her eyes, entwining in with the anxiety and anger she felt towards these exams.

"This is beyond fucked," she shouted, pressing her head into her hand. "I'm gonna fail this year, and-and I won't be able to see you next year, or graduate with you, or meet your parents, and my whole future will be ruined! No one wants to hire a failure who got held back in her sixth year! No one does. What do I do?" Her voice lowered from an angry shout to a sob as the anger dissipated into fear for the unknown, and a terrible sadness, and she toppled onto the ground, sitting like a young child with her legs crossed. "I can't think about it anymore."

Eddie flinched when his partners voice started to rise, green eyes widening in terror as he scrambled up to his feet at the same moment she stood. He stayed frozen, twitching at the rock that she kicked, at every spat word that came from her mouth. It was the mention of their relationship being like ‘walking on eggshells’ that truely did it. Combined with her yelling, and his fear, he stood frozen for but a second before his body straightened with anger, green eyes narrowing with a new hatred. Because Eddie couldn’t take that she thought their relationship would break. That she was angry, and he thought she was angry at him.

He lost control. Literally. It was almost like an out of body experience, like he was dreaming, able to see, and hear, and feel, but not able to do anything about his actions. It scared him, even as he felt the tight anger in his chest. What was happening?

His alter, however, was angry. Angry at her for everything she’d said. He was, after all, there to protect Eddie, shield him from the things he wouldn’t shield himself from. And the alter had no issues with destroying any threat. He snarled, standing over her, face twisted into sheer venom, so unlike Eddie himself.

“You won’t ever want to meet my parents. You think failing exams is the worst that could happen to you!? Your parents would never kill you for it, they’d tuck you in and cuddle you like the poor little baby you are.” He spat, cooing sarcastically, “Poor little Katya, couldn’t make enough pretty birdies. Boo hoo. Where’s that Gryffindor bravery? You don’t have it, do you? You’re a fake.” Every word was poison from his lips, twisted into a snarl, the alter wanting her to fight back, even as Eddie screamed inside his own mind for himself to shut up.

The venom that poured from his words stunned her entirely, and her emerald eyes widened as she looked up.

"What?" she said, her cheeks reddening slowly. "Eddie, stop, seriously." Her sobbing had ceased, but it threatened to return as he continued speaking, her lips curling into something borderline inhuman. No one had ever tried snapping at Katya to her face, and Eddie was always there to protect her from someone's harsh words on the rare occasion they came about. What was she supposed to do when her protector became the person he was supposed to protect her from?

She felt tears threaten to spill, and a few did as she met his gaze head-on, her hands trembling as she stood to her feet, her hands against his shoulders to create distance between them. "I-I'm not a fake," she replied, her lip trembling softly beneath her front teeth. "And I'm not a baby. Stop being like-like this. I don't even know who you are anymore!" She stepped backwards, back towards the safety of the castle. "Why are you doing this?"

Katya had never been shouted at, much less by the person she trusted more than anyone in her life. He'd snapped, and she had no idea what to do. Eddie was the person she'd always run to with the smallest of issues, and now she was on the verge of running away from, the emerald brightness in her eyes taken over by some confused and fearful glint. "Just please don't hurt me. I'll stop whining, I promise," she whispered, pulling her arms close to her chest.

The alter knocked her hands from his shoulders with an uncaring, violent push, snarling at her. He even reached for his wand, pointing it at her, the most violent Eddie had ever been toward anyone. He’d never even raised his voice at her though, and Eddie knew this was scaring her. That he was scaring her. But also that he didn’t know how to stop himself. His chest heaved, with Eddie’s panic and the alters anger, and Eddie just wished it would stop.

“You know exactly who I am Katya! Or maybe you don’t, because you’ve never bothered to care.” He spat, “You are fake. You only use me because no one else likes you and your selfish ways.” Every word hurt Eddie, but the alter wouldn’t stop, not even when he saw her edging back for the castle, “You don’t think that other people are worried too? That other people have much more to fear than you do from failing? If I fail, my parents won’t hesitate to murder me, probably after torture.” He grinned in a rather sadistic manner, “But you don’t care. Because you never have.” He claimed.

However, at seeing Katya backing away in fear of him, Eddie pushed, taking over once more. He shook as the anger dissipated in him, the miserable slump returning to his shoulders. He reached for her, not thinking, “O-Oh magic! Katya I....” he couldn’t explain. How could he, when he didn’t know what had happened, “I didn’t....l

Being much shorter than he was, his push sent her back a good distance, but she managed to stay on her feet as she watched him closely. His first few words were enough to send her blood boiling, and her eyes shimmered with tears that always accompanied her rage. Her glare held steady as he thrust his wand towards her chest, as if daring him to try.

"I always cared for Eddie," she spat back, her eyes narrowing. "But whatever- whoever- this is, I don't care for them. Don't you dare assume I didn't love--" She wasn't sure what to say. Who was she even speaking to anymore? Eddie, or some, knock-off, angry version of him? Whoever it was, she was finished it with. As he continued his monologue, she tried to step backwards every now and then, closer to the castle was closer to someone to see whatever the bloody hell was happening. Even Katya didn't know.

Had Eddie really thought those things about her? Better yet, who else thought those things about her, about them? His twisted, sickening grin left a feeling of nausea swirling through her torso, and she clutched at it like she felt she was going to be sick. She'd turned away from him, no matter how much she didn't trust whoever she was speaking with. But a moment later, she felt his touch, the one she had felt for countless hours, the skin she had lazily traced as she lie in his arms.

But the only reason she turned around was the way he said her name; like he meant it, like he knew who she was, truly deep down there.

Her eyes shined in the mid-day sun, the green warping and waving behind the film of water. "Please don't touch me," she said quietly, holding up an arm without thinking. "I always knew that, uh, I wasn't good enough for you. That you deserved more than this. And I'm, uhm, sorry for not doing this sooner."

She rubbed her hands over her face, and they came away wet. "I guess I should've listened to everyone when they said it wouldn't work." A quiet sob escaped her lips before she shook her head, grabbing her robe. "We're done."

Eddie flinched his hand away as she asked him not to touch her, well aware that whatever had just happened had hurt her. But he wanted to apologise, to make things better. He couldn’t lose her, she was the only good in his life, and he needed to explain. Needed to tell her what had happened. But... even he couldn’t explain what had happened, why he hadn’t had control of himself at all. Or, in fact, what the little voice was in his head now, urging him to scream at her, to put her in her place.

He stumbled over non-existent words, fumbling as he tried to assure her that she was always too good for him, never the other way around. But he was so shaky, so confused and panicked, that he couldn’t get any of the words out. Maybe he’d been cursed? No... He’d have known if someone cursed him. So what had it been? What had set that off?

He froze as she told him her decision. They were done. She didn’t want him anymore and... really he could understand why. But still he flinched. Maybe if he’d managed to get an explaination out, she’d have understood. But no, he was too weak against whatever had happened, couldn’t even get his words straight. Instead, he nodded, shakily, and bolted. He didn’t know what else to do. He didn’t even head for the castle, just aiming away from her. He couldn’t hurt her again, and since he didn’t know what had set that off, he couldn’t let himself stay and try and convince her otherwise. Not when he couldn’t get his words out anyway.

He stopped by a tree, out of breath and tears trailing down his cheeks. He folded there, sitting on the floor with his head on his knees, sobbing. The voice had gone quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back