Terrestrial Beastmen

I was wondering about something.  In PG, in the God-Blooded section, it says that any Exalt with an Essence of 5+ can spawn a beastman if they have sex with a animal.  Since Beastmen are technically Half-Caste and Terrestrial Half-Caste automatically have the Terrestrial Bloodline advantage (its a logical conclusion), wouldn't that mean that any Terrestrial Beastmen line have a hell of a lot of Terrestrial Exalted coming out?  Mathmatically, they would produce at least 20% DBs.

My question is, why haven't Terrestrial Beastmen taken over the Threshold?

well, not many DB with that much essence really, and those with such essence would look apon having sex with a animal as disguesting and benieith them, and finally, beatmen mating needs to be near a wyld zone dosent it? how many DB's are gonna risk their own hides to get their rocks off with a puppy near a wyld zone were fae who would love to kill em sit, not to menchion the pissed as hell lunars and beastmen whos normal thought is kill DB's on sight.

No Wyld zone is required and most DBs have Essence 5 by the time they are 200 (that's canonical in the DB book, in the Storyteller section).  As for screwing animals, House Cynis does it all of the time and I'm sure that the DBs of the Shogunate were just as corrupt.

My question is' date=' why haven't Terrestrial Beastmen taken over the Threshold?[/quote']
Maybe because most DBs aren't into fucking animals?

-S

I thought DBs fucked everything that moves, everything that don't move, and some things that don't even exist?

(That's stolen from someone else but I can't remember who.)

Given that not all Beastmen are the products of Mortals or Exalts, but sometimes Gods doing the hoo doo dance, and given that Beastmen--or Beastwomen--could be good friends to a wandering Outcaste, and that people can do some odd things, I don't think that the idea of Beastmen expressing out a Dragon Blood is all that odd.  

Not real common--and probably introduced into the bloodline not from straight up screwing sheep and dogs in the Wyld Zones, but more likely the result of screwing Beastmen and Beastwomen, possibly a few times in a particular bloodline every generation or so, if there are Dynasts close.

"That Cynis boy has a taste for the locals.  Snake girls get him all tetched up, know what I mean?

But 20%?  That seems awfully high.  And those DB's don't have the training, or the advantages that Dynasts have--even if their DB parent was to acknowledge them, they still couldn't be ensconced in the life of privilege that DB's usually are--though, perhaps this could be waived if the family were really in the sticks, and didn't really care what the locals thought--but that is a scenario that would be so rare as to prove the rule.  

And the fun of course, would be if the lady of the House, were to bear a furry bundle of joy that would prove that she had a taste for the shaggy locals.  That in itself is a plot line waiting to happen.  How do you get the fuzzy bundle out of the House--hide it, substitute another baby for the Beastie, quiet the folks whose child was bought, smuggle the baby to the local tribes?

:lol:

JK, got to say, you have a sick sense of humor.

The twenty percent comes from if two Terrestrial Beastmen breed together.  They are Half-Caste, even if it is in a backwards way, so they do count as patrician blood and the rule is that when two patricians breed they have a two-in-ten chance of having a DB.  If said Terrestrial Beastman bred with a normal human, it would be one-in-ten and if they bred with a DB, about one-in-four, though it could vary with the breeding of the DB.

As for non-Terrestrial Beastmen spawning DBs, it can't happen.  Beastmen are Half-Caste and that means they can only Exalt into their 'breed' type.  The reason there are Solar Beastmen are because their were Solars who spawned entire Beastmen lines, some snakemen being a good example of this.  They would still carry Terrestrial Bloodline Merit and any non-Beastmen children could Exalt as DBs, but no non-Terrestrial Beastman can become a DB.  Its just one of the costs of being a lesser demigod.

I think you're still overestimating the numbers of Half Caste Beastmen.  By a goodly number.  An injection of DB blood into a line could happen from time to time, but I don't think that there are quite that many DB Half Castes Beastmen to start off with.

Because the question is still: what are these high Essence DB's doing shagging the locals, instead of pretty Mortals who can bring their Houses fine children, fame, fortune, and lots of cash?  During their wild oats years, they might have a fling or two with the forbidden fruit, if they're Cynis and dig gals with horns and sharp teeth.  Not so many opportunities for powerful DB's who have responsibilities and duties. And enemies who will nail them to a wall if they're caught snogging Deer girls or Bull boys.

You answered your own question though.  A lot of Beastfolk are the by-blows of Lunars and Gods.  That God blood is going to be reinforced a lot more by breeding back and forth, than a tiny injection from DB's every now and then.  Your projections are based on the idea of whole tribe of Beastmen who had DB parents--and I don't think that's real likely.

I'm not saying that it would be impossible, but I would think of it as a rare occurrance.

I think the number would be significantly less than 20%, because I'd imagine the Wyld Hunt would take a dim view of this, and probably kill any and all Dragon-Blooded beastmen they could find.

-S

Not to mention the pressure that the Immaculates would put on the family of a fella who liked his Cowgirls...

I would think it's very possible for terresterial beastmen to occur.

Especially if they have the breed true merit.

The source?

DB + beastman... for whatever reason.

DB + Lunar... for whatever reason.

High Ess Outcaste DB + animal (which may or may not be godblooded!).

DB + god/spirit/demon who has animalistic traits showing up in the kids.

As for why they haven't taken over the threshold, that can be attributed to many reason. But here is the primary one, unless there is an actual breeding program, you'll only have a few DB beastmen from any pairing / coupling, and as such, there just isn't enough source material to sustain the beastmen DB bloodline.

Sure, they're not rare, but they wouldn't be that common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back