• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy π“𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐀 - 𝐨𝐨𝐜

Main
Here

_em_

hufflepuff
T E R R A
- OOC -

Thank you all so much for your interest! I'm creating the lore page and would like to hold off on opening character applications until then.
In the meantime, this page is for discussing characters ideas, general ooc mayhem, and asking any and all questions.

Once the final cast/group has been accepted, ooc will move to Discord.

the follwing is a link to a page that will show you different species/races of characters: DnD Beyond

Last edited:
Hey there! I'm super excited to see the OOC thread up and running! Since we're all sharing ideas, I'd like to jump in. I've got two ideas for a witch character I might play, depending on how serious this RP turns out to be.

First up is the "Trash Witch." Her life motto is "one man's trash is another man's treasure." She loves recycling found objects into useful, often magical, tools and maybe has a raccoon as a familiar.

My second idea is an old woman who hides every inch of her body and wears hand-carved wooden masks. She's super reclusive, a bit eccentric, and uses natural forms of magic. There are rumors that she's dabbled in human experimentation in the past, but I won't reveal too much more about that.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else is thinking too!

General idea for 'The Fighter' is that the cult they're from is a cult of, essentially, martial-arts monks with an ideology of "being really good at murder is enlightenment". Accordingly, the Fighter was raised from birth to be hilariously good at killing anything at moves, only to one day want to go out into the world because he found being good at murder to be tedious and boring and there's gotta be something more to life. The cult disagreed with his decision. A lot of killing ensued, and so he got out, and ended up joining up with the party.

Hi there!! My general idea for the Jester is the vibe of the class clown, or that one funny friend in the group who can absolutely not take anything seriously and makes terrible puns 24/7 which I want to say is a coping system for past events that led to their current state. A bit of an airhead at times, but always supportive and willing to listen when needed. Can also be a sarcastic and snarky little shit at times too, depending on their mood. Ran away from home due to their past which is mostly family based trauma. The epitome of this post probably, due to lack of better word forming at the moment bc uni has drained my ability to do so:

askdjkjsadnvkjn..jpg

With the leader, I'd like him to have a few quirks that make his one-handed swordplay easily recognizable, such as certain motions he performs with his off-hand while swinging. Between that and a "side-effect" of his grief over being driven away from the prince, he has abandoned the sword. He instead favors unarmed strikes and a small measure of magic nowadays.

He has told a few small lies to hide his identity and past. I'd like the rest of the party to find out later in the RP; it could easily go in tandem with the inevitable discovery that the runaway is, well... the runaway. For example, their pasts are revealed at a low point of the story, and all the secret keeping violates the other members' trust, forcing him to either work hard to mend the trust he had originally built under an alias, or leave. For obvious reasons, you know he'll do the former.

He is still very much in love with the heir to his nation's throne (again, a prince). One of his personal arcs could involve a hard decision to let go because the prince isn't quite the person the leader perceived and adored. This acceptance could also segway into a romantic subplot between the leader and another party member.

Hey there! I'm super excited to see the OOC thread up and running! Since we're all sharing ideas, I'd like to jump in. I've got two ideas for a witch character I might play, depending on how serious this RP turns out to be.

First up is the "Trash Witch." Her life motto is "one man's trash is another man's treasure." She loves recycling found objects into useful, often magical, tools and maybe has a raccoon as a familiar.

My second idea is an old woman who hides every inch of her body and wears hand-carved wooden masks. She's super reclusive, a bit eccentric, and uses natural forms of magic. There are rumors that she's dabbled in human experimentation in the past, but I won't reveal too much more about that.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone else is thinking too!
oooo very intriguing! i’m personally leaning more towards ms trash witch, but old lady witch would fit in as well. really, whichever speaks to you more is what you should apply with! c:

General idea for 'The Fighter' is that the cult they're from is a cult of, essentially, martial-arts monks with an ideology of "being really good at murder is enlightenment". Accordingly, the Fighter was raised from birth to be hilariously good at killing anything at moves, only to one day want to go out into the world because he found being good at murder to be tedious and boring and there's gotta be something more to life. The cult disagreed with his decision. A lot of killing ensued, and so he got out, and ended up joining up with the party.
THIS IS SUCH A CREATIVE IDEA!!! i was imagining the figther using weapons but never once thought that they could be trained in hand to hand combat. love it!!

Hi there!! My general idea for the Jester is the vibe of the class clown, or that one funny friend in the group who can absolutely not take anything seriously and makes terrible puns 24/7 which I want to say is a coping system for past events that led to their current state. A bit of an airhead at times, but always supportive and willing to listen when needed. Can also be a sarcastic and snarky little shit at times too, depending on their mood. Ran away from home due to their past which is mostly family based trauma. The epitome of this post probably, due to lack of better word forming at the moment bc uni has drained my ability to do so:

View attachment 1079029
hey! i’m glad that this is the direction you decided to take after our dm convo! it’s always good to have some comedy relief ;u;

With the leader, I'd like him to have a few quirks that make his one-handed swordplay easily recognizable, such as certain motions he performs with his off-hand while swinging. Between that and a "side-effect" of his grief over being driven away from the prince, he has abandoned the sword. He instead favors unarmed strikes and a small measure of magic nowadays.

He has told a few small lies to hide his identity and past. I'd like the rest of the party to find out later in the RP; it could easily go in tandem with the inevitable discovery that the runaway is, well... the runaway. For example, their pasts are revealed at a low point of the story, and all the secret keeping violates the other members' trust, forcing him to either work hard to mend the trust he had originally built under an alias, or leave. For obvious reasons, you know he'll do the former.

He is still very much in love with the heir to his nation's throne (again, a prince). One of his personal arcs could involve a hard decision to let go because the prince isn't quite the person the leader perceived and adored. This acceptance could also segway into a romantic subplot between the leader and another party member.
when i tell yOU I AM ALREADY IN LOVE- ITβ€˜S NOT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BUT I MEAN I AM LOOKING VERY DISRESPECTFULLY πŸ‘€ and the way you made the romance with the prince gay….le swoon ;u;

tfw you go through the trouble of pulling up a dnd name generator just to decide you’re going to go with the name philip

THIS IS SUCH A CREATIVE IDEA!!! i was imagining the figther using weapons but never once thought that they could be trained in hand to hand combat. love it!!
I imagine that he usually uses weapons simply because it's more convenient to clean blood off of a blade rather than your clothes; but when shit goes south he drops the weapons and just starts fighting with his hands and feet in a really brutal combat style.

I imagine that he usually uses weapons simply because it's more convenient to clean blood off of a blade rather than your clothes; but when shit goes south he drops the weapons and just starts fighting with his hands and feet in a really brutal combat style.
ah, that does make sense. nice detail!

My witch will be the firstborn son from a long line of a matrilineal lineage. He's seen as an omen to these women and is immediately ostracized and looked down upon. So, one day, he raids the library and sacred repository and just runs away. Little does he know that there is a hierarchy and he is the next chosen of his people to inherit a dangerous power--whether he likes it or not.

hello owo please tell me all about your ideas ;u;
Trauma witch who’s very hesitant of using her magic in front of people (it comes out anyways, usually at that worst possible times) her inner monologue is really just her going like β€œI’m normal I’m normal I’m normal”. She’s very sweet when she’s not being delusional though. I’ll definitely tweak the idea a lot, it’ll be more refined as I write her out.
I think she’s terrified of losing the people she cares about again because of how she uses her magic and gets very anxious when she has to.

Trauma witch who’s very hesitant of using her magic in front of people (it comes out anyways, usually at that worst possible times) her inner monologue is really just her going like β€œI’m normal I’m normal I’m normal”. She’s very sweet when she’s not being delusional though. I’ll definitely tweak the idea a lot, it’ll be more refined as I write her out.
I think she’s terrified of losing the people she cares about again because of how she uses her magic and gets very anxious when she has to.
owo a baby! so excited to read about her c:

My witch will be the firstborn son from a long line of a matrilineal lineage. He's seen as an omen to these women and is immediately ostracized and looked down upon. So, one day, he raids the library and sacred repository and just runs away. Little does he know that there is a hierarchy and he is the next chosen of his people to inherit a dangerous power--whether he likes it or not.
what a fun twist! love this idea!!

owo a baby! so excited to read about her c:
Thank you! I’m excited to write about her. I loved the trope of the wizard/witch who’s awful at being a witch. Not cause they lack the magic, but become they’ve got so much of it and is awful at controlling it. The rare times she purposefully tries to cast a spell or something, it goes wrong and wacky shenanigans ensue.
No one knows how she hasn’t accidentally exploded herself, or turned herself into a frog.

Thank you! I’m excited to write about her. I loved the trope of the wizard/witch who’s awful at being a witch. Not cause they lack the magic, but become they’ve got so much of it and is awful at controlling it. The rare times she purposefully tries to cast a spell or something, it goes wrong and wacky shenanigans ensue.
No one knows how she hasn’t accidentally exploded herself, or turned herself into a frog.
I want her to be genuinely the most unintimidating person in the entire world, just so ppl can be like β€œhow was someone so afraid of this chick who resembles a scared raccoon enough to burn down her house and family.”
(And then sprinkle in some moments where she does something deeply unsettling)

For my ranger-esque hunter I was considering going with, the basic idea is that she uses pack tactics and careful planning to execute what needs to be done. Nominally she'd have two pets dogs that act as her hunting hounds. Her weapons of choice would be one of two bows, one of two spears, and one of two javelins.

Since the fighter specializes in unarmed combat, she'd probably serve as the secondary fighter in the group, complementing the other when needed. Otherwise her whole aesthetic would be trap-making, pathfinding, tracking, and the like. I'm planning to write her as fairly eccentric, sort of head in the clouds and tending to talk to animals as if she could understand them.

Oh and of course she sleeps in a pile with her dogs

Hey everyone, I had an idea I wanted to share about our upcoming journey. While I know we'll all be traveling together, I think it could be fun if some of our characters had the chance to meet and form smaller groups before we all came together to form the larger party.

This could happen in our backstories, and I believe it would add an interesting dynamic to our adventure. I just wanted to put this idea out there and hear your thoughts on it. What do you guys think?

hey guys! i work at a horse barn and was there all day today (i pretty much live there on weekends...and during the week...okay i'm pretty much there all the time ), so i'm not planning on getting back to messages tonight, but i do see them! happy easter to those who celebrate c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back