• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom {!Team Two Star!} DBZA onexone!

AwkwardSilence

Unofficial Member of the Ginyu Force
0fc.gif

My life in one gif

{this is a onexone between me (awkwardsilence) and onmyoji, thanks for stopping by!}

dbz___julia_scarmap_character_ref_by_nightfirexd-dc5bxv4.png

.: Name :.
Julia Taisho​
.: Age :.
19​
.: Gender :.
Female​
.: Personality :.
Kind and generous, Julia was always seen as "strange" by other members of the Caterangi. Not only of the "poorer" class, but also born and abandoned on the streets, Julia has always grown up in an environment where she's had to care for herself. Because of all the taunting jeers and rude bullying on her home planet, Julia is actually rather insecure about herself and her abilities, which is why she likes to hide behind a fog of arrogance and pride when it comes to her abilities as a fighter. Julia takes a fairly normal time to trust trust others, but fiercely loyal once she gets to know someone well enough. She's always picking fights to test her strength, but there's an air of light-heartedness about her challenges. Strong in her own right, her people feared her enough to blame her for an incident that wasn't her fault, and that is why she was banished from Planet Caterango.​
.: Likes :. Climbing trees, spooking people, a good fight, competition, hanging out with friends, jokes, a challenge, drinking contests (because Earthen Alcohol, for whatever reason, doesn't affect her)​
.: Dislikes :. anyone who goes against them, anyone who harms her friends, sour things, bullying of any kind (she's particularly sensitive to this because of her lonely and ostracized upbringing, so she has zero tolerance)​
.: A Little Bit Of Background :.
So... without getting into spoilers (because they might come into play, and I love surprises! :>), Julia was accused of a crime she didn't commit because she was an easy scapegoat--an orphan from the lowest class of Caterangians who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Banished to Earth for her crimes, Julia has a scar on the back of her neck in the Caterangian symbol for "catalyst", which basically means if she shows up on Caterango again, she will be sentenced to death.​
All she did once she got to Earth was cry, and luckily enough Gohan heard her and was able to bring her back to his home, where despite her misgivings at raising another child, Chichi agreed that they couldn't leave her in the forest to die. Especially not with the androids laying waste to the Earth. Taking her in, Chichi gave up on trying to get her children to study considering the need to fight grew as the Androids picked off the Earth's Strongest one by one until there was no one left but Gohan. She trained with him and Trunks, and when Julia wasn't at home with her mother, she was at the Brief's compound, claiming she was there to "make sure [Trunks] doesn't kill [him]self" ("I'm here to make sure you don't kill yourself, dumbass").​
Chichi's loss was very hard on Julia, considering the woman (despite their arguments and disagreements), was the only one who had ever acted very motherly toward her. Gohan's loss was far worse. Julia hadn't gone training with them the day Gohan died, because she and her adopted brother had gotten into a big fight about her safety. She felt the spike in power levels, and the drop in power levels as well, but she didn't get there in time. By the time Julia arrived on the scene, Trunks had gone super, and Gohan... Gohan was dead. She shut herself off for a bit when that happened, level Trunks to wonder if she hadn't gone off and tried to fight the Androids herself. Finally coming to her senses, Julia realized that she was no use to the world dead, and spent the next few months training intensely at the Son residence, only showing up at the Briefs compound to announce the fact that she wasn't dead, but was planning on getting stronger, and said that they knew where to find her (despite Bulma insisting she move in with them).​
Trunks didn't tell her about how he went to the past, or even that Bulma was building a Time Machine, so she was rightfully upset to find that he had already went back, demanding that she take her with him the next time he go back because she wants to help make a timeline that wasn't fucked in some regard. She's a little anxious to see Gohan again, and she has no idea whether or not she wants to meet her adoptive father, just based on what she's heard. Luckily, because she's adopted, she doesn't have to worry about them asking her questions about who she's related to. After all, she's a freaking furry, of course she isn't related to one of the Z Warriors. Not by blood, anyway.​
.: Alignment :. Good​
.: Signature Moves :. Sankon Tessō - beams of ki form in her claws to cut enemies into shreds. Much like the Kienzan, but ki ribbons.​
Dragon Dance - Basically Sankon Tessō + spinning to create wind levels and cause mass disruption. Very random/unpredictable. She only does this when she knows that no innocents are nearby, as she can't control the ki this attack and cannot guarantee the safety of those in it's path.​
Hikari Hōchō - Standard ki beam shot (same class as Final Flash, Galick Gun and Kamehameha)​
Extra - A lot of how Julia fights is instinctually based, considering no one on Caterangi fights. She’s had to teach herself and create her own moves, therefore if she gets a teacher in our RP, she will naturally adopt their fighting techniques under their tutelage.​
.: Ascended Form :. Caterangi have an ascended state such as the Super Saiyan, but instead of needing to be pure of heart, it is completely uncontrollable and simply known as 'Berserk Mode'. It only kicks in to protect them when their bodies sense that they are close to death, so she doesn't even know that the form exists because she hasn't ever been in a near death experience to date. It is the Caterangian's sealed and primal instincts, and it, though the actual form being lost to time due to centuries of snobbish ignorance, is the entire reason why Caterangians hate war and violence in general.​
.: Other Powers/Abilities :. Her claws store ki, She flies, Tails are good for balancing/always landing on their feet, Advanced hearing and sight (not as good as Piccolo's, but close)​
.: Other :.
The Caterangi are my made-up alien race. They have ears and tails and their colors classify what social class they are. They're stuck up, and physical appearance is everything. The 'normal' ones detest fighting.​
White = Royalty
Gray = Duke/Duchess, Earl/Heiress
Mottled/Speckled/Patterned = Middle Class
Brown = Poor Class

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!??"

"I'm sorry sweetie, I tried to tell her and she wouldn't listen!" It had been almost two years since Gohan's death, and about one since Julia had announced her intense new training regiment to the Briefs, considering they were her last remaining ties to planet Earth. Julia saw red as she walked up to Trunks, the fur of her ears and tail spiked up amidst her anger. Bulma followed after her as she stalked up to the lavender haired male, and her eyes narrowed in anger.

"You think you can go off into the past... without me?!" Most girls might have slapped someone for lying to them. Julia felt the need to fully punch Trunks in the face, and even though her fist merely connected (and she knew it wasn't as full power as it could have) without any force behind the blow, the sound alone was enough satisfaction to her. "How dare you, Trunks Briefs! What if you had died in the past?! What do you think your mother would have done without you? What do you think I-" she paused, not wanting to finish her sentence. Taking a deep breath, she sighed, placing her fingers on the bridge of her nose in annoyance. She had a few anger issues, so she slowly counted to ten to try to calm herself down. "Next time, you're taking me with you. Bulma said you're going back." The blue haired woman could only offer a helpless shrug in response, and Julia swiftly turned around to try and go blow off her anger somewhere else.

She was still livid, don't get her wrong, she just didn't want to do something rash. Like beat him up. Not that she really could--they were pretty evenly matched--but she'd sure as hell try! Julia didn't care about a lot of things or a lot of people. She could get by on her own with some food and her personal stache of catnip, but with Trunks and Bulma... especially Trunks, she had gotten rather attached. She loved and loathed the feeling of attachment. Of feeling like she belonged at least... somewhere in the universe. She was even cast off of her own home planet! So to have someone who gave a damn about her was pretty important. She'd rather get blasted off onto another planet than admit it--she was far too prideful for her own good.

Now standing outside of the Briefs compound, the brunette missused her ki to light a cigarette she had on her person, hoping the drug would at least cool her nerves for the time being. It was a bad habit she hadn't been able to break, and Chichi had hated Julia's smoking when she was alive. She tried to quit after her death as an homage to her adoptive mother, but the death and destruction was far too unbearable without her horrible addiction, and so it continued.

"Oh, crap baskets!" Trunks sighed as he watched the door close behind Julia. He picked up that phrase from his mentor Gohan and unconsciously mubmled it whenever something went wrong. "I don't think it was a good idea to tell her about the Time Machine."
"I'm sorry, dear. It really just slipped up... You know how much I'm preoccupied with this." Bulma shrugged and smiled sheepishly.

When Trunks went to the past the fist time to try warning Goku about the heart virus and the Androids attack, he couldn't help thinking what his mother would do had something happen to him there. In a way, Julia was right to be angry. He also remembered the day Gohan left them behind, went away to fight the Androids. He remembered it clearly as if it happened just yesterday. Resentment towards his mentor's choice to fight alone, anger and grief over his death. Julia was probably feeling the same way about him leaving. Especially since she didn't have any other family on this planet, and loss of Chichi and Gohan had hit her very hard back then. But even though he understood her reaction and didn't try to fight back, he still wanted to keep her out of this by the time he goes to the past again.

"I'd better talk to her..."
"... before she does anything stupid," he wanted to add, but Bulma understood immediately what he was implying and nodded.

Trunks found the girl smoking just outside. At least she didn't ran off to somewhere, he thought as he walked over to her.
"I'm sorry we kept this from you. But there was no time. Androids were almost at our door so we had to act fast." Of course she understood all that but he still felt the need to apologise. Julia was his only friend after Gohan died and he didn't want to have any arguments between them. "We didn't tell you because we didn't want to expose you to more danger. You've suffered enough already."

"And besides, if you went to the past and Chichi saw you smoke, she'd never adopt you in the future!" he attempted to lighten up the mood. Probably not very successfully.

She heard Trunks approach, but she refused to look in his direction, taking a long drag as he spoke. She let him complain about keeping her out of trouble, and while a part of her did appreciate the sentiment, she was still thoroughly shook by his poor judgement. "So you didn't tell me... because you were worried about me suffering?" Her voice was deadly calm, and her eyes slowly slid over to look at him while she continued to face forward. Her deep blue, almost gray orbs narrowed in distrust. "And because of my bad smoking habit..."

She still wanted to punch him but she would (somehow) hold herself back. For now. His version of 'lightening up the mood'? More like threatening her very existence.

"You're lucky you're one of the only people on this planet that I can stand, Princess," she growled, the sound low in the back of her throat as she turned to face him. "What am I supposed to do if you die? Hanh?" The brunette flicked her cigarette to the ground, killing the flame with her bare heel as she glared up at him--the one disadvantage that she had was that Trunks was a good few inches taller, but that didn't mean Julia couldn't still beat him up. Although the offer was tempting, she chose to let it go. "I'm coming with you this time, and I'm not taking 'no' for an answer." Julia was, well... the definition of the term, "punk". If this were a slice of life anime, she'd be the chick who wore pants and always left her school blazer at home with a loose tie. Or a thug, take your pick. "Besides, someone's gotta bring your ass back to Bulma in one piece, Kami knows you'll need all the help you can get."

The brunette stepped back, crossing her arms over her chest as she angrily looked to the side, her deep brown ears flattened to her skull. She'd sooner let 17 punch her straight in the face than admit it, but she was mostly mad because he hadn't told her about it. He hadn't warned her or said goodbye the first time he left. "Y-You..." for a moment it looked like she might have even said something heartfelt, but she changed her mind at the last second. Conceal don't feel, right Elsa? "You're such a dumbass!"

It took some willpower for Trunks to stay calm.
"For thousandth time, I'm not a princess!"
Bulma rarely told him about his father but she mentioned him calling himself "the Prince of all Saiyans". Even though there were only two and a half of them left, and taking pride in that regardless. The brief encounter with Vegeta in the past made Trunks realise one thing. His father seemed to be a dick. And being called princess made Trunks feel uncomfortable.

"What am I supposed to do if you die?" He fired back at her.
The girl was too much for him to handle sometimes. Trunks felt a tiny bit of guilt remembering his own fights with Gohan over similar things. He couldn't blame her.

"I appreciate your concern about bringing my ass back but I can handle that myself. You might be right about help though..."

If their calculations were right, Goku would have survived and they would be able to fight off the Androids on May 12.

"But don't expect me to like this. If we run into a dangerous fight I will keep you away from it even if I need to beat you up myself!"

On the second thought , who was he kidding. Julia would never stay away from a fight. One more word and she would be the one beating him up for suggesting this. And somehow his Saiyan blood welcomed the challenge.

Julia snickered as he whined, shaking her head as her eyes narrowed once more, arms still crossed over her chest as her legs shifted to a rock solid stance. He was more than welcome to fight her--she'd like to see him try. Maybe the trick was getting him angry... "Sure, spoken like a true princess, Trunks." She didn't know much about either of their fathers, adoptive or otherwise, but from what Gohan and Chichi had told her, Goku was courageous and good natured, if not... a complete idiot with crazy strong abilities. She was still weighing her options about being excited to see him or not.

"Like I'm going to allow anyone to kill me in the past. I may be female, but I am FAR from helpless!" She was quick to growl back, bringing her arms down. "This isn't just about your ass! It's about mine too! You're damn straight that I'd be able to help you. Let's face it, if the androids are anything like they are now, then you're going to need every last fighter in order to defeat them." Her tail flicked behind her angrily. "Me included." As he mentioned keeping her away from the fights, her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth fell open in disbelief. "You're telling me that you'll keep me from getting beat up... by beating me up?! What kind of logic is that?" She slowly got into a fighting stance, jaw clenched as Julia allowed her power level to flare up in warning. "I'd seriously like to see you try!"

"OKAY, AND we're done with that." A voice said beside them, and Julia yelped as Bulma grabbed onto one of her fluffy appendages, as well as yanked on Trunks' ear as well. "No fighting at the compound, or ever! Do you two knuckleheads seriously want to attract unwanted attention? To our safe house?!"

"Owowowow don't, my ears are sensitive!" Julia whined, trying to get out of Bulma's grasp without hurting the older woman.

"We are going to have a nice, quiet dinner, and the two of you are going to behave! Do you understand?!" It was rare to see this kind of behavior in an older Bulma, but it was definitely reminiscent of her younger spunk and attitude. Julia huffled, but she stopped struggling, quietly acquiescing to Bulma's demands.

For a moment Trunks felt like going Super Saiyan right there. Why wouldn't Julia understand that he just wanted to keep her away from danger? He would beat her up just to make her miss the time he goes away to the past, so that she stays home with his mother. Of course it was still dangerous here but maybe less so. After all, Bulma knew what she was doing if she managed to keep them safe for so long. And who knows what would actually happen in the past.

"I'm not a...!!" he wanted to retort again when their banter was brutally interrupted by Bulma. "Fine..." He had to resign. It was rare to see Bulma like that and to be fair, it was scary. But he started to get an idea how she could have handled his father when he was still alive.
"Not very good talking to girls, aren't we?" Bulma said, still holding her son's ear. "Maybe you have inherited more from your father than his gender after all."
After making sure the children calmed down she finally let them go.

The air at the dinner table felt heavy. Trunks didn't know what to say after the awkward conversation he just had.

"I don't object to both of you going." Bulma finally broke the silence. "At least i'll know you can keep each other safe."

"I'm sorry Miss Briefs," Julia apologized at dinner, her eyes wide and doe like as she gave the elder blue haired woman an apologetic expression. "I didn't mean to cause you any trouble or worry."

"Cut the shit, brat." That was enough to get Julia's tired/half baked expression to reappear and she scowled at Trunks across the table, considering it was probably because of him that his mom knew about her Alien Eddie Haskell behavior. She stuck her tongue out at the lavender haired teen before continuing to eat. Bulma shook her head at the display, mumbling an odd-on to her sentence, "if you don't kill each other first." Both half saiyan and Caterangian could hear her, but neither let it show that they did.

Julia sighed, not wanting the silence to continue on any longer. "Look. I'm still mad, don't get me wrong. But I'm willing to work with you to make at least one timeline where the future doesn't look like hell on Earth. Can we at least prolong this argument until after we've made sure all of the Z Warriors in that alternate timeline are okay?" Her gray blue eyes searched Trunks' for his answer before he responded, but even before he could, Bulma decided to speak up agian.

"Besides, I'm going to hold on to these for safekeeping while you're gone!" She showed Julia her box where she contained all her cancer sticks, and the brunette's eyes widened significantly.

"H-hey!! Give those back!" Bulma pocketed them and shook her head adamantly, and Julia held her head as she leaned on her elbows on top of the table. "Great... now I'm going to go through withdrawl in the past."

"Ooooor, you can finally stop smoking like both Chichi and Gohan asked of you," she said pointedly, and Julia turned her head, pouting but choosing not to argue. Bulma was right, and Julia had... wanted to quit for awhile but couldn't find the means or motivation to do so after the death of her brother.

Trunks couldn't hide a giggle seeing how casually Bulma deprived Julia of her cigarettes. He didn't approve her smoking either. Mostly because Gohan also hadn't, and Trunks (almost) always listened to Gohan. Had he listen to him better maybe Gohan wouldn't be dead.
"Right, now Chichi won't have a reason to not adopt you in future," he commented but cut off under Bulma's heavy gaze which made him look down and focus on the food.

"And you don't have to ask twice," he finally replied. "Of course making sure we help the Z Warriors is more important."
Trunks didn't say anything else but it was clear he didn't change his opinion and is still against having Julia come with him. But the matter was already settled and there was no point arguing anymore.
Bulma nodded. "As you're leaving tomorrow you better have some good rest. Everything is already prepared, I'll go do some final checks on the Time Machine. It would be bad if it explodes mid-way... So finish your dinner and go straight to bed."
She turned back before stepping out of the room. "If I hear you argue again you'll both regret it."

Trunks shuddered. His mother could really be scary sometimes. She totally meant what she said.

For a moment he considered sneaking out early in the morning and leaving Julia behind. But that would be hard to pull off. He already knew the moment the girl found out about the Time Machine that they would end up in this mess together. And deep inside, he didn't mind it too much.

Julia glareed at Trunks as he laughed at her despair, the urge to tug on that gorgeous stupid lavender hair so he stuck his face into his plate of food becoming more tempting by the second. Sighing, the female shook her head, looking off to the side as she attempted to finish her meal in peace, choosing to ignore the dead horse beating he was giving the whole "chichi might not ever adopt you". That was stupid.

As they all got up, Julia silently helped Bulma put the dishes away. As the blue haired woman spoke, the brunette nodded in agreement. "Thank you, Miss Briefs."

"How many times have I told you to just call me Bulma? Geez I may be older than you but I'm not your grandma..." she mumbled something about Chichi's strict conditioning as she walked over to do those final checks on the Time Machine. Julia looked to Trunks as her last words reached them, rolling her eyes at the threat, but she wasn't about to start anything knowing that Bulma's wrath was terrifying.

"I'm sleeping in the hallway--if you try to sneak off without me, I will" her eyes narrowed in emphasis. "Find you and possibly kill you. We'll see." Julia didn't exactly have a designated spot in the Brief's house, but when she did stay over, she tended to sleep in literally anywhere but a bed. The roof, the hallway, the couch... she was a cat deep down, after all. And it did seem she picked up a few habits from Chichi, and one of them was at least being strangely aware of where everyone was in the house at almost all times.

The night couldn't have possibly gone any slower, but Julia was actually able to get some sleep, and the smell of breakfast came from the kitchen. Tilting her head, she cracked her neck from her awkward sleeping position. The kitchen was empty, but Julia stood with a plate of food in her hand, eating as she waited for Trunks to get up. Hopefully with all of them together, the Z-Fighters would have a chance at beating the androids. Julia's eyes were distant as she turned to look out the window, thinking about what it might be like to live in a world that wasn't completely turned to a hellscape. It had been that way on Caterango too, and although she was much older and hardly remembered her home, she could still remember the despair of its people. Eh, well, that was a little dark, but it's necessary tragic backstory.

Trunks never believed that Julia would execute any of her threats. Still, he didn't wish to escalate the argument any further so he just shrugged it off. There were more important things to consider.

He couldn’t fall asleep for a while. His mind was bursting from a mix of emotions. He was excited, and sad, and scared. He didn’t expect the trip to the past to be fun, taking it very seriously, but his Saiyan half had different opinion. Fighting was fun. Meeting the great Z Warriors at their prime was fun. Having Julia along was… fun too. Maybe.
He had to resort to the relaxation techniques his master Gohan taught him, otherwise he would never fall asleep that night.

When he got to the kitchen in the morning, Julia was already there. Well, at least *she* didn’t run off to the past without him. That was a good sign.

He greeted her and gobbled on the food. It wasn’t much, but they were not supposed to time travel on full stomach anyway. The thing was shaking a lot. And you wouldn’t want to throw up across time.

Bulma finally showed up with a wide smile on her face.
“You’re awake, sweeties. Good. I’ve run the checks on the machine. If it explodes it won’t be because of me!” She was still smiling but her eyes were sad. “Now when you’re done with breakfast I’ll see you off.”

The Time Machine was stationed a bit further away from their house, in case Androids would track it.
Trunks was not sure two people would fit in there, since the space was pretty tight. "Good I'm not allergic to cats" he mumbled under his breath as he hopped in.

Julia acknowledged Trunks as he stepped into the kitchen with a nod, but other than that they mostly ate in silence. She had always wondered what the other Z warriors were like, after all... Gohan had told her a lot about them. Like his only friends being a 30 old bald midget and a green slug man. She wasn’t sure what to expect, but Julia probably wasn’t quite prepared to be drastically disappointed.

Looking up as Bulma entered the room, she nodded, a small smile on her features. "Don’t worry Bulma—I'll make sure Trunks gets back to you." Her ears flicked as she nodded, and Bulma only thanked her and continued to lead them to the Time Machine. Julia followed after Trunks as he hopped in.

"I tried to see about adding another seat, but there really wasn’t enough room there," she smirked, looking at Trunks with a smirk. "So buckle up and hold on tight, it might be the closest you'll ever get to a girl~!” Geez, Bulma was brutal!

Julia blushed, growling incoherent words at both mother and son as she uncomfortably sat in Trunk's lap. "J-just take us to the fucking past!"

Trunks tried very hard to not blush after his mother's remark but failed miserably. Although he still smiled a little. The past version of Bulma he had pleasure to meet on his first trip to the past seemed pretty wack and it was cute to see that personality resurface for a moment.

"See you later, mom!" he shouted just before the lid closed and waved at Bulma. "We'll be back!"

"Oh please do. Come back safe..." The woman brushed a tear from the corner of her eye, smiled at the children and waved back.
She kept standing there for a while even after the machine dissolved into thin air...

When they finally arrived to the destinatied time and place the wasteland looked... wasted. There clearly was a recent battle over there. Near a huge crater left from some explosion there was a head.
"Oh my god, it's Chiaotzu!" Trunks ran up to the head and examined it closely. "And he is dead." The head looked wery suspicious though. There were metal parts and wires sticking out of the severed neck. "...And he is an android!"

Now his imagination was running too wild. Chiaotzu was definitely NOT an android, Trunks knew that for sure from what Bulma and Gohan told him. On a closer look, the head looked bigger than Chiaotzu's head could ever be. And also the face looked older. Then, those metal parts...

"Oh, crap baskets! Are you thinking about the same thing as I am?" he addressed Julia.

This was an android Trunks had never seen before. And there was a battle. But the place was the one that he told the Z Warriors about. Something didn't add up.
He could sense the battle was still ongoing somewhere in the distance as the ki levels kept rising and dropping. They had to go there and join whoever was fightning!

Julia waved halfheartedly to Bulma as they left, trying to ignore the red that dusted her cheeks. This was going to be a looooooooong trip.

The evidence of battle in the area was clear, even a toddler could see that something went down in the wasteland. Considering Julia hadn't seen the others like Trunks had, she wasn't sure what to expect. Her eyebrows furrowed as she ignored Trunks' outbursts, stepping closer to the crater that held 'Chiaotzu's' decapitated head. "I'm just making a quick guess here, but I'm pretty sure Chiaotzu's not an android..." she mumbled, kicking the head slightly as she turned back to face Trunks once more. They shared similar looks as she growled softly. "By coming to the past you must have screwed something up! Come on--we have to find them before anyone else dies."

They both immediately sped off towards where they felt fluctuations in powers, and Julia kept a nuetral expression on her face as they approached the figures who were fighting. She would assume that the green man was Piccolo, based on Gohan's stories, and she could see a few bald people (plus the real Chiaotzu) over to the side. She could only assume (again, based on Gohan's stories) that the short one was Krillen, and the triclops was Tien. As they stopped, her gaze immediately found Dr. Gero, and she growled. "That's not 17 or 18."

"Trunks? What the hell are you doing here?!" Piccolo was the first person to respond to their presence. He seemed shocked by the time traveler's appearance, although his gaze slid over to Julia's form in minor distrust. "And who's your friend?"

"Hah, Trunks. That's a girl's name," Vegeta scoffed, a smirk on his features.

"Wait, isn't that the name of your son?" Julia hadn't even seen when Krillen had joined them.

"You're telling me, that this wannabe super saiyan from the future is my so-" Vegeta trailed off in realization, his face going blank as Julia rolled her eyes, putting her hands on her hips. Jesus, these guys were annoying! No wonder they were all dead in the future.

"That's not what's important here. What's important, is that this android and the fat one don't exist in our timeline," Julia growled, trying to get everyone's attentions. "We should stop this one before he goes and wakes up his buddies."

Everyone stopped fighting for a bit, even Dr. Gero looked puzzled.

"Haven't you said there would be two androids that we should fight today?" Krillin finally broke the silence.
"I... I have... But that's not the same one!" Trunks apologised. "There were supposed to be two androids, but..."
"Why didn't you tell us what they looked like?!" Vegeta growled.
"I only met those two I told you about!"

Trunks kept defending from the barrage of questions the Z Fighters threw at him. Julia was probably right, his first journey through time must have messed something up. Now there was no way to tell how things would turn out...

A flying car suddenly approached. Through the windscreen one could see Bulma waving cheerfully. And she was holding a baby.

"Great, now the woman's here!" Vegeta scowled. He was clearly not done roasting Trunks for giving the wrong information.

Trunks felt the chill down his spine. "Did she bring ME?!"
This was dangerous. Super dangerous. If someting happens to *him* in the past, wouldn't that mean that the future/present *he* would disappear as well? Crap, those time loops are complicated...

And of course, Dr. Gero thought it was the perfect time to escape. While everyone's attention was drawn away from him, he fired his hand-laser straight at the car. He'd be an idiot if he lost that opportunity, and he was far from being an idiot. He took off, covered by the dust risen from the large explosion.

Trunks acted on instinct. It only took a split second for him to get to Bulma. She didn't get injured, just freaked out a bit when she realised the baby could be gone. But no, the baby was fine as well.

"Huh, I thought there was someone else in the car..." Trunks looked around, but didn't see anyone. Maybe he saw it wrong as no one else reacted.

The one who was the most upset about the android's escape was Vegeta.
"You! You're a f*king failure! You told us: two androids! 12 May! 10 am! South city! And look what we've got! We wasted our time fighting WRONG f*king androids! Next time you come to warn someone, give them a goddamn photo! "
"Look, I was just... uh.. 10 months old." Trunks looked at Bulma and then at Julia seeking any kind of support.

Vegeta was still not done shouting. He also turned to Julia. That was a person he never met before, but in his anger, he did not care. "And you? I don't know who you are but why the hell have you come with this failure of a Saiyan?! To tell us about some other wrong androids?!"

"Shit!" Her swear appeared when all hell broke loose and Bulma arrived with Yajirobe and the baby, and her muscles tensed in order to go save someone, but she noticed Trunks' reaction time was slightly quicker than hers. Deciding that she didn't need to help and her close friend seemed to have a handle on things, she sighed, placing her hands on her hips as she forced herself to relax. "Man... this is a bad time to be sober," she mumbled to herself, blue eyes narrowing as she watched Trunks safely land with the baby version of himself and a younger Bulma. Damn... she didn't expect Miss. Briefs to look much different, but the fact that she only had a bit less wrinkly skin said something about the youth in an older Bulma...

Realizing she had blanked out for most of the conversation, Julia was brought back in when Trunk's face screamed for help, and then Vegeta turned to her, which was never a good thing. Her eyes narrowed as she stood up to him, looking down at him (she was fairly taller --well, anyone was fairly taller-- than Vegeta) and refusing to back down. "Be careful what you wish for, little man, it might just come true."

"The hell did you call me?!" His voice raised in agitation as Gohan sought to keep the peace in the group along with Krillen.

"Before this gets really out of hand and ends up in fighting, we should go after the android?"

"Yeah, I was going to ask about that--what was Dr. Gero doing here?" Bulma was quick to speak up as she held Baby Trunks in the air, bouncing him slightly.

"That was who" Julia was quick to question, her gaze narrowing as she turned to look at the blue haired woman.

"You know, Dr. Gero! Ex scientist for a now-defunct Red Ribbon Army? That was him." She said it so matter of factly, that Julia found herself growling.

"Great... so we have to chase after the actual scientist himself? It's not like we're going to magically know where his lab is," Krillen spoke up next, sighing.

"Oh, I know where it is." Bulma again, speaking as she held Trunks to herself. Everyone looked to her expectantly and she frowned slightly. "What? All scientists know where each other's secret labs are."

"Then what are we doing here?!" Julia's tail twitched in agitation as she growled. "Let's get out of here and murder that son of a bitch in cold blood."

"Hey, your friend must be brave to say that to Vegeta" Krillin whispered.
Trunks looked slightly terrified. Despite him not knowing Vegeta very well but he's seen enough already. The fact that he didn't even try to help Bulma and his own son also bothered him. It became clear why Bulma would never talk to him about his father.

That piece of information that Bulma shared was important enough to distract Vegeta. He was the first to charge off, leaving everyone behind.
"Wait, you can't just...!" But Vegeta didn't even listen. He just brushed Trunks away and took off.

The boy growled in irritation.
"We need to stop him! And the androids!" Trunks was not sure who he wanted to stop first, but everything worked as long as no one died.
He tried to catch up with Vegeta and talk to him, but his efforts were wasted, as if he was hiiting a brick wall with his head.

When Vegeta, and then Trunks, finally got to the lab, it seemed like everyone else was already there, trying to open the door.
"You're late!" Krillin called out. But it ony irritated Vegeta again. It seemed like being irritated was the constant state of mind for Vegeta, as Trunks had noticed while following him. He tried to talk some sense into his father, but it only lead to his backlash. And of course, Vegeta blamed being late on Trunks, despite he was the one taking the wrong turn on the way.

There were some muffled voices talk behind the door. And to Trunks despair, he recognised them.
"Jullia, do you hear? It's them. They're inside. Looks like I couldn't change this timeline much, after all..."

"Good luck, princess!" Julia was quick to call after Trunks as he flew off to try and talk some sense into his father. They hadn't known Vegeta for longer than a few minutes (or at least that was true in Julia's case), but she could already guess that he would have better luck convincing an actual wall, or a tree, or even a rock.

All the Z fighters agreed that it was necessary to find the lab and destroy it before Dr. Gero could revive any more androids, that much was certain. They all nodded, and with Julia in tow (and Gohan flying Bulma, the baby version of Trunks, and Yajirobe back to Capsule Corp.), they sped off to the coordinates of the lab thanks to Bulma's info.

Julia stood next to Piccolo as the poor Namekian nursed his shoulders. She arrived after the idiots decided that instead of blasting everything to hell, they should try to ram it open. "Tch... men," she mumbled under her breath, clearly not impressed by the unbalanced amount of testosterone. As Trunks and Vegeta touched down, the brunette turned, nodding to her friend and his father despite their petty argument. She had heard the voices fairly clearly thanks to her enhanced hearing, and she nodded solemnly at Trunk's words. "Don't give up yet..." she sighed, placing a clawed hand on Trunks' shoulder, and actually sounding motivational for once despite her usually dry and sarcastic delivery, as well as that natural aura of pessimism that followed her everywhere she went. "Remember, this timeline is already different from our own. They literally trained for three years! Hopefully that means actually intense training and not... sitting on their asses and twiddling their thumbs. Kind of like what they're doing right now."

"Get out of the way, pissants!" Vegeta shouldered his way to the front of the pack, and immediately everyone shrunk back, his hands glowing a golden hue as he shot a ki blast, decimating the doors to the lab. "See, that's what you should have done in the first place! Now, tell me boy--these androids better be the ones you spoke of."

Julia growled as the smoke cleared, her tail writhing behind her as her ears flattened on top of her head. Inside the lab, three figures could be seen--a blonde haired female, a black haired male, and Dr. Gero. These were the androids they knew...

"Wow look, the whole gang is here," 17 grinned, placing his hands on his hips. As he scanned over the group, he gasped slightly, before tugging on 18's sleeve. "Oh, look! They got a kitty! 18, can we keep it? Please?"

"Okay but you've got to take care of it," she warned, pushing her brother off of her.

"Yay! I'm going to think of a name."

"Jesus Christ," Julia growled, her eyes narrowing before she sighed. "Yeah, this is definitely them."

"Wait, we can't do this without Goku!" Trunks shouted as Vegeta aimed a ki blast at the door. But of course, Vegeta didn't listen. He never did. Not to Trunks, not to anyone else, and especially not to Trunks. The boy even wondered how the hell all those people could even be friends with Vegeta. Or at least stay in close proximity to Vegeta without wanting to kill him. Because his own patience was reaching its limit, despite him being his father.

When the dust from the blasted door settled, and the room was revealed, Trunks confirmed it was the real androids he was talking about before. But even this claim disappointed Vegeta. Seriously, is this guy ever happy?!

This wasn't the worst thing though.
Trunks watched as Android 17 turned to some weird-looking machine. From the bickering of the androids and Dr. Gero it became clear that there was another one.

... Yet another one that Trunks and Julia didn't know about...

"So..." Vegeta spoke in seemingly calm voice, but it made Trunks shiver. "Have you miscalculated again?"

In front of them, however, another local drama played out. For some reason, Dr. Gero was against activation of another android, but the other two didn't listen.
"I am your master and you will do as I say!" the older man shouted. But his line was cut by Android 16's fist coming right through his chest.
'Sorry, Doc!" he smiled and instantly beheaded his creator.

Trunks had enough of that. In a fit of rage he activated his Super Saiyan form and threw in a huge energy blast that was supposed to destroy the laboratory. It was his strongest blast, there was no way the Androids would survive... He wished he could do that back... in the future... when those evil entities were killing Gohan.

"Yeah, definitely Vegeta's kid..." Krillin concluded.

"Throwing a tantrum, are we?" Vegeta asked when it was over, observing the now flat ground at the place where a mountain with hidden laboratory was.
"Well, at least I did something...!" Trunks shouted, only to see Vegeta scowl.

Trunks then turned to Julia. "You don't think that blast got rid of them, do you?"

Julia turned to look at Trunks with an unamused expression, "since when has it ever been that easy?" Unfortunately, the brunette was a pessimist and a realist, and her words turned out to be the truth as she watched the smoke clear and the android siblings and the pod were safe. "See..."

"Damnit!" Krillen shouted, his eyes narrowing as he looked to the androids. It was unfortunately true that they were a lot stronger (seemingly) in this timeline as well.

"Come on, just open him up already," 17 growled, crossing his arms as 18 crouched over the pod.

"Geez, calm your tits, I'm going," she spoke smoothly, ripping off the lid before it was done completely. Julia's breath caught in her throat as she glared at the newcomer, and a redheaded android stepped out of the pod.

"Holy firecrotch...!" Krillen's words weren't easing her fears.

"Dammit..." Julia's ears folded back on top of her head, and her tail flicked anxiously behind her, signaling her unease. "This wasn't supposed to happen...!"

//sorry this is so short! I've actually been having a few medical problems of my own now//

This was definitely not supposed to happen. There were way more androids than were supposed to be. At least more than Trunks saw in the future. That's what you get for time-travelling... Maybe it wasn't a good idea after all.

Lost in thoughts, Trunks missed mosted what the others were saying, but maybe it was for the best, as Vegeta never stopped berating him. For now everyone just stood and watched.
They tend to do that a lot, as Trunks has already noticed.

The new androd that appeared was tall, much taller and bulkier than any of those they had the displeasure of meeting before. Does that mean he is even stronger?
His voice was strange though, less human than the rest. And he said that his sole purpose was murdering Son Goku! And it looked like the other two androids completely agreed on taking this up as their mission too. They liked to kill, it was apparent already.

Then they just turned their backs to the rest of them, and took off.

This didn't sit well with Vegeta. He was tired of being ignored. He went into Super Saiyan form, ready to take them on.

"No, he can't fight them alone!" Trunks thought and rushed to stop his father. He flew right in front of him.
"You can't fight them!" he shouted. "We need Son Goku!"
"I don't need his help. I can do this on my own!" Vegeta scowled at him. "You can't stop me."
"But... you're not as strong...!"

The next thing Trunks felt was a strong punch in his gut. For a moment he saw only darkness and stars, unable to say or do anything. He almost lost his balance and fell down, but managed to stay in the air by some miracle. Maybe because Krillin took hold of him.
"You... shouldn't have pushed the Goku Button" Krillin said.

"Stop him... he will just die!" Trunks looked at Julia in desperation. If others didn't do anything, maybe she could... Vegeta would not listen to Trunks, but he didn't have any prejudice against her.
The punch from Vegeta had rendered him uselss. As strong as he was, his father was still much stronger, and yet even that was not enough to fight the androids!

Julia could have told Trunks that things would probably change thanks to them meddling with the affairs of the past, but that was beside the point. After all, even if she complained about it now, there'd be no point in doing so out loud considering the stupid androids didn't seem to be concerned with them anymore, considering Goku wasn't a part of the group that had come to stop them.

Julia growled as she watched the big ginger one stepped out of the chamber he had been sealed in, and her growl only grew louder as they flat out ignored their group and left. Vegeta seemed more upset than the others, and the brunette watched as he took off, turning to look at the purplette, she sighed as he mentioned Goku to his father--who obviously had a sore spot at his inability to be as good or better than Goku--and was coincidentally punched. "You did that to yourself, dumbass..." the caterangian female mumbled to herself, narrowing her eyes as she looked away.

When Trunks looked to her, she paused, the desperate look on his face causing her eyebrows to furrow, and her jaw to clench. Feeling her cheeks turning a slow red, the female growled to cover it up, her tail flicking angrily behind her as a purple aura surrounded her being. "Fine...! I'll go save the Queen." Julia was just determined too annoy every remaining member of the Saiyan royal family. All two of them. Taking off after Vegeta, it didn't take the female too long to catch up to him as he followed the androids closer to the road.

"Oi, Vegeta! This isn't going to end well for any of us if we have to save your stupid ass!" She had no qualms with arguing with the Saiyan Prince, even if it got her in trouble, or on the wrong side of a fierce warrior.

"Woman who the hell even are you?" He was quick to bark, and Julia felt annoyance bubbling up in her body as he continued to yell at her over the noise of wind whistling in their ears. "Don't tell me that my bastard of a son brought his wench with just for the hell of it!"

"Excuse the you," Julia growled, speeding up to get closer to Vegeta. "I only came with to make sure princess doesn't get himself killed, and now suddenly I find myself playing babysitter!"

"Then sit back and watch, cause I'm about to wreak havoc!" He smirked confidently, and Julia rolled her eyes as he engaged Android 18 over a highway, fighting on the tops of trucks.

"Oh, cool, the furry followed," 17 called out, flying over to Julia. As she continued to growl lowly, in her throat as he approached calmly, a cruel smirk playing on his lips. "You intervene, and I break that pretty little neck of yours."

"I feel like this is harrassment. Is this harrassment?" Julia asked rhetorically, narrowing her eyes.

The rest of the Z Warriors were a little slower to follow, considering they could only follow Vegeta and Julia's energy since the androids didn't give off a reading. "Man, how'd they get so far away so quickly?!" Krillen asked out loud, frowning.

"I mean, this is Vegeta we're talking about," Tien said with narrowed eyes.

Trunks didn't believe that Julia could do something to stop Vegeta, but maybe she could at least stall him until the rest of the Z Warriors catch up. Even without Goku, if they all take them on at once, maybe...?
Although the events he witnessed in the future were clearly in favor of the fact that there was no 'maybe'. And now there were three androids, not just two. He knew how powerful 17 and 18 were, but the tall redhead was still a mystery. Judging by his looks, it was unlikely he was much weaker than the other two. And this was bad. The androids were humanity's greatest threat...

As much as an asshole Vegeta was, he was still his father, and Trunks didn't want him to die in vain. They've just met basically. Well, the baby Trunks already appeared, so Vegeta dying shouldn't erase Trunks from the future, but you never know... There were already changes in this timeline compared to what was supposed to be.

Argh, why time travelling is so confusing?!

By the time they arrived, Vegeta already tried engaging 18 in a fight. It... didn't look well, but he was still alive. Julia was alive too. That was also very important. Trunks would never forgive himself if something happened to her...

"We have to get out of here!" he shouted as he landed on the highway.

"Are you kidding me?" Vegeta was not going to stop the fight. He hated being interrupted, but even more than that, he hated being defeated. And he couldn't let the stupid washing machine be the one who defeats him.
Then another thing came up that he hated even more.

"Can we stop talking about Kakarrot for a minute?! He is not even around!" Vegeta yelled when Piccolo mentioned Goku's name which was immediately noted by the androids. There was one who constantly talked about killing Son Goku and it was getting on everyone's nerves already.
"Now, if we're done, I can proceed to disassemble you!"

Vegeta kept shouting insults to the androids, until 18 snapped and engaged him in the fight herself.

"Seriously if you make one more racist or sexist comment I will snap your other arm," Julia growled, her tail flicking behind her in irritation. Honestly sometimes she couldn't stand men, and Vegeta was everything she hated--she had heard horror stories of her adoptive father Goku, but since Bulma never really liked to talk about Vegeta she hadn't known what to expect.

Now that she had met him... well, in the nicest terms she could think of, let's just say she wishes she hadn't. "Seriously, can you even imagine having him as your father-in-law?" Krillen and the other Z FIghters had finally caught up with all of them, and Julia's gray orbs turned to glare at the bald man. He shrunk back from her glare, chuckling nervously with his hands raised should he need to protect himself. "What? I-I'm just sayin...!"

"Also not funny," Julia grumbled under her breath, her tail flicking a little faster the more annoyed she got. The fighting commenced and then everyone jumped into the mess. After all, why let them kill Vegeta when they could all willingly die? She sighed; honestly she felt like the only sane person in the group. Even Tien bothered to get choked out by 17.

"Kinky," she growled, kicking the android away from the triclops before looking over to see Trunks get knocked into his father and then pass out.

"Huh, he can turn off the blonde..." 17 said in surprise, wiping his face where Jules' foot had connected.

Vegeta was struggling "Yeah, you washing machine! And not because you're a robot, it's because you're a cu-" Vegeta's death sentence was completed as 18 finally broke his other arm, and he froze, biting his tounge before screaming and passing out. After all, the pain was probably unbarable.

Still, "don't get me wrong, I hate you, but thanks." Julia and 18 shared a mutual nod.

"No prob," she tucked a few blonde locks behind her ear nonchalantly. "So do I have to kick your ass too or are you just going to stand there."

"Nah, I'm clean up crew today. I'm sure you'll get your chance later," Julia smirked, and they looked to each other with a small bit of understanding in their eyes. Julia had never tried to get to know the Androids in the future. They had killed one of the only people she had ever loved, her older brother, and so she hated them fervently. And yet... these androids had yet to do that... so far they had only knocked Vegeta down a peg which was just fine in her book, but that was beside the point. Still, she would oppose them as long as they were all fighting against them.

Flying over, Julia watched Krillen go try to convince them not to kill Goku, and she flew to Trunks slowly sitting him up. Once he was propped up, she waited for Krillen with the sensu beans, and watched as everyone slowly picked themselves up. Once Trunks was blinking open his eyes, she kept him propped up against her. "You okay?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. After all, it was hard to imagine her being kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back