TCS 1x1/Small Side Story Plotting Thread

thatguyinthestore

Off to a Better Place
This thread is for plotting and coordinating 1x1s or small side stories set in The Chronology Series. This is NOT for setting up larger side stories that act as group RPs, such as Matches of Deception. Think of this as a basic plotting if you want to write a side story or a 1x1 set in TCS, and want a partner or partners for it.​

If this is a spitballing thread, might as well post some ideas.

A 1x1 or small sidestory set in the lovecraftian cosmos where the players (Pokemon, weird OCs, the usual) are the eldritch monstrosities causing inadvertantly insanity in the populace.

A sidestory where a number of classic TCS characters crashland on a rimworld and are forced to fight for survival.

A sidestory elaborating on the mysterious past of sir Cucumberpatch...

A 1x1 or small sidestory set in the lovecraftian cosmos where the players (Pokemon, weird OCs, the usual) are the eldritch monstrosities causing inadvertantly insanity in the populace.

A sidestory where a number of classic TCS characters crashland on a rimworld and are forced to fight for survival.

Crash land? Meaning they all start out on a ship?

Neat!

Hey, maybe I can put up a side story where the protagonists help Marnie catch some bad guys in the Pokémon world! It is her profession, after all.

Neat!

Hey, maybe I can put up a side story where the protagonists help Marnie catch some bad guys in the Pokémon world! It is her profession, after all.

Would they catch them in pokeballs? Or just like, the way normal police do?

Also, a rimworld starship looks like this.

400px-Eventship.png

Oooh, cool!

And probably like the human police. Pokéballs don't exist in Mystery Dungeon. But maybe the plot could be that some jerk Pokémon has brought them into Mystery Dungeon?

I'm all for this.

I'm all for this.

I once GM'd an rp in the vein of this, called "Ow My Hyponome!" where the players were eldritch horrors who got summoned to a wal-mart by cultists, so I could probably GM this pretty well if it were an RP. Though, since I'm not the most familiar with TCS lore/characters, someone else should probably write it were it going to be a sidestory.

I once GM'd an rp in the vein of this, called "Ow My Hyponome!" where the players were eldritch horrors who got summoned to a wal-mart by cultists, so I could probably GM this pretty well if it were an RP. Though, since I'm not the most familiar with TCS lore/characters, someone else should probably write it were it going to be a sidestory.
I'm still all for this sidestory.

It might be a little daunting for me, unfortunately.

But I do still enjoy space stories! Perhaps we could have a little side plot based on Star Fox?

You should. You have experience with this.

I haven't gm'd a game in TCS before and they move insanely fast. Given that I'm already gm'ing an RP that has gone on for two years now I might not have time. But if it is just a 1x1 I could do it, wouldn't be as much fun though.

It might be a little daunting for me, unfortunately.

But I do still enjoy space stories! Perhaps we could have a little side plot based on Star Fox?

Does the starfox setting really even have any backstory to it?

Oh? Well, it's kind of like a smaller scale Star Wars with anthropomorphic animals.

I think there is backstory, but it might not be as necessaru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back