• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Tartarean Chronicle] The Aurum Kings Wraith

Gears

Insane War Toaster
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
IMG_3269.jpg
The day was perfect in the city of Moreal as usual, the machine in the center of town designed by the head artificer maintained the perfect temperature for the machines throughout the city. Most who entered would think it too be a colder day, but those who had lived there had gotten used to it.

Not even the elites could complain when they first arrived, no one is above the city’s progress. There was little changes in than the usual day to day, like the fine machine it was all the parts where working in complete order, their efficiency unmatched.

The lowly citizens of the under worked endlessly in the mines and factories, building the weapons of war that where too dangerous for their superiors to work on.

The middle class continued their mundane and highly organized lives, every hour dedicated to serving their city based on their abilities. Though the king is generous enough to allow half an hour of recreation every day.

The Elite are allowed to do whatever they want, as long as it didn’t interfere with any of the working class. The High Artificers designed new weapons and tools for the city, given the most authority except the king himself.

The King sat in his throne room, at least his private one, the public one used whenever diplomats or any guests arrived. The room was adorned that the heads of various creatures he had hunted during his bimonthly sports hunting, using nothing but a short dagger to seek out the most dangerous of prey.

The Aurum kings throne room connected with a wing restricted to him and his generals, along with anyone with expressed permission, but right now he was the sole occupant, not a single servantvor guard present in the vast hall. His throne room overlooked the main entrance to his palace and the kingdoms capitol building.

He watched as the grimy underlings returned to the mines and factories, the middle class citizens hurrying to follow their schedules while the rich did their best to avoid them out of both disgust and the laws that separated them from the lower class.

He smiled as he watched the ants toil in his empire, turning to an odd device in his wall, a lists of numbers constantly changing as the day moved on, something he enjoyed to watch as he imagined as the little pieces of the machine keep up they'd pace and effect else they be discarded and replaced.

Vale Ashford
Vale walked through the streets of the market district of Moreal, walking past becomes that sold various things, from clocks to extra portions of food, anything permitted by the King.

Vale ignored the mouth watering smell of roasted meat and fresh fruit, knowing that although the algae and protein substitute given to the residents of the lower levels or underlings was foul, gen could of afford anything there, instead but waiting for the exact second the guards switched shifts, entering a back door to an Inn. Inside, several worked walked throughout the room, preparing food for guests as they ignored the stranger, likely as Duke commanded them.

Vale walked down the steps of the cellar, past various ages bevaegwa and and food before stepping inside wine barrel, kicking the bottom in a unique pattern before the bottom opened, sending him straight down onto an mattress.

Inside was a single man duke, the owner of the Inn. Duke, named for his former posistion was looking through various records before noticing Vale, helping him to his feet. "You are lucky you skipped a shift, I had moved the couch last shift to clean after I forgot you where coming. Sit down, we must talk." The man said beforehand gesturing to the table.

Vale sat, staring at various scrolls and texts, many in code or languages he didnt understand. Vale waited as Duke rummaged through the he papers before placing down a paper, waiting for an second as Vale stared at the odd text. "You know I can't read this right?" Vale said before Duke grabbed it while muttering under his breath. "I forgot you could understand dwarvish, you would know that this is saying that the factories aren't being pressured to create more weapons, these new ones being more advanced than any of my sources have seen. Something I should going on, and we need to find out who what." Duke said.

Vale sighed looking at the paper again before responding. "You know there us in way to infiltrate those factories, we barely get a sentence every month. This is impossible, the security is too high. We should continue with our plans of uniting the lower levels to fight the elite and stop this oppression." Vale said as he reached into his pocket. "I have been looking around and might have found some mercenaries that can assist with the beginnings of the plan, but we can't do that and investigate a potential red herring. For years we have heard rumors that the King's supposed plan is going to be enacted, let it go."

Vale sat up, walking to the shoot before pulling a lever, the rungs of a ladder emerging as he began the climb to the surface as his next rotation neared.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back