Tank crew rp that needs work. (ie setting and basic plot)

Is this a good idea even?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soviet Panda

Red Panda Commanda.
Roleplay Type(s)
Not really sure what the setting should be, the world we got futuristic or other. And I need some more plot then to just have them rolling around in a tank just for shits and giggles, and if there should be more then one tank. I don't know. Little help here.

Alright, let's see if I can assist you. First question you have to ask your storyline is, why are the tanks there? Next question would be, what will they be doing? (i.e protecting the human race, warfare. Etc) Setting and time period is important because it will help establish the foundation of your idea.

Well for starters, we have to delve into the background of the RP. Who are these people? Why are they in the tank? Peacekeeping? Repelling invaders? Invading countries? Mercenary work?

Next would be the timeline or background. Is the world dominated by tank-based warfare? Is it realistic like military tactics and such? Are the tanks like in real life or are there things like super 5 story tall, 6 turreted behemoths of death? Or are they sucked into another dimension like in Gate or Zipang?

Once those are set up, the story would write itself.

Normal sized, I'm leaning towards futuristic and fighting aliens because why not that's fun, realistic tactics at first but no doubt having to evolve it as time goes on. They're there because of the draft, because aliens are ass holes and don't give much of a warning when invading. Oh, let's have the setting on a different planet. Yes, that sound marvelous.

What about a lone surviving crew, their company was destroyed by the enemy in a global conflict and their mission is of the upmost importance. It would be good for building character depth and enabling the readers to grow relationships with the crew on their suicide mission with a never quit mentality.

Well, it takes more then two weeks to teach a whole crew how to efficiently operate a tank, so they'll get all the time it takes to do that, it's just that they've never been in a battle before.

[QUOTE="Cu Chulainn]I is of joining glorious Red Army last week comrade, is now glorious tank commander.

[/QUOTE]
Ah congratulations Comrade. I is of joining Glorious Russian Air Force two days ago, is now Captain of own Glorious Fighter Wing.

Since we're in the future and most likely on a different planet, lets get Starfox/Starcraft-y

Depending on many people you want/expect, you can make the tanks moving fortresses. or transformable.

Well, I love the idea. It's very unique. If you make this rp, you need to message me when you finish and I'll gladly join!

As for some advice:

I can't say that I can give you answers, but I can give you some questions to consider. (:

1. Which war is this taking place in? Past? Present? Future?

2. If futuristic, how has the technology changed?

3. What kind of environment is this in? So when they leave the tank, what are they dealing with?

4. What is the situation at hand?

5. Who is the enemy?

6. How do they get food, Water?

Hope this helps a bit!

I hate to say this, but this has already been going. There is a gunner position open, because our last one disappeared. I'll messege/tag you asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back