• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy TallyHoe's Fantasy/Fairy Tale/Mythology Search! [updated 4/28/17]

sodium

"no more pomegranates!" - demeter
- Introduction -

Hello and good day to whoever is wonderful enough to have clicked onto this thread!

A little about me, I'm 19 years old and a female art student in the East Coast of the US. I specialize in Graphic Design and Computer Science (or at least that's what I tell myself) and have been writing in a creative sense for about a good part of my life. I've been roleplaying for about 4 or 5 years, lurking around the basic sites such as Omegle, tumblr, RP.Me, and now this website!

I take part in multiple band programs at my school that keeps me occupied for about 20+ hours throughout the week. Currently, I'm able to play piano, violin, and trumpet, however, whether I'm good is another question. However, this keeps me rather busy on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. However, the season is coming to an end soon enough and so are classes, so by May I should be free for a while!

- RolePlay Formatting/Information -

For length, I would look for at the very least 5-10 lines. I do prefer about 20+. One liners are a bit of a turn-off for me. Proper grammar and all is a big preference of mine. This includes spelling, separating paragraphs, proper capitalization, etc. I usually write two paragraphs for a single reply to a roleplay, but my replies will always depend on what I'm given to reply to. Writing in the third person is a must for me. It's the only thing I'm really nitpicking about.

Pairings are possibly where I'm my most flexible after plots. I can do M/M, F/M, and F/F. However, for most M/F I tend to play the female better than the male depending on the pairings. So, please don't expect me to play the male there. But everything else I'm game for.

For these plot ideas, I prefer to use mostly original characters (unless mythology) but I intend to use the same general idea of the plot. I plan to explore these ideas more in depth with a person with twists and turns and creative ideas. With that said, I do not plan to follow along with the usual plot much. I just want to use inspiration from these stories. If there are two roles mentioned, the one in italics is the role I prefer to play.

- Fairy Tales/Mythology -

If there is not a certain fairy tale listed, please don't be afraid to ask! I only put the somewhat general ones here. I'm more than happy to explore other fairy tales!

Hades/Persephone

I'd love to do something with this story! Hades and Persephone have so many interpretations. There seems to be almost endless possibilities with this. We could create our own retelling back in ancient Greece. Or even some a little more modern? We could change some details to the original story and see where it takes us or add things even! If you are unfamiliar with the story, this is one of my favorite version here.
Bluebeard

Basically, same as above! Would love to create some original characters maybe for this. Some changes to the story, go more in depth. Have fun with the time period as well perhaps! If you are unfamiliar with the story, you can find a good version here.
Specific Role Ideas:
Bluebeard x First Wife
Last Wife
x Bluebeard
Detective x Bluebeard
Suspicious Lord/Lady x Bluebeard
King Arthur

In a land full of mythical beings, a Prince rises to become King. Surrounded by his noble knights of the round table and his beloved Queen Guinevere. Excalibur in his hand during battle and his court Wizard Merlin at his side. The battle between King Arthur and Mordred. Morgan le Fay's magic throughout the land against her half-brother. All in the land of Camelot. Servants and handmaidens, member's of Arthur's court, Merlin's apprentices, all of this can be explored.
(I also have seen the television show Merlin and have more details of a Merlin specific roleplay here.)
Beauty and the Beast

I've made a whole post for this here.
Specific Role Ideas:
Beauty x Beast
Beast x Beast
Sorceress x Beast
Hunter x Beauty
Hunter x Beast
Beast x Servant
Little Red Riding Hood

I believe we can be creative with this in multiple ways. The normal story is plain but holds enough detail that we could change things, add our own take on it, our own characters. We could add darker aspects to the child's tale, an older Red Riding Hood. Perhaps there is no wolf at all but something more menacing? All of that is open for discussion and more! If you aren't familiar with the story, you can find a version here.
Specific Role Ideas:
Riding Hood x Wolf Character
Hunter x Wolf Character
Wolf Character x Wolf Character
Riding Hood x Hunter
Faust

We could take this in so many different directions. Original characters based on the story, or use the same characters? Faust and Gretchen? Faust and Mephistopheles? There's so much we could do! If you are unfamiliar with the story, there's a good wiki article here.
Specific Role Ideas:
Faust Character x Demon/Satan
Gretchen Character x Faust Character
Faust Character x Faust Character
Gretchen Character x Demon/Satan
Ancestor of Faust x Demon/Satan
Dracula

A vampire holds such powerful ways and a certain human who falls in the way of their sight. The vampire with the power to control, live forever, and more. What do they see in this human that makes them such a valuable target? Large castles and dark forests. Modern era or historical era. Many ways to go with this. Even a Van Helsing character and a Dracula character. If you are unfamiliar with the story, there's a good overview here.
Specific Role Ideas:
Dracula Character x Human
Hunter x Human
Dracula Character x Hunter
Hunter x Hunter
Vampire x Dracula Character
Dracula Character x Werewolf
Dracula Character x Other Supernatural Being
Romeo and Juliet

For this, I really just plan to take small inspirations from Romeo and Juliet. I would love to create two characters from rivaling families. A masquerade where one goes without an invite. What violence and danger will this romance cause? Will the two lovers survive themselves? Will they be torn apart by themselves or by others? Is there a happy ending to all this madness?
Alice in Wonderland

We're all a little mad, what happens when we fall down our own little rabbit hole? What worlds and characters will we discover? What unique situations and creatures surround that world? Is it even a separate world at all? Does everyone think you're mad? What does society see you as?
Mythology

There are so many mythology stories. So many characters, creatures, settings, so much we could explore! I'm the most familiar with Greek mythology, such as Hades and Persephone from above. However, I'd be more than happy to do research on any other mythology.

Please feel free to ask any questions! To contact me with any interest, PM me or a comment should do!

I also have a fandom search request here!
I have a fantasy search here!
I have a historical search here!
I have a modern search here!
I have a Futuristic search here!

Last edited:
Hello! Im really interested in roleplaying with you. I feel like I am a good match for what you are looking for, and I am really interested in your little red riding hood theme. I can write as much as you as I am a mirror roleplayer, so my replies usually match my partners. If I had to make an estimate of how much i can write though, it probably be 3-5 paragraphs! If you're interested, please let me know and i'll pm you and we can discuss ideas there ^^

Hello! Im really interested in roleplaying with you. I feel like I am a good match for what you are looking for, and I am really interested in your little red riding hood theme. I can write as much as you as I am a mirror roleplayer, so my replies usually match my partners. If I had to make an estimate of how much i can write though, it probably be 3-5 paragraphs! If you're interested, please let me know and i'll pm you and we can discuss ideas there ^^

Hello! I'd be more than happy to roleplay with you, especially with a little red riding hood theme. If you have any specific ideas you're looking to use, let me know! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back