Music Talk ukulele to me.

Pine

PK THOT ⚡
Supporter
Any local experts on this instrument? Know any famous ukulele players? Famous ukulele pieces? General insight to the instrument? Highkey considering picking it up and my experience with string instruments is minimal, so any wisdom you people can impart on me would be amazing LOL.

Oh, wowza. I am super duper mega late to this and whatever, but yeah. I play ukulele. Not very well, but I play. I'm more of a steel drums kind of gal~ 

Anyhow, there is a website I use to learn my magical ukulele knowledge called ukeschool. It's pretty neat and has some beginner lessons I started off with, and then get more advance as you complete them. 

I can't think of many famous ukulele players, though. I can think of Vance Joy, but I'm not sure if he plays much. I'm pretty sure his song 'Riptide' uses the ukulele - which was pretty simple to learn, by the way. Then there's Grace Vanderwalt, a little girl who writes her own songs on the ukulele. She won America's Got Talent with it. So, yeah, there you go. :^)

I don't really play ukelele, but I do play it occasionally in traditional groups because it's my alternative to a banjo (not a good alternative but I can't afford another instrument right now)

I usually play guitar, violin and piano.

Well, I basically just moved my guitar skills into ukelele (of course still minding the major differences)

And I don't really know any really good ukelele players other than my senior, Annie who plays banjo, ukelele and violin, and my guitar teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back