• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tales of Amaris- OOC!

Characters
Here

Critical.Over

Critically over you
Hi everyone. This is an OOC, do whatever you want so long as it’s legal

And if it’s illegal just make sure no one is watching...

SilverSentinal SilverSentinal Nephalem Nephalem RatKing RatKing ConfirmedLurker ConfirmedLurker Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Donut Fret Donut Fret Zariel Zariel JAMN JAMN the scribe the scribe Danoram Danoram Xio Xio Kaimont Kaimont

Here’s what’s gonna happen guys. Everyone tagged above, you guys can make characters once I get the thread up which should be in like a day or two cause I want to finish my characters first.

After you’ve all made characters I’ll pick out the six I like most and unfortunately I’ll have to reject the rest of you, in my experience extremely large groups tend to fail no matter how good the host is. And I’m probably not a good host so there’s that too lol. If the characters are just way too good to cut I might be able to push that number to a max of seven or eight players but that’s it.

Thank you all for your interest : ) hope we can all have fun keeping the peace in our time!

Last edited:
You can think of it as a challenge if you want... so long as it’s still fun making the character and not stressing you out...

I’m glad you think so. So to ask the important questions with this, though I’m sure they’ll be addressed with the character sheets, I just wanted to try and get a head start with concepts with the What is and what isn’t allowed...

“Many races exist side by side...” You mentioned this in the OOC of your introduction. What are the limits to the races we can play? I’m sure you don’t want to see people who play massive dragons that enjoy rampaging your average village, but realistically, what is crossing the line?

“...where magic is common...” Clearly this means mages exist in familiarity, but what is the extent to our strengths or aspects of magic? Do the people of Amaris have a specific way magic works? Are some born with magic and others not? Are those with magic born with a capacity for certain kinds like fire aspects or ice, etc, or are all magic users capable of using any magic?

What kind of country is Amaris? What type of government is it? Is it necessarily a powerful nation or simply the current one with problems? What kind of biome was it built in? Does it have a wide range or is the nation small enough to fit in one general location?

What is the extent our characters can be? Can they be nobles? Royal advisers? Travelers from an unknown land? What’s the limit as to how far this can go?

I’m sorry if this seems like a lot perhaps too fast, I’m just trying to get a little better of an understanding of the world you’ve created, since it’s piqued my interest and I want to participate.

I’m glad you think so. So to ask the important questions with this, though I’m sure they’ll be addressed with the character sheets, I just wanted to try and get a head start with concepts with the What is and what isn’t allowed...

“Many races exist side by side...” You mentioned this in the OOC of your introduction. What are the limits to the races we can play? I’m sure you don’t want to see people who play massive dragons that enjoy rampaging your average village, but realistically, what is crossing the line?

“...where magic is common...” Clearly this means mages exist in familiarity, but what is the extent to our strengths or aspects of magic? Do the people of Amaris have a specific way magic works? Are some born with magic and others not? Are those with magic born with a capacity for certain kinds like fire aspects or ice, etc, or are all magic users capable of using any magic?

What kind of country is Amaris? What type of government is it? Is it necessarily a powerful nation or simply the current one with problems? What kind of biome was it built in? Does it have a wide range or is the nation small enough to fit in one general location?

What is the extent our characters can be? Can they be nobles? Royal advisers? Travelers from an unknown land? What’s the limit as to how far this can go?

I’m sorry if this seems like a lot perhaps too fast, I’m just trying to get a little better of an understanding of the world you’ve created, since it’s piqued my interest and I want to participate.

I’ll do my best to answer your questions, though to be honest I actually haven’t given much thought to some of them, mostly the last few.

Regarding races, typical DnD races like elves, dwarves, orcs and the like are all fine. You can make your own race up as far as I’m concerned, just so long as it isn’t stupidly OP and is somewhat humanoid in shape. Also for the sake of the lore and story, I say you definitely can’t make any character that is a demon or an angel by race. I’ve made up a few races myself, including tiny plant like creatures that “bond” to armour sets and control them as if they were bodies of their own. So really let your imagination go wild if you want, just keep those stats in check lol.

As for magic, it’s quite different in Amaris than it typically is in fantasy worlds I think. Magic is always genetic, think of it like the mutant gene in X-men or like quirks in My Hero Academia. It allows for a variety of abilities. Some passive, like extreme healing factor, some active, like elemental manipulation/creation (fire, ice etc. Though I’d say one element per character if this was the route you were going to go down). Of course, some people are born without a magical ability. I’m pretty leaninet with whatever ability you wanna have, again just nothing OP. One of my characters (Azura), for example, has a kind of reworked (overall nerfed) version of deconstruction alchemy from Fullmetal Alchemist. I do have a few miscellaneous restrictions though:

1. No time control stuff, it’s either OP in some roundabout way or stupidly underpowered. There is never an in between and that sucks.

2. No mind control/influencing whatever, it invites god-modding which also sucks.

Aside from that, stick whatever you want on that CS and I’ll tell you if it’s okay.

I don’t have a map of Amaris, it’s unlikely I’ll make one cause I suck at those things. I’ve always thought of it as a relatively small circular island of a nation split up into three different main provinces, each one ruled by a different leader with different styles of leading. Essentially one is democratic, another is autocratic and the final one is the smallest and weakest province that is being manipulated by the two larger provinces to ally with them. That’s the whole “rising tensions” but I mentioned in the note. In terms of biomes most of the country is meadows, forests, lakes, beaches and caves. Amaris is highly populated so many cities and towns dotted about the place too. Maybe there is the odd desert somewhere but probably no ice or volcanic regions.

For your last questions, I’ve honestly not paid much mind to it. Nobles and royal members are probably fine, though you might not want to be a king or a princess or whatever. Maybe like 18th in line for the throne or whatever lol. Traveller from unknown land is fine too, so long as you have a viable reason for wanting to join the team you’re good.

So there you have it, the messy version of my lore tab lol. Hopefully I’ve provided some of the info you wanted, as you can see I’m quite leanient with it all. I prefer to see variety in characters with a setting like this.

Last edited:
Weed out the weak, raise up the strong. Not strong as in OP, but strongly written. I like this system. I need to remember this. I accept.

would it be ok if one's character is from another dimension but still human
Critical.Over Critical.Over

Uhh, good question. Sounds a bit out there to me, but if you could elaborate to me on how you wanted the whole interdimensional travel to work then maybe I'll allow it.

What part of the character relies on them being from another dimension? Would the character still work if they were just from another country? Cause I'm 100% fine with being from another country.

Uhh, good question. Sounds a bit out there to me, but if you could elaborate to me on how you wanted the whole interdimensional travel to work then maybe I'll allow it.

What part of the character relies on them being from another dimension? Would the character still work if they were just from another country? Cause I'm 100% fine with being from another country.
can i PM or...

Okay everyone

SilverSentinal SilverSentinal Nephalem Nephalem RatKing RatKing ConfirmedLurker ConfirmedLurker Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Donut Fret Donut Fret Zariel Zariel JAMN JAMN the scribe the scribe Danoram Danoram Xio Xio Kaimont Kaimont

I’ve got the character thread open and my two characters posted. I’ve done my character sheets in character cause I just find it more fun that way, helps me get into how they’d speak and all that. You can fill the CS in character too if you want to, I think it’d be cool if you did. If you really don’t wanna though then I have no problem either way.

I apologise in advance for any typos I swear they’re always there no matter how many times I proof read...

Looking forward to seeing your ideas!

Critical.Over Critical.Over You may want to change the color of your text in the sheets. They're too bright.

Also, can we include/use a sheet using BBCode for like tabs and things or would you prefer your CS style? Just want to make sure.

I always forget to change it to black sorry

You can do BBCode if you want, I’m fine with whatever, just fill the categories is all I want

Mind if I could ask what the 3 kingdoms names are? And whether or not I can just make a up a town/city/garrisons name up for backstorys sake? If its already said somewhere ignore me '^u^ Critical.Over Critical.Over

Haha, I normally go for characters who are strong but I think I'm going to take a different route this time. Kind of excited for it.

Also, do you have the background available to set as an attachment so we can use it too?

Oh! And what font is each of the topic headers?

I woke up and there are almost 4 characters posted on the thread already and wow you guys work way faster than I do...

Mind if I could ask what the 3 kingdoms names are? And whether or not I can just make a up a town/city/garrisons name up for backstorys sake? If its already said somewhere ignore me '^u^ Critical.Over Critical.Over

Autocratic: Podecracia
Democratic: Votodores
The weak one: Niconflito

You can make up town names as much as you like.

Also, do you have the background available to set as an attachment so we can use it too?

Oh! And what font is each of the topic headers?
If you wanna use the paper back ground I used you're gonna have to employ some BBcode.
Just type in: [Pirnt] Text goes here [/pirnt]

If you actually spell print correctly both times it'll look like this:
Text goes here

The font I used for the headers is Courgette

Odd, I didn't get a notif that the CS is up. In any case, I'll get to work on my CS, sorry for the delay if you've been waiting.

Same really. Some job-related stuff came up, but I'll have mine ready tomorrow afternoon EST

When do you plan to have a lore page up? I also did not get a notification on the CS, but I'll check it out to see what clues I can find out about the lore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back