Take Back the Crown

"Hear, hear." Dorian muttered under his breath at Hjalmar's last comment. It was much too true, even in his own past. "Let's make sure to avoid the Jarl, just in case. Though I'm still tempted to see how many pockets I might empty." He spoke up slightly louder so that the other thief and Oceana would hear. The familiar then frowned. "Or stick some random trash in pockets. Damn that lawful mage." Dorian added before aiming a quick glare at Garrett.

Garrett, meanwhile, was trying to avoid people, following at the back of the group, though he did walk closer to Yaroslav after watching him nearly take a trip down the stairs. It would be best to make sure nobody in the group died by braining themselves against the floor.
"How fast do you think we can find a way to escape this gala?" He asked Yaroslav only half-jokingly.
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77

"I thought you said you hadn't danced for decades. Liar." Kacel'la grinned brightly at Bo as she spun away and came back, following the steps of the dance. "Where did you even learn?"
soundofmind soundofmind

Bo smirked as they moved gracefully around the dance-floor. "In my late twenties to early thirties I did a lot of things. I learned how to dance from my girlfriend at the time. When that broke off I... well. After that I just I got better at dancing as a means to an end: to get laid. Among other things. Which feels weird to say, because I'm really a completely different person than I was back then."

L1d1ja L1d1ja

A mischievous grin spread on Hjalmar's face, "I mean... he said I'd go to the gallows if I was caught stealing. He didn't say anything about stuffing trash in pockets. I'm fairly certain there's no law against that." As they entered the large dome-like room, filled with pretty people in even prettier attire, Hjalmar just imagined their pockets full of trash and food and snickered, "This is prime time to do it." He whispered to Dorian, "Our lovely Jarl is currently distracted by Svetlana." He gestured to the old coots twirling around on the dance floor.

Yaroslav roughly pulled away from the guards fussing over him and grunted, "Perhaps I could fall for real this time and be sent to the infirmary." Yaroslav suggested dead serious, "Worst case scenario, I'd be dead. But anything would be better than this."
L1d1ja L1d1ja

"I dare you." Dorian whispered back, the grin on his face promising disaster to anyone who knew him. Luckily Garrett and Kacel'la were distracted, so nobody came over to stop him from plotting. "Or how about a game? A point for any pocket you stick something in, ten if it's the Jarl. Winner gets... Eh, I'll think of something." He then smirked. "Also ten if you take stuff from one person and hide it on another. Twenty if it causes a scene down the road."

"Think bigger, go out with style. I'd aim for a window." Garrett replied in the same tone one would use to discuss the weather.
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Kacel'la couldn't help but hum in agreement. "Well, I'm much the same. Easy way to catch a girl's eyes. Or a guy's. Whoever's more interesting."
soundofmind soundofmind

Hjalmar clasped his hands together, scanning the room for victims, "You're on." He said to the familiar before striding over to a fancy pristine table covered with a silky cloth that was covered in rows upon rows of sparkling food. He took a small plate and a fork, eyeing for the messiest desert he could find. One dish caught his attention in particular, a jelly filled savarin, it's insides oozing onto the plate, completely lathered in wildberry syrup. Hjalmar looked around and cut a slice of his own. He turned and noticed the Jarl watching him from afar, so the boy took a bite and gave him a cheeky thumbs up. The Jarl simply rolled his eyes and continued chatting with Svetlana and a couple of other nobles. Hjalmar left the fork in his mouth and quickly dumped the plate of delish into a woman's massive coin purse.
Hjalmar returned to Dorian, patting his belly and making a fake burp, "Boy, that hit the spot." He joked, placing the plate on a table next to him, "Your turn." He gave the familiar a wink, perhaps tonight wasn't going to be as bad as he thought.

Yaroslav chuckled, "You know, I wouldn't actually mind doing that." After saying that, an idea popped into his head, "... Actually... maybe we could stage something. I hurt myself, you drag me back, everybody's happy." It may have sounded like he was joking, considering he wasn't the scheming type, but he was dead serious.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

Oceana grinned at the idea of the thieves’ budding plot. She would let them declare their bets against each other and simply watch from afar. She wasn’t familiar with playing tricks on the human gentry, as were the other two. And, despite all the animosity she wished to direct at the knight commander, she didn’t want the woman heckling her on her name day. Still, looking at the room of richly garbed strangers before her made the silk of her dress feel itchy all of a sudden. She made to trail after Hjalmar and Dorian until she heard Yaroslav remarking how he was plotting to leave the gala.
The huntress sidled up and snickered.
“You’re leaving already? I never took you for a quitter, bear boy.”
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Yaroslav grunted, turning away from the elf, "Attacking my pride so I'll stay. Very clever." He huffed, leaning back into his wheelchair, "You know, you'd actually be surprised but I do know how to dance." He spoke to both Oceana and Garrett who kept him company in the corner, all three with the intent of avoiding meaningless drivel and mingling, "Back in my homeland, Anthor, we'd hold weekly feasts to praise the goddess of life, Frey. That sort of dancing would be considered inappropriate here though, I imagine. But it was far more exciting, colorful, and meaningful." He smiled slightly underneath his ginger beard, reminiscing of the old days before he lost his home.
OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77 L1d1ja L1d1ja

Aggie looked to Ashlar's offered hand and immediately took it, sweeping herself to his side and smiling up to him,"Of course. Ive been waiting for this for the longest time. " leaning up on her toes, she pressed a kiss to his cheek, her eyes closing as she pulled him to the middle of the floor where others were sweeping around in large dresses and smooth movements.
Pulling his hand up to rest of her waist, her gray eyes flicked up to him as she gave a small smile,"I don't quite have the dance everyone else is doing quite down but Ill do my best. Forgive me for any smushed toes that you might acquire." she gave a small laugh as they began to dance about.

The whole time Aggie was grinning, looking up to Ashlar and giving him light chat,"So how many of these gatherings have you been to? You seem to be less anxious than I."

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

"To each their own." Kacel'la nodded, and her eyes scanned the room just in time to see Dorian wear a smirk she knew all too well as Hjalmar went to enact his plan. "Small tip, avoid our two thieves. I think they're making bad decisions." She told Bo.
soundofmind soundofmind

"You just used my plan." Dorian gave a fake pout before he too headed for the table. As he reached for some tart, a couple of small silver spoons vanished, hidden in his sleeve. Then he sidled up to the nearest group of chatting people, all charm and jokes and smiles as he butted into the conversation he knew nothing about. One spoon ended up in the pocket of some old man who looked half asleep on his feet, or possibly quite drunk, while the other was dropped in a purse as he excused himself and walked back to Hjalmar.
"I hope they get caught for stealing silverware." He whispered to the younger thief.

Garrett chuckled at Yaroslav's words. "I'm half-tempted to agree." He told him before Oceana walked up to the two.
"I know dancing in theory, but not in practice. It's not a skill I ever needed. Please do tell if you see Dorian coming this way, he thrives on my embarrassment." The soldier pointed out. He was dead set to avoid the plans that were fleeting half-formed at the back of his mind, courtesy of the link with the familiar. "And you, Oceana, know any dances?" He turned to the huntress.
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77

Bo cocked his head in their direction, and a small grin formed on his face. "Ah. Yes. I'll try not to get caught with them." He looked back at Kacel'la with a smile.

"But you and Dorian are friends... I have a feeling you may have joined him in similar mischievous pursuits?"

L1d1ja L1d1ja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back