• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Tabs Question - is this possible?

pookie

pookie is missing!
Roleplay Type(s)
so i've been trying to figure out how to code tabs for like
a whole day and a half now which in the grand scheme of things isn't like, too long
but it feels like a long time LOL

and i'm starting to feel like the thing i want to do isn't possible
if it is, i am more than happy to keep toiling away until i figure out how to make it work, i don't expect anyone to do the work for me omg tab coding is. hellish. (at least in my limited experience aklsjhg)

i just want to know if what i want to do is even possible with rpn's code system, or if i'm just bashing my head against a wall pointlessly LOL

so what i want to do is this, basically:

lxyHT5q.gif

HoHgIFH.png

i want to do stacked tabs on the left side of some body text, and i want the buttons to be long images that have some space to breathe between each other

all three of those things i have struggled with independently but i know it's possible to stack tabs (i just have yet to figure out how to make them stack while also still showing the body text aslkdhjfg), i know it's possible to make tab buttons images (but making them long and/or large images that float overtop of the buttons instead of being confined inside the button's dimensions i have yet to figure out), and i'm sure it's somehow possible to put space between the tab buttons so that the images don't end up overlapping, but that i have yet to figure aksjdfg

again i don't expect anyone to just hand me extremely complex code i just
wanna know if it's possible or if i'm wasting my own time

thank you thank you for taking a look, and i hope everyone's having a good day 🌸

hi! it's definitely possible; i cover a few of the things you're looking for in my semi-outdated mini-tabs tutorial here, which you can see if it helps you at all

otherwise, there are some things you'd have to compromise on, such as having the button images be transparent, as they would probably show the tab buttons underneath unless they were large enough both height and width-wise, but you can work around it by adding a background to your code and covering the original tab buttons with that instead. hope this helps (´꒳`)♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back