• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Swear words

Why is dick, I'm uncultured, shit, twat, bastard raping shitdick two fuck eyed wanker allowed, but not the c word? 

WARNING, A LOT OF SWEARING.

As stated before in previous questions threads, the 'c' word is considered a "racial" slur.  Words such as dick, shit, twat, and bastard, are not.  The 'f' word which may refer to someone who is homosexual is also part of the filtered list (I am assuming that is what you had tried to type).

People on RpNation are expected to use their best judgement.  They are giving you the freedom to use language that may suit a specific situation in a roleplay, but you should never use these words to insult someone on this site or elsewhere.

As stated before in previous questions threads, the 'c' word is considered a "racial" slur.  Words such as dick, shit, twat, and bastard, are not.  The 'f' word which may refer to someone who is homosexual is also part of the filtered list (I am assuming that is what you had tried to type).

People on RpNation are expected to use their best judgement.  They are giving you the freedom to use language that may suit a specific situation in a roleplay, but you should never use these words to insult someone on this site or elsewhere.

wait. the C-word's a racial slur? Are we thinking of the same C-word?

Yes, on this site, that is how it is described.  I am not the main source of this information.  These questions are best directed to the staff team, specifically the administration.

It's not a racial slur, but merely a slur in general. One that's usually taken at a far higher degree than calling someone a bitch. I notice most people that use it to insult someone reserve it specifically for those who are raising the bar for being an asshole or whatever category the person using the name deems them a part of. Just as the derogatory term for homosexuals is also not technically a racial slur but a slur in general, so is this.

Same. As long as it's in character swearing/slurring in ok with it but when somone starts slurring somone OOC is when I start having issues. Luckily I've never dealt with that.

Seems kind of weird to arbitrarily decide that calling someone a twat isn't the same as calling them a cu-cu-continous source of inspiration. All these words are ones you'd never used with your mom around and certainly words which don't carry any sort of positive feeling to them, so what's the criteria for that one in general? I can understand The, N word, because there's a lot of racial background for such a word. But what particular reason is there for censoring the use of a particular way of calling someone a vagina?

Just now, Bacon is fluffy said:

Seems kind of weird to arbitrarily decide that calling someone a twat isn't the same as calling them a cu-cu-continous source of inspiration. All these words are ones you'd never used with your mom around and certainly words which don't carry any sort of positive feeling to them, so what's the criteria for that one in general? I can understand The, N word, because there's a lot of racial background for such a word. But what particular reason is there for censoring the use of a particular way of calling someone a vagina?

I don't think that I can answer your question.  All I understand is that these specific words are categorized in a way and are prohibited.  You're probably better off asking one of the admins. :)

I don't think that I can answer your question.  All I understand is that these specific words are categorized in a way and are prohibited.  You're probably better off asking one of the admins. :)

I'll just wait for darky to show up then. Not particularly interested as I don't use those words even as a villian,but hey as long as I can spam fuck shit tits, it's all good.

this question was already answered in this thread.

to stop getting notifications from a thread, just click the large 'following' button at the top right of the thread. @Asperix0

Last edited by a moderator:
2 minutes ago, Asperix0 said:

Guys can you please end this thread? I'm being spammed to hell. Thx

-Asperix0

You can unfollow the thread yourself.  The 'Follow' button is in the upper right hand corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back