• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Survival Doll

Fus ro dah

Lorekeeper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Role Play Rating:

• T- Teen (13 and up)

Role Play Status:

Open - Accepting

(This roleplay is based on one of my own WIP novels.)

8B7GfZM.gif

Those were the words roughly spraypainted on the front of the metal safe that hung precariously from the tilted street lamp, the glass of the lamp shattered a while ago now. No one knew who made them, they just seemed to appear around the crumbling city during the night. They were highly sought after and it was not uncommon for blood to be spilled if someone saw you with one. Most of the remaining population had no idea what the dolls were for and simply ignored them, for who would want a crudely hand stitched doll in a world where you had to fight just to survive?

Even after two years there were still treasures to be found in the abandoned houses, especially the ones with basements and bomb shelters that had yet to be found. It was scary how quickly people had turned on each other when the end was in plain sight, when it wasn’t just the religious nuts who were running around crying about the Apocalypse. The reason behind it was still completely mind-blowing. All it had taken was one man to break the world.

One single megalomaniac who had simply wanted to rule the world. He had warned the population with his threats and had tried to convert followers with his promises. Of course a group had followed him blindly and assisted in spreading his threats. They were all dead now though, his plan had completely backfired. He had his minions set off some kind of pulse across the world, but something had gone array and the sky had been left a sickly green colour.

There had been no rain for many months, the temperature had remained mild and slowly the clouds had darkened until they finally broke. That rain had been poisonous and had killed the weak and sick, human and animal alike. After the rain the earthquakes had crumbled towns and cities, leaving ruins in their wake. More people had died that day, crushed by falling debris or swallowed by the ground. Bob ‘Robert’ Napoleon had been one of those killed when the ground had opened up and swallowed him, his home and his minions.

A lot of people had been disappointed that day, all their plans to storm the mansion had been thwarted by nature.

.SpoilerTarget" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 30px; border-width: 0px; border-top-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-top-left-radius: 2px; border-top-right-radius: 2px; border-bottom-right-radius: 2px; border-bottom-left-radius: 2px; outline: none; cursor: pointer; -webkit-box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0980392) 0px -2px 0px inset; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0980392) 0px -2px 0px inset; -webkit-appearance: none; height: 30px; color: rgb(102, 102, 102) !important; background-color: rgb(226, 226, 226);">Spoiler: The Ruins

What the dolls look like inside the safe (minus the noose).

What the sky looks like.

destroyed_city_skyline_posters-rb0db2d788bcb48d48ee6dc699ca40fb3_f0v0l_8byvr_512.jpg

• Follow the site's rules of course.
  • Please no one liners.
  • Please keep things (within reason) realistic. If you get attacked, don't dodge every move, etc.
  • No controlling other peoples characters.
  • No Mary Sues/Gary Stus
  • Be nice to the English language. Spelling errors happen, but please try and spell check.
  • Roleplaying among yourselves is encouraged, but when major events happen, pay attention.
  • Humans only, no powers.
  • No anime pictures, drawings or photos are fine.
  • Tag me if you find and decide to take a Survival Doll and I will PM you with more details. There are only six spread across the city randomly. They are replaced once every 2 weeks.
  • Have fun!
  • Character death may happen in this game. Killing each other must be accepted by both parties.
  • If you have read the overview, remember that only a very small number of vehicles have been fixed to work again and having a working vehicle makes you a glaring target for gangs or individuals.

“It’s been two years, Mark. Two. Can you believe it?”

Two figures moved along the empty streets, the sounds of their footsteps dulled by the grass that had steadily been covering the asphalt and the concrete. One of them was pulling a makeshift cart behind him that was currently empty so they moved at a decent pace.

“I couldn’t believe it the last five times you asked me, Ethan.” Mark grunted.

Ethan mocked hurt, placing his hand over his heart. “You wound me, brother. I was just trying to make conversation.”

“If I wanted conversation, I wouldn’t talk to you.”

The redhead, Ethan, sighed. “Who pissed in your coffee?”

Mark didn’t respond and continued to pull the empty cart through the street, keeping his attention on the road ahead. He and his younger brother had never really gotten along, and after the world had pretty much ended, things between them didn’t change. Ethan suspected it was because his sibling really did care about him but was too manly to show it, Mark had never told him the real reason behind it.

“Man, I really need to find some new clothes.” Ethan poked at the many holes in his shirt and his pants. “Something flashy would be nice, maybe a suit… or even just something that’s not full of holes.”

“Is that why you came with me?” Mark stopped in his tracks and gave his brother a withering glare.

“Not at all. I really just wanted to spend time with you.” He wasn’t very convincing.

“Liar.”

“Fine. You caught me.” Ethan raised his hands in surrender for a moment before dropping them back to his sides. “Come on, you can’t expect me to work looking like this. Can you?”

The brunette grumbled something unintelligible in response as he started to move forwards again, and Ethan knew he wouldn’t get Mark to repeat what he just said. He probably wouldn’t like what he’d not heard anyway. The younger quickly caught up with the cart and walked beside it, sorely tempted to clamber in and be lazy. Temptation won and he hopped inside, sitting cross legged on the flat metal base. It wasn’t the most comfortable, but it sure beat all this walking.

“Ethan…”

“My legs are sore.”

There was a long pause, and an audible sigh. “Five minutes and then you get out.”

The younger grinned broadly and lent back against the mesh, but made sure to keep his eyes open for anything interesting… or dangerous. Even after two years there were still treasures to be found in the abandoned houses, especially the ones with basements and bomb shelters that had yet to be found. It was scary how quickly people had turned on each other when the end was in plain sight, when it wasn’t just the religious nuts who were running around crying about the Apocalypse.

Ethan remembered when it happened and the reason behind it was still completely mind-blowing. All it had taken was one man to break the world. One single megalomaniac who had simply wanted to rule the world. He had warned the population with his threats and had tried to convert followers with his promises. Of course a group had followed him blindly and assisted in spreading his threats. They were all dead now though, his plan had completely backfired. He had his minions set off some kind of pulse across the world, but something had gone array and the sky had been left a sickly green colour.

There had been no rain for many months, the temperature had remained mild and slowly the clouds had darkened until they finally broke. That rain had been poisonous and had killed the weak and sick, human and animal alike. After the rain the earthquakes had crumbled towns and cities, leaving ruins in their wake. More people had died that day, crushed by falling debris or swallowed by the ground. Bob ‘Robert’ Napoleon had been one of those killed when the ground had opened up and swallowed him, his home and his minions. A lot of people had been disappointed that day, all their plans to storm the mansion had been thwarted by nature.

“Five minutes are up. Get out.” The cart had stopped moving.

Ethan pouted at Mark before he climbed out and stretched, grinning wickedly as he trotted to stand beside the brunette. “Sooo, Ally said you visited her last night…”

Mark’s brilliant blue eyes narrowed to slits as he grabbed Ethan’s shirt collar, his nose almost touching Ethan’s. “Don’t. Say. Another. Word.”

Ethan pushed himself away from Mark with a snorting chuckle, his hands smoothing the dirty, hole-ridden material. “Hah! Hypocrite!”

“I told you not to say another word!” Mark snarled, snatching a rock from the ground and hurling it towards the redhead.

The rock whizzed past Ethan’s face and he stopped his laughter, slowly turning his head to stare at his brother. “That could have hit me, you know.”

“It was meant to.” Mark was already moving on.

Ethan stood and stared after the other for a few moments before he trotted after him, falling into step beside him. “C’mon, how could I not say anything after that? You’re always in my face about my work and then you…”

“It’s not real work.” The brunette grunted. “How does being a whore benefit our survival?”

The redhead stared hard at Mark and scowled. “You tell me, you’re the one that paid for Ally’s company last night.”

“I…” Mark’s mouth remained open for a moment, then it closed.

“Exactly.” Ethan nodded. “Anyway, I’m out here helping you search for supplies. I don’t just screw people for money.”

“You’re helping? So far all you’ve done is talk.”

“I can still look while I talk.” Ethan waved a dismissive hand. “Anyway, haven’t we got a while before we get there?”

“If you used those eyes you claim to be using, you’d see we’re almost there.”

The apartment building they had been tasked to check for supplies towered ahead of them, chunks of wall missing and only one or two windows weren’t shattered. Vines were climbing the walls, wrapping around and snaking through the holes and cracks. It almost looked like some piece of modern art from before the apocalypse. Too bad it was reality.

“I have a list of things to look out for, you just… grab whatever you think looks good and stay out of trouble.” Mark called over his shoulder as they worked together to drag the cart inside and out of view from the outside.

“How long until we meet back here?”

“Thirty minutes, just watch your back little brother.”

Ethan was caught momentarily off guard by the fact the Mark just sounded like he actually cared, but the moment passed and he decided he was going to see how many floors up he could get. Logically the lower floor rooms were probably pretty well picked over.

He hurried up the stairs and made it three levels before he had to carefully climb up and over a section of wall that had fallen and blocked the staircase. It looked safe enough and he crawled over the bricks, his heart pounding in his chest. Only once his feet were on the floor did he relax.

The next three floors were fine, amazingly enough. A little squeaky in places, but still intact. It was really dusty up here, apparently no one had been on the fifth floor for a long time. The stairs to the sixth floor seemed completely impassible, at least to him. Mark might have been able to get up there, but he wasn’t here.

Hopefully he could find some kind of bag, he had forgotten to grab something from the camp. Ethan padded down the hall, passing the open doors and stopping at one of the few that were closed. He reached for the handle and paused, caution reminding them that there might be someone hiding inside.

He pressed his ear to the door and held his breath, listening for any sounds of life from within. It was quiet, so it might be safe enough. He gripped the dusty handle and twisted it, frowning when it stopped part way. Locked. Great. He had no idea how to pick a lock and his thin frame would probably do very little against a door.

“Mark!” He called down over the railing. “I found a locked door!”

Oh, right. He was five floors up. Mark probably couldn’t even hear him very well. Perhaps if he was lucky, one of the adjoining walls would have a hole he could get through. That locked door was going to bug him until he saw what was hidden behind it. The door to the right was unlocked and it swung open, revealing a dark, dusty room. It had been ransacked a while ago from the look of all the upturned furniture, opened doors and draws. To Ethan’s dismay, the adjoining wall was fully intact.

He could climb out onto the balcony and see if he could get in that way… if the balcony wasn’t broken outside. The redhead swore under his breath as he went to the apartment on the other side, only to find that one was locked as well.

“Fuck it.”

He spoke to no one in particular as he backed up against the far wall and stared the door down for a few moments. Steeling himself, he charged forwards and slammed his shoulder into the wood with an almighty thud. The door remained firmly closed, and Ethan stumbled back gripping his shoulder with a grimace. That was probably not the smartest thing he’d done today. Gingerly, he stretched his arm out, breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn’t dislocated.

The fact that these two apartments were locked were going to do nothing but bug him until he could get inside and see exactly why they hadn’t been opened yet. He turned and slid down over the section of wall to the lower part of the stairs, making his way down the floors to find Mark. He found his brother on the stairwell, heading to the second floor and bounded over to him, grabbing his shirt and shaking him a little.

“MarkIfoundtwolockedapartmentsandIcan’tgetinside. Help me!”

The brunette raised a brow at the wavy-haired whore and untangled his fingers from his shirt. “Try again. Slowly.” He sighed.

Ethan took half a step back and rolled himself onto his toes. “I found two locked apartments and I can’t get inside them. Come and help me. There’s got to be a reason for it.”

Mark nodded. “How far up? The ground floor was a total waste of time.”

“Fifth floor, I didn’t dare try and climb up to the sixth.” Ethan turned and headed back upstairs, his brother in tow. “The room to the left was open, but it’s empty and the balcony is gone. The one to the right was locked, I tried to knock the door down and well… that’s when I came to get you.”

They scaled the blockage to the fifth floor and Ethan stopped outside of the first locked apartment, pointing at the door. “That’s the first one. I’m sure you can just…”

Mark did exactly what Ethan didn’t have time to say, the muscular man stormed forwards and kicked the door open with a grunt. A few splinters of wood tumbled to the ground, the handle banging loudly against the wall inside the building. The sound echoed through the silent building and sent a few birds fluttering from their nests away from the sudden sound.

“I’ll check the one next door, you can have this one.” He stepped aside, waving his younger brother inside. “Remember. Useful things only.”

“I know, I know.” Ethan grumbled as he stepped into the small apartment.

This one looked as if it hadn’t barely been touched since the earthquakes, all the cupboards were closed and most of the draws were as well. Ethan started as he heard Mark kick in the door to the next apartment over and he moved further into the main room. He’d check for supplies after he made sure there wasn’t anything hiding in here, especially since a lot of the creatures had been mutated over the years. Some of them doubled in size, some of the smaller had tripled and almost all of them were highly aggressive. Giant spiders that were pissed off for no reason were one of Ethan’s most common nightmares. He’d hated spiders before they became the size of a medium domestic dog.

He pushed one of the bedroom doors open, he assumed it was a bedroom door, and stepped inside. He didn’t take another step, his eyes widened slightly and he sighed before calling out. “Mark. Do we have time to bury a family?”

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why can I never walk more than a mile without something trying to eat me?" Raven grumbled, pulling her knife out of the still twitching body of a spider. Sighing, she kicked the creature out of her way and continued moving, the crisp air biting at any bare skin.

Jumping over a stream and walking up a hill, she looked out over the edge. Raven could see crumbling apartments to her right, and the continuation of the stream to her left. Stumbling down the hill, she collapsed in a pile next to the stream. "Ahhhhg… So tired. Where am I even going?" She muttered to herself, hauling her body into a sitting position.

The water looked surprisingly clear, but she didn't want to risk it. Last time she'd drank from an un-tested water source, she'd had a fever for days. Slowly, she stood up and looked towards the apartment complex. "Maybe I could find some good stuff in there…" Raven frowned at herself. "And maybe I'll finally stop talking to myself. Though, I guess it's better than talking to inanimate objects…"

Hefting her knife, she made her war towards the apartments, hoping nothing had taken up resident since the last tenants were, ah, evicted. Raven made it close to the apartments, and quickly scanned the general area for spiders or other such creatures. Nothing.

"Why is not seeing anything more worry-some than actually seeing something?" She asked no one in particular, and slowly began her searching through the wreckage, starting on the first floor of one of the buildings. She didn't make any noise, except when some decaying boxes shifted and fell to the ground with a loud clatter. Raven grimaced and waited, hoping nothing or nobody was around to hear that. Bloody boxes had to have had cutlery in them for them to make such a noise.

Hearing a noise, L shifted in the backseat of her hummer. The leather rubbed against her body soothingly, lulling her back to sleep. A few seconds of a delayed reaction and she shot upright, her knife quickly being clutched by her fist. Her eyes swept the area. The noise had seemed to come from those apartment buildings on the other side of the street. L grabbed her bow and made her way out of her car as quietly as possible. Her hair tied up in a very messy ponytail, and her clothes wrinkled and dirty. She notched her bow with an arrow, slowly creeping into the building the noise came from.

Maybe she was hearing things? Maybe isolation was starting to get to her? Either way, she needed to find her family and the best way to do that was checking at survivor camps. Shaking the thought off, she turned a corner slowly seeing a girl standing by a pile of bloody boxes. "Don't do anything stupid, I swear I will shoot you." L said calmly, pulling the tension even tighter.

Travis was walking around, and suddenly oddly saw a woman with a bow and arrow by a bunch of bloody boxes. Why in the world would someone be in a place like that? was what raced through his mind. Travis looked around to see if there were any more people, maybe even watching him. His glasses where blurring up so he took them off of his head. Now he was as blind as a bat, well bats are not really blind. What is up with that saying? He rubbed the lenses with the bottom of his shirt, before gently placing them upon his sweaty head.

He started to move towards the woman. He started to think it was a bad idea to go near a woman with a weapon. Travis did not have any weapons, so bad luck for him. He checked around him every step, not sure if there were spies or anything. Moving quickly, he tried to resist the urge on turning around and running away. Travis turned his head to the left and saw a window in an old building. He saw how much of a mess he looked. He could see slightly through the way that light reflects on window glass.

He made his way up to the armed woman. "Hello..." he said quietly.

"Hello..."

L's attention was split and she took a step back so she could see both the girl and the strange boy who said Hello to her. Obviously he wasn't much of a threat. She thought for a moment, he could be a threat posing like he wasn't a threat. But he was just a kid. L eyed him curiously,

"You pick bad times to interrupt things don't you?" L found it slightly amusing that this kid seemed oblivious to the fact that she had an arrow pointed at another girl's back.

Lee-Ann gave a heavy sigh as she stared out at the demolished city. She stood outside just inside the entrance of what used to be the mall with her hands on her hips. She was mad at The Leader. Once again, she had been passed over to go out and scout. Instead, they chose Mark, which wasn't really a surprise to her. He was suited for those kinds of tasks. But to send Ethan with him? Now that was just bad leadership. The man was known for his 'messing around' and wasn't all that great at the whole scouting thing.

I may be a woman, but I am so a better choice for the job...

She turned her back on the city and made her way to what used to be the Bath and Bodyworks. With its counter space, it was the easiest to clean and keep sterile.

But nooooo. Im way too valuable as a doctor. Its too dangerous for a woman. Yet every time I go out, im unscathed.

She huffed and tied her hair back, walking over to the prone body that occupied one of the counters. The swelling on his leg had gone down significantly, but he was still out cold and the bites were a sickly green color. The poor bastard hadn't seen it coming, and unfortunately, the large arachnid was poisonous. She was doing everything, but at this rate, the leg may have to come off, and there went his scavenging days.

However, she could just decide when to take it off on her own.

Stupid rules...

Scott eyed the people with distrust. First it was the two men with their makeshift cart. You would think that they would have learned to keep it down as to not attract any creatures. Then came a woman. Well, she looked more like a little girl. Loud noises came from the building shortly after, causing him to cringe. Then, to his surprise...and horror.... another woman walked in after, toting a crossbow.

Seriously...?

And the cherry on his fucked up sundae was the young man who walked in after.

"I must be going crazy. Its the only explanation for there being so many people at once in the same fucking building..."

With a groan, he used the palms of his hands to push himself up to sit back on his knees from the laying position he had been in. His stomach and chest were thankful to not have the pressure of the cement of the roof on them anymore. The sniper he had set up sat idle as he observed the building from the top of his gas station.

What in the hell is in there that would attract so many people?

The sound of screaming filled the air inside of the warehouse. These where not screams of fear but blood choking screams of the dying. A girl wearing block goggles walked up to the scene to watch as the man choke on his blood. His back had rusty pipes impaled into his back. She pulled on of the pipes out of his back and jammed it into his hand. "It is your fault you know. Can you not R.E.A.D." mocked Riven. The man cough out blood in an attempt to scream in more pain. "My gank will kill you..." This was the 5 threat she received that pass 3 days. Her lab was running out of traps, food, and materials. At this rate the man threat might at mean something, and her safety was not something she was gonna sacrifice for a bit of cockiness. "Your gang... They won't find me... not here," she respond to the man with an uneasiness in her voice, "This place, is very dangerous too all but Riven." She pulled another pipe out his back and Pierce his leg. "A honey for the flies, only to glue them to their Deaths." The blood lost in the man was starting to take affect on him. "My friend Betty, she has an Explosive personality, she loves when people crowd around her Then she shares her warm with the world. he he he. I will not make it easy to get to Betty, My other friends will protect her, slowing down the crazies, and when they make it in, they will find nothing for i will be GONE." Then she pulled out her blade and stabbed the guy in his neck.

The next hour she spent putting her most important tools inside her side cart hooked up to her motorcycle. she stored her rations in her backpack and attacked her batteries the are vehicle. Then she reset all of her traps and added a few more. she poured some gasoline into Betty the flame thrower and hugged her Then she road out a back door. The cries dozens of men flooded the air around the mansion. She did not laugh or giggled. Tears ran down her face, the weight of countless lives fell on her shoulders. She prayed for the souls of the newly departed and rode into the city. "I have to find a new place to hide."

"Oh sorry," Travis said lifting his hands into the air, "Don't kill me." He backed away slowly hoping that the woman would not murder him. "I...I..." he could not finish what he was trying to say. What the heck should I do? was the only thought in this mind at the sheer moment. He was not worrying about a hiding place, just if he was going to die at this moment or not. Death or life? He had no choice of the matter.

He honestly had no idea what to do besides back away slowly, his feet shifting at the hard ground.

In the dark and solitary confines of his home, the word home being used very loosely, Robert Marks sat on an old worn out mattress, his back against the wall, feet stretched out in front of him, and a book in hand. Down bellow the surface of a ruined world, full of suffering, pain, and anger, Robert felt safe. His home, again using the term very loosely, was completely concealed from the outside world, appearing as no more than a pile of rubble. On the inside, it was a single room, just tall enough for Robert to sit up in, and wide enough for a worn mattress, a few boxes of supplies, and a dozen candles. Nothing fancy, in fact quite far from it, but still, safe.

Closing the book in hand, and placing it next to the mattress, Robert looked towards the exit-way of his home. He would prefer to stay down bellow today, where it is safe, but he needed more books. You see, Robert has become quite studious in his new life, having little else to do, and has taken a particular liking to reading. Unfortunately, he has just finished his last book, and if he wants to keep reading, needs to find more. A sigh of despair left his body as he crawled over to the exit-way. Reaching out his hand he grabbed his rifle, slung it over his shoulder, and began to crawl up and out of his home, leaving behind the relative safety he has grown so fond of.

Emerging from the pile of rubble, on the side facing away from the street, Robert crawled out into the open, and stood upright onto his feet. He covered his eyes momentarily, as they tried to adjust to the light. Once they had, he observed his surroundings, nothing had changed from the last time he had emerged three days ago. More importantly, there were no people, or signs of people having been around. Still, his eyes slowly shifted side to side before he turned around to cover up the entrance to his home. He clapped the dust and dirt from his hands, adjusted the rifle to a more comfortable position on his shoulder, and began to walk towards the center of the city.

There were a lot more buildings near the center of the ruins, which made it the best direction to go when looking for something. It was more dangerous though, but that was life, at least for Robert anyway. It took him thirty minutes of steady walking to get to a building that showed promise. Three stories high, a balcony on the 2nd and 3rd floor, and the front door still in-tacked and closed. Most of the windows were cracked, but the glass was not completely broken out. To most, this three story condo would look like a waist of time, compared to the large sky scrappers on either side of it, or the grocery store across the street. Robert pulled the clip out of his rifle and checked to make sure it was loaded, something he probably should have done before he left his home. Luckily for him it was loaded.

Robert carefully approached the door to the condo, keeping his eyes on the windows and balconies. He reached the door, and having seen nothing to cause alarm, or even suspicion, that someone might be residing there, he turned the handle of the door and pulled it back. The handle turned just fine, but the door only opened a few inches before catching on something. Robert tried to open it more, but it only opened another inch or two, but it was enough for him to stick his head in and look. The room was pitch black, but nothing seemed to be holding the door. Pulling on the door with all his strength, Robert finally got it to free up, and it swung open. He stepped into the dark room and looked about. Things were hardly disturbed, furniture was still there, and in its proper places, lamps were up right on counters and tables, draws and cupboards were closed, and when opened, still had their original contents. Sadly, no books were anywhere to be seen. Robert headed to the 2nd floor, it was a single large room, with a small bathroom in the corner. Similar to the downstairs room, things seemed to be undisturbed. He walked around the room, looking at things he hadn't seen in a long time, they gave him a nostalgic feeling. Then he saw it, a bookshelf. It was under the far window, it only had one book on it that was in any condition to be read, the others were falling apart, and looked like they could hardly be picked up, let alone handled and read. He grabbed the one good book and flipped it over in his hand to see its title, The Holy Bible.

Robert was not a religious man, and frankly, was a little disappointed that this was the only book in good condition. He turned it over in his hands, not sure if he would take it, or keep looking for something else. As he turned the book over in his hands, pondering what to do with it, he noticed something outside. It was a man, standing in the middle of the street. Robert looked closer, and suddenly a deep fear sunk in. The man he was looking at was not just standing, but looking also, right back at him. Robert now felt like an idiot for standing in plain sight in front of the window. The man was a dreadful sight, he was wearing a an old hockey mask, a red hand print on the face, he had no shirt, and ragged torn pants. In his hand he held a wooden plank, one end of it had a dozen nails hammered into it; he lazily swung the crude weapon around.

Robert backed away from the window and grabbed his rifle from his shoulder. Often times this would intimidate people, scare them away, not many had guns these days. It was no use though, this was no man, no human, not any more, it was the former shell of a human man, now corrupted and vile. His markings showed he was a member of the Flesheaters, a viscous gang with a nasty habit of eating their prisoners. It, the former man, let out a strange and wretched yell, hooting and howling in an odd pattern. The yell echoed in the distance... but it wasn't an echo, it was a response, there were multiple responses, coming from multiple directions. Robert's fear grew, he had no where to run, he was going to have to fight. Not giving it much thought, he stuffed the book he held into his bag, and headed back down the stairs where he planned to make his stand. He walked through the dark room to the front door, and it was there that he stopped. Robert starred the Flesheater down, neither of them moving; Robert could see figures emerging from the buildings in the distance.

Confirming that the boy was not a threat she focused her attention on the girl who still hadn't reacted to the situation though she didn't seem like a threat either...maybe lack of sleep was effecting L's mind in ways she couldn't comprehend. She let her bow go slack, slightly looking over at the boy who seemed like he was going to piss his pants. She held up her hand, showing him that she meant him no harm.

The family had here for a few months at least, their dried corpses laying side by side on the queen sized bed. The arms of the adults were wrapped around a smaller figure that was most likely their child. A girl, from the look of the clothing.

“Ethan?”

The redhead couldn’t tear his gaze away from the sight before him. Sure, he’d seen more than his fair share of dead bodies… but nothing quite like this. As he stared he saw that each of them had a small bottle beside them, poison of some sort no doubt.

“Ethan!”

They must have been searching for somewhere safe and had given up, even though there was safety not even half an hour away. Perhaps they had been trapped here by animals or some of the bandits that roamed the streets and took who and what they had wanted. If only they’d known how close they were to safety.

“Hey!”

Mark’s hand was on his shoulder and turned him away from the sight on the bed. Ethan shook himself from his thoughts and looked at his brother.

“Sorry… I… what?”

“We should clear these apartments out and get going. I know you’d like to bury these people, and so would I, but it’s going to be too hard to get them downstairs.”

“I think they killed themselves.”

“How do you know that?”

Ethan turned and pointed towards one of the small bottles that lay beside the bodies. “See the bottles? They look like ones dad used to have in the pharmacy.”

Mark’s features softened momentarily. “I wonder who they were?”

Scott kneeled on top of the roof with his hands resting on his thighs, staring up at the green sky. It was funny how much people hated the sun because of the heat it gave off, and now, he would give just about anything to just glimpse it again. And rain. People hated the rain. It ruined so many outdoor plans with pools and barbeques, but now, even just a light sprinkle that wasn't acidic would be nice.

The light sound of feet on cement drew his attention. It was very faint, most people wouldn't hear it if they were quiet. But then again, there was a surplus of silence around these days. He lowered himself back onto his stomach and looked for the source. A figure just across the street. How he didn't see him, he'll never know. Scott eyed the figure though his sniper scope, determining it to be male. A man with a gun.

Scott held his breath. Others who were armed were never good for him. The man disappeared into a building, different from the one the others went into. After a minute, he could clearly see him through a window. And so could the cannibal that showed up out of no where.

"Ah, damn..."

The man slowly emerged from the building, staring down the gang member. Scott shook his head as he loaded the sniper and plugged his ears.

"Just this once..." he muttered. He lined up the shot, and exhaled slowly before pulling the trigger. The noise echoed loudly, making him wince. Recovering, he looked though the scope and cursed. The shot landed in it's shoulder, causing it to tumble over, but it was getting to it's feet. Quickly reloading, he lined it up again and took the shot, aiming for the head.

Lee-Ann glanced up from the book she was studying at the sound of footsteps. It was Luke, her 'assistant'. She placed it down, marking her place where she was. "Well?" she asked. "What did they say?"

Luke rubbed the back of his neck and frowned. "Im sorry... They said to give him another day..."

She closed her eyes and mentally swore. "He may be dead by then."

"I know, I know. But we don't have the proper means to take care of him if we do take the leg. So he would die anyway."

Lee-Ann sighed. "Look after him. If we don't have the stuff, I'll go get it."

Luke grabbed her arm. "You don't have the permission."

"So I'll get it."

"He'll need blood for transfusions."

She pulled her arm out of his grasp and continued walking. "Then I'll find everything else but that."

"Sorry about that," Travis said noticing the woman let down her weapon. "Sorry... I, um," he could not think of what to say. He sneezed, right after he put his arms down. He started to move towards the woman, sure that she would do him no harm. "I just..." Everything he said just made no sense and it was plain out random.

"Travis," he said introducing himself. He put his hand out to shake, but thinking that this woman was not a hand shaker.

Raven jumped at the sudden voice, whirling around with her knife raised, then stopped when she noticed the bow. Backing up a few steps, Raven watched the woman for any sign she was ready to release the arrow. Then someone else arrived. Raven stayed quiet during the exchange, but was highly miffed at herself for making so much damn noise. What idiot knocks over a pile of boxes when there could be spiders, other survivors, or something worse out there. Raven's fingers opened and closed around her knife, ready. Though, the two other humans didn't seem to want to kill her at the moment, so that was a plus.

The woman with the bow, though she was a bit shorter then Raven, definitely looked capable. The guy… Well, lets just say Raven was surprised he was still alive. At least, if he was on his own. Raven watched them both, and when the blue and purple haired woman let the bowstring go slack, Raven released the breath she didn't know she'd been holding. Her eyes stayed locked onto the two of them, and waited for what would happen next.

(Sorry guys! I went on vacation, and just got back yesterday ^.^)

The sound of a sniper rifle echoed through the air. Riven pushed the accelerator but the engine blew out. She stopped her bike in an alley way and looked at the engine. Another shot was fired as She pulled out a pair of scissors and a wrench. The engine had a lot of dust and debris from being stored so long inactive, nothing she couldn't fix. The main issue was that the bike required Gasoline to start up.

"Just great my bike is useless now," she whispered to her self, "Well they won't her without a fight." She rerouted the power supply to the metal on the bike and cut the wire. She then laid a metal sheet and attacked the other end of the wire to the sheet. This made the bike electric death trap without wasting energy because the only way for it to shock you was if you completed the circuit. The she got a sticky note and wrote "DO NOT TOUCH OR YOU WILL DIE A 'SHOCKING' DEATH." "With this, nobody will touch my bike, or at least survive doing it."

She started running forward looking for a safe place to hide from the sniper. most of the buildings were too dark to see and she did not want to risk running into spiders. Then she heard a woman scream as if she was being shocked. "Crap," she whispered to her self. She saw a building (the one with the sniper on it) and walked into it. she ran up a few floors and found a room with a window. she pulled out a mirror and bounced the light around the room. their where no signs of life dead or alive. There was a bed and a drawer, everything else had been clean clean out. A normal looking room felt relaxing, who knows how long has it been since she slept in a real bed. She yawned and decided that she would take a short nap.

She cracked the door and placed a wrench over it. then she pushed the drawer behind the door so that it could not be open. she ran through her plan in her head, "With this, if anyone one touches the door the wrench will fall on the drawer, making a loud noise can causing me to wake up. if they try to enter the room it will be blocked off long enough for me to prepare me daggers." She then placed her batterys on her hip by the window and pulled out her solar power chargers. These where pretty weak but she design them herself so they where the only reliable chargers she had.

With everything set up, she fell asleep on the bed.

Robert heard the loud noise, though it did not register immediately, however his mind made sense of it as he saw the flesheater drop. He quickly stepped back into the darkness, not knowing where the shot had come from. The flesheater started to stand again, Robert lifted his gun ready to shoot, but a 2nd shot from an unknown shooter finished off the flesheater. Not wanting to waist what can only be described as his magnificently lucky opportunity for escape, He bolted out of the building. At first he ran towards the other flesheaters in the distance, but then veered to the right. Some followed at first, but after he turned and shot one, the rest scattered. He ran in the opposite direction of his home.

After running for as long as he could, which was likely to be an hour or so, he turned into a run down old restaurant to rest. Going to the back he sat on the floor breathing hard, his gun held tight in his hand, finger on the trigger. It was there that he sat for some time, waiting, resting, hoping no one had followed him. After a while he leaned his head back against the wall, took in a deep breath, and closed his eyes.

Lee-Ann readjusted the backpack on her shoulder as she walked on the road, a road that once was a highway. Her shoes kicked up little clouds of dust with every step.

"Remind me why it was a good idea to sneak out and rummage through rubble that we've ransacked before?"

Lee-Ann glanced over at Luke, who was acting as her protector. "Because, Luke. We never would have gotten the permission we needed, and there could still be stuff in the hospital."

Luke huffed and laid his hand over the machete on his hip. "I still don't think we should have left Izzy looking over that guy."

"Hey now, remember, she hates nicknames. Don't let her hear you call her that. And besides, she could have been a doctor too before this. She just never got the chance to actually go."

Luke rolled his eyes and then pointed to a building about half a mile away. "There it is... We made better time than I thought."

Scott grinned after making the shot. His happiness was squashed though, when he saw the rest of the gang. "Awww, shit...."

He saw the man run with the cannibals chasing after him. He picked up his standard 9mm and tried to pick off as many as he could. They were out of sight soon enough. He lowered his gun and glanced again at the sky. It was still green, but noticeably darker. Not quite night though. A twinge of worry ran though him, and he sighed.

Scott stood up and made his way to the hole in the roof, pulling aside the plastic tarp that covered it. He lowered himself down into the store that served as his home, mindful of not knocking over the boxes he had stacked as a staircase. A giant white and black dog greeted him, whining. "Cool it, Cujo. I was just helping out someone..." He patted the husky on it's head as he passed by.

"It would seem, Buddy, that you're gonna have to sleep on your own tonight. Im keeping watch on the roof."

He grabbed a metal bowl off the floor and scooped some dog food in it. He then took a water bottle off a shelf and poured it in a matching bowl.

Scott eyed the shelves with some sadness. He was low on supplies, meaning another run soon. "Lovely..."

The brunette grabbed a bag of Doritos and made his way back up the boxes. He sat himself on the edge of the roof with his legs hanging over the ledge. His 9mm sat close by with the extra clip beside it. He knew he couldn't really stay out all night. Once night actually came, it would be impossible to see. But he was hopeful the man would be back this way soon. If Scott was judging right, he would know to lead the gangsters away from his home, meaning he would need to be back this way. And he probably wouldn't make it back to his own nest before night settled. The least Scott could do was offer safety.

He opened his chips and began to munch.

Ariel's bike roars down the road, squealing to a stop in front of a store. She sighs, looking at the gas gauge. Goning to have to find more soon. "Might as well start here," she says, to no one in particular. Leaving her helmet on, she enters the store, bow at the ready, arrow notched. She weaves through the empty aisles, then stops, having heard something that sounded like a dog. She follows the sound until she comes upon the dog... and a stack of boxes leading to a tarp-covered hole in the roof of the store. Cautiously watching the black and white animal, she climbs the boxes and emerges on the roof, finding a man, seated next to a gun, eating a bag of Doritos. She'd been silent up to that point, but the sight and smell of the snack food reached her nose and her stomach, causing it to growl and catch the man's attention.

"L."

She stated, glancing at his out stretched hand but choosing not to shake it. Looking back at the girl, she studied her before letting out a sigh.

"Well... now that the part about killing each other is over, let's be friends hm?" She stated, putting the arrow back in her quiver before strapping the onyx bow back to where it belonged on her shoulder. She glanced between the two humans, a smirk coming to her face. "I promise I don't bite. Well, him maybe, but not you." She chuckled at her own joke before realizing that no one else got it and just shut up. Giving a paranoid glance to her Hummer. She didn't want anyone taking her baby. No, that would just make her even more pissed with everything going on.

Scott jumped at the noise behind him, almost falling over the edge. He pulled his legs over and grabbed his gun, pointing it at the source. When he caught sight of the woman, he shook his head. The brunette lowered his gun just a hair and stood.

"What the hell? Who are you? And how are you even here?"

He grumbled and looked over at his tarp, glaring at it. "How the hell did I not hear you sooner? And Cujo. How in the hell did you get past him?"

He noticed her appearance then, taking in her tattered clothes and what used to be bright blonde hair was now closer to a sandy blonde. Her bow in her hands was notched, but not an immediate threat, and there were no signs of her being gang related.

Scott sighed and lowered his gun. "Hey, sorry. You just gave me a fright. The door's supposed to be locked, and even if I forgot to lock it, Cujo should have warned me at the very least. You're lucky he didn't tear you apart."

He placed the gun in an empty thigh holster. "Im Scott. What's your name?"

She looks him up and down, smirking slightly at his rush of words. "Ariel." Slipping the bow over her shoulder and the arrow in its quiver, bites her lip.

"I went through the window. As for the dog... he was eating." She shrugs. "Got any spare gas?"

Scott cursed and ran a hand through his hair. "The window! Damn it. I keep telling myself to board everything up, but I just haven't. Not that there was any reason to before now. Come to think of it, maybe I should barricade the door too. Maybe salvage a ladder for the roof...."

His words trailed off as he began mumbling to himself. He glanced up from the ground and grimaced. "Ah, sorry. I do that sometimes..."

He nodded his head at her earlier question. "Ehh, maybe. I try not to use much of it. Only when I gotta fill up the truck to make runs. There's maybe some left, it'll just have to be siphoned."

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and nodded towards the last of the light from the green sky. "Tell you what. You seem nice. How about you get something to eat, sleep a bit, and in the morning, we'll get some gas in whatever it is that you're driving."

She looks at him skeptically. Side effect of smallness, being skeptical. Really quite tiring.

"And how do I know you aren't plotting to... do something while I sleep?" Her had rests on the hilt of her knife, hidden in her jacket.

Scott laughed. "You're the one that came here. I don't really haven't come up with some evil plot in the last few minutes."

He crossed his arms and eyes her over. "Besides, what are you? Like 16? Not really my type darlin."

She raises her eyebrows. "Okay, one. I'm 19." She says, a bit of spite in her voice. "I'm small, not young."

"Two. Yeah, I came here. But now that I am here..." She drops off the sentence, assuming he's smart enough to grasp what she's saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back