• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Survival [closed]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The moon was moving towards full each day now. It waxed towards the brighter sphere, and with every night closer he felt stronger, healthier. 'Last one for the night.' Felix Lyleson was finishing his rounds on the ground floor of St. Raphael's hospital. He tended to deal with the walk-ins at the emergency area - well, those that coukd walk. He checked their vitals. That was his job, checking vitals, running things to the proper area, providing IVs and medicines, dispensing vaccines - especially in flu season, and doing a few things like bandaging wounds and helping people understand what was happening to them.

Understanding and decoding doctor lingo was an important skill. Too many forgot how to tone it down.

The man in the blue scrubs picked up the clipboard outside of the room for a woman so named Nova Starkweather, 20. 'You won the interesting name lottery.' He considered as his hazel eyes ran over the rest of the details on the form as he walked into the room. Felix knew who she was. This wasn't the first time she had been in and it likely wouldn't be the last. The details on the clipboard explained the situation.

Nova returned to them because of severe breathing issues and hastened heart palpitations. She had been here a week now, and his eyes skimmed it to see if the doctors had figured anything out yet.

'Yep.' Finally. He skimmed the language on the page. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He gave a nod to himself before he looked up.

He lifted his eyes and smiled at the blonde woman there, quickly taking in her poise and appearance to discern her situation and try to steel himself for any reaction. Sick and wounded people were rarely the nicest. "Hello again, Ms. Starkweather," he greeted her calmly. "Has anyone been in yet to tell you about the doctor's findings?"

~***~

Ada Lovelock was free at last from her home as night fell on the world, and she was out as soon as she could be, stretching up once her feet touched the concrete. 'On to the Esquire.' Felix liked to meet there some evenings, play pool, pretend to be normal. He tended to want to go out more the closer they got to the full moon. The chemicals in his body raged with a need to release, too enjoy competition, or otherwise be a bit of a douche.

Ada just enjoyed getting out. Getting new material.

The fact it was in the territory of ornery vampires was a mild annoyance, but the black haired woman ignored that as much as possible. She had no interest in joining their society or separating herself from humanity. She found ways to live in it without murdering pets.

That wasn't really her style.

Though her style of attire still brought interesting looks her way. Ever since she discovered the mix of Victorian styles used in Lolita fashion, she added it to her repertoire; it felt almost like something off her time. It just wasn't mainstream in the States, so people gawked at the black and white Lolita dress the author wore. She just smiled, hardly phased by such things now.

At least the Esquire folk were used to her now, and soon enough she saw the golden sign. That was when she took out her phone and sent a quick text on towards Felix.

'Here. See you soon.'

Nova Starkweather opened her eyes, her face pale and clammy. She was short of breath, but that didn't get to her. She was her usual self. She smiles sweetly at the nurse. "Unfortunately, no. I didn't hear anything. They told me someone was going to come by, but they never came back. Said something about running more tests." She blinked slowly, her eyes bright behind her pain.

Her thick blond hair hung around her shoulders in dirty little strings. Her face was oily and she really needed a shower, but it was hard to shower when she could barely walk far enough to get to the bathroom, let alone stand and wash herself. 'Not much longer,' she thought to herself. 'Not much longer and I'm not gonna be here to burden these kind doctors.' She knew that those kinds of thoughts were depressing, but there wasn't much she could do about it. She was determined to fight this, these ailments, whatever they were. She was determined to keep living, to live out her life like any normal woman, become a wife, mom even.

"What's wrong with me?"

~~~***~~~

Adam Prescott wiped the blood from his mouth, dropping the cold body of his fifth bird tonight. He wasn't too hungry. The animals had been able to hold him over for years, thank the lord or whoever was above. Well, he didn't care about that. He sat back on his heels, watching the rest of his clan as they fed. And then he saw her, the girl he had been waiting for this whole time. The cheesy romance novelist. He had to admit, she was pretty good when it came to writing. Unfortunately, she wasn't very good at staying inconspicuous.

He climbed a tree, waiting and watching Ada Lovelock as he fed upon a squirrel. Tonight was definitely going to be a long night.

Felix returned the smile as it came it his way, nodding as she said no one had come to tell her what was up. More tests. Well, it made sense, but the results seemed pretty straightforward, at least based on the information before him. “You have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a fancy way of saying that your heart is enlarged to a point that it is causing problems for you,” he answered, setting the clipboard aside then. “They want you to stay here another couple of days, so that we can start to see what may help you.”

There were options, more than one. “There are numerous medications that you can be put on, and I’m sure the doctors want to go over your history and your symptoms to find the best ones. Surgery may also be an option for you, if you wish to explore it.”

Then his smile faltered a bit, “There isn’t a cure, but it can be treated so that you can continue to live a full life.” This didn’t have to hinder her, if it was treated and responded to the treatments, she could be just as anyone else.

~***~

‘Tonight’s going to be too long….’ Ada thought, and not because no answer came from Felix – though that was a sign. That meant he wasn’t quite done with his last patient, so she’d have to order a beverage she wouldn’t drink and bide her time for him. At least the Esquire was used to that.

No, the reason it was going to be a long night was the scent of animal blood in the air, and those who were feeding upon them. She had to let out a sigh. ‘We need to find a new meeting place.’ Easier said than done. Ada didn’t take the bait of the many scents to go over and see what gruesome mess the others of her kind had made. No, she continued on into the bar, and she gave a smile to the bartender as he looked up, recognizing her. “Just one Irish coffee, please,” she said. It was what she usually ordered, and never drank.

“Coming up!” John answered, and she took her seat at the bar, and then dug into her bag for her tablet to waste the time away for Felix.

Nova nodded once. She knew what he meant. She was crushed, but this didn't show this on her face. She continued to smile at the young doctor. She continued to sit like a strong young woman. She carried on.

"I would love to explore my options. Do you know when I leave here? And when the tests shall be performed?" She asked him curiously, turning her head to the side some. She scratched her ear nervously. She didn't like the thought of surgery, but whatever made her better or at least halfway better, she was more than willing to explore it.

~~~***~~~

Tossing the body of the squirrel aside, Adam continued to wait for Ada to come out. He refused to go into the Esquire...that wasn't his place to be. Especially since there were so many werewolves that enjoyed spending their hours. That was part of their little deal. They could have their own little place as long as they didn't cause problems among the people. And they were keeping their deal, that was for sure. They were most definitely allies.

"Adam," a voice called. It was a young looking girl at the base of the tree. Adam looked down at the girl. There was blood on her pretty white dress, and a bit of dirt here and there. But she was lovely.

"What is is, Isabella?" Adam asked. He was slightly aggravated, growing impatient with Ada as the moments passed.

"Eric wants to know when we are to leave." Eric was Isabella's twin brother, and he was quite a shy little boy.

"Whenever Ms. Lovelock decides to come out and speak with me." Adam responded. "Now, go. Eat, my little one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back