• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Surrender to the Harvest

zigzaglin

Surrender to the Harvest
(A Harvest god x Human sacrifice rp)

pngtree-country-road-to-an-old-cottage-with-fields-behind-it-image_2687104.jpg

-~-x-~-
Once there was a region who held the gods in great esteem, for a time the gods even walked among them. They had many gods and goddess ones for war, the sea, the hunt, and the harvest. They worshiped them wholly and had temples raised in their honor. But then the capital decided that they not need their heavenly guidance. They turned to modernization and science to fix thier woes. The gods seeing this took a step back from holding the people's hands, by doing this the land began to change. Lives grew harder more and more people thought that perhaps turning to science was the way to go. All except a farming village who couldent bare the weight any longer. The crops didnt florish like they used to the animals grew sick and died more easily, so instead of looking to science to fix thier problems they looked to the gods once more. They picked a sacrifice among their people held a huge festival in thier honor and then made the treak to the Harvest god's temple in hopes to strike a deal.
-~-x-~-
1000061541.png

-Name-
Max
-Age-
-Height-
5'7"
-Bio-
She's quite strong as she enjoys physical activity and contact sports. She comes from a matriarchal bloodline that, unless she has children or her aunt does, would likely end with her death as Max is an only child.
She can be VERY stubborn. It's hard to get her to budge on things sometimes, and she can get really moody when things suddenly change. It takes some time for her to adjust to things.

Ignis.(Bokujou.Monogatari).600.769601.jpg

-Name-
Ignis
-Age-
Over 3000 years old
-Height-
6'3"
-Bio-
Ignis is the god of Harvest and Animal Husbandry. Before the humans decided to stray from the path of the gods, He helped make sure that the crops and animals of the farmlands were healthy and prosperous. Even if he looks to have a firey personality its far from it he is a gentle soul who rather be in the company of plants and animals.

Max's mother was as stubborn as she. The apple didn't fall far from the tree in that regard; it was a simple case of a child being influenced by the parent. Said child was now 23 years old and about to die, because, as Grace Ghlisane insisted, "Anne, you're going to have kids. I'll just get rid of mine because her father's dead."

Grace quite wasn't right in the head, but neither was her daughter. Despite Anne pleading with her sister to pick someone else to sacrifice, Grace, the current matriarch, was dead set. She was willing to sacrifice her only child to the gods to get things back to normal.

Despite dying at the hands of her own mother, Max showed little fear or restraint. Her life had been pretty messed up since the death of her father, and she was just ready to leave this mortal realm and be free from the narcissistic, emotional abuser that was her mother.

As Max's life left her body, the last thing she saw was her family heading towards the temple. At least her death wouldn't be in vain, as she thought. As anyone in the Ghlisane family would think.

Ignis was quiet as he laid in his room it was bright out in his world but he didnt wish to wake up from his slumber, the truth of the matter was he was a bit sluggish in resent years. Being a god wasent all that was cracked up to be, sure you had all these powers you could use but if no one prayed for you and gave you offerings you grow too weak to even use said powers. So here he laid too lethargic to do a thing he couldent even take care of his plants most days. Its a wonder how they all were still living Speaking of living he felt the weight by his stir there came a mew as it walked closer to bap at his face. He groaned softly and tried to hide "Marshmallow please let daddy sleep more...." He spoke softly to his cat. Marshmallow mewed again as he curled up close.

The cat was his fateful companion, the stories of him bringing back a earth cat were passed around for generations. Marshmallow was this super fluffy cream and light brown cat with a few scratches on his nose. Ignis had found him as that on the streets of a village when he walked the earth one time and fell in love. He granted the cat immortality and brought him back to his world, he of course raised hell with the pantheon bringing back a earth animal but he didnt care what was one measly cat going to do to them?

Snuggling more into marshmallow he sighed at the warmth of the cat before he felt a tug...he almost didnt catch it it had been so long, years in fact. Opening his eyes he blinked a few more times and then he groaned as he hid, the humans were calling for him...Specifically him...why? Another tug and he growled softly as he sat up, like most of the pantheon they were right pissed with the humans right now. Years ago they worshiped them as they should...they gave them what they wanted all they wanted was offerings in return. It was a deal that held fast for generations. They then turn their backs on them for what....science as they called it and shiny new buildings? So why now....another tug and he huffed and got out of bed and went to mirror.

Gods above he looked horrible he fixed his appearance as best as he could before looking to the cat in his bed "Marshie daddy will be right back okay? You are the man of the house." He spoke to the cat before he opened a portal, staring at it for a moment he was surprised he could even do this still. He then stepped through, this had better be good he thought as he did so. where he ended up was at one of his temples. He stared at all the people in there the temple was no longer in pristine shape, overgrown and he could tell they cleaned it up just now in a hurry. Offerings were laid out for him and a person sat amongst the offerings in ceremonial garb. A human sacrifice? He gave a glare at the in awe people who stared. Crossing his arms he stared back it was quiet for a moment before he huffed "Well? What is the meaning for my summons?" he asked

"You kidding? I can't grow anything for shit and all the goddamn cows are dying!" Grace yelled, her short temper quite evident with reeling from sacrificing her daughter to this god.

Anne simply sighed. "I tried to warn her I'm having fertility issues. Now I've gotta spend a ton of money to have a child. Thanks a LOT, asshole." Anne glared at her older sister menacingly. Anne's husband, Larry, didn't speak, a soft-spoken man unlike the fiery Ghlisane women.

"This better work, that was my only child and my husband died 21 years ago." Grace was in quite the mood and nearly nothing was going to pull her out of it, not even the sight of Max's lifeless body being sacrificed to this god.

Anne rubbed her temples in frustration. "I... do apologize for her behavior."

Ignis was silent with anger when one of them spoke up then another as they yelled and whined about their problems. The rest of the people in there were silent as well as they yelled at him. The lit torches that were softly flickering roared into life blasting even when he finally snapped "And whose fault is that?!" his voice boomed echoing in the temples room making the walls shudder and threaten to crumble around them. He glared at them all "Who is the ones that turned their backs on us when we gave you all that you ever wanted?! Perfect crops, perfect animal health, perfect hunts, plentiful fish from your seas?! Who threw all that away for some stupid shiny buildings and stupid iron horses that clog the air with fumes?!" He breathed heavy with balled fists "We only asked for offerings and prayers from all of you and you go and abandon us after YEAARS and generations of trust!! And NOW you come here and ask and plead for forgiveness for your crops and animals to be well again?!"

Breathing hard his face flushed from anger his eyes ablaze he then looked to the lifeless body of the women they killed "Not to mention you killed a innocent woman in MY honor in hope that I will give you what you want?!" He glared at the body then back up at the humans in the temple room. Even if they were older he felt like he was dealing with a bunch of children at this point.

Anne looked at her sister with an 'I told you so' expression, becoming more deadpan. Grace was still furious, more so because he was.

"What else am I supposed to do?" Grace complained. "Use my kid as fertilizer?"
Anne elbows Grace, who responded in kind. Anne stepped away before the violence and temper could escalate, and try to process the brutal and unecessary death of her neice.

Ignis glared at er as she complained to him about her dead daughter. It was her daughter and she was even thinking it should be a option? He sighed loudly and when he did the balzing torches snuffed out to almost nothing making the room dim. He looked to the body once more and the other offerings as well. Usually he didnt do this cause he wasent the god of the dead, but he was a god after all. Walking up to the body he began to rearrange the offerings in a way before he exhaled. The flames began to flicker now and crackle as he held his hand over the dead body and began to chant words taking energy from the offerings "Largitor vitae, deus deorum, suscipe munus meum. Os, caro, spiritus. Tuus aeternus. Os, caro, spiritus. Quaeso, ad me revertere." When he did this the body began to glow and float, the once cold body began to be warm once more.

Scooping up the body now with life once more he watched quietly "Mortal....you can open your eyes now..." he spoke as he waited for her to wake up.

Max's eyes fluttered open and she came face to face with the god himself.

"What... the.... fuck?" came out of her mouth. She had accepted her fate, after all, ignoring the shock that was on everyone's faces at the moment. "Am I in the afterlife or something?" she asked as she looked at her hands, pinching the skin and wincing as yes, it in fact hurt. "If so thank the gods."

Ignis frowned when she came alive once more the people in the room gasping when she spoke words the room was silent as she asked if she was in the afterlife. The god huffed "No you are still in the mortal world...." He informed her and slowly set her down to sit on the marble slab that she had laid lifeless not to long ago. Ignis then huffed and turned to look at the people in the temple still in shock he had brought her back to life. "I have made my mind up...." He spoke to them then turned to max "Mortal....the ones before me sacrificed you to pray for better harvest and healthier animals again....I am not happy that after all these years they decide that they now want my aid when they have forsaken us gods. I ask you now...do you think they deserve it? If you do then say so and i will take the offering...if you disagree then all of you will leave this temple and get out of my sight..."

Max didn't know what to think. Sure, their family's woes could be solved.
"Well, everyone except my mother." Max confessed. Grace wanted to start, but Anne shut her up real quick.
Max turns back again to the god. She was torn, she wanted all of this mess to be over as fast as it had started. "I... don't know." she confessed, twiddling her thumbs anxiously.

Ignis sighed as he stare down at the mortal at what she said, it seems that her mother wasent the best that one could give, and it showed. If he had a mother he wouldent want her to be his either "I cant control if people lend her aid mortal..." He was quiet once more and then thought on it, if he were to take her back with him, he could use her as a way to not feel like crap all the time, the pantheon would probably not like it but who cared about it. The humans abandoned them so a human pet wasent the worse he could do.

He then turned the humans, glaring their way "Fine if she doesent know what to do then I will decide for her..." He huffed "I will give you ONE harvest and a year of good fortune with your animals....but in return you must give me steady prayer and offerings at the temple once a month....and...." he turned to Max and pointed "You will give me her...."

Max turned to her family. Hey, maybe she'll get away after all. Though she would miss her aunt.

"Fine. Take her." Grace said with a seething, pissed tone. Anne glared at her sister yet again. "Thanks a lot you idiot fuck."

Max sighed, accepting her fate yet again, though it would take her some time to adjust to all of this. She felt a bit vunerable. VERY vunerable, despite being quite rough-and-tough.

Ignis rolled his eyes at her, "I will." he said plainly to her before turning back to Max and held out his hand "Come mortal...as much as i dont want to do this i guess i better make good on my word." once she did he lead her up to the alter with a wave of his hand the portal opened up and he began to step through it. Soon he was in his world with Max. He then let go of her hand and slowly walked over to his bed and sat down with a sigh.

Max only blinked and stood there, looking around for a few brief moments as she took in her nee surroundings. She didn't know what else to do, so she just... stood there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back