[Summertime in Schonen] Experience - The Highlighting Thread!

Which Stat should I, the MC, highlight and why?

• Hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cool

• Hard

• Sharp

• Total voters

Eske

Here's how we change the stats that give you experience. Until now, Hot and Hard have been highlighted for all. Let's change them!

Ash's description: pick a highlighted stat for the person we have the highest Hx with, then the MC picks the second one. We have to justify why we tell someone what stat to highlight - like for ash with pretty boy he would tell him to highlight Hot because the most pressing thing he notices about Jett is his appearance

Make a post in this thread where you follow those instructions.

Ash and Piper are tied for highest, so I will choose my good friend Piper to pick a highlighted stat for me.

From page 105:

"Every player finds the character her character knows the best, the one with the highest Hx on her own sheet (resolving ties by whim). That other player says which of the character's stats is the most interesting to her, to highlight."

Last edited by a moderator:
I will post what I posted in the thread on Infrno here for ease of reading. Looks like Jett gets to choose a highlight for me:

"Pretty Boy" Jett

Amalia has Hx+2 with him because he puts himself out in the public view and I depend on clear relationships. I think Amalia may have heard of him before they met when he distracted the thugs that were coming to collect the bounty on me. He saw that I was trying to create a scene to make it more difficult for them to take me out of there. He spoke up and got their attention, as well as the attention of the owner of the establishment they were in, letting Amalia slip away. I haven't forgotten that.

"Pretty Boy" Jett has Hx+2 with me because of that incident. He faced down dedicated violence to get me out of a tight pinch.

Stitch

Amalia has Hx+3 with Stich because I put a hand it when it mattered, and it helped her save a life; I also depend on clear relationships. A woman named Katrin hired Stitch to patch up her brother, who had angered the leader of his gang. I was able to pull some strings to get us in and out of there again, enabling us to save Hearburn.

Stitch should have Hx+0 with me. While I am supposed to tell everyone else they get Hx+1 with me, Stitch tries not get too attached...

Ash

Amalia has Hx+3 with Ash because they were together for days on the road and I depend on clear relationships. He saw me walking towards Schonen and for some reason decided to give me a ride in exchange for a favor. He didn't seem interested in body, which was at the time of relief. I owe him one, he specifically mentioned gasoline.

Ash should have Hx+0 with Amalia. While I am supposed to tell people Hx+1, he is not naturally inclined to get too close to people. We spent days together on the road but we were pretty focused on getting to Schonen and didn't get the chance to talk much.

Piper

Amalia has Hx+0 with Piper so far. I imagine I've seen her around but haven't had a chance to interact with her yet. he is not nat

Piper should have Hx+1 with me because that it was I tell everyone I didn't choose one of my Hx assignments for. Maybe you've heard about my work some time in the past? What do you think?

Dani, you will need to pick either me or Ash to pick a stat for you. See the text I quoted above, or at the end of every playbooks Hx section: "Find the character with the highest Hx on your sheet. Ask that player which of your stats is most interesting, and highlight it. The MC will have you highlight a second stat too." (I know, I know, I'm turning into That Guy.)

And continuing with peeking at other people's character sheets, it looks like I will choose a stat for Piper. Although I'm as impressed with her hot as everyone else, most recently Stitch noticed that Piper's connection with Fire allowed her to correctly predict the mess at Sickle Crossing, their old hardhold. So I'm choosing Weird.

It looks like I pick Pipers ; ) Oh goodie.... I will choose Weird for Piper...let's see her sexy quirks!

Regarding Jett....Dani you pick for him.

The MC chooses the first stat to highlight - sorry that I didn't do that earlier..But if you look at the votes, it's Cool.

And Christine, I know I've said that Fiction trumps Rules many times, but I also think that the games' mechanics help the story in many ways. We have to use all the elements of the AW rules. So please, "be that guy!" because I am perhaps too focused on the narrative to notice which rules are being overlooked.

Christine, would you consider being a co-GM, in the sense that you help me with enforcing rules? I would appreciate that.

I don't have the time to commit to being a co-GM, but if you are saying you'd like me to continue to cite the rules, then I will do so. It's not always clear to me when to step in and when to let things slide...I'm totally OK with changing the rules to fit the needs of the group.

In fact, I'm working on a post about the rules for a particular move right now.

Yes please, Christine, I would like you to keep an eye on the rules. No commitment, so you do it when you have the time for it, ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back