• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Summer Vibes [9 SLOTS OPEN]

BedazzledBlue

tumblr_mr0p0ksZgC1qk6nwxo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mnmwwhkb1Z1s19iy7o1_500.gif

tumblr_md7d4rMjBv1rjk3ceo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o15rsntpfP1u34qwao1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Locations l OOC l Characters

Welcome to Summer Vibes, where young adults are picked to temporarily live in a new city together while being filmed non-stop. The castmates are taped around the clock and the house is outfitted with video cameras mounted on walls to capture even the most intimate moments. Each season will consist of 16 roommates, aged 18–25, usually selected from thousands of applicants from across the country, with the group chosen typically representing different races, genders, sexual orientations, levels of sexual experiences, and religious and political beliefs.

Last edited:
RULES
1) This roleplay will be based around summer, romance, drama, and having the time of your life!
2) Be descriptive. I do require 2+ paragraphs, five or more sentences each.
3) Have good grammar and spelling - this is a requirement!
4) Write in first person only
5) One character limit
6) Keep genders even - 8 guys, 8 girls
7) Post at least once a day
8) Remember, this is supposed to be a reality show. Fights, drama and hookups are encouraged. Nothing is off limits in this RP!

Last edited:
full

time : 11:33 AM
date : Friday, June 10th, 2016
weather : 90 ° F

I think it’s safe to say that I'm the dumbest motherfucker on the face of the planet. I got lost trying to find the house. And so, as if that’s not bad enough, I’m the one that has the key to the place. Hopefully, no one’s there yet, but I know the likelihood of that is pretty much slim to none because I've been riding in circles for an hour looking for Prospective Avenue before I realized that we live on Prospect Street.

"Hey, can this thing go any faster?" I mutter, diverting my attention to the taxi driver. He ignores me and starts to drive in, what seems like, slow motion. I sit back in my seat and sigh until I spot this modern estate that I just know has to be ours. "Oh, shit."

Oh, shit is right. I had just arrived on Flight 384 from Brooklyn, New York and embarking on what could possibly turn into the most intriguing journey of my lifetime. I don't where it will lead me, but I'm fully aware that it's starting with this house.
I throw the taxi driver some crumpled bills and drag my suitcase from the backseat. Decked out in my vintage plaid shirt, baggy, holey jeans, and some old black Converses, I trek up the driveway to start my adventure.

"Here goes nothin’," I murmur.

The lock opens, the doorknob turns and as the big glass door swings open, I'm met with the nicest foyer I’ve ever seen in my fuckin' life. I kind of just take it all in, little by little.

Through the foyer, you can see the huge pool in our backyard. You turn a corner and there's the kitchen, decked out in granite countertops, just waiting for us to fuck it up. Ever seen a dining table that seats 18 people before? Well we have one, damn it. When I say this house is sick, I mean it’s sick. There's even a room with a pool table and all the gaming systems you can imagine.

This place is fuckin’ crazy, man. I just walk around touching everything to make sure it’s real. It’s insane!

Finally, I go upstairs, where all the rooms have private bathrooms and LCD TVs. As if our shit isn't big enough, there's another layer to the house. Three floors? Three floors!

I walk back downstairs to the second floor where my bedroom will probably be, and stand at the top of the staircase. I’m still in shock, man. How does a poor boy from Brooklyn get anything like this?

Last edited:
When-Ocean-Water-Somehow-Made-Her-Hair-Better-Tangled-Mess.gif

Blake
time / 12:16 PM

The very second that I stepped out of the Uber and onto the driveway, I'd been able to bear nothing but an ecstatic, immaculate smile. God, this place is amazing! Don't get me wrong, I've always been accustomed to big houses and nice things. I grew up in Newport Beach after all, where there's nothing but mansions and well-to-do people and teenagers driving their Range Rovers and BMWs to school everyday. Still, there's no denying how beautiful this house is.

Not to mention, this is the fresh start I've been waiting for. For once I'm not consumed by those little voices in my head. I don't have to think about the rehab stints, or the suicide attempts, or the overdoses - even though they're always in the back of my mind. My brain is clear. I can actually appreciate how blue the sky is and how bright the sun shines. I don't have that constant itch or that feeling of wanting to get high. For once I just feel...free.

Hopefully things stay this way. God knows I don't want my demons following me all the way across the country. That would suck, especially since I'm gonna be around new people who know nothing about my past.

I stuff my brown Louis Vuitton purse into my brown Louis Vuitton duffel bag and finally strut up to the front door where I'm supposed to meet my new roommate at the entrance. I ring the doorbell, not once, twice, but three times.

The ringing continues into the next five minutes or so as I stand in the vicinity of the steps to my humble abode, internally wondering why the hell I'm stuck standing outside of this kick-ass house with no indication as to when I'll be able to get in. Maybe this is how all Summer Vibes start out and editing just made me believe otherwise. That then arose the question of just how much different this experience is in comparison to what I've seen on TV for the past five years. I know that I've embarked on something different, but just how different is this about to be?

Last edited:
full

time : 12:17 PM

"I'm coming!" I yell out. Damn, how many times is this asshole gonna ring the doorbell? I heard it the first hundred times.

I had just picked out my room - this awesome suite on the second floor with a king-sized bed, 47" LCD TV, and access to the patio. I was the first person here so I might as well get dibs on the best room, right? It's definitely an improvement from my current living situation - crashin' on my best friend's couch back in Brooklyn. So yeah, I plan on taking full advantage of this room while I'm here.

Annoyed by the constant shrilling of the doorbell, I finally head down the stairs and open the door. I internalize the vision in front of me – an obviously rich girl, perfectly blonde and thin. Don't get me wrong, she's hot, but I'm already sure that the two of us won't be talking much after the first day. I pick up her expensive-looking duffel bag from the doorway (I can be a gentleman when I wanna be) and let my eyes meet her blueish green ones.

"I'm not deaf you know," I mutter, in reference to her ringing the doorbell a million times. "It's hot as shit out here, how ‘bout we head inside?"

( I claimed Suite #2...)

Last edited:

Blake
time /
12:17 PM

God, this guy is gorgeous. Not to mention a bit intimidating. He looks like your typical bad boy, the type I always seem to fall for. I'm trying to get out of that habit, since it usually leads me to trouble. But hey, you know what they say - bad boys ain't no good but the good boys ain't no fun.

Although I think I've probably had enough
fun to last an entire lifetime...

"Sorry about the incessant doorbell ringing. I was starting to think nobody was here." I smile my shy, eighteen-year-old smile and follow him inside the house. It was pretty hot outside but it's nothing I'm not used to, being a Cali girl and everything. "Oh, and thanks for carrying my bag," I mention, because I honestly don't think anyone has ever done that for me before. Maybe this guy's not so bad after all? "I'm Blake by the way."

Last edited by a moderator:
full

time : 12:18 PM

"No problem," I reply, because it was the least I could do after practically leaving her outside for 5 minutes. It wasn't intentional, I just naturally always lock the door behind myself. (It kinda becomes second nature when you live in one of the worst neighborhoods in New York.) I close the door behind her and make sure not to lock it this time.

"I'm Lex," I introduce myself, preferring not to give out my government name just yet. Now that we're inside, I take a closer look at her. My initial assessment still holds up - this chick is hot (dare I even say beautiful). She seems young, but something about her tells me she's not as innocent as she looks. When you grow up like I did, you learn to read people. There's something this girl is hiding - something deep, but I cant quite place my finger on it.

Not that I can really fault her for it. I mean, aren't we all hiding something?

"Come check the place out," I say instead, leading her through the foyer and into the living room area. I carefully place her duffel bag near the couch and turn to look at her. "Nice digs, right?"

Last edited:

Blake
time /
12:18 PM

God, the way this guy looks at me...it's like he's staring into my soul...like he can see something that nobody else can. Even though I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing.

And did I mention that I just love his little Italian accent? He's too cute, man. Too cute.

"This place is amazing," I respond, shaking those thoughts out my head and peering around the room. There's a perfect view of the shimmering pool in the backyard and huge gourmet kitchen off to the side (which I probably wont be using since I never cooked a day in my life.) It really isn't any bigger than my parents' house back in California, but it's still amazing nonetheless. And the fact that I'll be sharing it with this tall, dark stranger makes it even more appealing. "I wonder where the other roommates are?" I ask, trying to change the subject. The last thing I need is a crush on some guy I barely even know.

profile picture - Copy.jpg
Isaac
Time: 12:15 p.m.
Flight landed in Fort Lauderdale airport at: 12:00 p.m.

I'm going to get one thing straight. I. Hate. Flying. Whenever I do actually fly, I'm holding onto my seat with a death grip as if my life depended on it. Yea, yea, the ticket was free and I know it's not as scary to most people, but for me, it's absolutely horrifying. The worst part about flying are the little things. Such as, the kid behind me was kicking the back of my seat for the first hour of the flight, annoying the crap out of me, the way your ears pop since you've gone up so high, and the absolute worst of all, turbulence. I understand sometimes it just kind of happens but I mean, does it have to be so violent? It makes me feel like there's some anti-air defenses attacking us from the ground, and we could get shot out of the sky at any moment. Just thinking about it makes my hair stand, but i'm glad I landed now, and knowing there's solid ground under your feet is incredibly reassuring.

Getting out of the airport was one of the most relieving experiences I've had all year, and it was nice to have a taxi available to take me to the summer home. I don't know how to explain my current emotions as I watch scenery fly by on the highway. Could it be excitement or nervousness? It's hard to tell between the two sometimes. To distract myself, I pressed play on the music I have saved on my phone and moved my headphones over my ears. Letting it drown out my thoughts as the taxi headed to Orlando.

IMG_2111.JPG

Alyssa Ma
Holy shit. Driving from Pennsylvania to Florida was exhausting. Finding the house? Well, if I wasn't dense as shit it would've been pretty easy... but I'm dense as shit. I finally found the house, realizing I'd passed a few times already. I walked up to the front door, taking a moment to admire the exterior of the house. It was impressive. Nice and modern. I turned the door knob. Ah, it was unlocked. I walked into the house, closing the door behind me before looking out on the foyer. It was cute and brightly lit, with cool glass bowl thingies. I then walked through the foyer, and looked in the
"Um... Sorry, I noticed the door was unlocked so I came here," I said in my natural high-pitched voice. "My name's Alyssa. Who are you guys?"
People always had something to say about my voice, usually along the lines of "Oh my god that's so cute!" or "Holy shit your voice is so high." I didn't try expecting anyone to comment, but I had a feeling someone was. Was that selfish of me to think that way? Oh well. I looked at the two other people in the living room. There was a man with dark hair and tattoos and a nose ring, and a woman almost my height with blonde hair. Gosh, the man was tall.

Last edited:
full

"Sup?" I nod toward the short Asian girl that just walked in. "I'm Lex and this is Blake," I introduce, indicating Blake standing next to me. I proceed to look this Alyssa chick up and down - she's cute, with bright lavender hair and a really high pitched voice. She seems undeniably energetic though, and I don't really dig "peppy" chicks, they tend to annoy the shit out of me. But she's definitely a cutie.

"So, where you from?" I ask her, in attempt to keep the conversation moving. I don't know know what I'm gonna do with all these hot chicks living in this place. Not that I'm here looking for something serious. I mean, a hook up would be cool but I don't need none of these girls falling in love with me or anything.

doneanddusted doneanddusted DimpleDoll DimpleDoll

Last edited:

Blake

"Hi, Alyssa!" I greet, waving at the new girl. She's adorable! And she seems really nice already. Hopefully there won't be any catty, bitchy girls here but I know that's inevitable - there's always at least one on these type of shows. "I'm from Cali," I say, not really wanting to go into more detail. The last thing I need is my new roommates finding out about my home life. I know I'm gonna have to talk about it eventually, but it's not gonna be on the first day.

IMG_2111.JPG

Alyssa Ma
The tall man said that he was Lex and that the blondie next to him was Blake. He then asked where I was from. Blake said she was from California, which seemed pretty typical. My mom had considered moving there, but in the end she moved to Pennsylvania so that I could be close to her while going college. It fulfilled her desire to get away from Dad, too. "I'm from Pennsylvania," I added on to Blake. Now there was one big thing that I wanted, and it was to keep my actual private life and the life here with new friends separate. That should be easy peasy though. "Where are you from?" I asked Lex out of curiosity, and also because he asked us. I wasn't going to let the conversation die so easily.

full

"Awesome. I'm from Brooklyn," I tell them both and because this conversation is getting real old, real fast, I add - "Hey, you guys wanna see what's in the fridge? I'm starving." I make my way over to the kitchen without an answer, because like I said, I'm fucking starving and I'm not gonna wait around for them. I pull it open and can hardly believe my eyes. There's literally hundreds of things to choose from (I've never had access to so many snacks at once!) but what mostly stands out are the dozen alcohol bottles. Suddenly my hunger is replaced by something else completely. "Shots, anyone?" I call out slyly, pulling out the tall bottle of Vodka and then rummaging through the cabinets for some shot glasses. Maybe this can get these chicks to loosen up a little.

doneanddusted doneanddusted DimpleDoll DimpleDoll Emibow Emibow

Last edited:

Blake

Shit. I knew this was gonna happen. I mean, a house full of teenagers and young adults - what did I really expect? But at this point of my life I cannot be around alcohol, period. It's brings too many temptations and too many bad memories. "Actually, I'm gonna go pick out my room before all the other roommates get here," I reply, scooping up my duffel bag. "You know, first dibs and all," I chuckle, trying to make it seem like no big deal. But in all actuality my heartbeat is racing. I quickly make my way up the staircase without another word.

profile-picture-copy-jpg.299860

Isaac

I'll admit it, i'm actually scared. A large house full of people I don't know, everything is going to be videotaped, and I didn't bring enough pocket money pay for all of my extra expenses while i'm there. Crap. That means to not leech off of everyone else, i'm going to have to do a few jobs while i'm there. It's not that it's a big deal or anything, it's just going to be hard to work with the pressure of a camera looming over my shoulder.

I must have been lost in thought because I instantly was aware when the taxi stopped in front of a giant mansion. "Holy shit," the words unconsciously came out of my mouth as I steeped out of the taxi to grab my luggage. Only a carry on and a suitcase for me, I've never been that heavy of a packer. I walked up to the door, backpack on my shoulders, suitcase dragging behind on wheels. With a deep breath, I open the door and step inside, not even thinking on knocking or ringing the doorbell first. I know I already said it not too long ago but,"holy shit," is probably the best way to describe this place.

IMG_2397.JPG
Lets just say the last week had been sick! After I had gotten the acceptance for all this I decided to head off early. Coming down to Orlando and staying with my little rich ass sister. Her being a model and all but still she was my sweet little sister, thank god men stay away from her or I would have broken some teeth by now. I sighed happily as I sat in the passenger seat of my sisters nice shiny black Chevy Chevelle.
IMG_2399.JPG

The top of it being down as we rode down the street looking for the new house. "Come on bro you said you knew where this fucking place was." My sister groaned at me as she sat there in her nice 500 dollar sun dress, solid gold brackets and diamond necklaces as well as a pair of 2000 dollar sunglasses. Chuckling I reply back teasingly. "Sis calm down Jeez the place is right there." I say as I point to the massive modern house near by that she looked over to. "Damn bro that place looks more expensive than my house!" She said to me as she pulled up into the drive way.

I hopped out slowly with a sigh of relief as I looked down at my sisters loud muscle car then to the house before reaching into the back seat and pulling out my dufflebag. Smiling as I walked around the car I bent down and hugged my sister tightly. Kissing her cheek before speaking. "See you around sis!" I said to her as she waved to me and started to back out of the drive way as I walked towards the house. I dont know why but I got the feeling that I was way too underdressed for this. Standing there in a tapout tank top that was all red with the word TAPOUT across the chest in white letters and some tan cargo shorts, I wore a pair of black and red Nike workout shoes as well and my hair was tied back in the normal way it was, the top being tied back in a messy bun and the rest hanging over my shoulders (just look to the pic of you don't understand the hair). Smiling as I looked over the house before walking up to the door I mumbled softly. "Alright lets do this." I said before ringing the door bell once then took a step back and waited for the door to be answered
BedazzledBlue BedazzledBlue DimpleDoll DimpleDoll Emibow Emibow doneanddusted doneanddusted

Blake

I had just plopped my suitcase down when I heard the doorbell ringing. My room is really cute - there's two twin bunk beds and a cool purple ceiling. I know most people wouldn't immediately pick a shared room but I really want to make friends during this whole experience.

Knowing that Lex isn't the most punctual when answering the door, I run down the stairs to get it myself. To my surprise, there's already a cute, brown-haired guy in the foyer area with his suitcase and backpack. "Hey, I'm Blake!" I say cheerfully, making my way past him to the door. He seems cool - probably quiet, but cool nonetheless.

When I open the door I'm immediately taken back by the sight in front of me. There's a tall, muscular guy with long hair standing in the entryway. God, he's gorgeous! He looks like a modern day Jesus or something. "Hi, I'm Blake!" I say for what seems like the hundredth time today, standing back to let him in. "The other roommates are in the kitchen if you guys wanna meet them," I say shyly to to the two new guys. Gosh, what am I gonna do with all these boys running around? It's like I get a mini crush on each one I meet, which isn't really surprising. The only interests I seem to demonstrate with any regularity are romance and risky behavior, which in my case often go together.

Ugh, this is gonna be a long three months...

(I picked Room #9)

Emibow Emibow Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

IMG_2111.JPG

Alyssa Ma
Lex, who was from Brooklyn, had moved to the kitchen and had taken out some alcohol. Shots? Already? "Uh... I'll only drink a bit," I said before Blake moved to the rooms and the doorbell rang. "I don't wanna get too tipsy in the middle of the day," I added, to explain myself. I could take shots and get drunk later, right now I needed to get a good impression on everyone first. Blake had gone to answer the door, and I took a look at who was there. There was a brown haired guy in the foyer... and another brown haired guy at the door. The other brown haired guy had longer hair then the one in the foyer, though. Waayyyy longer. Like, longer than mine. Somehow his long hair seemed to make him more masculine... that was weird. Blake had already introduced herself, so I said, "I'm Alyssa!" I then quietly went back to the kitchen to see what Lex would do.

37ea315bab04fe0485eb4b681c4f8008.jpg

Miranda-
I hadn't wanted to be without easy transportation for the whole summer, and buying a car down in Orlando so that I could fly seemed excessive, and I wasn't about to hire someone else to drive it down. The drive from Massachusetts hadn't seemed like a huge deal, a stroll down the eastern seaboard, and I liked to drive for long periods of time anyway. What I had failed to take into account, was huge absolutely fucking unreasonably gigantic this country is. It was one thing to live in one part of it and cross state lines every once in a while, it was definitely a different thing to drive from the top to the bottom of it. The other thing to take into account, an 18-hour drive, was just the driving part. That didn't include the traffic or the rest stops or the lunch break. Like the stubborn bitch that I tended to be, I had decided to take it all in one go and stay in a hotel the night before we were supposed to officially arrive. Needless to say it was a very long day and I stopped at a coffee stand on the way to the house. I had gotten to the hotel late last night but had been so amped about the start of the show that I hardly slept at all. God my head hurt, and so did my back from all that driving, and the cheap hotel bed.
By the time I pulled into the driveway, it was a while after I had hoped to arrive.I put the black 2014 Lexus in park and cut the engine. It was tempting to just wait and unload tonight, but I would just end up falling asleep in my clothes without doing it and have to come out in the same clothes in the morning to get my stuff. Sighing, I just threw the duffle bag over my shoulder, pulled out the handle on the rolling suitcase, and walked up to the people standing in the doorway. I could relax in a few minutes for the first time in about two days.
The guy in the door was huge. Like, really huge. He looked like one of those guys who fought each other on t.v. I was tall enough, but I didn't exactly cut an imposing figure, at risk of being unnoticed behind this mountain man for an indefinite amount of time, I reached up and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. "Hey"

Last edited:
full

Alyssa had gone to the answer the door so I poured her a shot and poured myself one in the meantime. Once she got back to the kitchen, I handed her the glass and knocked it with mine. "Cheers to an awesome summer," I said, taking it all to the head. I'd heard some of the other roommates coming in, even though I couldn't necessarily see them, so I called out, "Hey, we're taking shots in here!" Might as well get this party started, right? "So what's the deal?" I ask Alyssa while waiting on everybody else. "Are you single?" I know most of these chicks probably have boyfriends back home - which would suck, honestly. I mean, what's the point in living with all these girls if you can't hook up with any of them?

DimpleDoll DimpleDoll Rainzen Rainzen doneanddusted doneanddusted Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Emibow Emibow

Last edited:
IMG_2397.JPG
I immediately smiled at the cute girl that had answered the door with a hyper attitude. "Hello I'm Ethan!" I said to her in my deep smooth voice as I sent a bright smile her way. Looking past her I sent a wave to the smaller guy in the foyer as well as a wave to the girl that had called out to me before I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, turning around to immediately see yet another cute girl behind me. Immediately I felt bad thinking that she had been there a while. I quickly stepped aside. "I'm really sorry I hope you weren't there long. Here let me help you with your bags." I said softly as I gently reached out and took her bags adding them to my load as I smiled at her. "I'm Ethan." I then said to the girl with another friendly smile
Rainzen Rainzen DimpleDoll DimpleDoll

IMG_2111.JPG

Alyssa Ma
I took the glass and drank half of its contents. The rest I would drink slowly. Lex called in more people. He then asked me about my relationship status. "Single and ready to mingle," I joked with a horrible attempt at a wink, using both my hands to point at him. I took a sip of the drink. I never really enjoyed alcohol, especially Vodka or beer, but I managed to swallow. Beer always had this strange... metallic taste. I don't know how to explain it. It just tasted weird. "I don't know how I feel about building relationships while having cameras in every room and millions of people watching us." I continued. "I guess this is what it feels like to be in a reality tv show or whatever they call it." I wasn't much a tv watcher either. God, I live under a rock.

37ea315bab04fe0485eb4b681c4f8008.jpg

-Miranda
The immediate friendliness of the giant man took me off guard for a second. "Um, no it's fine I've only been here for a second" I always seemed to find myself a little disarmed by overly friendly people. Usually, I assumed they were just manipulative, but I consider myself a rather good judge of character and there was no question about it, this guy was genuine. I didn't really know what to do with that. I was even more surprised when he made a move for my bags, but let him take them. "Ah, thank you, Ethan. I'm Miranda." His smile was infectious and I couldn't help the small one creeping onto my face.
Men, or anyone for that matter, were very rarely this nice to me without ulterior motives and I've become an expert over the years in determining what those motives were. Generally, they wanted in with my family, bank account, workshop or bed, it's usually pretty easy to categorize people based on what they want from me and whether I want company enough to rise to their bait. Ok that sounds kind of pathetic when I put it like that, I just... don't have very many friends ok.

full

time : 12:30 PM

I couldn't help but chuckle (which I rarely do, by the way). This Alyssa girl is really cute - corny, but cute. "Yeah, I'm not used to any of this. It's definitely gonna be interesting," I say, suddenly noticing that she only drank half of her glass. "Woah, you must be a lightweight," I tease, already pouring my second shot. I can pretty much outdrink anybody so it's not much of a surprise. "And I'm single too by the way," I add, not really sure if she's interested or not but whatever - it can't hurt to mention.

doneanddusted doneanddusted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back