• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Stumbling Upon The Underworld [TallyHoe & Knock]

sodium

"no more pomegranates!" - demeter
Hades and Persephone

The King and Queen of The Underworld

tumblr_mx74wtoJfa1r3p6x3o5_500.gif

Persephone knew that if she ate or drank anything in the Underworld, she would have to stay there forever. Even though Hades begged her to have just a sip, she refused.

Plot

In the Depths of the Underworld
Demeter was strict but loving over her beloved daughter. It was rare for the Goddess to let such perfection out of her sight. Naturally, as a mother, that was normal. Protecting Persephone was her goal as a caring mother to the younger Goddess. Yet Demeter had duties of her own to attend to, duties where she must leave Persephone to her own devices. Demeter's duties were to both mortals and nature alike. For without nature and life, mortals would be no more. Each day Demeter blessed their harvests and their growth of food and plants for them to live a full life. This included the wildlife and flowers her own daughter enjoyed playing around.

Roaming the fields of fresh grass that grew to Persephone's knees, and flowers plaited into the soft red of her locks. The same hair that blew in the light breeze of the day, sunlight granting a happy glint in her eyes. Nothing but pureness came from this immortal. She had such innocence around her, such grace. It was way Demeter did her best to keep Persephone under a watchful eye. No one, especially a God, could keep a single one under their watch all the time. Gods had certain duties that needed full attention. However, Persephone was still young and new to this world which made her have such an innocent aura compared to most. Demeter's absence from the girl would be her downfall.

Most pain no attention to Persephone, mortal nor God with the fear of Demeter's wrath. However, there was one who had no problem or fear of dealing with the wrath of Demeter. The King of the Underworld some called the God by. One who mortals talked very little about, afraid of his presence, afraid of what he would do to them if they spoke of him. Very little was known about him to the mortals, but he was known to the Gods. Some called him brother, but none called him husband. None called him lover or spouse. He was without wife or partner.

As for Persephone, she had heard the stories of Hades and his Underworld. There was no doubt plenty of rumors that had reached her ears. The rumors of the harsh hand Hades rules his kingdom with, a kingdom that frightened her with a ruler who would have terrified her if she ever met. A God who was as cunning as the basilisk. Logical, and brilliant.

It wasn't until the day Persephone came across a rather distinct flower in the fields. Such a flower was unfamiliar, certainly not her own mother's work. As if compelled to do so, she leaned down to carefully pick the flower from the ground. A beautiful flower such as this should not go unnoticed, especially so unique. The flower was the craftsmanship of a God, so carefully detailed and colored to perfection. Only meant to catch none other than sweet Persephone's eye. It certainly served its purpose. Simply a few moments later did the ground beneath her feet shake causing her to look up from the flower, taking a few steps back from the crack that began to form on the Earth.

In the crack was a long spiral staircase of stone that descended into the Earth. Persephone was no Pandora, but even she had her own curiosities. Curiosity lead Persephone down the steps, one at a time as she kept her eyes open. Eventually, the only thing that lit the path was a torch every now and then, but even with the torches, she had to squint to see. The beautiful flower remained in her tight grasp as she stepped down from the final step to cold stone, glancing around the area she had entered. This area was lit enough for Persephone to realize where she stood, in a castle of onyx and nothing but cold as she stood.

The flower in her hand had welted along with the flowers in her red locks.

Knock Knock
coding by TallyHoe

It wasn't a place many would like to call home, most had no choice when it came time to go to the Underworld. Hades was the same, he'd drawn lots with his brother and got the short end of the stick Zeus was the king, and the youngest which to this day left a sour taste in his mouth. Poseidon lord of sea, well even he had it better things lived in the seas where as in his realm most things were dead. That or monsters, but wasn't one to sit around and do nothing so he mad his domain beautiful according to his standards, and found that monsters had their own beauty and being feared was one way to maintain power over the mortals who lived above him. Though despite his reputation, which he tried to live up to, didn't stop some mortals from entering his kingdom early. They usually didn't cause too much trouble, and often just gave him a chance to have some fun usually at their expense.

Rarely did he venture from the place he made his home, but there were rare occasions when he'd walk among the mortals. On one of those rare ventures to the land of the living he happen to stop by a meadow and take in the lovely view of the wild flowers. He enjoyed nature, so much so that he grew his own things in the Underworld. He was about to leave when the God saw something more beautiful than all the flowers, more bright than the sun, and dare he say it more innocent than a lamb. She hasn't seen him in the shadows, not that many every did but he was more comfortable there in the dark. But this you g Goddess made him feel something he had never felt before and he knew had to have her.

Demeter may have been feared by all, but really what could she do to him. Kill his gardens? Not likely very few other Gods would venture to his home and she most certainly would never step foot in a place that was filled with death, and misery. Also who would be stupid enough to face him in his domain, no one. But he wasn't a fool either, some grand act would draw to much attention of he'd have to be subtle and patient. With that he took on more look and the young Goddess and returned home.

It took him a longer than he wanted but the flower had to be perfect, it had to draw her in. Otherwise what was the point, then he put the flower in its place and he waited, and waited, and waited. Hades had all but given up on his little trap, perhaps he'd hidden it to well or some damned thing ate it. The Lord of the Underworld didn't have time to dwell on such things though he had his work to attend to and mortals died at all hours which kept him busy. No wonder his brothers found it hard to remain faithful, they must have gotten bored from the monotony of their everyday lives. Hades would have liked someone by his side but he knew no one would willing do that, but maybe innocent Persephone wouldn't be so quick to judge him.

Though it seemed he'd never know for certain, given how longed it had been. But then he was never the best judge of time as things were a bit different in the Underworld. Which was why Hades was surprised when he felt a presence in his palace. It was mostly onyx though he did have some gold here and there, after all he was also the God of that too, but he preferred death.

He made his way to the throne room and smiled cruelly at the young woman with the dead flowers in her hair and hand. "Well this is a surprise." He mused as he walked towards her, "Do you know where you are, or who I am?" He asked looking into her eyes. He wanted her to be afraid at least a little to have to need him after all he didn't want Cerberus to harm her or some other tragedy to befall her. Hades wouldn't let that happen, let her get into some trouble, after all she would be fun to corrupt a little. Then see Demeter's face when she realized her little girl wasn't so naive anymore.

The realization of her current position hit the young flower hard. Enough, that she quick took a step back, away from him and kept her wide eyes glued to him. With each movement she made, the dead flowers fell from her hair and onto the floor where she stepped with bare feet. The floor of the throne room was just as cold as the rest of the Underworld from where Persephone had been. No God or Goddess dared to enter the Underworld, except the brave Hermes. Even mortals avoided any rumored entrance. Yet here Persephone stood, naive enough to have slipped down here without even thinking of the consequences. With each step the God took towards her, Persephone took one back with shaky breaths.

However, the God did not seem angry as one would assume. He did not seem annoyed or upset in any way as most would imagine if anyone stumbled upon his domain. Yes, Persephone was naive and innocent, but not stupid. Demeter had been wise to warn the girl of the dangers of the world, both on Earth and beyond. Especially Hades. The darkness of the rumors they spoke of him matches his aura by no doubt. Meanwhile, Persephone had a soft glow around her, and each step she took caused green grass to grow, only to die and fade away due to the Underworld. There was no sun, no soil, nothing that usually gave Persephone happiness. As she stood before the God, all she could think of was one thing and one thing only.

Her mother.

"My apologies," Persephone trembled slightly, staring up at the God with such wide eyes. "I-I hadn't meant to disturb you." Even her voice trembled. Yet her words were honest, for she had not meant to disturb him like most who feared Hades, feared his temper and his cunning mind. Just a small nod of her head to answer his questions. Although, she had not known where she was until he approached her. She had never laid eyes upon Hades before, yet the appearance in a domain like this was undeniable. "I didn't know... I didn't know where I was until now. If I knew I was lead here, I wouldn't have disturbed you." If the King disliked distractions, perhaps he would gladly send the Goddess on her way and Persephone would be spared from Demeter's punishment for her actions. So many times Demeter had warned about these strange occurrences, only to remain in the work of her mother to be watched and cared for.

Now that Persephone had been given some time to calm down, to collect herself, she decided to make an attempt to part from the Underworld, to never return if she was lucky. With a hesitant bow of her head, Persephone moved to leave the same way she entered. "I won't return, I promise. I'm sorry." Her words were rushed as she moved as calmly as she could portray towards the large doorway of marble only to be met with a rumbling growl from three heads of a hound. The sudden appearance of Cerberus caused Persephone to quickly back away with fearful eyes of the creature.

Knock Knock

Her fear it was a beautiful thing, it gave him power. There was nothing quite like having power over another immortal, even one like her. Hades usually didn't have that opportunity, unless one of the mortals the other Gods or Goddesses had taken a liking to was at his door. He watched as she backed away and he grinned more. Things were looking a little bit brighter down in his realm, dispite the fear in her she still seemed to have a glow about her. Never before had one so pure been in his palace, who was still breathing.

It was rather interesting to see the grass grow under her feet. The blades didn't last long but then nothing from the world above typically did last long here especially things that required the sun. Unless he was the one who tended to it. Hades nodded when she apologized, and looked off in thought before look down at the Goddess he'd be longing for. "You did disturb me." Hades said and bent down and picked up a wilted flower and smiled as it crumbled. "You've also made a mess in my throne room." He stated as he crushed the remains of the flower in his hand. "I'm sure if Pandora knew what was in her box she wouldn't ha e opened it either, yet somehow you thought it would be a good idea to venture below the Earth." Hades murmured, "But then I suppose accidents do happen." He added.

The God chuckled slightly when she bowed and started to leave. "Won't return? We will just have to wait and see what date has planned for you." He said and watched her make her way out, only to be stopped by his ever faithful dog. Cerberus wasn't like other dogs but Hades found his size and three heads to be rather charming now and couldn't see the guard dog being any other way. Hades smiled, "Did I forget to mention that Cerberus won't let you leave unless I give you permission." He said rather amused at her reaction. Hades walked over to the beast and gave each of the three heads a soft pat. "He's very tame if you don't try and leave." The God said and grinned when Cerberus growled.

Hades walked towards his captive and placed his hand on Persephone's shoulder, it was warm and soft just like he thought it would be. Almost his very opposite. "I don't get many Gods to visit, occasionally Hermes but that's just part of his job, Zeus used to visit too. Don't think a Goddess has ever come down here though. I think it would be best for everyone if you just stayed here for a while." He whispered in her ear then pulled away. With that Hades walked a few steps away from the Goddess, "Why don't I show you my most recent addition to the Underworld, other than you of course." He suggested with an amused smile. This was going to be the most fun he'd had in years.
sodium sodium

With her beauty, Persephone remained somewhat behind Hades to keep something between her and the terrifying hound. His three heads and an enormous body was what instilled such fear in her, for she had not seen many harmful creatures such as this one in her life. Yet Hades held more fear in her than Cerberus had. Especially as he explained the hound's purpose. By the time her shoulder was touched by the cold God, she was trembling slightly, taking shaky breaths of her fear. Perhaps soon enough he would allow her to leave, to return to her world. At least that was what she could hope.

How could she blame him for wanting to keep company? Even when the company wanted desperately to leave. She could only imagine how alone the King must be down here. All the stories of Zeus and his affairs, of Poseidon and his interests, yet not once had Persephone heard of Hades on the search for what those did. Perhaps he was uninterested in a love or a passion such as his brothers. After all, who could interest the God who had so much already for he should want for nothing in his kingdom of riches. Certainly not a Goddess such as Persephone. No harm would be done so long as she returned before her mother knew she was missing. Yet even Persephone feared what would happen if her mother discovered her missing.

"I should go back home." The soft voice of the girl spoke up, swallowing hard as she stared at him, watching as he walked away. It wasn't until Persephone felt the small nudge of Cerberus did she quickly move to follow Hades with a shaky breath, moving to walk by his side, glancing over her shoulder reluctantly as she followed, swallowing hard. Her mother would be furious, Not just with her but with Hades as well. There was no doubt in her mind. But it wasn't like she could go up against Cerberus or Hades. This was his domain, he knew every corner of it. If Persephone remained down here, she felt as if she would be in a great deal of pain. No sun, no life, nothing that empowered her to live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back