• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Street Magic || The Docks

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
full

Street Magic

IC || OOC || CS || Rules || Lore
The docks is one part commercial freighters bringing large shipments of various products, one part residential and housing anyone rich enough to afford docking their vessel there, and one empty for aquatic supernatural to have an easier time accessing the water without fear of getting plowed by a ship. Normally bursting with activity during the day, supernatural are prone to gather at night in small coves near the beach to keep themselves from curious and wandering eyes.

SCi9tEy.jpg

Bjorn

Bjorn couldn't tell what was water, and what was sweat pouring down his face. He had been standing over a disturbingly unmaintained boat motor for nearly two hours, and every time he tried to start the damn thing, all it would do was sling water up at him. Were it any other dwarf working on it, they probably would have ripped the thing off the back of the boat and hawked it into the ocean by now. But for Bjorn, it was getting back to the shop and telling Jimmy off for sending him on some crazy customer request, again. The little gnome was probably back at the shop now telling Gunter or Naya off about something they were doing wrong, while he sat comfortably in his office. One of the many reasons Bjorn and Jimmy had a hard time agreeing at time.

Bjorn gave one more soft grunt as he pushed on the torque wrench and gave the motor one last look over after stepping back. The owner of the boat, an elderly human with a big white bushy beard and wearing bright yellow waders walked up behind the dwarf and gave the motor his own glance.
"Think that's about got it?"
Bjorn hadn't lost his patience with the elderly man, in fact he had been a much better help than many of the hobby fishermen that docked here in the past. Bjorn simply put his balled up fist on his hip, and scratched at his forehead with the torque wrench in the other.
"Bah, there's only one whey to find out ah suppose. At least one of us is ready to get whet again. O an flep the switch and wh'ell give 'er a o."
The old man chuckled to himself a bit, something he had begun doing after the first time Bjorn had spoke to him. It was a common occurrence, once people heard his accent, most of the time they gave up trying to understand, and just did what they could understand. So the little man paddled off to the front of the boat, and Bjorn took a few steps back trying not to get any more wet than he already was.

As the sailor began to crank the motor, a spray of water shot into the air about 5 feet up, and came splashing down back onto the boat nearly missing Bjorn by a few inches. As he wiped the water from his face, Bjorn could hear the motor finally begining to turn over and over until it hit a steady rhythm with one last cough of smoke. Bjorn smiled under his bushy beard and lifted his wrench high above his head in triumph over the little motor. The boat began to move forward a bit, and Bjorn's eyes got wide a bit as he was not prepared for movement. Lurching to the side to catch himself, Bjorn grabbed the railing of the boat, but lost the grip on his wrench, sending it tumbling overboard with a soft kerplunk into the waters below the boat. Bjorn looked a bit mournfully over the edge of the boat towards the waters as the motor calmed down and then turned back off. The old fisherman cam back out grinning from ear to ear as Bjorn pulled himself off the boat and back onto the docks.
"My, my. For a bit there, I was worried the old girl was never coming back to us. Your are quite skilled!"
Bjorn chuckled to himself as he began to gather up what tools hadn't fallen over and put them back in his tool box.
"I'll be onest witch'a, ah was ah bit worried there me-self. But, she should getch'a where ya need to be goin fer a time."

Bjorn was just finished gathering up his tools and locking the lid of his box, when the old mans hand entered his field of vision, holding a few bills in it. Bjorn looked from the money to the man and smirked.
"Mistah Burk, ya already paid Jimmy fer tha job. There's no need fer more."
The old man smiled and moved the hand closer to Bjorns pocket of his shirt. He stuffed the few bills into the pocket and then reached down for Bjorns hand to shake.
"I'm aware Bjorn. But you put in hard work today, and I appreciate it more than you know. Thats for you, buy yourself a drink on me."
Bjorn couldn't help chuckle a bit louder to that and he reached down to grip of Mr. Burk's hand for a firm shake.
"Ah, whell, that I can moost certainly doo."

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarlet Young
A soft hissing sound could be heard from a nearby alley, the source, hidden in shadows, the only viewable thing of thing strange being was the faint outline of a slim figure doing something to a wall. After a further amount of time, the shape let out an exasperated groan and huffed its way out of the alleyway, discarding a small spray-paint tin can and muttering things to itself before finally revealing itself to the light.

A young, somewhat tall woman with a short slice of white cloth over her mouth looked grumpily back into the alley with sharp, severe, tired eyes. "They could've asked me to do something simple, like some hate speech about monster, but noooooo, of course not. They asked for this huge mural in a place no one is gonna even see it! Gah." she said, her voice soothing to the ears, yet containing a most defined tone of annoyance. "Such a waste of my time.. at least they pay well.." the woman sighed, looking back at the small, barely visible clutter of empty spray cans and the next to invisible piece of art, full of colour and intricate shappes that could barely be made out. She pulled the small string of cloth away from her nose and mouth before taking in a much-needed breath of fresh sea air, the dark bags under her eyes looking up to the sky and taking in the soft blue scenery of this sunny day. "I suppose at least I'm done.. Now what? The money should keep me living for about a week but I can't just stop working.." she mumbled aloud, finding her own voice, along with the calming sound of the ocean, quite calming.

It was then she noticed a dwarf also doing his job, and just about finished as a second man stood around watching him, as she did the same. Not because she found the work interesting, but because the sight of movements kept her eyes looking on, and then he was finished, much like herself as the boat rumbled into action once more. The second gentleman seemed to stuff something in the dwarf's pocket, and after a swift exchange of words, earning a laugh from the dwarf, left. The elf allowed herself to send a small wave to the dwarf before shuffling over to a nearby step and sitting down, continuing her sky-gazing ways and allowing her mind to wander considering she knew she wasn't going to die this week, next week, maybe, but for now, she was going to try that thing normal people call "relaxing"

Last edited:
Ni'Ara parked her sleek, light blue motorcycle in the tourist's parking area and headed downwards towards the docks. She'd never owned a car, only motorcycles and bicycles, as it felt wrong to her cutting through the air so quickly in any vehicle within which she could not feel the winds eveloping her body. Speaking of the winds, there was a slight breeze this morning, it now close to noon. If she lived off of food like most beings, she'd be heading for lunch soon, but all she needed was to breathe. Air alone sustained her. As a downside to that, it was very dangerous for her to be anywhere with unclean air, such as downtown. She was very sensitive to any toxins in the air.

Heading down to the beach, she first looked out onto the horizon, then up into the sky. Peaceful places like this were her favorite kinds of places, aside from the cockpit of the plane she flew for a living, of course, Speaking of which, she'd just gotten off the plane after a 14-hour flight and was rather exhausted indeed. But before going home to rest, she wanted to come here, to someplace still natural, and get her bearings.

Among the people she saw upon the beach were a young woman with telltale pointed ears, clearly an elf, which Ni hadn't seen one of for quite some time, and a dwarven man talking with an older human man nearby. Not wanting to interrupt the pair's moment, she found herself slowly approaching the elf. Besides, she interacted with quite a few dwarves on the daily, since they were slowly replacing humans as the go-to plane technicians in the airport that Ni worked from.

Seeing the way the elf woman was sitting and staring out into the ocean, she was clearly troubled. Ni wanted to help, if she could. Approaching the woman slowly, her very light footsteps barely audible to the average human, she then spoke up softly, calmly. "Greetings. May I watch the horizon with you?" Ni asked politely.

Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:
SCi9tEy.jpg

Bjorn

Bjorn grabbed the tool boxes strap and slung the whole thing over his shoulder. Turning from the boat as he heard Mr. Burk working on the lines getting ready to head out, Bjorn reached for the money that had been stuffed in his pocket. The Old man was a fisherman by trade, and he only did that to keep his mind busy after his retirement. So when Bjorn pulled out a small wad of five dollar bills that equaled twenty, Bjorn half contemplated turning around and telling the man he shouldn't have given him such a generous tip. But, Bjorn did not want to insult the man by trying to give it back again.

He pocketed the money again, and continued towards the end of the dock thinking about the rest of his appointments for the day. It was a good thing he had given himself the morning to take care of the boat, as his stomach was starting to alert him to how close it was to lunch time. Now thinking of what he wanted for lunch, Bjorn noticed someone at the end of the docks had stepped out of the alley and waved at him. A bit confused, Bjorn glanced around to see if possibly the elf girl could have been waving at someone else. Not seeing anyone, Bjorn smiled and waved back as he walked down the docks.

As he walked, Bjorn could here the unmistakable sound of a motorcycle coming down the road, and then to a stop. He found the bike and its owner easily, and watched as she headed for the elf girl from before. The bike was nice looking, something Bjorn could apreciate. Curiosity getting the better of him, he decided to stop a few feet from the ladies at the steps and glance over at the bike.
"Efternuin ladies. Quit the bike ya got dhere. Wat's tha size of the block on a beastie like that?"
Noble Scion Noble Scion DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Scarlet Young

The young elf barely noticed the soft hum of a new vehicle as she gazed off, her eyes lost in the gentle blue of the sea after allowing her arm to drop back down to her side. Slightly startled at the words than suddenly plucked their way into her mind, she swiftly shuffled over a bit to allow for some more room to allow for the woman to sit down alongside her.

"Oh! Uh.. sure! It's definitely quite a nice day out today, isn't it?" Scarlet smiled, looking towards the woman briefly before returning her gaze forward once more, which was suddenly filled with the tanned face of the dwarf from before, earning a gasp at the sudden shock. "Ah! oh.. Umm, good afternoon." She spoke again before allowing a soft giggle to escape from her lips, she was too tense after doing the work, slightly afraid of being arrested, yet deeming the chance of that happening unlikely considering graffiti was considered nothing but a minor offence

"Pleasure to meet ya both. You may call me Scarlet"
she said, considering it only polite to introduce herself before moving further to the side, expecting the two to talk about motorcycles for a while before continuing to wistfully gaze up to the sky, random memories of her past popping into her mind as people shuffled their way this way and that, off to do whatever it was their job to do, be it sweeping the streets or delivering something. She felt almost cruel for using a permanent paint, but considering how highly-paying her contractors were, she'd hate to get on their wrong side. "I'm an artist, up for any job there is, be it painting a vehicle to work on a page." Scarlet added

Ni smiled just slightly at the woman's words, nodding before stepping a bit closer behind the elven woman. "Yes, the weather is lovely. I feel blessed because of it, as my work requires decent weather." Hearing the footsteps of someone approaching, Ni turned to see the dwarf meandering over, and regarded him with a nod. His greeting caused a grin to spread across her face. She allowed the Elven woman to greet the Dwarf before she spoke up, eyes locked with the dwarf's as best as she could manage despite the height difference between the two, her tone excitabile.

"She sports a 750 cc engine. I'm quite proud of her. I love riding open roads and often take her on riding trips when I have time off. Own a bike yourself, Mr...?" She raised an eyebrow as she waited for the dwarf to tell her his name.

Then turning to the Elven woman, she smiled once more, just as wide as when the dwarf mentioned her bike in fact. This was due to how beautiful she thought the woman. Elves have always been quite pleasing to her eyes. She nodded as the elf uttered her name, before returning the favor. "I am Ni'Ara, and the pleasure is mine as well, Scarlet." She smiled at both of her new accquaintences in turn.

After everyone had learned each other's names, Scarlet added to her introduction in a way that greatly intrigued her, a smile creeping on her face. "Painting a vehicle, you say? I've been wanting to get my girl painted for quite a while," she said, gesturing to her bike. "I'd always thought a pattern akin to the Northern Lights, which I've seen a few times doing my job, would be lovely. I'm an airline pilot, by the by. I'd often wake up and stare out at them in a Canadian airport or what have you, while I waited for the time to make my return flight. You think you could pull that off?" She smiled, getting quite excited about this.

zCrookedz zCrookedz Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:
SCi9tEy.jpg

Bjorn

Bjorn tried his best to look pleasant, sometimes a hard thing to do for a gruff looking dwarf with a large bush beard. He held a smile under his whiskers as he let the two woman exchange words and names, even raising an eye to the offer of the elf woman painting the bike. The bike was a beautiful machine already, but the design she was describing would be quite something if the Scarlet woman could pull it off. Bjorn shifted the tool box on his shoulder, letting the strap slip more comfortably before replying to Ni'Ara's inquiry for a name.
"Ma names, Bjorn Stonehammer. I work doon at Gearheed Customs as a mechanic. Gled tae meet ya booth."

Bjorn eyed the bike a bit and then turned towards the vehicle to move closer to it. As he walked a bit closer to it, he could get a better look at the bike. It was clean, possibly having just been washed or maybe even just kept out of the weather so as not to ruin it. All the parts under it were spotless as well, it was obviously well maintained and kept looking nice. Bjorn was very impressed with it.
As he continued to look over the bike, he scratched at his beard and answered Ni'Ara's other question.
"Unfurtunatlay, I ma salf doin have a bike. I live in tha city, so I either walk or jus take tha boos. But this is quit tha little beauty. If'n ya ever need some work done, bring it buy the shoop, I do work on bikes from time to time."

As Bjorn continued to look over the bike, he felt something buzz in his pocket and reached in to find his phone had gotten a new message. It was from Jimmy, asking again if the job was finished and if he was on his way back to the shop. Bjorn huffed to himself and typed out "Jobs done, heading back after lunch." Before turning off the screen and shoving the phone back into his pocket. He looked over the bike one last time before turning back to the two ladies and smiling.
"Speaken o' which, I got ta get gooin. Bat it was a pleas'are to meet tha booth of ya."
He would have loved to stay and admire the bike a bit more, but with Jimmy trying to get him back, it must mean that the shop was fairly busy today. So Bjorn waved to the two ladies and headed off down the sidewalk in the direction of the mall.
*Going to be moving Bjorn over to The Mall IC next post*
DergTheDergon DergTheDergon Noble Scion Noble Scion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back