Street Kids

((Maar I’m just going with the idea I mentioned I the storyline thread if that’s cool. Suppose Chris can stop him if it’s not.) )

It was the second time Christian howled that Cain finally heard it, and he hesitated taking off, remembering he had a girl hoisted over his shoulder. Not to mention there was both Sheena and May to worry about, as they might tell Christian about him not shifting into a wolf form. So despite Caroline, who seemed to be panicking over his shoulder, he waited until the girls took off in front of him. He pats her back end lightly and notes, “Don’t worry, we’ll be right behind them”, only to start running. At first, the run seems slow, human-like in nature before his feet slowly start picking up, pushing off the ground and seemingly landing on nothing.

Cain gripped Caroline tighter before he fully started almost running through the air, the man was too used to his wings. Still, he had gained momentum and entered the scene shortly after Sheena and May did; before he fully realized what was going on, he put Caroline down, still making sure she stayed within his reach. Then he saw it, Vince’s dead body by Christian and Miyako, bloodied and obviously attacked by a vampire. He grabs Caroline, shielding her eyes from the body before she gets the chance to see it by pressing her against his chest.

Although, he ears remain uncovered and she most likely hears what he himself is hearing, Christian giving them their only chance to escape. Cain wanted nothing more than to help them with this war, as Vince was also a true friend to him, but he knew he couldn’t. There was too many a chance that Christian would see his true self, and then he would be forced against the lycans he now shared a bond with. He knew his true target, and that relied on continuing on with Sheena, so he hoped there was a way to escape from this upcoming battle.

Then Sheena admitted to it, that she didn’t want to be a part of the war against the lycans, and Cain had found his loop hole. “The lycans may go after her and her friends, they have seen her already…” he starts with this, issuing the warning while looking at Christian’s and Miyako’s back. “I would like to accompany them, as I don’t think any of our kind deserve such a death” at this point, he looks woefully at Vince. There is a slight chance Christian will let him go, and there was also a slight chance that Sheena might not accept him. Still, this was where he needed to be.

--

Pandora giggled when Ana asked about the other boy, twirling slightly as she tried to remember his face. Was he the brunette…or was that Siran again…

Jason explained that he had just left, gone home, but he seemed hesitant about answering there question. Devon answered in much the same way, mysteriously, and she remembered the third boy that used to be there. He followed Devon because he loved the ocean, and now he was gone…? Pandora remembered his hair color though, it was dark, just like she remembered. Still, something felt off…

Pandora was surprisingly quiet, only looking over the two boys, she needed to follow them. They seemed to recognize the name Siran and there was nothing to lose by meeting their Siran. Devon seemed really hesitant about her though, he wanted her to explain her hair and eye color.

“Maybe Siran knows me”
she offered, stepping closer, “Can’t I meet her?” after all, Pandora was trying to find out why she was here.

Ana isn't so sure of the boys words. Something felt off about them and their hesitate to explain the third boy's disappearance.

"He left quiet fast, so I was curious." Ana turned to Pandora. She seemed adament about meeting a friend of their's? Maybe it was best to just go and let this girl talk with the boys. It was the best option, the safest. If she stuck around, she might end up touching them or something. She didn't want to hurt anyone else. But she paused for a moment and then faced Devon, who she felt was the best one to question.

"Did he use magic," Ana asked suddenly. If he did, then maybe they could point her to someone who could help. If not, she could just brush it off and leave. But she wanted to know.

*Christian looks at her and May pretty obvious his thoughts are still on his dead friend.* Huh..Oh yeah, whatever you want I did tell you to leave didn't I? Good luck with all that.*Christian is totally out of it that little speech he gave outside was probably the last clear thoughts he had in him right now but Miyako seems to have her shit together still.*

Miyako:Christian we can't just let them go! Those vampires were not there just for me, Half Breed or not she's a lycan and their enemy, she needs the pack and we need her...I've seen them both fight and her friend is a shape shifter don't you think the last thing we should be doing is shrinking our ranks after losing some of our strongest?

Christian: What? It's fine they're free to go like anyone else, I promised her she was free to go after she learned to control her wolf..So go Sheena, it's not like you wanted to be here in the first place..So you're free to go, you owe this pack nothing.

Miyako: Christian stop we need her! *Miyako is actually pleading for Sheena to stay but Christian just ignores her and goes into his office and closes the door on her and the girls. Inside the sounds of him going nuts in there and tearing up his office.*

Caroline closes her eyes tightly, not wanting to see the ground seeming to move as if in a blur behind her as she hangs over Cain's shoulder, traveling with him at a dizzying pace. She wishes she could shut her ears too as she hears the Lycans' howls, but the closer they draw, the louder they sound. Her heart is thudding rapidly as Cain finally comes to a stop and sets her down, then almost immediately covers her eyes, as though to protect her from seeing something terrible. Caroline holds very still, not even attempting to peek as he shields her. By this point she has decided that curiosity is not within her best interest to display, not now, at any rate.

Christian is dismissing her now, barely seeming to even notice her or her presence, let alone her question. He is telling Sheena that she can go, that she doesn't owe him or his pack anything, and he seems at least in the moment to mean it. It feels like a really bad way to part paths, a really bad way to leave when he and his pack are clearly in distress...but it's true, isn't it? That she owes them nothing? Didn't she just help them, anyway? Why make this her life when it doesn't have to be, when it isn't? Why should she not be able to have her own life, her own path?

Miyako seems to think otherwise, but Sheena cannot think of that now. How could she really help? What she'd be doing is sacrificing her life for them, maybe literally, and that, she isnt' willing to do.

Still, what Miyako said about the vampires coming after her, being her enemy too...would going back mean she's exposing her friends to danger? But isn't she doing the same by staying here with them?

"Goodbye," she said softly as Miyako and Christian back into the building, and she watches them for a moment before turning back to May, and to where Christian is standing a ways back with Caroline. She has heard his offer as well, and she gives him a tentative, forced smile as she rejoins him. "I...thank you. For the offer. I guess..maybe it would be a good idea. We're going to have to take your car, I guess...I don't know how to get back from here either, so I guess you're still driving."

In the car she will call Jason and the others and let them know that they're okay, and they're finally on their way home. Home...how weird is it that she has such a place now?

*Miyako knows better, she knows once those vampires decided Sheena was part of this pack rather she is or not she is now their enemy and she'll be hunted with or without the packs protection. But she can't go against Christian's decision and for now she has to watch Christian go in one direction and Sheena go in another leaving her standing there torn about what to do next, she leans against his door and continues to listen as he tear his office apart. Quietly crying today she lost to much and for the tough as nails assassin she feels helpless right now.

Christian was distracted but he had every right to be, a man he considered his brother had just passed in such an awful way. Cain sighed, unconsciously stroking the back of Caroline’s hair with his fingertips; the man was stuck for right now, and Miyako seemed to be unworried about his proposition. Sheena was eventually the one who answered him, turning after she had finally said goodbye to the couple. The girl is tentative at first, and Cain holds his breath until she finally gives him the go ahead.

The man sighs, nodding in acceptance; he could direct them back to the vehicle and drive them wherever they needed to go. He shoots Miyako an apologetic look, this would probably be the last time he saw this woman, until something was decided…

“Call me anytime” he notes, but he doesn’t really mean it, he doubts this woman will ever want to talk to him again once his job is done.

“Let’s go” he tells the girls, staring to guide them back to the vehicle, he wonders how long it will take for him to reveal what he really is with them. Unstringing his arm from behind Caroline, he puts his hands in his suits pockets and guides them with a keen eye. After all, vampires had been crawling the area only minutes ago…

Opening the back door for the girls, he offers them the back seat and waits for them to take it. The man would soon be driving them where they needed to go.

Sheena has turned away, but she looks back one more time before going to Caroline's side. The younger girl is shaking slightly, her face pale, eyes wide, but she is setting her jaw and hugging herself as if trying to remain strong and brave in front of the others. Sheena looks her over quickly, making sure she's at least physically okay, before putting a hand on her shoulder, dismissing Cain from guarding her now without saying so aloud as she turns back to May.

"I guess...come on..."

She eyes Cain as he fingers Caroline's hair, instantly on alert, for she, with her history, is always on the alert for small signs of a man who might be attracted to her or other girls and use it against them, but Caroline backs away from him and towards Sheena before she can say or do anything about it. Sheena tightens her hand on Caroline's shoulder as she guides her towards the car, sliding over to make room for May as she sits in the middle. Sheena regrets sitting in the middle soon after, because Caroline is now clinging to her hand, and her long legs have less room there than on either of the window seats, but she stays quiet, waiting for Cain to start up the car.

She doesn't want to think about the look on Miyako's face, on Christian's, or how they had both been crying. She doesn't want to think about how Miyako had almost begged her to stay. She just wants to get away, go home...and she keeps thinking this to herself, not letting herself think of Vince or any of the others who are now dead as she dials the number of the cell they had left with the others.

"It's Sheena. We're coming home."

Beside her, Caroline is quiet for a while, her heart beating faster than usual as she too struggles with her memories of what she has seen. It deeply disturbs her that Vince is dead, Vince who had been nicer to her than the others, who hadn't let that awful man touch her anymore. She tightens her hand on Sheena's as she asks, "Are they gonna be okay? Why did they do that to Vince...Cain? Are you gonna live with us now?"

"I think he's just dropping us off," Sheena tells her, but she too looks at Cain, not quite sure what his plan is, exactly.

After the girl’s slide in the back, Cain climbs in the driver’s seat and starts it up, his fingers closing around the wheel as he starts to drive. There is some communication I the back, apparently Sheena called the others and told them they were coming. Caroline’s question is what gets his eyes to meet her in the rear-view mirror though.

“They will be alright Caroline…and I’ll do whatever you want me to” he notes, “If Sheena just wants me to drop you off then so be it.” “Remember that vampires may soon be after you though, as they often aren’t as accepting of people withdrawing from the war” he warns. “They’ll be after you because your lycan, and I volunteered my services to help you…” Cain offers once again.

This was a lot harder than he was prepared for.

This was a factor that Sheena was concerned about, one that there seemed no correct answer to in her mind. Going back with Caroline and May, and now Cain too, seemed to be the only thing she could do, the only thing she wanted on one hand, the only thing that really seemed fair to her. Why should she risk her life and theirs for people she didn't like or feel comfortable with, even if she did feel sorry for them, and sort of guilty too? Why should she be expected to die for them just because her mother happened to know them, when her own mother had left them? Why should she care what they think about her?

And why should she NOT tell Cain that no, he wasn't welcome to stay with them? She barely knew him, he was one of Christian's people, though, and that was enough to turn her off the idea. He wasn't her friend, he wasn't her family. And couldn't they all protect their own selves?

But...he knew more about vampires, and these particular vampires, than Sheena did. And if she really was in trouble now, was it fair to come back and endanger the others without also bringing added protection.

She looked at May for her input even as she said hesitantly, "I guess it's okay if you stay. For a while, anyway."

"Uh," said Jason. He wanted to tell Pandora that May was out right now, or that maybe she could come with them and see her.... But wasn't this sort of Devin's choice? He supposed May might deny any current connection between herself and Devin, but Jason wouldn't just make decisions on her behalf.

Was Devin really the right person to make the decisions, though? He'd saved his life, sure (debatably, of course; he still thought he would have escaped alone) and... he didn't seem like a bad guy. But May hated him, and so did most of the others, and Jason still remembered him acting like a jerkwad when he first met him.

The real question was whether he had May's best interest in mind. The boy was skeptical, but he couldn't really judge. One of Devin's problems seemed to be nothing but overprotectiveness.

The boy was torn from his musings when Ana mentioned magic. Jason turned, surprised, and his mind flew away to Lycans and shifters and talking cats and mermen before returning to the present.

He took a moment before speaking. "What-" Then, he cut off his speech, prevented himself from glancing at Devin, and instead asked with an arched eyebrow, "Do you know magic?"

Maybe she just meant magic tricks? There couldn't be that many people who knew about supernaturals in New York. Maybe they were all supernatural. Maybe everyone in the world was magical except for him, and this was entirely an experiment cooked up by werewolf and vampire scientists to see how normal humans would act. Yeah, that was it. Totally. If Caroline ended up being a zombie or something....

*Upper Manhattan in a highrise building's Penthouse overlooking Central Park a man sitting in a hottub with 2 red headed women messing around and drinking when a well dressed man walks and kneels in front of the hottub, lowering his head.*

Jerrold: Master Soto, I'm afraid the nosferatu have failed to eliminate Christian Reese, however I was able to take out one of his inner circle.

Soto: So the mutt still lives? Tell me Jerrold weren't my orders to return to me with that rabid dog's head on a stick!

Jerrold: Yes master but the nosferatu were all but wiped out, it seems Christian was better prepared for us then we expected.

*Soto who was playing with the two women before now grips them both by the neck squeezing and squeezing until he feels the bones snap but Soto continues to talk calmly even as his now growing claws extend into the women's neck which start pouring blood into the tub.*

Soto: I want Christian Resse's head I can not move forward as long as he LIVES! It's fine..time for plan B, I'll just have to weaken him by picking off anyone he cares for. Bring me the She-***** and the little one that he spent so much time tracking. Lets see how much of a fight he puts up then.

Jerrold: If they resist?

Soto: Bring to me dead or alive it doesn't matter as long as you have fun my friend just don't fail me again Jerrold or I'll take great pleasure draining you dry and using your skin as my new flag! *With that he turns his attention to the two women bleeding out and leans in and savages their necks and feeds on them both.*

Jerrold: As you wish master. *He quietly backs out*

(I could have done better but I'm sleepy.)

The situation at the beach was going strangely. Devin and Pandora were both going in circles discussing May, and Ana was revealing herself to be even stranger than at first (Really, why hadn't she wanted to shake his hand?). Time was dragging along, and Jason started to wonder about the future. Would they just eventually say goodbye to Ana and Pandora and just walk in the other direction? They couldn't do that, could they? The girls were being so... Interesting. He didn't want to let a mystery slip away.

"You know, there's..." Jason coughed. "There's nothing wrong with letting her meet May. I'm sure she wouldn't, you know, mind." The boy was addressing Devin, but he couldn't help but glance at Pandora as he spoke.

"Uh, it's getting sort of late, anyways. We should go back home." Jason shuffled in the sand. "You two could just come with us for now, meet May eventually." The boy couldn't see why not. If they were dangerous, Devin could take care of them. If they were magic, then, well, just two more for the growing list.

Jason had even started strolling back away from the ocean, when he suddenly remembered the state they'd left their house in. That... That might be a problem.

He glanced at Devin.

(Time skip! Joboz and co of the other group, feel free to sum up in your next post whatever you need to or want to. As of now, I'm skipping to the following day, early morning, pre sun set.)

They had driven through the night to return back to May's house- their house, Sheena kept reminding herself, HER house. It was still strange for her to think of herself as having a house, having somewhere definite to go every night if she wanted to, somewhere she could be warm and sheltered, if not necessarily safe. She knew better, after the last several days, than to really believe that any one dwelling could be truly safe.

She had not actually spent enough time yet at what was now her home to feel like it was hers at all, but she planned for this to change soon. As she stayed awake, letting May direct Cain how to return home, she had thought with some surprise how relieved she felt to be going back, to see Jason and Rhys and even Devin again, for familiarity's sake if nothing else. Part of her hoped that Hood too would somehow have decided to return by the time she made her way back...after all, hadn't he said that he would be back?

Maybe her mother had been friends with Christian and his group, somehow, even family of sorts. But they weren't family to Sheena and never would be. Maybe they weren't as awful as she had thought at first, but living with them, battling with them, permanently, choosing that when she didn't ever have even a chance to have a more normal life, when she already had tentatively formed what was almost to her a family? She couldn't see herself doing that, not if she had a choice.

And anyway, it wasn't good for Caroline, was it, to live with a bunch of Lycans and be in danger all the time? It wasn't what May would honestly want.

Then why did she still feel so guilty...why did she keep thinking back to Miyako crying, the look on Christian's face in the alley, the sound of his howling? Why did she keep seeing Vince's dead face?

Caroline had been quiet on the drive back, eventually falling asleep, and Sheena had known from her pinched expression in sleep she was having nightmares. The younger girl was holding up better than Sheena would have expected, but it would be good for her to get back home too.

It was not quite sunrise when they finally pulled up to May's house- her house too, Sheena reminded herself with a small smile- and when she reached to shake Caroline gently awake, guiding her stumbling, heavy-eyed form out of the car and towards the front porch, she turned back to May and smiled just as she reached to ring the doorbell. They were finally home.

This was further emphasized by Caroline's mumbled request, meant entirely seriously. "Can we stay here from now on and not keep going away and having bad people try to kill us?"

Ana looked at Jason and for a moment she almost regretted bringing the subject up. But she wasn't going to make an excuse or anything now that she had brought it up. Ana couldn't run from everything after all. At least she knew that she shouldn't.

"I do know magic. Not much. I only asked because I assumed your friend used some kind of magic to disappear." Ana looked at both Jason and Devin as if to say she would believe no other explanation. She had a hard time believing he was that fast. Though she was willing to be proved wrong. Maybe they were some average kids and she would just look like some sort of freak. Ana blinked and gave Jason a questioning look when he said they could go with them.

"You imply we have no where else to go," she said, but she followed them. She glanced back at the sea once and then shook her head. So she hadn't left yet. There was still time. Better to be in some house tonight than on the streets before she found a way to go. She pulled on her gloves and followed, finding she was more tired than she had thought.

----

Ana slipped from one of the couches. She looked around the house that she and the other girl had been lead to. She didn't hear any noises and assumed the others were still asleep. It would be the perfect time to seek out and disappear.

Ana instead moved to the kitchen, she started to make some coffee. For a moment she slipped off her gloves, her hands sweaty and washed them under the sink humming to herself.

*That morning Christian woke, his clothes were torn and stained with Vince's blood, he's calmed down and his head was much more clear. After he showers and changes into a pair of jeans, a black tee-shirt and a black leather jacket. He leaves a note on Miyako's bedstand saying"I'll be back soon" He walks back into the alley where Vince fell and kneels down. Now that he's calm his senses are back to their heighten states relying on his memory of where he and Vince where when the shot hit Vince and then remembering how long it took from the bullet hitting him and the actual sound of the gun, Christian now understands how far away the sniper was and a general idea from what direction. He notices a building under construction and thinks that's where he would have been if he was a sniper. He walks in that direction. The building is busy with workers today, all the new bodies are messing up the scent, a normal Lycan would not be able to determine human from vampire but Christian is an Alpha his senses are 5 times stronger then a normal Lycan. He tracks the scent to the 19th floor, staying low keyed he's able to make his way among the workers without drawing attention to himself. The 19th floor is empty, probably hasn't been worked on in weeks, this explains why the sniper used this floor. Christian slowly walks around the floor, finally making his way to the side that faces the alley of the club, there is plastic sheeting up everywhere and as he pushes pass some the smell hits him, it's the smell of a dead body from the looks of it a worker must have strayed up here and the poor bastard didn't make it down. Then Christian smells them, the body was there to hide them from him but they didn't expect his senses to be so strong.

Christian can sense at least 5 master vamps, these bastards shot his best friend just so they could draw him out..they knew he would come here and alone. They decend from the ceiling and surround him. If Christian had showed up yesterday when he was still in rage mode he would just charged them but he's thinking clearly now and he knows 5 master vampires who have been waiting on him is not a fight he can win..without a serious cost to him, maybe his life. Before they can make a move he dashes for the windo and crashes through it, shifting at the same time and falls all 19 stories down, making a crater when he lands sending a few workers flying. Not looking back he takes off down the road.*

*More later my brain quit on me.*

When no one answers the doorbell right away, Sheena frowns, glancing back at May over Caroline's head. It was very early, of course, and possible that the other occupants of the house were still asleep and simply didn't hear them. It was also possible that they weren't home, though why they wouldn't be home before sunrise only brought answers of "not good reasons" to her mind. After all, she and May and Caroline had the car- what reason would they all have to suddenly leave on foot?

Or maybe they weren't answering because they couldn't. Maybe they were hurt or sick or being held hostage and couldn't get to the door. Maybe...

Sheena looked over at May again, then came to a decision on her own. "Get back, Caroline," she told the younger girl, giving her a little push back to May, and with Caroline more awake now, asking her with wide eyes what was wrong, what was she doing, she moved towards the closest window to the door, studying it. It seemed locked, so Sheena took off her jacket, wrapped her elbow in it, and smashed it repeatedly into the glass until it broke. Then, carefully clearing the shards from the frame, she pulled herself up onto the windowsill, balancing briefly with her legs dangling as she said to May, "So we need to replace the window now...and really, we need stronger glass. Living like we do, is it really safe to have windows I can break in with an elbow?"

She pulled herself through the window, having to twist her long body awkwardly to do so, and dropped into the living room, going around to unlock the door for May and Caroline. She again tells Caroline, who is looking somewhat apprehensive by now, to stay back as she walks slowly into the kitchen, then freezes. There is an unfamiliar girl standing there...making coffee?

Sheena has never heard of a burglar who comes in and makes coffee, but then again, there's been a lot of craziness she's seen, and she supposes she should believe anything by now.

Going to the silverware drawer, she snatches up a knife and holds it up where the girl can see, keeping her voice low but intent, even as Caroline's eyes dart like ping pong balls between them. "Who are you and what are you doing in my house."

([MENTION=1488]xJobozx[/MENTION] post for Devin and May soon-ish please? xD )

All Pandora wanted, was to know. The girl came back into this world just as she had left it, confused, upset, and hurt. What she did remember, she remembered little of, and even now things were drifting, and reappearing…she just wasn’t sure. All she knew was this Siran figure, or the one that they Jason referred to as May. It seemed he was the less suspicious of the two, as he even tried to convince Devin that it wouldn’t hurt to let her meet her.

Excited at the decision, Pandora attacked the boy with a bear hug “Yay!” she cheered, hopping over to also hug Devin. “Yay yay yay!” her cheeks puffed out slightly, and she backed up awkwardly, the mean boy probably didn’t trust her yet. She and Ana were offered a place to stay for the night though, and they both accepted, her more gladly than her companion. She liked these people, but there was still something poking her about them being familiar.

--

Cain was tired by the time they reached the house. The man had spent the whole night driving, and yesterday they had gone through a battle. The girl’s in the back managed to stay up with him, and he was still unsure on how they managed when they had done more fighting then him. With the help of May’s direction he had made it there though, and he rested on the wheel slightly after he turned the car off, letting the girl’s open their own doors for the change.

Unbuckling, he climbs out of the driver’s seat and stretches, the exhaustion hitting him. He watches the girl’s from his spot next to the car, before finally submitting to his need

“I’m just going to sleep… In the car” Cain announces, before climbing into the back seat before closing the door he calls, “Wake me if you need me!” and then collapses on the back seat, before he passes out completely, he concentrates. Another biblical verse before a ward is up, protecting the house and only the house from the creatures they saw yesterday. The he is out like a light.

( Sorry guys! D: My posting rate sucks ass. Like, really. It's pathetic how little I post :( )

May was exhausted. To put it gently. She didn't want to think about yesterday, all that happened. When she and Sheena had made it to Christian. Well. Vince was dead. The stench of the blood even got through her nose when she shifted her senses to human. She had never seen Christian and Miyako so weak. Miyako was almost in tears, begging Sheena to stay, whereas Christian just told her to go. He didn't even care.

Usually, May would have been thrilled. But no. She hadn't disliked Vince, in fact, he was probably the most like-able Lycan there. He had helped them and Caroline, even if it had been in a gruesome way. But still. For him to die so suddenly, so cruelly. It was sickening. She knew it had shaken Sheena up, Caroline of course, and even she herself was a bit reserved after his death. Most of their journey home was spent in silence, apart from May directing Cain on where to go.

She didn't mind the Lycan joining them. She knew Devin would kick up a fuss - but what did she care? She didn't care what Devin thought, and if Cain was going to help protect Sheena then May was fine with it, even slightly thankful. Cain was the second most trustworthy Lycan from Christian's pack behind Vince. Well, she guessed he must be the first now, since Vince was gone.

She returned Sheena's smile as the girl rung the doorbell, still feeling not entirely there, but still better than she had felt with Vince's blood all around her. She still found it hard to look at her house, their house, remembering what used to happen behind those closed doors, still envisioning her Father waiting for her after school. But then she mentally shook herself. He was gone now, this was their house. Sheena, May, Jason, Rhys and Caroline even. Hood, if he ever returned. They had lost a few along the way, Kira being the most prominent, but they were a family now. A messed up, mainly-supernatural, not entirely correct little family. She still wasn't sure if she or Sheena was the dad in this family. I mean, it had to be one of them right? They were the couple of the group, and she was pretty sure Jason was a bit too young to be the 'dad'

It was a funny image though, Jason as the dad.

It was then that May caught Sheena's worried glance, and with a frown she also noticed no-one had answered yet. The same thoughts that Sheena was having ran through her head, and she walked closer, catching Caroline as Sheena proceeded to find a way into the house. May grinned at Sheena as the girl - now half-way in the window - turned to her with the good idea of getting some better windows. "That's the first thing on my re-decorating list. Once one of us gets a job of course, or some money or something."

After Sheena unlocks the door, warning Caro to stay back, May takes the pre-teen by the hand and leads her into the house, standing a way back from Sheena, who is holding a knife and pointing it a complete stranger making coffee. May's alert goes up instantly and she keeps Caroline slightly behind her. She says nothing for now, letting Sheena deal with it, she will speak out if the girl shows any offensive behavior.

------------

Devin shifted as the girl, Pandora, asked if she could meet Siran. Was she one of Calius's people? Was that why she was so eager to meet Siran? Looking her over, he concluded she didn't look like much trouble. But then again, looks can be decieving. I mean, May was the prettiest, daintiest looking girl he knew.... And she could kill a man with her bare hands. Or claws in some cases.

He didn't respond to the girl, not quite sure how to. Then Ana turned to him, asking if Rhys used magic, and Devin frowned at her as if she insane, "Magic? Not that I know of." Technically, he didn't use magic. He just happens to have a mermaid tail attached to him when he goes into the water. That wasn't magic right?

Then Jason spoke, May's name making Devin glance to him, nothing wrong? Did Jason not understand Calius was after Ma--Oh wait, no, he didn't. Jason declared they should be going anyway, then began to stroll off. Wasn't he forgetting that there was two dead, mutilated shifter bodies in their house? Apparently he remembered, as he gave Devin that glance that meant, 'oh shizz man we're got dead bodies sitting in our house'

Devin sighed, obviously not exactly pleased with the situation, but he strided off anyway, calling back, "If you wanna meet Siran then keep up with Jase" The nickname just slipped out, if the boy didn't like it he could correct him. He made sure to keep about 2 minutes ahead of Jason and the two girls, so that he had time to slip into the house, quickly bag the bodies and any associated parts. He only had time to clean the place up and chuck the body bags upstairs hidden away before the three got there. The couch was still ripped though, but that just looked like it was because it was old and tatty.

Hopefully.

--------------

Devin made sure to wake himself up early the next morning, hoping to chuck the bodies in the forest and maybe burn them while the girls were still asleep. So this is why he was, in the morning, carrying two body bags over his shoulders, and this is why he managed to get caught by May and Caroline as he reached the bottom of the stairs. May raised a brow at him, having heard him, "Why haven't you left y--What are you carrying Devin?" Her original snappy sentence was cut off as she noticed the two body bags, sounding more worried than annoyed now.

"Oh, um, this? It's just, uh." He looked to Caroline, "Um, just...just some junk that needs to be burned." It was this moment that he shifted one of the bags and a plump, red heart fell out. "Oh sh*t." He cursed as May instantly covered Caroline's eyes, though she had probably seen it. "Devin! You damn idiot!" The lycan quickly scooped up the heart, putting it back in the bag. "Um, that was just a, um, bit of bad meat?" "Get that the hell out of here!" May scolded him angrily, and by the look in her stunning eyes he knew he was going to get about a hundred questions later about why the hell he had two dead bodies with him. But for now he took the warning and scooted out the front door, as he didn't want to cross May's path.

Sheena hears Cain telling them he's going to sleep in the car as she walks up to the front door with the other girls, but she doesn't comment or suggest he come inside. Yet, anyway. She is almost as tired as Caroline, but standing in the kitchen, knife in hand, facing the stranger standing before her, her rush of adrenaline seems at least for the moment to banish all exhaustion. The girl doesn't look all that threatening, but one thing Sheena has learned is how dangerous it is to dismiss strangers at a glance.

May, without Sheena needing to direct her, takes Caroline's hand and starts to lead her discreetly out of the kitchen and towards the back of the house, no doubt to take her upstairs to go to bed. Sheena is grateful for this much- Caroline doesn't need to be there, regardless of what's going on. The kid has seen more than enough lately.

What Sheena doesn't know is that in the other room, by the stairs, Caroline has just witnessed Devin with his body bags. Though she doesn't know him very well, he is a familiar face, and Caroline brightens, her weary eyes lighting up with a smile as she greets him.

"Hi...we're back! What's that-"

She doesn't have time to finish her sentence before Devin drops the heart out of the bag, plopping down not very far from her feet. Caroline's eyes widen even as May hurriedly covers them, and she backs up, away from the stairs, as she blurts out with shock. "You killed someone?! Why does everyone keep KILLING PEOPLE? Can't people just stop dying already?"

She backs up right into the opening of the kitchen, where Sheena is still standing guardedly, holding the knife for Ana to see. Looking up at her, Sheena almost snaps, "Caroline, get out! Go...tell Cain he can come inside and sleep in one of the beds!"

This will serve a double purpose- being nice to Cain, who they SHOULD keep on their good side if they want to be protected by him, and also, if they need his help, he will be on hand in the house. Sheena is seriously hoping she can sleep soon too, with May right beside her...chances are Caroline will want to get in between, but she'll deal with that as it comes. Right now this girl is first priority.

"But Devin is out there and he killed something-" Caroline started, but this is small potaotes to Sheena.

"Whatever, just...Caroline, go get Cain."

Caroline hesitates, then darts out the front door like something is chasing her, giving Devin a wide birth as she knocks on the window of the car for Cain. "Sheena says come inside and sleep on the bed...there's a girl we don't know and Sheena has a knife, and Devin killed something...she said you can sleep on the bed."

Before Cain can respond she runs back inside, looking over her shoulder twice as she goes, and finds May again, standing close to her. "I really hope Sheena isn't going to kill her," she mumbles to May. "I hate to watch people get killed and it just keeps happening and happening."

((I put Jason on the couch, because It seemed like upstairs was occupied…? I can edit if you like))

Cain was woken up by a knock to the window, his body already trained to wake at the smallest of sounds. Still he was still a little out of it, and as Caroline talks, he is sure he is hearing things, but he forces himself to slide out of the car anyways. Ruffling his hair, he follows behind Caroline wearily, “…Who has a knife?” he notes, still confused.

It seemed the girl was originally brought out here to tell him that he could sleep inside, and he would be grateful, if he wasn’t so tired. When they go inside, he sees the boy with the body bags over his shoulders and waves meekly, there was another boy asleep on the couch and the girl that Caroline ‘didn’t know’ was in the kitchen. It seemed that Sheena was holding the knife, and it was protect herself against this stranger.

Cain narrowed his eyes slightly, more awake by the second. Ruffling Caroline’s hair, he steps into the kitchen, and stands by Sheena. He doesn’t recognize this girl, unlike the others he could name so easily, Devin in the stairwell and Jason on the couch.

As this commotion was happening in the kitchen, Pandora was sound asleep, but not in a traditional bed, or even on the floor. No, the strange girl was sleeping in the bath tub, her dark hair covering her face almost reminiscent of the grudge.

Ana was realizing she might have made the wrong choice in agreeing to go with Jason and Devin. She did not except these girls, not at all. She looked at the one wielding a knife. For a moment she almost wished she would just use it. Then Ana grabbed her gloves and shoved them on in silence.

She heard Devin and heard one of the girls yell at him and then another. If he was around, then why couldn't he just say that Ana was not some kind of robber or something. Ana licked her lips, knowing she had to say something. She felt nervous and her hands itched. Her curse always seemed to almost make itself known when she felt she had to protect herself. The witch didn't want to think of the times she used it in self-defense. It was wrong to attack people, but no one deserved to suffer under her touch. No one at all.

'I...I am Ana. Jason and Devin...they said...I thought they lived here...I've done nothing wrong." Ana looked down at the floor. "Please don't hurt me."

('oh shizz man we're got dead bodies sitting in our house' XDD)

Devin had miraculously cleaned up the living room in the few minutes it had taken for Jason and the two girls to get back home- he had walked slowly- and the rest of the day had gone extremely peacefully. It was a good thing. They didn't really need more excitement. Not to mention, the last thing he had eaten was a bagel and man he was hungry!

Devin had started to absentmindedly call him "Jase" during the day.... It was strange, thinking of Devin acting familiar. Of course, he was familiar. Anyone who'd saved his life ought to be. It was still strange, though; he'd become just another part of the family very quick, but Jason began thinking back at who he'd been before. Bitter Devin trailing after May, vicious Devin tearing apart the shifters....

Eh. None of the others had clean hands. Neither... neither did he, really, if only by one death. It was strange to think that any of them had become his family; Devin was just the latest.

The next morning, the boy slumbered peacefully through the sound of morning and coffee. The doorbell ringing and the shattering of the window made him stir, but he stayed prone until Sheena started speaking.

He blinked himself awake. "Huh... what?" Jason blinked, taking in the broken window, Sheena with a knife, and Devin coming down with a pair of body bags. Sheesh, their family looked shady at times.

He swung his legs over, sitting up on the couch and rubbing his eyes. "Uhh..." instead of speaking, he turned his head around, listening to May and Devin argue. The bodies had been sitting upstairs the entire time? May hid Caroline's eyes as a bloody organ dropped out of the bag, and Jason winced and looked away.

A new person was entering the house. Certainly no one he'd seen before. Was he staying over too? He seriously didn't think they had enough couches. "Who are you?" he asked, in a quiet voice, the first coherent thing that morning. The newcomer walked over to where Sheena was still pointing the knife at Ana, and Jason shook his head as if clearing out cobwebs in his mind. The day had gotten busy pretty quick.

Ana made a tentative attempt to justify herself, and Jason jumped to help, suddenly realizing that Sheena probably thought she was a burgler. Making coffee. "She- she's right! She's not dangerous." The boy appeared in front of Sheena. "At least, I don't think. Er... Devin and I invited her in. Yeah."

They'd have to catch them up on a lot of things, but Sheena and May seemed to have brought home a stranger as well. "So, who's this?" The boy motioned to him. "How'd the wolf thing go? Uh, why did you break the window?" He scratched his head. "Was the door not working?"

"That girl," Caroline, having reappeared in the doorway wanting to see what would happen despite Sheena's orders and her own trepidation, informs Cain, pointing at Ana as though he can't see her himself. "Sheena has the knife, but she's the one we don't know."

Addressing Ana directly now, half hiding behind the doorway, half letting herself be seen, she says slowly, "Sheena can fight you if she has to...right Sheena?"

Sheena ignores Caroline, noting Cain coming to stand beside her, but not softening her stance. When Ana speaks, seeming rather anxious, understandably, by Sheena's attitude and likely her knife as well, and introduces herself, Sheena frowns, uncertain now. She knew Jason and Devin by name...had they really asked her to stay? ANOTHER person here? How many people could one house hold? How many could their group hold?

When Jason walks in, obviously confused and seeming to Sheena somewhat alarmed as well, Sheena looks at him, her grip on the knife loosening. He steps between her, as though to stop her from making any moves against the girl- Ana, she had called herself. When he assures her that Ana isn't dangerous, that he and Devin invited her in, she slowly puts down the knife on the counter, though she stays near it, just in case.

"Oh...okay," she says, then, somewhat gruffly to Ana, "Sorry...just...didn't expect you. So...who are you again....how did you guys end up...with her here?"

Jason has questions of his own for her though, and she turns her head back towards him, leaning against the counter now as she replies. Now that she is somewhat less tense, her weariness is hitting her hard again, and it is much more comfortable not to have to entirely support herself as she stifles a yawn, covering her mouth.

"That's...Cain. He's Lycan...one of Christian's guys. There's...well, there are some vampires who might want to kill me, or something...some kind of war, so they sent Cain with me. To protect us a while...or something. Wolf thing...well, I'm in control of it now. Hopefully. Door...no one answered, and i thought there might be someone like...well, like her." She nodded towards Ana again.

Caroline has been watching all of this with wide eyes, and finally speaks up in a lull of the conversation. "So...no one's gonna die, right? Good."

"Well hopefully not," Ana said, eyeing the knife on the counter. If this girl - Sheena? - had attacked her, she could have potentially removed her glove and incapitated her, although she wasn't sure if she'd be able to do it before she got stabbed or whatever had been her intention. She could feel her palms sweat and she drew away from the people. Even with the gloves she was still a threat. Fabric could only do so much.

Ana looked at Sheena and then to Cain as she explained something. Ana knew the words werewolf and vampire, but she didn't really understand most of what she was saying. Apparently that she was in danger and needed a bodyguard.

What Ana could answer was how they met her. "I saw them down at the beach yesterday. Apparently Jason likes the ocean. One of their friends disappeared as well."

Jason likes the ocean? This was news to Sheena. It was the mermaid boy Rhys who liked the ocean, wasn't it?

Mentally shrugging this off, she looked back at Caroline, finally noticing her presence but saying nothing to acknowledge it as she turned her attention back to the girl- Ana. She is wearing gloves, Sheena notices, which seems odd to her. Who wears gloves at night, while making food?

Okay, so they invited her in...why, exactly? Had she been in danger? Had she asked? Was she homeless too, was she someone's friend? Had she hypnotized them, what? Why would they invite yet another person in?

"This house is getting kind of cramped with all the people taking it up lately," she said pointedly to Jason, crossing her arms. "Didn't know this was a shelter with a revolving door...so why did you ask her in, exactly? I mean...I'm not saying she has to go, but...how many people can this house hold? And it's not like we're...well, normal,' she concludes vaguely, giving Ana another fast glance. She's not sure what the girl knows.

"I'm normal," Caroline protests, then says with some uncertainty, "right?"

This too Sheena ignores as the last part of what Ana had said finally dawns on her, and she turns to the girl rapidly,her voice rising, showing a note of urgency, not quite panic. "Uh, wait, backtrack. Someone disappeared? Who?" Jason was right there, she had seen Devin...that left Rhys. Rhys....what had happened to Rhys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back