• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Streamclan | Roleplay Thread | Signups inside

Kiri1109

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Streamclan
Wanna head to the signups? Click here
Wanna head to the Plotting and Chatting thread? Click here.

♀ 12| 10 ♂
Leader;
OrneryStar | ♂ | 9/9 lives [Played by Kiri1109]

Deputy;
LittleTail| ♀ | Played by Vertighost

Medicine Cat;
Cloudgazer| ♂ | Played by Noivian

Medicine cat Apprentice;
This cat stays an apprentice until the previous medicine cat passes/retires or, until the medicine cat decides they have completed their training.
Moonpaw| ♀ |played by Ginger-binger

Nursery / Medical Attendant;
A cat that assists in the nursery during a boom in population, they help the queens with wrangling and caring for kits and care for the queens as well. In off season, they take a role as a secondary medcat, helping the elders and assisting the medcat by treating mildly injured warriors and apprentices. They may also go out and fetch herbs, and may aid in some training of the medicine cat apprentice. These cats, should the previous medicine cat or their apprentice pass, may be offered the position first over other cats due to their experience in the field already.
Cloudheart| ♀ | Played by Ginger-binger

Warriors;
FallingPetal | ♀ | Played by Kiri1109
HailStorm | ♂ | Played by Kiri1109
Willowdapple| ♀ | Played by Noivian
Talonheart| ♂ | Played by Luxx
Shimmerpelt | ♀ | Played by Veiledpariah
Mapleswirl | ♂ | Played by Kiri1109
Coalfoot| ♂ | Played by Veiledpariah
PaleFlower| ♀ | Played by Kiri1109

Apprentices
Moonpaw | ♀ |Luxx
Duskpaw| ♂ |Noivian
Sagepaw| ♀ |Ginger-binger
?| ♂/♀ | ?

Queens and Kits
SunGlow| Nursing | Kiri1109
> Reedkit (♂), Rosekit (♀), Cardinalkit (♂), Poppykit (♀)

Elders
Birchfang | ♂ | Played by VeiledPariah
?| ♂/♀ | ?

Loners/Kittypets/Rouges
open | ♂/♀ | Loner/Kittypet/rouge | Played by ?
Mentors & Apprentices
Moonpaw is being mentored by Hailtstorm.
Duskpaw is being mentored by Coalfoot.
Sagepaw is being mentored by Shimmerpelt.

Crushes + Mates
Coalfoot is crushing on Fallingpetal.
Blackwing and Greypool are the parents of Ornerystar, Smokecloud, Luciddream and Pantherpounce.
Ivytangle and Ornerystar are the parents of Duskpaw and Moonpaw.
Smokecloud and (unknown) are the parents of Silverlight.
Gingertail and (unknown) are the parents of Fallingpetal, Foxface and three unnamed deceased kits.
Wolfnose and Mimosa are the parents of Hailstorm and Mimi.
Redtalon and Mothwing are the parents of Sunglow, weaseltail and Cinnamonnose.
Sunglow and Coyotefur are the parents of Poppykit, Cardinalkit, Rosekit and Reedkit.
Two unknown kittypets are the parents of Jasper and Mapleswirl.
Mapleswirl and Holly are the parents of Flintpaw.
Wheat and Rye are the birth parents of Paleflower, Softpetal and Tigerleap.
Appleshine and Oatwhisker are the Adoptive parents of Paleflower, Softpetal and Tigerleap.
Bearfang and Doestep are the parents of Talonheart and Tigerstripe.
Brighthop and Shade are the parents of Cloudgazer and two unnamed kits.
Mouseclaw and Acornshade are the parents of Littletail.
Two unknown kittypets are the parents of Shimmerpelt.
Birchfang and Breezetail are the parents of coalfoot
Pebblestep and Littlebeam are the parents of Nightfrost, Willowdapple, Creamkit and Honeykit.
Swiftclaw and Cloudheart are the parents of Moonpaw and Sagepaw.
__ __ __ __ __

It was a bright newleaf morning. Life was returning to the forest surrounding the ravine, with every green bud starting to bloom into a crisp leaf on the trees, with flowers starting to bloom and the subtle morning chorus of birds chirping their delight at it all. Inside the Ravine, however, life had never stopped. A large black tom slowly pulled himself out of his den, overlooking the area momentarily before slinking toward the center to look over the prey pile. He wouldn't take anything, but would see if it was low - it was, due to the previous leaf bare - and to see if anything within was not exactly safe for consumption before plucking a bird from the top, beginning to make his way to the nursery. This black - and white, actually - tom, was the leader of the clan and his name was Ornerystar. Though, come some moons ago his clanmates knew him as Orneryheart. It was an odd change, to go from warrior, to deputy and then to leader. To go from few respecting you, to having a whole clan (or, he hoped anyway), respecting him. He'd peek his head into the nursery, spotting the golden cat inside currently resting peacefully with her kits. He would offer a sigh, slowly slipping in and nudging her carefully to wake her for breakfast, knowing it wouldn't be long anyway her kits would wake her. The feline offered a hint of a jump, immediately stilling when she realized who had awoken her and also that her four kits were still resting beside her. She offered a dip of her head, "Thank you, Ornerystar."She says, watching him set the bird down and nudge it toward her. "Sorry for disturbing you."He says, and she shrugs her shoulders, "No need. You brought me my morning meal, we're even."She says, and this time he chuckles. "How are they?" She hums, "Good. They're anticipating leaving the nursery and becoming apprentices.. I am quite excited to return to my duties, and watch them as they move through their apprenticeship."She says, but frowns. He nods in immediate understanding - all of that meant risk, all of that meant saying goodbye and letting go as well. She took in a breath, "Was that all you came for?" Ornerystar nodded, "Yes, yes it is. I'll leave you to your breakfast, Sunglow." She nodded, "Have a good morning." She replies, soon digging into her bird.

Ornerystar is quick to notice Hailstorm and Fallingpetal lounging in wait for a patrol, with fallingpetal whispering to Paleflower quietly before the two shecats would get up and part ways. Fallingpetal heading to the stream and standing with her paws in the water, likely to cool them off. Paleflower on the other paw sits by Hailstorm. Mapleswirl slinks out of the warriors den, stretching out as he does and soon trots toward the black tom. "You want a hunting patrol?"Ornerystar guesses and the tom nods, "Very well. bring Duskpaw, Coalfoot, Shimmerpelt and Sagepaw with you." Ornerystar states, Mapleswirl nodding in response before glancing about to see if any of the aforementioned cats were awake yet. Ornerystar on the other paw moves to sit by the large rock he gives meetings upon, deciding to keep an eye out for Littletail. He'd like to have his deputy organize a borderpatrol.​

Last edited:
ShimmerPelt
ShimmerPelt had indeed already been awake her tired eyes listlessly wavering as she let out a yawn as she stretched. She had always done this routine waking before the days light graced the ravine, using the time to better herself before her day was filled with tasks and the training of her apprentice Sagepaw. She was indeed ecstatic at being able to mentor an apprentice of her own, needless to say it was more work than she had expected leaving her less time for her own training but it was meant to be.
The warrior noticed OrneryStar making his rounds and dipped her head out of respect and as a morning greeting before noticing Mapleswirl and the Tom conversing. Her ears twitched at the mention of a hunting patrol to which her name was called. She wasted no time passing by Hailstorm and Paleflower before reaching the Tom.
Her tail swishing across the ground before her settling over her front paws as she stopped to speak.
“Morning MapleSwirl,I can get the apprentices, if you could handle CoalFoot though....you know how he is in the morning”
The she cat breathed with a slight laugh emanating along with her words. The male had always been a deep sleeper. As stubborn as a squirrel when defending their leafbare stock but with sleep instead of food.
With that passing comment and a bow of the head she headed towards the apprentices den. Pushing into the den she looked for the two sleeping clan members finally finding them she cleared her throat before speaking.

“Sagepaw, Duskpaw let’s go while the sun is high. We are going on a hunting patrol I will meet you both outside don’t take too long”
Her tone sounding more strict with the apprentices than she had towards Mapleswirl but she had decided it was better to be more firm and direct especially since she garnered the cats respect and was a teacher for another.
The She cat returned to where she had met MapleSwirl casually cleaning her shoulder awaiting the younger members to join her. Hopefully MapleSwirl was having some luck with CoalFoot.
(Interactions: Kiri1109 Kiri1109 Noivian Noivian _em_ _em_

——————————————————————
——————————————————————
CoalFoot
The Tabby groaned in his sleep not wanting its grasp to leave him as he turned over exposing his belly casting his head to the side as the morning light cut across his face causing his features to twinge in irritation. “Just a little longer please, I was just about to catch the...”
His words trailing off as he turned once more falling back to sleeps sweet embrace his dream long lost of catching the sparrow but regardless the warrior had been excessively tired the past few days. He felt as if he was always being put on patrols sometimes late into the night. So he did his best to grab sleep where and when he could.
——————————————————————
BirchFang
Inside the Elder den irritable yowling could be heard within a few feet everyone who had been in the clan for more than a day knew who would cause such a ruckus this early as the gruff looking Tabby exited the den his body heavily scarred from battles long ago during his time as a warrior. A successful one as he would put it but now all he wanted was some cool water as he hobbled towards the stream that meandered through the den area. “Oh curse these old bones, aching as ever in this morning cold. If I controlled the seasons it would be green leaf always..” His morning speech turning into a chorus of indiscernible grumbles as he dipped his head down and began to lap up the water into his jowls his markedly odd fangs making an appearance. The sun causing him to squint and let out another irritable burst of complaints about the morning being to bright and cheery for a tired old Tom. His gaze settling back towards the den as he meandered back towards his sleeping spot albeit slowly.

Last edited:
Mapleswirl looked toward the older molly, offered a dip of his head in greeting before speaking, "That's a deal. I know how apprentices can be in the morning too."He says, chuckling. Some of the apprentices were bound to get grouchy at being woken up or be stubborn about waking up. "I'll go get Coalfoot."He says, turning to head toward the warriors den. The tom stepped in, glancing over the cats before his gaze settled on the sleeping tom. He sighed. He's been on almost every patrol i've taken so far. I think it's almost fated that we are on every patrol together. He thinks, sighing as he moves toward the tom, plopping down a couple steps from his head, staring down at the tom. He's a deep sleeper, waking him by simply calling for him likely won't be very effective.. so.. The tom raised a paw, claws sheathed to avoid unintentionally harming his denmate, and aimed to bat the tom's head a couple times, hoping to jar him to consciousness. It wasn't a pleasant way to wake by any means, but Mapleswirl had seen when Fallingpetal had to wake the tom and he wasn't about to sit here for a good thirty minutes trying to wake him.

"Wake up, Coalfoot, you're being pulled out for another hunting party- with your apprentice as well."He says, getting to his paws. "Try to hurry up, i'm sure you're nest will still be here when you return."He says, a hint of amusement clear but the tom also understood his tiredness. VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

~~~~

Upon seeing the older tom come out, Paleflower hopped to her paws, quick to grab some freshkill for him. What she grabbed was a rabbit she had hunted the previous night. She trotted toward the elder's den, stepping in after a moment, approaching the tom and setting the rabbit she had snatched down. She'd step back, giving him his space, "Morning, Birchfang. I saw you were awake, so i thought i'd bring you some breakfast."She says, dipping her head respectively. She'd grown up listening to tales about the tom, and so, she was happy to bring him food. "Might there be anything else you need? I can fetch Cloudgazer if you'd like?" She questions, wanting to be sure the tom was alright. The shecat wasn't very talkative and to say this was the most she talked at once? Well, it wouldn't be an understatement. The shecat was quick to fall silent, ears pricking as she listened for anything outside the den. She'd return her attention to Birchfang soon, waiting for an answer and or a sign she could leave from the tom.

CoalFoot
The male jostled slightly as MapleSwirl approached but the rapid strikes of his pad startled the warrior awake with a twirl as his eyes shot open wide Twisting so that he was on all fours ready to fight back “I’m up I’m up!!” his face turned towards his messenger of bad news obviously bothered by the other Toms intrusion of his sleep. CoalFoot groaned licking his paw a few times before brushing it across his face to wipe the remainder of sleep from his heavy eyes.
“You know just once, it would be a blessing not to see your sorry mug greeting me with more work...I’m moving for Starclans sake”
The large Tom stretched out a bit before trotting out of the warrior den his eyes catching Paleflower taking food from the kill pile towards the elder den where his father stayed not that he would enjoy a greeting from him. Yet Coalfoot’s sights were out for another more beautiful sight than a mangled old Tom finding her sitting in his vision as she stood in the stream cooling her paws. A short exhale through his nostrils was all he could offer before turning his attention towards ShimmerPelt whose raised brow showed him he had been staring at FallingPetal a little to long to be normal.
He simply shook his coat out before striding towards the She cat and fellow mentor.

“Morning” “It certainly is”
The Tom replied to ShimmerPelt not wanting to bring up the awkward moment she had just witnessed and the she cat just rolled her eyes accepting the silence on the matter.

“Hey MapleSwirl, where we headed now? I would like to focus on DuskPaws training more than just hunting anyways.”
His words sounded gruff but it was just the way the warrior always was, and really he was soft at heart compared to the strict leafbare teacher that stood beside him. His gaze moving towards the apprentices den which was little more than a hole dug into the earth enough for them to have overhead coverage from the elements when resting.
“Oi!!!, get moving or we are leaving without you and you can tend to BirchFang all day”
He called towards the den in effort to get a metaphorical fire under their rumps.
Kiri1109 Kiri1109 Noivian Noivian _em_ _em_

————————————————————————

BirchFang
The elder eyes lit up as PaleFlower entered his den with breakfast a rather substantial meal for a old Tom like himself.

He returned the bow respectfully before speaking his voice as always coarse with age as if he had been breathing dust for too long. It was good that she was coming out her shell even if it was for an elder like him. He remembered the days he regaled the kits with tales of his battles and adventures within Streamclan. Still she did bring him a meal and that was something his aching body was grateful for.
“No lass,the breakfast is enough and is appreciated. You should have let an apprentice do this. You warriors these days are a little too soft on your young’uns...back in my day” The Tom cleared his throat correcting himself before going off on another tangent of his younger days. The she cat likely had tasks ahead of her for the day.
“You know actually some juniper berries or ragwort would be nice for these old joints o’ mine but first could you help me finish this?”
He retracted as he tilted his head offering her some of the food she had brought him as a way to pay her work forward. The elder then leaned down tucking into his meal as he stopped every so often to breathe. “So any plans today?”
His question trained on the warrior as the she cat seemed preoccupied on listening out possibly for her name to be called.
He remembered how he was always excited to accomplish his duties trying to make it a sort of competition with the other warriors all for the benefit of the Clan.
Kiri1109 Kiri1109

Last edited:
Duskpaw
Green eyes blinked open as sunlight streamed into the apprentice den, and with a grumble, Duskpaw rolled over and attempted to go back to sleep. Emphasis on attempted. Shimmerpelt's words cut into his drowsy slumber, and with a final huff, the dark-furred apprentice rolled onto his paws, shaking the final vestiges of sleep and moss from his pelt. A quick pass of the tongue laid his fur in place, and he deemed himself presentable. Not that he cared much about other cats' opinions, and therefore appearance had no meaning besides being taken seriously by others. With a firm paw, he jabbed into Sagepaw's side, attempting to wake the other apprentice. "Come on, Sagepaw. Best not to keep the others waiting." With a flick of his tail, he exited the den, blinking as he stepped out into the full light in the clearing. Scanning the clearing, he took note of the cats standing about. When his eyes caught on Ornerystar's, though, his mild expression immediately soured to a grimace, ears flattening. Instead of slinking around, though, he lifted his chin and padded confidently over to where Shimmerpelt and Coalfoot waited for him. Finally at the gathering of cats, his face lessened in its scowl to one more of apathy. "I'm here, I'm here. Can't say the same for Sagepaw, though." He flicked his tail dismissively again.

Kiri1109 Kiri1109 VeiledPariah VeiledPariah _em_ _em_

Willowdapple
Willowdapple awoke, startled at the sound of Coalfoot yowling about in the warrior's den, and cast a soft glare over her shoulder at the tom for interrupting her sleep. Regardless, now that it was morning, the she-cat supposed she could get up and do something productive. With a wide yawn and a brief shake of the fur, she exited the warrior's den and padded her way to the small stream through camp, hunkering down briefly to lap up some of the cool water. With a happy sigh, the warrior lifted her head and gazed up into the trees, parting her jaws slightly to scent the breeze that blew gently over the camp. It smelled of home, of fresh leaves and cold dew slowly evaporating in the sunlight. New beginnings and fresh life. Digging her claws into the earth beneath her, she arched her back and curled her tail in a luxurious stretch, before taking a moment to sweep the clearing for Littletail. Instead she spots Ornerystar, bouncing up jovially, tail held high. "Morning Ornerystar! Had a morning patrol yet?"

Kiri1109 Kiri1109

Cloudgazer
"Mmm... Waxing gibbous. There will be a full moon soon..." Cloudgazer was, true to his name, staring straight upwards, seemingly into the clouds, just outside his den. His tail swished this way and that, kicking up dust around him. "Newleaf, like an ember from the ashes of the leaf-bare moons. Alas, new embers are to cause undue destructions, flash-freeze and burn, oh glorious leaf." He then turned his odd-eyed gaze to the elder's den and tilted his head, watching as Birchfang emerged, muttering and complaining about something, drank some water, and then returned to the den. With a growing grin and a light purr, Cloudgazer twisted about and padded back into his den, nosing his way through the pile of unsorted and rather musty smelling herbs, until he came up with some ragwort leaves and juniper berries, wrapping the latter in the former, and gingerly picking the herbs up. Emerging once again from his den, he padded in his unsteadily and frankly rather dizzying gait towards the elders' den, and entering without much announcement. Dropping the juniper berries wrapped in ragwort leaves before Birchfang, the medicine cat gave no explanation, choosing instead to beam proudly at the elder, gaze unwavering. It gave off an awkward and frankly off-putting aura.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Kiri1109 Kiri1109

CoalFoot/ShimmerPelt
CoalFoot turned a teasing eye towards ShimmerPelt as his apprentice exited the den first making his way over to the group. The she cat catching his look huffing again. “It’s not a competition you know that right?”
“Or are you just upset that you lost..huh?”
“Fuzz Brain” The she cat retorted as CoalFoot was about to comment back Duskpaw reached them his eyes having been on his father that unmistakable scowl even now subdued told so much. ShimmerPelt simply ignored it for now it was not her place to handle such disrespect that duty fell to CoalFoot.
The Tom however knew what the young cat was going through having been on the receiving end of such emotional lashings. His thought though was why Ornerystar never seemed to address it. If he did nothing it would fester in the up and coming warrior.
The large warrior sighed before nudging the black cat with his side to grab his attention.
“How about after hunting I take you to the training grounds? I think your ready for another whoopin” The male chuckled trying to lighten the situation a bit but the underlying meaning was to get the atoms mind off of events that couldn’t be changed. The older warrior had always made it a point to look out for DuskPaws antics even when he was just a kit. Time did little to quell the kits frustrations however which was Coalfoots original hope.
“You think you will catch more prey than me today?”
The Tom began again but was interrupted by the She cats cold and vice like tone feels my like the tinge of ice creeping onto his coat. “The code”
“Right right, And we will give thanks to Starclan for the bounty my apprentice and I shall bring to all of you haha”
His voice still full of laughter as he tuned his head to the apprentice making cuckoo eyes as if she was too tightly wound.
Despite ShimmerPelts lack of conversation her eyes fell onto the jet black apprentice for a moment before turning back to the apprentices den awaiting the light grey blur to come stumbling out before her anger got the better of her.

————————————————————————

BirchFang
The medicine cats entrance was known by the soft thud of the wrapped herbs causing the elder to look up from his meal his own gaze meeting the beaming of the medicine cat. The old Tom kept the toms gaze for a little longer before squinting as a low grumble began filling his throat until it boiled into aggravated words.
“What?, what are youse looking at? I ain’t dead yet you should be real proud o’ yourself would you like a treat? Strange...fuzzbrained cat been in his own supply I swear” The old man grumbled before sighing as he took some of the ragwort and juniper berries with his paw sliding them closer to him as he dipped head and crushed the herbs in his mouth swallowing the juices with a slight grimace before coughing a bit and then returning his gruff eyes back towards the medicine cat.
“There, happy now? You do always seem to arrive just in time, Starclan knows why.... well Paleflower seems I have no need of ya lass as CloudGazer here beat you to the task”

Until the toms gaze became to much for the grumpy elder to handle he stood up moving back to his bed leaving his meal only about half eaten. “Have at it, maybe some food will help...all that”
He gestured with his tail swishing at all of CloudGazer before dropping into his nest with a grumble and beginning to clean his pelt.
Kiri1109 Kiri1109 Noivian Noivian _em_ _em_

Sagepaw
Sagepaw sat up groggily, stretching and shaking the moss out of her fur as the early morning sun dappled through the apprentice den’s entrance. She had never been the best at wakingup in the morning, despite her desperate attempts to become a morning cat. If Duskpaw hadn’t been so kind as to poke her awake she knew she would miss training most days- not that she would ever admit it, though. There were stories about how her dad would spend night patrols fending off predators and still be the first awake the next morning, and here she was struggling to rise after a full night’s rest. It was embarrassing, but she had grown begrudgingly used to seeing Duskpaw’s dark tail sweep out of the den before her in the mornings.

Giving her coat one more shake to remove any last bits of ground from it, Sagepaw tried to look somewhat collected as she left the den and headed towards Duskpaw, Coalfoot and Shimmerpelt, her mentor. It was a useless endeavor, though, as all three cats waiting for her knew she wasn’t good with mornings. She bowed her head respectfully towards Ornerystar as she walked past him on his morning stroll around camp; it hadn’t escaped her notice that Duskpaw wasn’t Ornerystar’s biggest fan, but Sagepaw’s dad had been close to becoming Ornerystar’s deputy and, after being told a million times over that she was the spitting image of her dad in all ways possible, she had a deep feeling of respect for Streamclan’s leader. It was probably a large part of the reason her and Duskpaw had never truly made a deep connection, other than a surface-level ‘we see each other every single day, pretty much all day’ way.
“I’m here, I’m here…” Sagepaw muttered as she reached the waiting trio, trying not to look too upset about her tardiness.

Noivian Noivian VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Moonpaw/Cloudheart
Cloudheart licked Moonpaw’s fur in the furiously loving way only a mother was capable of as she followed her out of their den. As the resident medicine cat apprentice and, more specifically, Cloudgazer’s apprentice, Moonpaw had been granted the privilege of living at home during her studies instead of in the apprentice den.

“Mom, my fur is fine-” Moonpaw insisted gently, trying to push her mother away and failing miserably. She giggled as Cloudheart grabbed her scruff, pulling her closer and continuing to clean her as she started humming quietly, pretending as though she hadn’t heard anything. Her smile gave her away, though.

“Mom, seriously, I have to go-” Moonpaw continued, although this time both her and her mother couldn’t contain their laughter and started affectionately swatting at each other.

Moonpaw froze suddenly as she saw Sagepaw leave the apprentice den, noting her semi-disguised stress. “She looks upset.” she said to Cloudheart, who was sitting behind her. Both cats watched Sagepaw for a moment.

“I’m sure she’s fine,” Cloudheart said, comforting her daughter despite her own worry, “You and I both know she’s not a morning cat- we’ll catch up with her later, love. Now, get going.”

She watched Moonpaw leave and enter the elder’s den after giving her a nudge, which was where Cloudgazer was bound to be this early in the morning, before turning back to watching Sagepaw trudge across camp. Cloudheart knew her other daughter was struggling; she had always felt pressure to live up to Swiftclaw’s name ever since kithood. Despite her efforts as a mother to instill a sense of independence in Sagepaw, Cloudheart couldn’t control the talkings of the rest of the clan. She wished Sagepaw could live at home like Moonpaw, but she also knew the only reason Moonpaw was allowed such a luxury was because of Cloudgazer’s unorthodox ways, and she couldn't deny that the path of Warrior was what Sagepaw was meant to follor. She tapped the tip of her tail against the ground passively as she got lost in thought while watching Sagepaw…

“Good morning, Cloudgazer. Hello, Birchfang. Did you see the Waxing Gibbous? There's gonna be a full moon soon.” Moonpaw greeted in her typical quiet, calming voice as she approached her mentor.

Noivian Noivian VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Duskpaw
At Coalfoot's words, the apprentice seemed unmoved... were it not for the slightest raise of his tail and chin, the twitch of a smile that briefly showed itself on his face. "Baseless assumptions, but I'm well up for the challenge." Turning to watch Sagepaw approach, Duskpaw dipped his head in greetings, "About time, sleepyhead. Eat too much last night or what?" Despite his rather detached attitude and somewhat rude content, the comment was meant as playful rather than insulting as told by the lighter tone in his voice. All in all, despite his earlier grievances, the tom seemed to be in a lighter and happier mood, though he made a point of not looking so. If anything, he was merely happy to be getting out of camp and away from Ornerystar, if only for a little bit.

Cloudgazer
"The birched fang lives another day. Glorious." His ears flicked towards the entrance, and the cross-eyed medicine cat turned to see his apprentice walking in. "The glory continues. Greetings, tiny moon." At Moonpaw's mention of the waxing gibbous, he frowned and tilted his head. "The stars reveal many things, young Moonpaw, but alas they do not show themselves. You see, but lack the eyes. We will amend that." Cryptic as ever, his frown gave way to a small grin, nosing the remains of Birchfang's uneaten meal. "A body of waste is a river of rot." With that unsettling image in mind, the medicine cat took a few bites himself, before standing again. "Feast now, crescent ascending, for the blooms await. Den when you're done." With the dip of his head to Birchfang and Paleflower, Cloudgazer stepped out of the den and slowly made his way back to the medicine cat den.

_em_ _em_ VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

"What looks like half a cat?"
"I don't know, Littletail, what?"
"The other half!"
Oh, and the clan laughed and laughed. Then everyone was literally in half, and they all kept laughing and Littletail started to become smaller and smaller and-
And now she was awake.
"Well. Alright then." Littletail frowned to herself. Must have been something I ate...
Now that she was awake, she knew sleep wouldn't happen until tonight. It always took forever for Littletail to fall asleep. Once she couldn't sleep until the sun was up, going through the day sleepwalking. She didn't know how, it's not like she didn't have enough to do. Being the Deputy wasn't just sitting on your butt all day. Speaking of which.
She rolled off of her back and stretched out, wiggling her tail. The weird dream already fading away, Littletail skipped out of the den and spotted Ornerystar pretty much straight away. Her other clanmates were also starting to appear, getting ready for the day. The world outside the den was bright and loud. Bird song filled the air, colour had returned to the leaves. Littletail's mouth watered. Birds. Singing about how good they taste, surely. What else would they sing about? Bouncing up to Ornerystar, she greeted him, "Morning, morning! Did you sleep well? I did. Weird dream though."
She flicked her ears about, listening to the soft buzz of the clan. Cats mewing to each other, shuffling about the camp. It was a nice sound, relaxing. Made her feel safe.

Ornerystar
Ornerystar offered a nod of greeting to Sagepaw when he spotted her, having barely caught a glimpse of her dipping her head in his direction. "Morning, Willowdapple."He greeted the shecat as she approached. "We have hunting patrol heading out. I'm waiting on Littletail so she can lead a border patrol, however."He responds, soon picking up pawsteps approaching him, "Ah, speaking of my deputy. Good morning, Littletail. I did sleep well."He says, sighing. "I'd like you to gather a group of cats to do a patrol of the borders. I think a patrol of six total would be fine. In the event some predators are also taking advantage of how active the forest is this morning."He says, referring more or less to non-nocturnal animals like cougars and birds. "Be sure to do a thorough check of our border that leads to the mountain as a result, i don't need our patrols coming across any hungry cougars."He adds on.

Mapleswirl
The tom glanced toward Coalfoot, "We'll head over towards the dried out pond. Because newleaf is here, that area is bound to be full of birds and squirrels. Can also work on the apprentices' battle training before we start hunting." He says, thinking dully on the subject of what they could do since Coalfoot apparently wanted to focus more on training rather than hunting. "Though, could head over to the mine, use it as a way to teach the apprentices to navigate in total darkness thought scent training."He says, moving and raising his hind leg to scratch behind his ear while he balanced on his other three legs. The tom soon lowered his foot to the ground again and shook himself out. Mapleswirl offered a glance to the apprentices as they approached. "

Paleflower
"You're probably right on that, but, apprentices aren't going to grab the better bits of prey. You can always tell how much a cat respects their elders by what they offer them as a meal."She says, remembering Appleshine's words. Her adoptive mother always nagged Tigerleap, when he was an apprentice, to bring the best food to the elders as a sign of respect. Her brother would always groan 'But, they never finish it anyway.' and Appleshine would stare at him, and cuff him over the head with a paw, telling him that it's better to bring too much than too little. She cleared her throat, about to respond when she heard pawsteps, she turned, moving aside as another body entered the den, Cloudgazer. He both infuses me with anxiety and calms me. It's reassuring.. and frightening. She thought, offering a dip of her head in respect. Swear, he's got a few fleas on his brain but, you won't ever hear me say that aloud. She turned back, "I was thinking on going on a patrol, but, if im not called for a morning patrol, i'll just head out to hunt on my own."She says, getting to her paws. "Morning Cloudgazer.. I think i'll head out and see if i can catch a patrol."She says, dipping her head and soon leaving the den. The shecat wouldn't normally eat the meal, even if offered. It was better suited for the elder himself or a cat who wasn't typically going to hunt- such as a cloudgazer.

CoalFoot
At MapleSwirl’s suggestion the Tom swung his head side to side in thought of the option of alternate training they could offer the apprentices. His own apprentice seeming to have awoken on the wrong side of the moss this morning a short rising hiss emanating from his throat but he stopped it short of allowing words to follow as he pushed past the others now knowing the direction they had to head.
“Let’s be off then, nothing will get done if we keep yowling about it. Keep up Duskpaw”
His gait gaining speed as he hit the entrance to the camp and turned south east towards the waterless pond using the brisk movement as a way to condition the muscles in his shoulders and flanks. His breaths exhaling through his nostrils and inhales filling his lungs with cool morning air as he ran vaulting over a downed log amongst the brush startling a rodent from its morning meal as it darted across his vision, the warrior turned on his paws lunging like fluid amidst a coursing river his fangs meeting their mark as he curtly and swiftly ended the creatures life. Silently giving thanks to Starclan before continuing to move towards the destination only slowing once he had arrived. Carefully edging down into the small depression he dropped the kill aside some stones and using a paw covered it so it would be undisturbed while they trained for the morning. The Tom would then turn with a huff awaiting the others if they chose to train first and hunt later like he had. They did have the entire day after all no time like the present to improve the apprentices skills, and no better opponent than himself.
Noivian Noivian Kiri1109 Kiri1109
————————————————————————

ShimmerPelt
The she cat on the other hand just shook her head as the male bounded up towards the entrance.
“MapleSwirl you should go with them, we will focus on hunting lest we go hungry tonight and meet you midday at the mines, let’s go Sagepaw” The mentor started up the path herself but at a slower pace saving her energy for the hunting she would inevitably be doing for both herself and CoalFoot, he had always been hotheaded like this. She was surprised the nonchalant answer Duskpaw gave would cause this change in demeanor though. ShimmerPelt felt a lesson was to be taught to the younger Tom today and that her presence wouldn’t be necessary for it.
“This morning you were late again.” The female breathed but not mentioning it any further knowing the apprentice was likely already beating herself up about it.
Her eyes looked back at Sagepaw before turning back to the front as she broke off a little more eastwards from the others.
“Right, how do we catch a bird little one?, it is not the same as a field mouse or squirrels. Show me your technique”
Her words sounding cool as she stopped and sat to see the warrior in training stalking stance. Her piercing eyes looking for any imperfection to critique. She knew of the young she cats father and his untimely end. How it affected the female and why she unlike her sister was more oriented to being a warrior. ShimmerPelts goal, her only care right now. Was to train SwiftClaws daughter to become a warrior he would be proud of.

_em_ _em_
——————————————————————
BirchFang
“Your the one with a little rot in the brain but your a great medicine cat, apologies for my words CloudGazer I am just more aggravated by my age this morning, and yes lass you go on to your duties”
The ornery cat finished and apologized not meaning to seem so off putting towards the cat whose job it was to help him with his aches and pains.
Moonpaw entered and the elder huffed at her entrance at least acknowledging her presence before tucking his tail around him and the sounds of soft snoring emanating from his form as his chest rose and fell softly the older male drifting off to sleep despite all these encounters so early this morning.

Sagepaw
Sagepaw dropped to the ground into her stalking position, observing the birds in the trees above who were enjoying the fresh newleaf sun. There was a particularly juicy one flying in one of the higher branches; it would’ve been easier to go after one of the smaller birds on the lower branches, but Sagepaw had also been a try-hard- not to mention she knew she was capable of going above and beyond. Going for one of the lower branches would’ve garnered a critique from Shimmerpelt because she knew Sagepaw could do better than that, too. And she had been late. Again. She owed Shimmerpelt some extra effort in her lesson today.

Controlling the shaking in her hips so that it was barely visible, Sagepaw scurried into a bush to her right, shaking the branches on purpose and drawing the birds’ attention. She snuck through the rest of the underbrush surrounding the tree as quietly as possible, and once she reached the opposite side of the flock’s attention she scaled the tree and grabbed her target with her claws, dropping to the ground and giving it a swift, fatal bite to the neck. As the other birds flew away, Sagepaw dropped her prey in front of Shimmerpelt proudly.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

☾ MOONPAW. | Kiri1109 Kiri1109
as the warmth of huddled bodies gently dissipated from the apprentice's den, and the clan's swelling volume began to leak into its peaceful corners, moonpaw slowly withdrew from her slumber. pale emerald eyes tentatively opened, black pupils broadening and contracting as her vision gradually honed around the fine details of her surrounding scenery. she lingered momentarily, allowing the remainder of her senses to crawl back to her as she watched the soft radiance of the morning sunlight chase the shadows of the night back to the edges of the space, now forlornly filled with empty nests and still air. the long-haired molly finally raised her groggy head off white-toed paws, eyes naturally gravitating to the nest nearest hers, seeking the familiar sight of her brother, duskpaw. noticing his absence, moonpaw's ears immediately pricked upwards, the tip of her tail beginning to twitch somewhat nervously. gathering herself onto her paws, the youthful molly shook out her lengthy gray fur and briskly groomed the sleep-ruffled hairs, mind already fixated on discovering where he'd gone. once she'd determined herself presentable, she emerged from the apprentice's den and swept her pale green stare across the expanse of streamclan's camp. her sight caught on the black-and-white shape of her father, ornerystar, conversing with a few other cats- yet failed to locate either her brother, or even her mentor. she hesitated for a moment, not sure whether or not to approach ornerystar, so she loitered at the mouth of her den, shifting her weight absent-mindedly from paw to paw and waiting for an opportunity to speak to him.

✯ TALONHEART. | Kiri1109 Kiri1109 , Vertighost Vertighost , Noivian Noivian
the irked meows of another warrior pierced talonheart's dormant mind, wrenching the tomcat free from the secure clutches of slumber. somewhat disgruntled, he raised his head and blinked open a rich golden gaze, surveying his vicinity for a culprit- yet whoever had generated such noise had already fled the scene. with a puff, the tomcat hefted himself onto his paws and unfurled his brawny physique into a long, luxurious stretch, a tremble rocking through his body and jolting his senses awake. still with a slight drowsiness about him, talonheart bumbled forward and dragged himself out of the warriors den, blinking the lingering sleep from his eyes as he casted a sweeping glance around camp. he noted some cats gathering around ornerystar and littletail, and figured they were searching for extra paws to conscript to a patrol. with nothing better to do, the tabby-and-white tomcat approached the small gathering, flicking his tail in warm greeting. "morning," he mewed in his low, hearty voice. "what's on the agenda today?"

✧ CARDINALKIT. | Kiri1109 Kiri1109
the stocky cream tabby-and-white body of little cardinalkit stirred against his mother's warm belly. he nestled deeper into her soft, dense golden fur, desperately clinging to the final seconds of sleep, though the morning assuredly had him in its grasp. finally adjourning the fight, cardinalkit cracked open blazing amber orbs and lifted his small head, glancing sharply around until they fixated on sunglow. the kitten flashed a toothy smile, before mumbling through a broad yawn, "g'morning, momma!" an invigorating shudder quaked his tiny frame, initiating the tom-kit to hop onto his paws and clamber over the bodies of his litter-mates until he stumbled in front of his mother, twisting around and giving her another charming grin. "is it time for breakfast yet?"

Noivian Noivian _em_ _em_ luxnoctis luxnoctis VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Vertighost Vertighost

Sunglow
The queen had finished her bird, the female uncurling her body from her kits now that they seemed to be stirring awake. The queen offered a low hum, tail swishing as she allowed her kits to wake. "Morning, dear."She greets him, slowly pushing herself up into a sitting position. Sunglow's own eyes peer out of the den, "As for breakfast, i think it is."She says, getting to her paws, "Stay with your siblings while they wake, i'll grab you all something to eat."She says, stretching out her limbs before moving towards the entrance of the den. The molly halting when something - or rather, somekit - leapt and grabbed onto her tail. She turned, looking at whom had done so to find Reedkit currently wrapped around her tail partially. She chuckled softly at her kit's antics, "Morning to you too, Reed. Off Momma's tail or you don't get breakfast."She says, though it was clear there was no truth to her words - she wouldn't starve her kit for merely playing. He let go, giggling as he rolled onto his paws, shaking out his thick kitten fur which was slowly giving way to his thick adult fur. The tom soon retreating to stand with his siblings. He was the odd one out, being the only kit of them that didn't have cream in their fur. Nonetheless, he was quite proud as that meant.. He looked like papa. Sunglow sighed, "I'll be back in a moment."She says, and exits the den, trotting off toward the prey pile to fetch something for her kits this time. She had herself her own breakfast, in peace no less, thanks to Ornerystar coming and waking her. She sighed, looking over the pile before plucking two squirrels. She'd turn on paw, pausing briefly as she watched the patrol leave. Soon, i'll be returning to my duties. I'm excited to be able to leave the nursery and the camp. Almost as much as i was when i became an apprentice. She thought, sighing as she made her way back to the nursery. With her returning to duties in a couple moons she'd also see something she'd actually been dreading for the past 4- Her kits becoming apprentices. Sunglow would enter the den once more, the two squirrels were enough for her kits, that much she was sure. When they were older, they'd each require their own piece of prey, but, for now? They could easily split a piece. Two squirrels meant no arguing because they want what one of the other's has either. She trotted towards her awake kits, ironically her two sons, and set one of the squirrels down, moving to nudge Rosekit and Poppykit awake next after dropping the final squirrel closer to them. "Wake up, my dears, it's time for you two to eat as well."

OrneryStar
"Morning Talonheart."He greeted the tom as he too approached. "Well a hunting patrol just left, Littletail, however, is leading a border patrol."He says, and soon glances to Littletail, "I'd recommend taking Hailstorm and Moonpaw. I'm sure Hailstorm would appreciate the walk on the boarders, and Moonpaw could use the experience."He says, glancing toward his daughter whom he had noticed emerge from the den. Upon noticing her pacing, however, he realized she seemed to want to talk to someone - likely him or Duskpaw. "I suppose you know whom else to take so, i'll let you do that. Give me a few moments with Moonpaw before you leave however." Ornerystar says, having faith in his deputy's abilities but also wanting to confirm everything is fine with Moonpaw. The tom beginning to trot toward his daughter who seemed to be waiting for him. "Morning moonpaw. Did you sleep well?"He asks, head tilting as he observed her, attempting to determine whether she looked healthy or not. Why is she pacing..? "Moonpaw, why're you pacing?" He asks, curiously, a hint of amusement clear but also more noticeable hint of worry.

Mapleswirl
Mapleswirl offers a low snort, "Right. Let's get going then."He says, trotting on up the narrow path leading out of the camp, the tom only after they slipped out of the entrance of camp beginning to trot ahead. He'd scout the area, taking a whiff of the air and immediately picking up the scents of potential prey. Lovely. Perfect time to hunt. He thought, and soon trotted off in the direction he had scented Coalfoot. "You want any help with Duskpaw?" He asks, then continues, "If not, i'll head off to hunt some prey for the clan."He says, knowing that the tom may not need someone to fight duskpaw, but the apprentice might work better if someone is there to help correct him while someone is a target - in the event they choose to battle practice anyway.. Nonetheless, that was still up to Coalfoot as Maple still had no clue what they'd be doing for training.

Hailstorm
The tom had noticed his apprentice wake and immediately got to his paws, only to pause as Ornerystar approached Moonpaw. Instead, the tom moved, having heard Ornerystar talking about a patrol and mention that he and Moonpaw should go, the tom approached Littletail. "I heard Ornerystar mention wanting me to go on the patrol. Perfect, Moonpaw could use the patrol and i could use some fresh air." Well, fresh air outside of the camp, that is. The tom offered a glance to his once pacing apprentice, It was strange how different the two were in regards to their father. Duskpaw seemed to nearly avoid Ornerystar at every chance, Moonpaw actually seemed to care about her father however. Yet Ornerystar being the oblivious cat he was didn't even seem to realize he was the thing that Duskpaw wanted to avoid most. Hailstorm almost felt bad.. Almost. After all, it was kind of amusing. Their Leader, the Great Ornerystar, was held in the highest regard by all.. but one of his own kin.

ShimmerPelt
ShimmerPelt nodded in approval at the apprentices execution of the hunt before her eyes moved to the base of the tree the shecat had just climbed signaling she should bury her kill so they could move on.
“Very good, it appears your training had paid off. Now I want you to focus. One success does not mean our task is complete, before midday I would like to see at least four more added to this pile for the clan..let’s go”
The mentor breathed with a soft warmth of pride and happiness. As she continued on the path keeping her eyes out for more targets of opportunity. Her paws lightly touching the ground her paw steps making no sound amidst the forest floor. A testament to her own training as she was one of the best hunters in the clan and not without practice.
Within the next few minutes she had managed to catch a vole of her own doing the same of covering it with some sparse twigs and foliage to hide its scent so they could return for them when they headed back for the day.

“Sagepaw...it is not entirely my place but do you still think of Swiftclaw?”
The she cat spoke after some time her eyes staying forward not looking the apprentice in the eye. _em_ _em_

Last edited:
CoalFoot
Coalfoots eyes shot toward the other Tom as he entered the area first. His voice reaching the males ears as they twitched as he heard them.
“The apprentice and I have something to do, we will be along shortly. You can continue hunting, we will be along...shortly”
He reiterated the last part showing that Mapleswirls attendance was not needed nor wanted at this time and that in fact his time would be better spent elsewhere. The Tom further swished his tail in a dismissive manner towards Mapleswirl as he turned back towards the opposite end of the pond and sat looking out over the scenery as the sun began to rise higher in the sky for the day.
“Duskpaw come here”
He exasperated a little more firmly his voice staying calm but exuding seriousness in his tone. It would either be a lecture or a lesson.
Kiri1109 Kiri1109 Noivian Noivian

"Nice, so there's me, Hailstorm, Moonpaw and Talonheart, you'll come too. Just need two more..." Littletail wandered over to the warrior's den, poked her head in. "Anyone awake in here? Need some cats for morning patrol, get off your butts!" She pulled away and headed back to her little group. "And now we wait." FIll the time. Littletail grinned at Hailstorm and Talonheart. "So, how are you guys? Sleep well?" You wouldn't think so, how bleary-eyed the poor toms looked. No, being a warrior wasn't an easy job. Couldn't imagine herself doing anything else, though. She scratched at her ear, licked her chest fur. Littletail glanced over her shoulder, getting impatient.

Sagepaw
Sagepaw hurriedly buried the bird in the dirt surrounding the tree’s base before following after her mentor; it didn’t matter to her whether or not her catch was still there when she returned to get it- in her mind, she felt she could always catch another with ease if it was stolen considering newleaf always brought large flocks of birds with it. Shimmerpelt had lectured her on the importance of keeping caught prey properly covered in the past, but Sagepaw had never been able to wrap her head around it. It had gone in one ear and out the other; she was more concerned with advancing her hunting technique than actually securing food.

They hadn’t been that far away from where she had taken down the bird when Shimmerpelt caught a vole. Sagepaw watched her mentor in action, noting her form and technique. Birds had always been the easiest of prey for her to catch; animals that stuck to the ground were notably more difficult for her, but watching Shimmerpelt so flawlessly catch the small mouse prompted Sagepaw to dart after its mate that had been following close behind. She had been burying it alongside Shimmerpelt’s (properly, as to avoid being told off) when she was asked about her dad.

Sagepaw looked up suddenly from the dead vole, almost losing her balance on the uneven dirt patch she’d created from being caught offguard. It wasn’t like her mentor to ask such personal questions, or to talk so quietly. Shimmerpelt wasn’t looking at her, though, instead choosing to look forward off into the distance. Probably looking for more prey, Sagepaw figured.

“I…” she started, not entirely sure what to say, “I mean, I don’t really remember him, but people tell me all the time that I’m just like him so...I guess I do.”

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Moonpaw
Moonpaw watched Cloudgazer exit the elders’ den before turning back to a sleeping Birchfang and his mostly uneaten breakfast. She was sure it hadn’t escaped her mentor’s notice either that Birchfang’s appetite was disappearing more and more each day; a sure sign that his body was slowing down. Moonpaw had never been one for grieving over the dead and dying, though; she had always been the kind to find peace in the thought of death being the end of a long, happy life lived well. Or, in more grim cases like her father’s, a life ended at the time it was meant to be. Starclan had everyone’s best intentions at heart; they knew the past, present and future; they knew the truth. Moonpaw believed in them wholeheartedly.

She bent down and finished up Birchfang’s supposed-to-be breakfast. She had stopped eating with her mother in the morning long ago as eating the elders’ leftovers was always left to her. Leaving prey uneaten was an absolute no-no, and Cloudgazer was always too distracted to stop and do anything aside from what he felt his next venture was, so clean up was always left to her. She didn’t mind, though; and on days when she couldn’t quite stomach more than one pelt there were always hungry kits in the nursery.

“‘M here, Cloudgazer.” Moonpaw greeted quietly as she entered the medicine cat den. She had always been softspoken, but her mentor had never had a problem hearing her- much like how she had never had an issue understanding him, unlike the rest of the clan.

Noivian Noivian

Poppykit
Poppykit rolled over from where she’d been curled into Rosekit’s warm side, sleepily wiping at her eyes with her paws. “G’morning, mama..” she mumbled. Pulling herself up into a poorly-balanced stretching sit, Poppykit blinked wearily at the squirrel in front of her, yawning.

“Rosie!” Poppykit shouted, before jumping on top of said cat, having suddenly become awake and alert, “Wake up, sleepy-paws!”

Kiri1109 Kiri1109 Noivian Noivian

The shecat nodded as her apprentice replied although it seemed she hadn’t completely understood the question she had essentially asked. She knew that Sagepaw knew almost nothing of Swiftclaw as a father figure, really anything the cat had knowledge of was through tales and memories retold from others. Those would never be hers alone though.
“He was a great warrior, an even better friend. I see much of him in you, sometimes a little too much”
She breathed as they continued their trek to hunt along the territory area. More silence has passed before the warrior stopped her ears and tail signaling for the apprentice to be still. Something was close by...and it was not prey.
_em_ _em_

Users who are viewing this thread

Back