Should I write a story?

• Yay!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Telios

Onyx Dragon

I have been thinking for a while now about an idea floating in my head and maybe I can bring it to life by writing it into a story. My English and creativity aren't at the level of George J.J. Martin's or J. K. Rowling's, but I can try and improve it, right? The story would be mostly fantasy, dabbled with a few tiny hints of advance technology. And I will create a thread for it on here. It will not be posted as a whole in one post. But will rather be a chapter by chapter story, being spreaded out over a long time. So tell me what you think through replies. And vote in the poll too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Musician said:
If you're not afraid of someone on the site stealing your work, I'd say go for it! Just keep in mind that anything you post on the site that isn't published could potentially be stolen.
Hm... Is there a way to prevent this?

Well

I hate to just barge in but there are "Small" ways you can somewhat protect your work...

Now, since this is published online really nothing is going to stop someone from just simply pressing copy then paste. However, there are a few things that can be done.

Ever heard of a Paper Town? They're towns on maps that don't exist, but the creator makes them because it's his stamp, his signature. Smallville might not be real but that's how the maker knows it's his map.

You need to do something that's somewhat the same...get a hidden message in that the average eye isn't going to pick out. This can be done by either clever word play or just making some sort of hidden code.

All you can do is just prove that it's yours. My advice to you is that if you want to start story writing is to go to some online websites that tons of people post stories on with an active community that watches out for copy-cats!

Gilzar said:
Well
I hate to just barge in but there are "Small" ways you can somewhat protect your work...

Now, since this is published online really nothing is going to stop someone from just simply pressing copy then paste. However, there are a few things that can be done.

Ever heard of a Paper Town? They're towns on maps that don't exist, but the creator makes them because it's his stamp, his signature. Smallville might not be real but that's how the maker knows it's his map.

You need to do something that's somewhat the same...get a hidden message in that the average eye isn't going to pick out. This can be done by either clever word play or just making some sort of hidden code.

All you can do is just prove that it's yours. My advice to you is that if you want to start story writing is to go to some online websites that tons of people post stories on with an active community that watches out for copy-cats!
I get ya... Thanks! And i'll only post the story on here. I'll think about posting on Wattpad or somewhere else later.

Telios said:
I get ya... Thanks! And i'll only post the story on here. I'll think about posting on Wattpad or somewhere else later.
I feel like people here are more opted to take your work than people who often write large amounts regularly; why steal someone if you can produce the same or better quality. Yeah know? I speak from experience considering that people here rarely write more than three paragraphs; and considering you plan on writing chapters, I would find a community that also writes large amounts. Just a word of advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back