Other STORY TIME!!! - In which YOUR story gets told!

Scottybird Corvus

Avenging Thread God
In my effort to compile the stories of RpN and RpZone (see "A history of RpN through the eyes of Corvus" and "What's Shoutbox?"), I must seek ALL of the stories!

And maybe...
Maybe you have something to share?

Maybe you want to tell the story of a minor event, like the creation of the coliseum, or of a contest here.
Maybe you want to tell the story of how YOU got into role playing, and so we can tell of RpN's history by telling the story of its citizens.
Maybe you want to tell the story of another site altogether, one that you came to us from when the games and stories there grew stale.
(and maybe these threads will all get re-categorized by the mods to the personal discussion forum XD)

Whatever your story is, RpNation wants to hear it! Put it into the replies to this thread, PM it to me so that I can put my own goofy twist to it, or make your own thread with it!
If you want to contribute to the "STORY TIME!!!" series that I'll be working on more (but admittedly sporadically), then tag any new threads that you put your story into with the "storytime" or "story time" tag, and start the name of your thread with "STORY TIME!!! -"!

Let's get the great ball rolling, shall we? This should be fun! ;3:

Last edited:
And you thought the thread was dead.
But NOPE! ^_^
So, I got into roleplaying by misclicking on that forum on the site I was on, which I will keep confidential because reasons.
I liked a couple of the stories, so I joined one or two new ones, which took about three days each to perish in a fiery, burning husk.
I came back in about 6 months, a year, something like that, and the situation had degraded rapidly. Some of the best roleplayers had already left when I had first come across the forum, and when I returned, a large amount of the better roleplayers had been attracted to another website, actually made by a member of the forum. So when I returned, it was filled to the brim with misinformed individuals who believed that this was the place to put their threads relating to their groups (guilds, clans, whatever) since in those groups they were, after all, roleplaying (Neglected to put the threads in the CLANS & GUILDS SUBFORUM). It was also overrun by spambots, trolls, forum "games" (pretty much the only option was make a story with [1-5] words each!). There were possibly 1 or 2 roleplays, and in actuality they were RP recruitments. So they'd advertise for an RP idea, and if enough people joined, they may start it (and it may bottom out; both were possibilities). In any case, there were maybe one or two active and running RPs in the entire subforum, and maybe... 10 total members of the community remaining.
Give it a month.
One of our members wraps up one of his RPs and starts a new one. I and a few others join in, and he lets us know that, due to the HORRENDOUS censorship on the site, he would be putting it up on here.
So I showed up.
Then had to stay off it for the update.
So anyone complaining about the update to me had their complaints fall on deaf ears.

Merp.
I actually got into RP in a kind of roundabout way. I applied to become a member of "staff" for a Facebook Batman Villains Fan-page , in which I was required to reply to posts as Catwoman. From this small group, a few friends were added to take up other roles and we decided it would be fun to start our own RP on a Chatzy chat room.
Long story short, a bunch of us quit the page and mutinied the RP because the "leader" got far too big for her boots -.- "Oh hey, you're not following the script that I didn't tell you about but you should have just known about so imma have my character go grump over here and everyone must follow...blah blah blah."
Our new group took off pretty well - we had a well thought out world and characters, plenty of plots and happenings, a lot of terrifying "baddies" - but for some reason, after a few months it kind of just died.
I was then asked to join another FB roleplaying group (even made my own character account which I was very proud of) and I took part in a few little posts, but it just wasn't for me. The RP had been going for a couple years, all the characters were well established, then in rocks my newbie who knew no-one, had no reason to really interact with anyone (because again, one girl decided to cock-block me) and I just stopped enjoying it.
The one fine evening, on a bored-but-hyper induced RP craving, I began to look for forums to join - and so here I am! Your very own otter/panda/octopus hybrid~
*bows dramatically and proceeds to walk into the door on her way out*

Hmmm... Mostly because, I think, by sheer accident? A happy accident, but an accident none the less.

Back when Quizilla was still alive, I'd joined after taking a liking to some of the stories/quizzes that were on there, and I wanted to throw my hand at creative writing as well. So after working my way up the ladder a little bit by posting some of my little brain-farts of stories, I made a particular friend who shared a common interest in Soul Eater and Hetalia with me. (Though honestly I cringe at remembering the days I was hooked on Hetalia)

We chatted for the longest time over small things or big things, just whatever we felt like talking about -- and occasionally we'd make little quips of responses from some of our favorite characters from the series... Needless to say, that's the spark that lit the bonfire. After several messages containing these in-character responses, we came up with a little plot and carried out our very first roleplay; which quickly spiraled into a sort of 'drug' for both of us. Though unfortunately, back then I wasn't as mature or level-headed as I am now, nor did I have any medication suppressing my... ailments at the time. And eventually I ended up becoming too domineering for my partner (though I didn't pick up on the cues that she was irritated with my methods) which ended up in a fight that led to her cutting off contact with me.

Of course, I was devastated at losing someone I considered such a close friend, and being the (literal) autistic retard that I am I had no idea why I was in the wrong at the time. So I tried to push on and reach out to other people for roleplays across various series, and the experience I gained - even if it was over a brief amount of time - taught me numerous invaluable lessons that shed some light on what had gone wrong between me and my friend. In a sense, I guess you could say I got a taste of my own medicine. With that realization having come to pass, I managed to get back into contact with my old friend and make amends... Only for Quizilla to be killed not too long after that.

So the two of us moved on to DeviantArt where we just roleplayed together in peace for quite a while - but I soon grew rather guilty with my fluctuating interests thanks to my (then un-diagnosed) ADD. After all, she could have the roleplay on her side last for a month at the very least, but mine would be lucky to last even two weeks before another anime or game had snagged my interest. Leading to me branching out to different DA groups, which soon extended to forums... and now, after about 7-ish years, I've found myself here at RPnation.

It's definitely been a long road, for sure, growing from someone who just used script-style snippets of what a character might say in response to something, to an avid roleplayer who can type up anywhere from 2-3+ detailed paragraphs to a good novella-length reply on a good day. But I'm certainly glad to have traveled it, as it's taught me some valuable lessons in life and gifted me with amazing friends along the way.

So I got into RPing way back in 6th grade, around 2012, back when MLP was still cool to hate and Star Wars was my shit. I first started RPing on Miiverse, the old social media network Nintendo made, and shit was pretty cringy. Back then I just didn't understand the basics of RP, like, AT ALL. I still get a little tingly in my spine when I think about it. In April of 2014 there was a controversial update to Miiverse against spam, restricting the times between comments. After a few fruitless attempts to get back into the swing of things, I gave up on Miiverse in October 2014, and arrived here. I had a few shitty RP attempts, until I worked on my writing a tad, and by 2015 I was fully fledgedly rping. And that basically what I've done ever since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back