• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Stories unwritten

Hellfire

The strong must protect the weak
I have been a writier for a long time now, but I have honestly never put any of my works out for public consumtion and critizisim. I have a small fear of letting my works out into the world, although I know that is foolish.

I have finally decided to get some stories out there, and i am going to use this thread to do so. I would love to hear advice on stories, my writing style, and other such things. Do not be afriad to be harsh if I do something badly. Please be aware that These are works in progress, and are not finished pieces. Also, i will mention want it is i am posting: story idea, story, poetry, etc.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy my stories and beating me with a stick till i get things right.

Story idea:

I have always been fasinated by dragons, and the many different ways they can be portrayed. They can be feral, intelligent, or strange. They are without limits! I have always wondered what it would be like for a human to intereact with a dragon, and possibly become friends or companions.

This story would be set in the medieval era.

A human girl how lives on the street meets a young dragon. They become fast friends, and partners in crime. They work together to survive on the streets of a large city.

One day the dragon is captured by guards, while attempting to protect his friend. Before they part he gives her a gift. This gift gives the young girl the ability to use lightning (the dragon's element) and heal to the point where she is almost invincible. The girl decides to become a knight of sorts after entering the home of an elder knight who adopts her.

Although females at the time are not considered to be able to become knights, she becomes well respected for her fighting ability and is refered to as the Maiden of Lightning.

A few years after she begins her career as a free lance knight she travels to a kingdom where she discovers her long lost friend now lives. He has been imprisoned and forced to become the pet of the warlord of the province.

He is no longer the intelligent, and troublmaking child she once knew. Due to his masters ways he is feral, and used to keep the populance under control.

The story would develop from there, with the maiden of lightning attempting to save the dragon that gave her the abilities that have allowed her to be respected amoung others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to write it own my own first. I am a decent writer, but it takes me a bit to get it right.

Story:

I do apologize, this is quickly typed and poorly written. Please feel free to critize.

Prologue

The sound of laughter echoed in the empty streets of Fieron. Fieron was a small city set on the sea. Although it was not the most popular port, it was still a city known for its exotic treasures. Such treasures could be found in the many shops that adorned the city.

A young girl dashed around a corner of the waking city. She laughed happily in the morning light, looking back over her shoulder to catch sight of her friend.

She looked to be around the age of 12, with curly blond hair that sat past her shoulders and bright blue eyes filled with mischief. She wore tattered clothing, marking her as one of the many orphans that walked the city streets.

Hot on her heels followed a young boy. He appeared to be of the same age as the girl, although he was quite tall for such an age. It was clear he wasn't human, for he had short silver hair and dark red eyes.

this didn't seem to bother the girl as he caught up to her and wrestled with her. They both laughed, enjoying their play. Must to the surprise of the young boy, the girl won the wrestling match. To show that she had won she stuck her finger in her mouth, and with a wet slurp poked her wet digit in the boy's ear.

The young man cried out in surprise. "Annabella!" He cried out as the girl stood as brushed herself off.

"I get to do what I want if I win Sterling." The young girl said with a smile as her friend stood up. He rubbed at his ear, his face twisted in disgust.

"Do anything besides that." He said. After a moment he couldn't help smiling. The young girl poked him in the chest.

"You wouldn't have done that to me had you won?" She teased lightly. Sterling sighed.

"Maybe." He admitted as he looked at their surroundings.

They had found their way to a circular area with a small fountain in the middle. Sterling leaned into the fountain and drank from it. He snorted as he turned and sat on the edge of the fountain.

"If I had be in my true form I would have won." He declared. Annabella shoved him backwards into the fountain.

"Prove it." She said as he climbed out of the water. He shook himself like a wet dog, sending water in all directions.

He smiled up at her as he fell to all fours. His clothes fell away, torn by his transformation. A silver dragon stood in the place where the boy had once stood. Its red eyes examined the girl as it turned towards her. It stood at five feet tall with four legs, a long tail, bat-like wings, and two black horns.

The girl stuck her tongue out at the beast. "If you weren't so big I could take you." she said, less enthusiastic about the idea of wrestling with the dragon. The dragon snorted in response, bumping her shoulder with its snout.

"I know, I know." She said, rolling her eyes. "You win. Let's get out of here before someone sees you." As she said this she heard a gasp.

Annabella turned to see an old man. His eyes were wide in fear, and he dropped the key that was in his hand. "Dragon!!" He yelled out as Annabella hoped on Sterling's back.

The young dragon dashed away, his friend clutching to his back. The angry shouts of men followed them. "You idiot, you can't change in the middle of the city." Annabella pounded a fist on the dragon's back. He slid to a stop as they came across one of the groups of guards that patrolled the city.

The men were armed with spears, and they rushed the dragon. Sterling dodged, accidentally throwing Annabella from his back. One of the guards grabbed her arm, attempting to pull her away from the dragon. "Sterling!!" She cried out as she struggled.

Sterling pounced on the man, breaking his grip on her arm. Annabella sprinted to an alley as Sterling fought with the men. The dragon roared out in pain as one of the spears pierced his shoulder. A bolt of lightning shot from Sterling's maw. The man flew backwards with a loud clap of thunder.

The wounded beast followed after his friend. The alleys became a blur as they ran. Annabella gasped as they reached a dead end. She turned to go back, but the voices of the guards were close.

Sterling leaned down and forced his muzzle between her legs. He lifted her up, standing on his back legs so that he could reach the roof of the building. She rolled off his snout, rising shakily on the roof.

"Come on Sterling!" She said, reaching out for him. He pulled back, looking back the way they had come. "No!" She said, nearly falling as she reached for him. He pushed her back with his snout. He nuzzled her cheek lightly.

Annabella felt a wave go through her. It felt like static was traveling through her entire body. "Go." She heard Sterling's voice as if it was an echo. With tears in her eyes she stood and ran. She didn't look back, she didn't want to see what was going to happen.

Sterling faced the guards, his tail swishing slowly. He charged, spitting out a bolt of lightning at the men.

that is the prologue finished for now. Will have part of chapter one up tommorow.

@Ami the breadling

@Satama chan

@Bea

@Tohoak

Hey guys and gals. I was just checking if you might be intersted in this. If not that is fine.

[QUOTE="Satama chan]OMG YAAAAS

[/QUOTE]
xD well then.

Thanks.

I was even thinking of letting other people post stories up on here. My sis stole my idea though with here writers meeting thread.

Yes it was.

By the way really like the prologue! Found some speeling errors, but I can relate with those! Lol. Keep writting!

Tohoak said:
Yes it was.
By the way really like the prologue! Found some speeling errors, but I can relate with those! Lol. Keep writting!
Thanks. I typed it up quick, so I am not surprised that there are errors.

It really is good. Almost excited to find out what happens

Chapter 1

Dark clouds fat with rain plagued the sky. Suddenly the night was light as a bolt of lightning struck a building, setting it aflame. A dark shadow flew over the home as its residents fled. The shadow became clearer as it chased down the startled villagers. A large dragon silver in color, Chains wrapped around its neck. As the monster faded back into shadows it roared. To most it would be a roar of triumph, but instead sorrow and loneliness were heard.

Annabella shot awake, a dagger in her hand. Her gaze searched her camp. On blue eye, and one silver searched for what had woken her. She sat in a cold sweat, her breath coming in short gasps. The dream had been plaguing her more often.

She rose, walking over to where the smoldering embers of last night's fire lay. She picked up a stick and stirred the embers. They glowed lightly as she attempted to warm her hands. After a moment she rose, walking to where her bed roll was placed on the ground.

She quickly packed her camp, the morning light barely allowing her to see. She strapped her sword on her hip and walked over to her horse. It had wandered a short distance from the camp in a search for suitable grass. She mounted the horse and led it back onto the trail.

Her mind wandered back to her dream. It had been almost 10 years since the day she had last seen Sterling. He had saved her, and she had simply left him. Her teeth clenched, she had been weak but now she was stronger. Her horse startled slightly as small bolts of electricity danced between Annabella's fingers.

Sterling had given her a gift before she had ran away. She still didn't understand quite how he had done it, or what he had done. She frowned slightly and the bolts disappeared. Even with her gifts it was hard to find work. Most would not hire a female, for it was said that they could never beat a man in a fight. She smiled at the thought, she had proven that wrong many times.

She had to keep moving to find work. It had become easier as word of her spread. Few humans had abilities such as she did. Most could not even use magik, and the few that could paled in comparison to other races. When it came to jobs that required magik: Elves, dwarves, and other such creatures were found.

There were many different races throughout the lands. Annabella had seen several throughout her travels. She got along better with other races than most humans. She didn't consider ever other race to be below humanity, which was the popular belief of the time. Humanity, although weak, was larger than any other race. They dominated the lands with sheer numbers.

Annabella's mind snapped back into focus as she spotted a town in the distance. Smoke rose from several of the buildings. She dug her heels in, and rode in haste towards the village. She dismounted as several people armed with pitchforks and other such equipment walked towards her.

"if you be one of Lord Zander's followers, then leave this place. We will not be enslaved by him, no matter how many times he sends his beast to ravage our homes." One of the men said, his tone filled with anger.

"I have not heard of Lord Zander." Annabella said. She raised her arms slightly to show she meant no harm. "What did this to your village?"

"Lord Zander's pet." A man informed her. "A dragon that breaths the fire of heaven."

"lightning?" She asked, her dream found it's way back into her thoughts. "What color is the Dragon?"

"Aye, it breaths lightning." The leader of the group quickly answered her. "Why should you care of its color? The monster comes at night, we only know it is there when its cursed breath strikes one of our homes."

Annabella made a decision. "I will rid you of this dragon. Where may I find Lord Zander's abode?"

several of the men laughed at her. "A girl kill a dragon?" This caused several more snickers. "Run home to your father before you get yourself killed."

She drew her blade, pointing it to the sky. Lightning shot from the blade, startling the men. "I am the maiden of lightning." Her voice was strong, defiant. "None have defeated me in battle, and no one will."

The men fell silent. "If you can do as you say, then we would reward you." The leader stepped forward. "We do not have much, but what we have we will happily give to be safe once again."

Annabella sheathed her sword. "A meal for me and my horse is all I require. I would not leave you without wealth to build your homes again."

The leader nodded his thanks. "Then come, we shall give you a meal before your journey." The man lead her to one of the few buildings that remained unmarked. The sign above the door read "The traveler's delight".

(WIP)

The storys going good so far. It is quick paced, but so far good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back