• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Stigma: Life and Death [IC]

Literally Batman

World's Greatest Detective
RYIrT-189w8RpOnv5wNMSRKBwlTh0xNu0-u_u-l7pTYqcjjlXbELZWAEqIt4RSzT9suJYkcNnheWTyK1m4zZ3Keib1EdXvbFzR4WmdGe8Puvs1D2wNiyljgb0EMrEoJcEr1B2gk5

There can really be no peace without justice. There can be no justice without truth. And there can be no truth, unless somebody rises up to tell you the truth.
Louis Farrakhan

IC || Characters || Extra Lore || OOC

Prologue

--

The Avatars gathered in the room. The room was definitely not the best room that the country of Titania had to offer, but it was the best they could afford. They were lucky the innkeeper happened to be a magic enthusiast and had promised to keep his mouth shut from the Predators.

The room was damp, musty, and grimy. Cobwebs hung on the ceiling above them. The wood floor creaked as the Avatars assembled around a wood table, covered with splintering surfaces and damp spots. The assorted Avatars took seats at the table, as they would have if they were back at Grand Dina.

"Well." Flare Corona, legendary Fire Avatar and makeshift leader of the group, spoke up. "We're screwed."

Immediately, the Water Avatar, Allison Nella, contradicted her. "No, we're not. We're just a little...in trouble, we are."

"Trouble? More than trouble. In a few days we went from highest advisors to wanted," pointed out Scourge Scophom, Avatar of Plague.

Allison defended her point. "Yeah...well it's only a natural phase, isn't it? In a few years they'll correct their mistakes, right?"

Nobody responded. The room was silent. Even Lilly Verdure, Flora Avatar and Allison's best friend, didn't defend her. They all knew how deep in trouble they all were.

Allison persisted. "Believe me. It'll just be a few years. We should just lay in wait and hope for the best."

Lightning Avatar Prince Karfoff spoke up. "While I believe this may take more than a few days to resolve...we had ought to split up and go into hiding. Remaining together only makes the targets on our backs bigger. Whenever this whole fiasco dies down...we'll meet again. Wonder Tree?"

All the Avatars voted 'ay' to the proposition.

"Then we'll meet there then." Flare stood. "Meeting--possibly finally meeting--closed."

The Avatars disassembled, hoping to one day rejoin.

One day, many years later, they would.

---

upload_2017-4-17_19-20-54.png
ES3zvcoSXBKFh1BnQhDrTFIsxrazj7D2sMej_3uUeWfbGRIYKwaHMrMV6hnkQjzZK2nqJmEZ_cRGYpNo7On7LlxzGuG0bTnkTb32gb9l-yy_k_2Z3wdOdkz3n1Syg-uDKBAnIOPZ

Camellia stumbled out of the woods. There it was, straight ahead. It was in the middle of an open field, hundreds of feet away from the closest plant. It was tall, bigger than any tree she had ever seen before (and she had seen many trees mind you.) It had long branches covered with emerald green leaves. It seemed to be old and aging, its bark withering slightly, its branches drooping. However, it was still a marvel to behold. The Wonder Tree.

Camellia surveyed the nearby area. She was the first one there. She smiled a bit. She liked being the only one. She enjoyed isolation, spending much of her time alone in the forest, with only plants and the occasional animal nearby. She closed the distance, shoving the map into the small pack she had brought with her for the long journey. She knew eventually somebody else would show up, another Avatar hopefully, but until then, she was alone.

Camellia walked up to the tree, laying down at its roots. Her legs were sore from all the walking. She lived in the south of Titania, and had to walk very, very far to get here. Still, the plants had helped her, guiding her. Turns out the official map of Titania was dead wrong- the cartographers must have sucked. If it wasn't for the plants, Camellia surely would've gotten lost. Maybe that's why I'm the first, Camellia thought to herself.

She put her head against the tree, muttering to herself as the tree soothed her. Soon, she closed her eyes. After all, nobody else was there. She could just take a quick nap. Nobody would notice...

clev clev S Shabazz August August Kitsu Kitsu Field Marshall Field Marshall Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Gohan510 Gohan510

Gian Kimp
His foot landed on the soft dirt near a large decrepit tree. It had withered slightly but had still stood tall and proud, The Wonder Tree. Gian stepped around the tree slightly surprised when he found a young woman on the ground sleeping.

He stared for a second before shrugging, he was sure she was probably just tired. The walk probably wpuld have been quite a long way. Taking a seat a bit away from the girl, his eyes followed a leaf as it swayed back and forth downwards.
Neat.​

~Camellia Bryony Florellia~

She awoke slowly at the sound of footsteps in the dirt. Her eyes fluttered open as she sat up, against the tree. She rubbed her head against the tree to scratch it before standing weakly, stretching her arms over her head. She yawned and then realized she was it alone. Looking around, she saw a male figure, a good bit older than yer, watching leaves flutter from the tree. Another Avatar? Probably. Still, she had to ask.

Running the image of her speaking confidently to a stranger through her mind, she approached him. Despite her best intentions, her voice came out quiet and shyly.
"S-so are y-you an....a....y-you know what," she stammered, cursing herself for being so damn shy.

Speaks to: Gian Kimp Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide

Still Haven't Posted: clev clev S Shabazz August August Kitsu Kitsu Field Marshall Field Marshall LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

CRAG
"Heads up!" A voice called from above before a large man crashed onto the ground in front of The Wonder Tree.
"Wooh, what a ride." the man said. It was Crag Petra, the Earth avatar. He walked right up to Gian and Camellia, picked them both up and gave them a biiig hug, one in each arm. Crag squished the bodies of Camellia and Gian together to look into both of their faces simultaneously. He smiled.
"Wow, it's so great to see you guys again. I can almost remember your names! But... I don't remember much..."

Gian Kimp
He glanced to his side having no clue she had gotten up. Dusting his pants off he stood up slowly. He watched as she turned meeker by the second before stammering out a question. "Yes, I am," Gian replied softly. Now that she was up he could observe her more closely, she had vibrant green hair something you don't see every day and crimson eyes. He nodded approvingly - she was more cute than beautiful, maybe in a few years she would be called that.

He blinked. Of course, he blinked after getting grabbed into what would be a bone crushing hug but was surprisingly soft. Gian grunted and looked up at the man. He had a large build, being able to pick both of them up at once, and had brown hair with a large beard.

"Hello, Sir."
~[2]~
Camellia Bryony Florellia( Literally Batman Literally Batman ), Crag Petra ( S Shabazz )​

Aryl Mikado

Aryl emerged from the treeline, glancing around the clearing for the others. He gave a small smile as he found them, then walked thier way. He seemed to be glowing, but he was the Avatar of light, it was too be expected. "Hello!" He said, raising a gloved hand and waving in greeting. "I see I was not the first here, I am Aryl Mikado. I believe introductions are in order?"​

Esmeron quietly stepped through the woods, letting his umbrella sway in his hand at his side. He was sure he had gone through this at least five times already, and while he knew he thought he should try to look in another direction he continued wandering lost. In a way, he hoped that this would be a sign that dream was just a dream, and nothing more . . . Then he picked up on people through the air. Edging a little closer, he finally had found the clearing. Esmeron was obviously not overjoyed.

Rather than press on, he lingered back, squinting at the two figures standing by the tree. He told himself he was only being cautious, but deep down he knew that he was still debating on just walking away. Just as he tightened his grip on his umbrella and had started backing away he took one last glance at the figures. This time he got a really good view of them. One was the young female, a rowdly guy, and the others . . . Esmeron suddenly decided that maybe he could check things out for a little bit.

Not wanting to make his presence know quite yet, he took a deep breath and quietly inched closer, trying to stay out of the line of sight, letting the air around him make him a little lighter on the ground to not alarm them. Or at least that was his intention.

Last edited:

"A-alright. Good." Cammy was content, prepared to go back to her resting position, when a massive man leaped down and landed right in front of the tree. Camellia winced as she felt the force of the man's hug.

She heard other voices in the distance, but did not respond. She was, at that point, too busy dealing with the man's massive hug to care. She gave a meek hello.

Crag Petra ( S Shabazz )

Giam Kimp( Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide )

"Looks like I am a little bit late." Raikou said as he trodded toward the gathering on a black horse. He had never seen any of these people before, they were probably not raised in Titania or within his stratum. His clothing and sword suggested nobility and knight which probably does not apply to any of these individuals here. It looked like two were being kept within a bear hug by a large man. He didn't speak to the group, just simply observed from his horse.

A girl and a group of wolves entered the clearing. There she saw that others had already gathered and were talking. The girl, Emilia, turned to the small wolf pack and smiled sweetly to them. "Thank you for guiding me. I almost got lost." She released a relieved chuckle and waved as the wolves were leaving.

A series of brisk nods was all the wolves gave in acknowledgement to her thank you. Now then... Are these the others? Other avatars? ... only one way to find out i guess. Emilia conducted her inner monologue as she approached the group near the Wonder Tree.

"Umm, hi?" She called, still a few feet from the group.

Tags:
Literally Batman Literally Batman Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide S Shabazz August August Field Marshall Field Marshall clev clev

Last edited:
Seeing the female and the wolves arrive, Esmeron decided that it was time for him to speak up. "Hello . . ." He glanced around at the others and with a slight sway he moved his umbrella in front of himself to lean on slightly. Placing the object between him and the others.

"At this point . . . is it safe to assume everyone gathered here is little more special than a human?" He asked in a in a sing song way as he lazily studied the others. It might have seemed like he was deep in thought but honestly he was rating their appearances on a scale of 1-10 on how pleasing they were to the eye.

Kitsu Kitsu [ and anyone else who could have heard him]

Kai Kurosaki
Finally the boy with the hoodie appeared as his necklace shined bright from the sun. He had a dull face at first looking around as he just came out hiding in the bushes. He noticed a girl surrounded with wolves and questioned if he seen her before. It was like a throbbing memory that he could not regain a grasp of. Oh well he shrugged looking around the group as he slightly glared at Crag for being the loudest one. Kai was carrying a sack over his shoulder as we walked over to gian and looked at him in the eyes. "Fight me." Kai simply said as he took his hoodie off so everyone can see his face.
August August Kitsu Kitsu Field Marshall Field Marshall Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide Literally Batman Literally Batman LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 @AnyoneIForgot

Last edited:
Tana approached the massive tree curiously and took in the spectacle before her, watching as her fellow avatars greeted one another. Despite never meeting any of them, she felt a deep connection with the strangers before her, as if she had known them for several lifetimes. Each of them seemed familiar to her, but her memories escaped her in that moment. "Oh, um, hi everyone! What's going on?"

Camellia was sick of being stuck in a hug. She wiggled herself free from Crag's mighty grip, like a tuna slipping free from a net. "Could you not?" she hissed at him, before distancing herself from everybody else.

From what she had seen, Camellia was the youngest one there. She didn't like that. She was the youngest sister in her family's and she hated it. Everybody always fauned over her, trying to protect her and take care of her. She was not a fan of being taken care of.

She looked. The closest to her age was a brown-haired girl that, judging by the animals that had just left her, was an Avatar of animals or some sort.
Seems nice enough... She pulled herself together and went to talk to her.

She first tapped her on the shoulder, before giving a wave, looking at her shoes.
"Hi...n-nice to meet you...Camellia, I go by Cammy though...Flora." She was slightly flushed, clearly nervous. Apparently she was lacking in the human interaction department.

"Fight me."
Crag paused for a moment and a half and starred at Kai's stern expression.

"BAHAHAHAHA! You- you can't- BAHAHA! Crag didn't, he thought- KAHAHA" Crag wheezed with laughter for about a minute, before regaining himself. "Crag hasen't laughed that hard in years! That was a good joke!" He yelled as he placed a mighty hand on Kai's shoulder. Crag looked down at his face.
"Oh, you weren't joking... Why do you want to fight Crag now? We just met! Crag doesn't even know squishy guppy's name. Please, do everyone a favor and retract that statement."

Immediately after her calling to the group, an umbrella-wielding man had followed up with a question that answered Emilia's. Not really knowing what else to say, she nodded silently in agreement. The sound of footsteps accompanied with a new scent caused her to look towards the newest arrival. The person was wearing a hood and had gone straight to the biggest of the group, asking for a fight?

While Em was staring at the boy who'd just taken his hood off with a nagging feeling of familiarity. Another girl who seemed younger than herself approached and introduced herself as Camellia, the flora avatar. The other girl's timidness was found adorable as Emilia equated Camellia to various timid-natured animals. Just as she was about to voice her thoughts, Emilia remembered what the elder bobcat had said to her about speaking without thought.

"Hello, nice to meet you." Emilia greeted, giving a pleasant smile. "Nice to meet you, Cammy. I'm Emilia or Em for short. You saw the wolves just now, right? i guess im the fauna avatar." Immediately after finishing, Emilia glanced over at the loud man who'd just named himself as Crag momentarily and looked back at Camellia.

Mentions:
Camellia Florellia | Crag Petra | Esmeron Moreau | Kai Kurosaki

Tags:
Literally Batman Literally Batman Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide S Shabazz August August Field Marshall Field Marshall clev clev

Last edited:
Gian Kimp
The Force Avatar finally pulled out of Crag's mighty grasp. Gian found everyone was getting along well, besides the small argument that seemed to be ensuing between Crag and the apathetic looking teen - who frankly reminded him of himself.

Disconcerting.

Shrugging that off he had spotted a newcomer, her bright red hair giving her away in the lush green foliage. Gian pushed the acute feeling of knowing them although never having met them aside. He made his way towards the red head who was nearing the tree. "Hello, My name is Gian" He introduced himself, having made his way to her.

~[3]~
Tana Ardor ( clev clev )​

Tana Ardor
"I'm Tana," the fire avatar said as the young man approached her. He towered over her by nearly a foot, which would probably be a bit intimidating to most people, but Tana saw a potential friend in the other avatar. Like the others, he was a complete stranger to her, yet she felt a fondness for him. She extended her hand out to him in greeting with a gentle smile on her face. "Nice to meet you."

Gian Kimp | Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide

"Fight me."
Crag paused for a moment and a half and starred at Kai's stern expression.

"BAHAHAHAHA! You- you can't- BAHAHA! Crag didn't, he thought- KAHAHA" Crag wheezed with laughter for about a minute, before regaining himself. "Crag hasen't laughed that hard in years! That was a good joke!" He yelled as he placed a mighty hand on Kai's shoulder. Crag looked down at his face.
"Oh, you weren't joking... Why do you want to fight Crag now? We just met! Crag doesn't even know squishy guppy's name. Please, do everyone a favor and retract that statement."
Kai Kurosaki
Pushing Crags hand off his shoulder Kai looked at him dead in the eyes as they shined blue. "I want to fight you to shut that giant mouth of yours. Best to do it now then let you go on and on with that annoying tone of voice you have." Kai backed up from Crag getting in a battle stance as he thought to himself that he couldn't take more then four hits from Crag judging by his size and the way his hand rested on Kai's shoulder, but he realized one thing because of size difference Kai has an upper advantage at speed. Kai sighed after thinking a bit of his upcoming opponent. "The names Kai kurosaki." Kai said as he noticed the girl that had wolves join her on her adventure to the wonder tree was looking at him. He simply shrugged and looked back at Crag. "I'll deal with her later." He thought to himself as he closed his eyes trying to ear any rivers around.

Arriving to the Wonder Tree, brushing past large and many-shaped leaves, Bane stalks in a black jacket among a horde of bugs. Some roaches, some worms, some maggots, some moths, but mostly an infestation of bugs.

He approaches the group, with a steel sword strapped to his back. His dark eyes study them closely, contemplating that they must have been brought here too from a dream. They've begun introducing themselves.

"I'm Bane." He sizes up the Wonder Tree, despite having been here before. "Plague avatar."

Mentions:
Camellia Florellia | Gian Kimp | Crag Petra | Esmeron Moreau | Kai Kurosaki | Emilia Brave | Tana Ardor

Tags:
Literally Batman Literally Batman Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide S Shabazz August August Field Marshall Field Marshall clev clev Kitsu Kitsu

Cammy nodded, giving a nod while taking information in. Fauna, then. She looked at the other assorted individuals. Judging by their various different appearances and personalities, it wasn't all too difficult to determine which Avatar controlled which element. Their varying appearance, personalities...it didn't really take a genius to figure some of them out. She was about to respond to Emmy when something happened.

The Wonder Tree started to glow. Its oaken wood soon became outlined with a thin layer of glowing light. Its large branches lifted upwards. Then, with a flash, a figure appeared. She had platinum blonde hair, bright gold eyes, and a white dress that was cut just above her bare feet. She had a gold halo of light around her hair. Two brilliant wings, like an angel, sprouted from her back, wrapping around her body.

"Finally, all of you are here," she said, scanning the area. "Please do not quarrel among yourselves- that would lead to unnecessary chaos." She tilted her head up, inspecting the Avatars. "I am Life. I'm assuming you are the Avatars? Of course you are. If you weren't then you wouldn't all be here."

Her wings unfurled. "Of course, it is of utmost importance for you to get to know each other, but our time is limited. Death grows stronger by the minute, his Danger multiplying ever more. Soon, we will not be able to fight back. As such, we must strike now. Generally I would say strike the head of the snake, but..." She looked down in clear stigma, "Death's power currently surpasses mine. Thus, we will have to climb up the ladder. Your first goal, I would think, is to liberate the nearby city of Mnemosyne from the grips of the Danger. Then...." She paused.

"Dear, I forgot. You must all be so ridiculously tired and confused. Do any of you have any questions about why you're here?'

clev clev S Shabazz August August Kitsu Kitsu Field Marshall Field Marshall Love of Cyanide Love of Cyanide LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Gohan510 Gohan510 @Lux__Wolf

Gian Kimp
Gian opened his mouth to respond to Tana but had slowly closed it as the tree glowed an awe-inspiring gold before a bright flash. Flinching he opened his eyes once more to reveal a figure of which he knew was of great importance.
Life.
Life had started to speak about the dangers of Death and how their power surpassed her. He stood rigid listening with utmost acuteness not missing a syllable. Slowly breaking out of his trance he blinked.

"Why are we the... Avatars?" Gian questioned curiously.
~[3]~
Life ( Literally Batman Literally Batman )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back