• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Steven Universe Roleplay

CactusWren

Gruntiest of the Grunts!
Alternative Roleplay Tab.

Preferably for the Gem Homeworld characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluebafoon said:
Obsidian's gaze lingered throughout the darkened cell she was held in, the fluorescent greens highlighting the ship fading out of her vision until nothing but blackness could be seen. Soon, the familiar sound of shattering screams ringed vividly through her ears; she felt herself cringe as the black webbing rising from her gem was blocked by the dome mechanism containing it.
"Are we going to get there soon?" Chrysoberyl slumped over the control board, impatient and annoyed. "Ughh, if I had known that stupid planet was going to be far away I never would have agreed to this mission....! Wait, it's not like I had a choice either way, right?" she mumbled to herself thoughtfully. She looked over her shoulder. "Yo, Obsidian? Are you still brooding in there?"

(I'm going to go off of this one)

Last edited by a moderator:
".... No, I'm doing fine," she spoke with tranquility in her voice, though her words were obvious lies. She hoped that this mission wouldn't take too long to accomplish. "We'll be there soon enough. Then I can finally be freed from this prison." Being trapped in darkness was something she hated intensely. It increased the frequency of her flashbacks thus causing great distraught.

Chrysoberyl looked at Obsidian in disinterest. "Nah, you're still broody. I can tell."

She actually didn't know Obsidian all that well and knew she probably shouldn't judge, but she was just so mopey. Looking at her depressed her, and she hated being sad.

"Yup, but you have to follow orders," Chrysoberyl reminded her needlessly. "Yellow Diamond won't take it too kindly if you decide to run away. And don't worry! If anything happens to you out there I'll be there to heal you."

Obsidian felt her body tense after Yellow Diamond was mentioned. She felt her face cringe faintly before responding. "Orders are all that matter to me, There is no alternative." She replied as if this was an unspoken truth about life. Slowly she stood up to look through her cell. The equipment and architecture surrounding her attracted her like a firefly.

Chrysoberyl set the ship on autopilot and lazily made her way over to Obsidian. "Oh, boy. Aren't you a ray of sunshine?" She shook her head and sat down on conveniently placed chair, sitting on it backwards. "Wanna hear a joke?" Without bothering to hear her response, Chrysoberyl chirped, "Why was six afraid of seven?" She paused. "Because seven ate nine! Isn't that hilarious? No?" She slumped. "Laugh."

Obsidian inched closer to the impenetrable force field, staring at Chrysoberyl blankly as she spoke. When the joke was finished she stared at the ceiling, head slightly tilted for a few moments in contemplation. Without warning Obsidian broke into loud monotone laughter.

"Ha ha ha ha ha... Ha ha ha ha!" Her voice sounded like one from a gps when repeating the same directions over and over. There was a long pause before she responded, ".......That was a good one."

Chrysoberyl stared blankly at Obsidian, her eyes as wide as saucers. "...Yikes! Note to self, Obsidian: work on that laugh." She randomly pulled out a long roll of paper. "I got plenty more jokes to help you practice, th-"

Before she finished her sentence, a whooping siren erupted from the controlboard.

"Oi, what now?" she huffed, hurrying back to the front. She read over the screen, played around with the controls, and then looked over her shoulder. "Hey, Obsidian? How do you feel about crash landing?"

Black opal had been in the shadow lurking, waiting, sleeping she had been but a shadow during the trip. She wondered sometimes if the others even knew she was around, well it was fun to surprise your allies with help and surprise your enemies with someone extra to fight. Still she had danced as much as she had waited and yet still she was just a shimmer in the light hidden behind walls of illusions and bent light. When she wanted others to not see her they did not see her she made them look though her or around her they saw nothing. Still all of this did nothing if the pilot couldn't pilot their ship and they crashed, or if the home world had apparently not been right enough to think that a ship might give them an advantage against whatever had taken the last them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back