Steve.... the Raither

Jack in the Box

The Jack-o-lantern in a Box
Species: Raither (Ray-th-er)

Appearance

images

Habitat: Lush dark forest areas often found in the medium parts of the Dungeon

Description: They are a race of carnivorous stalkers that like to set up traps and hide for a ambush. 

Strengths: They are clever not to be confused with intelligent but they are a little intelligent. They can turn invisible and create magic decoys. Raithers have huge hard slashing claws and scythe like appendages. They can create a 3D image of their surroundings using the electric field that objects give off. Raithers are fast and agile in the air.   

Weaknesses: 60% of their body is unarmored flesh (mostly torso and below). They don't have eyes so they can't see things that don't give off a electric field (can't see magic unless it's lightning). 

Other: They can hover over the ground using magic. 

Player

Name: .... Steve 

Growth stage: youngling

Appearance

images

Description: He is colored different, and his entire body is armored but the armor is less durable. He's not as fast as other Raithers.

Strengths: His entire body is armored.  

Weaknesses: His armor is severely less hard then other Raithers. Steve is terrified of spiders and will go to great lengths to stay away from them.

other He is the size of a human   

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, yeah. The point of this rp is to be part of the monster races instead of high-races like humans or elves. Do you have other idea perhaps?

You will be a member of an entire species in the Great Dungeon, so magic construct can't qualify unless it's considered a living being and can reproduce (maybe a creation of a chemist went awry?)

Both fairy and changeling are considered intelligent races for me. Also I don't think they'll have business in the dungeon as a race since they tend to live in the surface

So @Karate Cat what about a goblin? Call it cheap, call it stereotypical, call it whatever you want. They would be a nice little race to have, plus it would be fun to see how diplomacy would work with a race of greedy, vicious, and high self folding creatures.   

Hmm...try making it for now? I can only say whether it's accepted or not after seeing the final product. Some goblin do live in underground cave so I guess it's okay.

Hmm, this kind of Goblin seems more suited to live in the surface, or the shallow depth of the dungeon at the least. What would allow them to survive the deeper part of the dungeon? Not even Human can stay down there for a long time. I can't see a normal Goblin managing that.

Maybe they have a special trait different from their normal counterpart, making them more suited to life deep underground? Like this detachment of Goblin went into the cave by accident or driven by other factor, then adapted themselves to life in the the dungeon. It would make a separate species from the normal Goblin, which you can tinker further. Note that we will not touch the surface for a long time in this roleplay.

Sorry your right they are more inclined to the shallow depths of the dungeon also I will pm you a what I just got a idea for. :)   

Cool. I'm not saying they're bad, they're a good staple fantasy monster, just that I need them to be more...underground-y. But I'll wait for your PM.

Hmm...what do you mean with the [] = always be with him when he reincarnates? We do retain our previous life's knowledge and intellect, just minus the concrete memory of our identity

You'll only reincarnate this once. If you die again then it's over ._.

You ended up making a real monster lol.

I'd say this one is accepted...for now. Let's work on it a bit. You can most likely start with it in the IC though.

Habitat - there won't be any lush forest inside the dungeon -if we're talking about normal trees. If this is a fantasy forest, where the trees are taking sustenance from glowing moss for example, or they're taking energy from other living being by sapping them with their root (something like Dark Seraph's idea), it'll be better if you can describe it. That kind of tree of course can exist in the dungeon but you need to provide the logic behind it. Seraph's Maculata lives in this kind of forest as well

Appearance - how big are they as a species? Your character is the size of a common human, is that a normal size of the Raither or some of them can grow bigger?

You said that Raither has 60% unarmored body. For the 40%, what kind of "armor" is this? Scales? thick skin? or metallic substance like organic steel? Which part is armored? Also for your character the strength is that its armored, but weaker than the normal Raither. Would the armor covering his entire body obstruct his movement? There should be a reason why Raither don't just evolve with full armor in their body, maybe to make movement easier. Why your character can be so different? Perhaps a genetic mutation? Also why is he terrified of spider lol

Also, great name  xD

• Yes I was thinking that it the plant life would try and kill people I just didn't know what to call it
  • They end up being about 15ft long and with a width of 13ft from arm to arm but that is when they are adults the largest ever recorded is 20ft long and with a width of 16ft arm to arm
  • It's thick skin and it does restrict movement if it covered the entire body that's why it's only found on the back, top of head, and the back of arms this way because they float close to the ground this is the most practical for them as it is
  • This is also why Steve's armor is less thick so he can move more easily
  • And the reason why Steve has all the changes is mass mutation

@Karate Cat

@Jack in the Box Can you put all that info in the character sheet above? So others can see it immediately when they see your sheet for reference when interacting with your character

15-20 feet is large, like if you stack 3-4 human being on top of each other vertically. I assume these are all just those lucky enough to survive long into adulthood? Like the "queen" type rather than the typical grunts? In underground dungeon, large size like that can be detrimental because they can't navigate freely throughout the tunnels. It might be okay if they're solitary but in a group it won't work.

Oh yeah, how do they live as a species? Staying in one place? Grouping together or wandering separately? Is there any community? Or perhaps a hive mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back