Science STEM project discussions

Virus

Official enby virus
Well, look who's a big nerd and into STEM projects! :smilepuff:
I have a ton of projects I'd love to try out, but there might be some others that other people want to share, cause one experiment tested by one person, might not be the same for another.
If you have any ideas, lemme know! I'd like to try them, I have a couple ideas on hand and ill list them below with the magical powers of editing a post.
Projects:
My own seismograph.
My own weather instruments

Last edited:
I'm guessing you are the E in STEM. You like engineering?

I'm more into the application of the science rather than the construction of tools or instruments to gather data for science. So a few of my projects would center on the chemical side of things like creating a compound you slather over a porous material that attracts some things but repels others. A passive filter. I'd advocate using said filter as a low-cost way of desalinating water. If not the whole step, then at least one of.

I 3D model and print prototype farming equipment for fun. Most recent thing I made was a fencing system that screws into the ground, and uses carbon fiber clips to tension wire, rather than steel wire cuffs. Mostly because my folks are nearly 70 and building fences the old way is getting to be too dangerous for them.

Can't believe I missed this topic!

Current personal project - Teaching kids to code and create simple video games with Scratch <3 I do it for free, since where I am most kids are stuck at home without school and I wanted to help them (and their poor parents) a bit ! The fact I have a lot of girls in my class is an awesome bonus in my book.

Project starting in the next few weeks - After my team is finished with our current web project and we graduate, we are planning to work on a Dnd inspired turn based RPG. Since that except for me and another person, we are all going in different jobs or university programs, it's really nice we agreed to continue making projects together <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back