• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Steel Accord) The Normady Sets Off (Stepherz345)

stepherz345

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Rose Shepard awoke from her slumber, feeling a little more refreshed. She stretched out her body and stared out the window. The galaxy was beautiful yet deadly. Some people forgot that, but she always remembered. Her parents were in the Alliance so Rose grew up in space and knew from an early age that she too wanted to join. After years of training and working alongside Anderson an opportunity called for Rose to inherit the Normady and become her captain. With the help of her team they were able to defeat the reaper Sovereign.

It stilled amazed her, this all happened three years ago now? She couldn't remember. She felt that her memories were there, just fuzzy. Sometimes Rose wondered if Cerberus did mess with any of her memories when they brought her back to life. Miranda assured her a couple times that they did not change anything about her. Although Rose noticed her dark brown hair was much longer than before. That was probably because she hadn't worried about getting it cut. Otherwise her emerald green eyes, 5'5 height, and muscled and toned solider body was all the same.

Since there was no new information on the Collector's Rose decided it was time to look into another a dossier the Illusive Man suggested. An Asari who specialized in hand to hand combat. Never hurt to have another person. Quickly she fed her hamster and headed towards Joker. "How much longer?" she asked. "Five minutes, probably less. Enjoy your little nap time?" the pilot teased. She rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face. Miranda, Garrus, and Mordin were waiting for her. "Miranda what can you tell me about this new recruit?" Rose asked.

Steel Accord Steel Accord

Last edited:
Miranda read off the dossier. Commisioned by the Illusive Man but largely compiled by herself with assistance from Cerberus' intelligence cells.

"Asari. Name, Dorothea T'Veris. Born one year after the First-Contact War. Graduated from Hyetiana University. Served with Eclipse for three years but just a year later ended up prosecuting them before the Citadel Council. It's unknown whether she had a change of heart or this was willful infiltration and sabotage. Psych profile suggests the latter though, she's proven to be highly dangerous." Miranda said. Kelly Chambers, walking in to hand the Commander a datapad with the crew's general reports tried to raise her hand and her voice in objection. Having read up on all of the dossier's herself, she always found the psych profile section to be . . . of questionable quality, from her own psychology training. Miranda though, continued, her voice and air of confidence intimidating the more meek Chambers into silence. "Dorothea has done her best to hide it, civilian clothing, not carrying small arms, but she is an asari commando. She has thirty seven confirmed kills and that's just what we can verify. More than half of those kills were in hand to hand combat." Miranda finished her summation.

"She sounds dangerous, but with what we're facing we'll need someone dangerous." Rose stated. "I updated her location, Joker will be able to take us there whenever you're ready Commander." Miranda said. "Joker, you heard the lady, take us there." Rose ordered. "Aye, aye captain." Joker replied. As Joker flew them towards Rose left the bridge to go prepare herself for the next mission. She decided to take Garrus and Miranda with her for the mission. Hopefully this Dorthea wouldn't be hostile towards them, but she was prepared for anything.

The trio stood together, Miranda updating Garrus on their new target. "Sounds dangerous, you sure this is a good idea Shepard?" Garrus asked, skeptical. Rose nodded and asked "Remember how recruiting Jack went? I think this will be much easier. If I'm wrong, I'll owe you a drink." Rose challenged. "It's on." Garrus accepted. "Captain we're almost there." Joker warned. Rose held her assault rifle by her side, prepared for anything.

The place was the Citadel. The Normandy docked at its usual port. As the three of them disembarked, Shepherd asked Bailey where they might find Dorathea T'Veris. Assuming she was in the criminal database. Bailey told them that her record was completely clean but she was observed dealing with suspected smugglers.

"Latest reports I got say they were headed to ol' Chora's Den. If you want to find her, might want to ask them. And Shepherd? I know I'm the last guy who should be saying this but try and be careful all right? After your little incident with Joram Talid, the Council is up my ass about high profile shootings. Not all of us enjoy Specter status is all I'm saying." Bailey brokered. He returned to writing out tedious sitrep reports to his babysitter, some salarian bureaucrat there to keep an eye on him.

The trio first spotted Dorathea in the VIP lounge near the back of Chora's Den. She was talking to a Quarian, flanked right behind by a Turian.

"An Asari, a Turian, and a Quarian, walk into a bar. I think I know this one." Garrus dryly quipped.

What was everyone's fascination with Chora's Den? Rose didn't understand the appeal of the bar scene in general. It was too loud and too crowded. Some drunks were funny but majority of them were just obnoxious. Plus Chora's Den was a typical spot for any sort of delinquent to be hanging around, who knows what would happen when she entered. Although she was prepared to get shot at again.

"Thanks Bailey. I'll do my best not to ruffle any feathers for you." Rose replied with a chuckle. When they got Chora's Den the music was blaring, lights flashing everywhere yet the place didn't seem as busy. It was easy for Miranda to spot Dorathea along with her companions.

Shepherd let Miranda led them to an empty booth near the trio. Garrus headed to the bar, not wanting to rouse suspicion. Plus who didn't like an occasional drink? Rose had her back to the group, eavesdropping on them. This would be insightful to see if their new friend was going to need their help or see if she was up to some dangerous activities.

"All right shemlin." Said the quarian while kneeling on his elbow resting on the table. "You got what you wanted. Now where is the shipment of red sand you said you could get on to the Citadel?" He slammed his fist but the impact was lost as his arm was jerking.

"Coooool it, Geel. You'll get your fix. As you can see, my friend is anxious for the product your promised." The turian tried to smooth over but his voice had the charm of a snake. Dorothea simply smiled and nodded to the both of them.

"No worries gentlemen. I have it ready and waiting. There is a small matter to attend to though." Dorothea said.

"W-what would that be?" Geel stuttered.

"The information you gave me was put through non-Citadel channels. Now of course free trade is a protected right here on the Citadel but the Quarians have no recognized status so any exchange conducted through channels belonging to them or their ships isn't immune to monitoring." She said with her hands politely folded in front of her lightly clasping a glass on the table.

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. You're ass is covered . . . unfortunately." The turian's mandible flared a bit in rapid succession as a chuckled echoed from his throat.

"So you understand the legal distinction between non-Citadel parties and recognized ones?" She asked as she nursed her drink.

"Keelah, yes! Just give me my shit!" The quarian almost lashed out, but his friend held him back.

"That's all I needed." Dorothea's eyes glinted and her expression changed. Her omni-tool flashed to life and a recording of her reading their rights and both of their agreed understandings of them played.

"You're an informant!" The turian accused.

"And you're busted. I suggest you both submit to a citizen's arrest." She suggested.

"Screw that. Come on Geel." He said, dragging his friend to his feet.

"My Sand! I neeeeed it!" The quarian clawed at the turian.

"Snap out of it, there is no red sand." He said. Dorothea was standing in front of the two of them. The turian was distracted fine but he didn't even catch a glimpse of movement between the asari sitting and her now standing defiantly in front of him with a nice red business dress on. The kind common to asari on the Presidium.

"Take another step and I'm within my rights to restrain you until C-Sec arrives." She informed. The turain stood tall in front of her.

"Back off, honey. If Geel and I are going down, I'm not afraid of taking you with us." His fringes flexed and there was a clipped chirp in his voice. The entire bar now stood frozen as the scene intensified. People huddled into their seats or started picking a side.

stepherz345 stepherz345

Rose listened as the sting went down. She looked over her shoulder to watch what would unfold. The asari stood in front of the Turian defiantly and unfazed by the gun. Although Rose decided this was now the time to intervene. She wasn't going to let criminals just wave a gun around in a public area.

"Put the gun down." Rose ordered, although it almost sounded like a growl her gun against the back of the Turian's head. Miranda and Garrus had their guns aimed and ready as well. The Turian sighed and dropped the gun. kicking it over to Dorothea. Rose was pleasantly surprised to see the criminals corporate.

"We'll take these two to C-sec, we'll be back." Miranda said. Garrus and Miranda dragged the Turian and Quarian away. The atmosphere seemed to lighten up now that the the situation was resolved. "I'm Commander Shepard. I heard you specialize in hand to hand combat. I'd like to talk to you about an opportunity if you're interested." Rose offered.

"Commander Shepard! I'm, really quite honored that you even know who I am. More to the point I'm surprised to see you at all. My sources claimed you had . . . passed away. To put it politely." Dorothea said.

Rose laughed as Dorothea explained why she was surprised to see her. This wasn't the first time people told her that, and probably wasn't going to be last time either. "I've gotten that quite a bit and it's a long story for another time. You're sources were right though, I was dead and now I'm alive." Rose said.

"My sources say you are quite the fighter. I need that for this mission I'm on. A group called the Collectors are taking colonists. So for the time being I am working with Cerberus to try and find out where they are and get the colonist back. Would you be interested joining us?" Rose asked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back