• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Steamhaven: Land of the Lost

Lianna couldn't help but smile as the vampire finally gave in.

"I had hoped you were reasonable. I'll even forgive you for assaulting me during our first encounter."

She offered her hand for a handshake, "I promise not to die until this mess is fixed."

Landon quirked a brow. "I distinctly remember being strangled first," he took her hand, shaking on their agreement, "but we're finally on the same team, now." He paused mid-shake. "We are allies now, correct?"

- Yes
- No
- Maybe
- Change the subject

Landon searched her face for any sort of insincerity. His shoulders relaxed and he gripped her hand firmly, a small smile hiding sawed-short fangs. "Good," he stepped aside, putting more distance between them despite the alliance they just formed. "And I, yours."

With a semi-awkward nod—the vampire clearly did not know what to do, now—Landon glanced between Lianna and the rest of the kitchen. "Anything else you need? Otherwise, I should leave."

- Ask something else
- Invite Landon to stay
- Say farewell
- Other

"No, thank you. You are free to go as far as I'm concerned." Lianna said, realising that this might be the first time she said something like this to a vampire. It was a strange feeling.

Landon nodded, heading towards the window. Good thing, too, for just as he pushed aside the curtain the front door unlocked with a click. Cursing under his breath, the vampire lifted the window just as Patrick swung open the door in the other room.

He slipped into the night just as Patrick entered the kitchen.

"You're here," he looked her up and down, tossing aside the spare key. "I heard about last night." He shook his head, brows narrowing. "What happened? I've heard too many different stories."

- Tell the truth
- Tell a lie
- Hug him
- Ask a question
- Change the subject
- Other

"Hello to you too Patrick." Lianna smiled at his straight to the point tone. She really wasn't in the mood for another explanation of the same thing, but Patrick deserved to know. "The Summit didn't go as planned. The vampire coven and their other supernatural allies attacked me and the other Hunters, but some of the supernaturals took our side. We were forced to flee and shelter with a witch coven." She sighed, "And then I made a deal with a demon and now I have to hold my part of it."

He smiled a bit at her greeting, but the rest of the conversation had him sobering, yet again, into narrowed brows and a frown. "What?" Patrick asked, though by his borderline irate tone, Lianna could tell he'd heard and understood everything she said.

"You took shelter with witches? You made a deal with a demon?" He inhaled sharply. "You realize you're a Hunter, right? You know what those things do."

- Respond
- Ignore him
- Change the subject
- Finish eating and go to bed
- Other

Lianna gave him a tired look, "I know, alright. I couldn't think of anything better to do at that point. There were far too many people involved, it felt wrong to leave them on their own."

Patrick, snarky as ever, mirrored her expression. "Well, now I know why Muriel was on the warpath today..." he murmured plenty loud enough for her to hear.

He crossed his arms, tone shifting to focused... though he still seemed irritated. Or was he concerned? It was hard to tell. "What's your plan and how can I help? Can't exactly go back on a demon's deal."

- Ask for advice
- Ask for supplies
- Recruit Patrick
- Other

"That's nice of you to offer, Patrick." Lianna smiled, "Do you know of any equipment that is demon-resistant? Or at least something that would give me an advantage?"

"Amber bullets," he didn't hesitate. "They tend to jam shotguns, so people don't use them that often, but they pack a punch. As for gear..." Patrick shook his head. "We haven't come up with anything magic resistant, so you're out of luck in that department. Just stock up on amber jewelry."

- Ask about bullets
- Ask about jewelry
- Ask something else
- Recruit Patrick
- End the conversation
- Other

"I have a couple defects in my bag, but some decent ones at the shop," Patrick eyed her warily. "...Did the demon set a time limit?"

- Yes
- No
- Unsure
- Don't answer
- Other

"I honestly don't know, but I want it done as quickly as possible, so I'm going tomorrow." She said. "I can drop by the shop tomorrow, will need to buy a new cloak and the jewellery as well."

Patrick's eyes widened. "Wait, tomorrow? I thought– I don't know what I thought, but I didn't think... That's soon. Are you even prepared?" He added hastily: "Do you have a team?"

- Respond
- Shush him
- Ignore him
- Say nothing
- Other

"I'm going alone, actually. I'll be faster and hopefully less conspicuous on my own." She said, fully expecting another lecture.

"Well, that's stupid," he said. "At least bring one other person in case you get yourself stuck, or..." Patrick threw a hand in the air, "...I don't know! Just– Going alone is–" he pursued his lips. "Don't."

- Insist
- Recruit Patrick
- Lie
- Change the subject
- Go to bed
- Other
(Optional): Say goodbye

"Hey, give me some credit, I'm not a total amateur, you know." Lianna tried to make light of it, but soon her expression reflected Patrick's, "I'll be fine. But just in case that things turn out sour, you can keep the apartment. It's not much, but I'd hate to see it goes to waste." She approached him and took his large hand in both of hers, "I mean, if you really want to help, I know a thing or two that would take my mind off of my inevitable doom." She winked at him.

Patrick, built like a mountain and as stubborn as stone, seemed to wither under the notion Lianna might not return. "I don't want the apartment if you're not here," he said. Searched her face, gaze hovering over every detail.

Then, without a word, he leaned down to kiss her. It was not sweet, not gentle, and tasted of desperation. A silent plea not to go.

- Spend the night with Patrick
- Sleep alone

While she felt her mood sour after seeing Patrick's expression, the moment he kissed her those thoughts were gone. It was just easier not to think about the people she was leaving. And it was definitely easier to count on coming back.

She brought her arms up, around his neck and leaned into the kiss, ready not to think about the demon business for that night at least.

In one swift movement, Patrick lifted her, seemingly intent on heading to the bedroom... but they wouldn't make it past the living room. At least, not for a while.

Just like the kiss they shared, their night together was charged with all the things Patrick couldn't—or wouldn't—say.

Forget about demons, she would. At least, until morning.

---

"Time to get up," Patrick woke her early the next morning, already dressed despite the hour. He brushed a lock of red hair over her neck, concealing Gul's markings. "You've a lot to get done today."

- Five more minutes
- Wake up
- Complain
- Ignore him
- Other

Lianna groaned at having been woken up so early, and feebly tried to swat his hand away, "You know I won't be getting much sleep over the next few days..." She whined, but still opened her eyes and eventually sat up in bed. She looked at Patrick, blinking the sleep out of her eyes, "I'm coming with you for the bullets first. Just give me a minute to get ready."

"And you won't last long, either, if you're not prepared," he lectured, though he did wait for her to get up and join him for the day. As they gathered their things and left the apartment, Patrick commented, yet again: "I still think you should bring someone. Did I mention it's stupid to go alone?" He gave her a side-eyed look. "Because it is."

- Ignore him
- Wave off his concern
- Get irritated
- Recruit Patrick
- Lie about bringing allies
- Other

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back