• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Status: It’s Complicated (CLOSED)

Mason Savage was picking up his friends on a Monday morning to head to their college. He had already gotten Ainsley, and was now waiting outside of Daniel’s house for him to come. The front seat was reserved for Daniel because he was so tall. Jayk was too, but he got the short end of the stick because he was a little shorter and a little less broad, and it wouldn’t make sense to have all the tall men in the back seats.

Mason is honking outside of Daniel’s house. “I’m gonna be late for my 9am,” Mason says. They took turns carpooling to save gas, since none of them were successful billionaires quite yet. He lays on the horn, not caring how many people he’s waking up. Finally, the house door opens.

“Relax Mace, He’s coming,” Ainsley says, yawning and still not completely awake but hoping her Dunkin Donuts helps her out. “It would be so much easier if we weren’t broke and actually had dorms,” Mason sighs.

“I know. You say that every Monday,” Ainsley kicks his seat and earns a smack on the knee from Mason’s long arm reaching to the back of his Outlander Sport.

Last edited:
Daniel got into the front passenger seat as usual. "Morning, all," he said, ever polite. With a more sarcastic tone, he said, "Mason, I'd appreciate if you would honk a single time and not many, thank you."

“I’d appreciate it if you would be on time,” Mason retorts, starting to drive.

“Mason hit me,” Ainsley said, knowing full well that the chivalrous Daniel will hit Mason for her.

“Oh grow up, Daddy Danny can’t fix everything,” Mason teases Ainsley.

Last edited:
Daniel promptly punched Mason's shoulder. "First off, don't put the word 'daddy' anywhere near my name. Second, don't hit Ainsley. Third, I was on time, I was literally pulling on my jacket."

“Okay,” Mason laughs. “I won’t do it again, don’t hit me anymore.”

“You’re gonna get yourself killed one of these days, Mace. If not by us, then by someone else you piss off,” Ainsley says.

Mason shakes his head. “Not me. I’m an angel to everyone.”

Last edited:
Daniel laughed at Mason's statement. "Mace, You're practically a demon, I swear it. You ought to consider yourself lucky I don't have much of a temper." He had a temper, but he never showed it - he had never been pushed that far in front of his friends.

“You just love me, don’t deny it,” Mason says. He gets to Jayk house shortly after since he lives decently close to Daniel. Jayk is already waiting outside and he comes to the car, hopping in.

“Hey guys,” Jayk says.

“Hey,” Mason says, setting off right away so he doesn’t become late for his class.

Daniel's class wasn't for a half an hour, but he would find something to do on campus, usually that meant getting breakfast with Ainsley.

They get to the school shortly, and Mason and Jayk split from the group to go to their classes. As they walk, Mason says, “We still going to the gym later?”

Jayk nods. “Definitely, as long as I don’t have homework.”

“...Jayk, you wouldn’t do your homework even if you did have it,” Mason laughs.

“You may be right, but...”

“But?”

“But I have to pretend like I care at least a little bit,” Jayk laughs. “I’ll do homework, just not tonight.”

While Daniel and Ainsley were getting breakfast, Ainsley's friend came over to talk to her for a moment. Daniel wasn't paying attention, but he froze when he saw her: she had long blonde hair, fair skin and beautifully blue eyes. Not to mention her voice was enrapturing. He managed to regain his composure only a moment before Ainsley introduced them, and Daniel found out her name was Celeste. He played it cool, but after Celeste left, Daniel watched after her, earning a kick under the table from Ainsley.

“Hey, quit drooling,” Ainsley laughs. “You think she’s cute or something?” She asks, noticing how big Daniels eyes got. “I’m sure your googly eyes and lack of conversation starters will totally win her over.”

"Thankfully she didn't look at me for more than a second," Daniel said, trying to rebuild his shattered pride. "She's not cute, she is... Gorgeous." He looked at Ainsley and said, "What's she like?"

“She’s really nice to everyone, I’ve never seen her lose her temper or even furrow her eyebrows. And she’s really crazy smart, too. She’s literally perfect and I’m forever jealous of her,” Ainsley laughs. “I don’t have the patience to be as nice and calm as she is, but I try.”

“She’s not taken, and if by party you mean spends her time reading old romance novels in the library for fun, then yes,” Ainsley says, grinning because she knows she’s making Daniel’s crush more severe.

"Fuck," Daniel whispered to himself, then crossed his arns on the table and dropped his head on them. "I don't like this, I'm catching feelings for someone I don't know! Dammit!" His words were muffled, which added to the comedy.

Ainsley laughs. “Daniel, just cause you think she’s gorgeous doesn’t mean you like her.” Though she’s never seen Daniel react this way to a girl. “Maybe I’ll invite her and you and the guys over this weekend to hang out and you’ll get to talk with her more.”

"Yes, turn this momentary infatuation into an actual crush, what an excellent idea," Daniel said sarcastically.

“Okay, if you don’t wanna talk to her more that’s fine by me. Not my loss,” she hums, counting down in her head for when Daniel will accept her offer.

Daniel hesitated for a surprisingly long time. "I mean, I'd like to get to know her, but I don't know if I should get in a relationship right now. I mean, what with mom being sick, it might be a bad time. Then again, I may have no other time."

Ainsley shrugs. “It’s up to you. You have until the weekend, or later on if she doesn’t transfer like she planned to,” Ainsley says.

"Transfer?" Daniel said. Damn, he really had to figure out what he wanted. "I guess just a hang out can't hurt, and if I really, really like her, I can try to date her.... Or maybe hust be good friends.

“That’s a plan. No strings attached, right?” Ainsley says. “I found you a potential girl, you have to find me a man in return.”

Daniel said, "Okay you accidentally found me a girl. Besides, I... Really can't think of anyone at the moment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back