Stats System - Xenoblade Online

Seraph X

Prince of the Realm of Dreams
NOTE: after much consideration, I've decided only Weapons will be able to affect your stats - Armor is now a minor detail that will no longer have a direct effect on your stats; it is merely a detail you may mention if you wish, but it will not affect stats.

Stats

Lv - Level = This is your character's current level; collecting XP (Experience Points) will gradually increases this over time.
XP - Experience = This is how much Experience you currently have on your current level in comparison to how much you need to earn in order to level up again.
HP - Helath/Hit Points = Self-explanatory, this is a measurement of how much damage you can currently take relative to the total amount your body can endure.

Str - Strength = This is a measurement of how strong you are in terms of physical prowess, including base attack power.
Eth - Ether = This is a measurement of your relative power over Ether.
PDef - Physical Defense = This is a measurement of the amount of damage you will block from enemy physical attacks.
EDef - Ether Defense = This is a measurement of the amount of damage you will block from enemy Ether attacks.
Agl - Agility = A measurement of how nimble you are, this decides how easily you will evade enemy attacks; the higher the number, the higher your probability to dodge.
Spd - Speed = A measurement of how quickly you move, this decides how rapidly you will be able to move through the field on average, as well as affect how quickly you can chain together basic attacks. The higher the number, the faster you can chain together basic attacks for combos, and the faster you can run.

Directly below is the default starting stats for all characters:

Name
Lv: 1
XP: 0/100
HP: 250/250
Str: 5
Eth: 5
PDef: 5
EDef: 5 
Agl: 5
Spd: 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, there's a special way I'm going to handle Leveling Up. When you Level Up for the first time, you have to make some choices - namely, how your character's stats go up. This is decided using a Dice-based randomization trick. In other words, your stats go up based on the sum of specific dice being rolled a specific number of times.

HP

HP will always be able to increase the same, and you can't change it. It will increase based on the sum of a single roll of 6 D10x10, or d100, dice, and 2 d20 dice. The sum will be the amount of extra HP your MAX HP stat is increased by.

In addition, whenever a player manages to Level Up, their HP will be automatically refilled to the new Max.

All Others

Now, for all the other stats - Str, Def, PDef, EDef, Agl and Spd - the rules are different. Each stat, when you first level up, will ask you to pick one of six dice options to increase it by the range of. One stat will be increased by the result of d10, two by d8s, two by d6s, and one by a d4. This is to help balance things out. HOWEVER! Once you choose which stat is increased by what dice for the first time, it will always be increased by the same dice from then on, NO EXCEPTIONS.

You may be wondering why I'm having it work this way. The reason is so that no two people are likely to level up the same, and so that you can't just choose to always level everything by massive numbers. In an RPG where the stats start small, things have to be able to grow in a balanced manner befitting the player. I know most people wouldn't do the whole "constantly increasing every stat by ten, twenty or more each level up", but this way no one can try to take advantage of a system. This is also why Armor is no longer going to increase stats - to keep things balanced. This way you have to make every level be able to count for your character's sake, or else they will be constantly suffering.

Level Bonus

Whenever you go up by one level, you will have a chance to increase one stat of your choosing by the result of a d4 roll, on the condition that you cannot use this on the same stat more than two times in a row. Once you raise a stat twice, you will be restricted from increasing it further with the Level Bonus for two levels.

10-Level & 50-Level Bonus

These bonuses are similar to the basic Level Bonus, however they only trigger for every tenth and fiftieth level respectively.

For every ten levels you go up, you will receive one opportunity to raise a stat of your choosing by the result of a d10 roll, on the condition that you cannot use it on the same stat twice in a row. (Triggers at Lvl 11, and every ten levels thereafter)

For every fifty levels you go up, you can raise one stat one time by the result of a d20 roll, on the condition that you cannot raise the same stat twice in a row. (Triggers at Lvl 51, and every fifty levels thereafter)

Art Leveling

After much consideration, I've decided to make Arts able to level up, their levels indicated by a Roman Numeral and only able to increase from 1 to 10 (I to X). Their required XP for levels is higher, however each usage will grant them 10 XP, with all Level I Arts requiring 1000 XP to Level Up. So if your Art is a level I, and you want to level it, simply use it 100 times and it will rise to Level II.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back