• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stars, Campfires, and Romance

Doll

March Hare
Please read the overview before signing up for this roleplay. Thank you!

Male Roles:

Liam Levlen - @Vampirelovee

Colton Abbot - @dakup

Danious Willow - @Fallen from Heaven

Yumi Sohma - @dakup

Bridgit Halley - @explosiveKitten

Dove May Delemar - @Allina Auburn

Tess Freeman - @Lonelytaco

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The president walks in the room and the chatter among the members start to quiet down. It seems like the prez is about to make an announcement, and soon enough, your guess is proved to be correct.

"It's been awhile since the club has been created, and I think it's about time we go on a trip." The president starts to say.

"You think?" You hear someone say from the back. Others laughed at that, they've been discussing a big trip for a long time that they never thought would happen, but it did, finally.

The president smiled before continuing. "We're going on a camping trip to a more rural place to observe the stars. Also, some of you may have already heard about this, but there is also a meteor shower occuring during the time of our stay."

Everybody cheered and so did you. Everyone probably didn't have plans for the upcoming vacation, so you assumed they were glad to finally have one.

"Okay, I know you're all excited to go to someplace new, but there are purposes for this trip. One, of course, is to observe stars and such we can't see in the city, another is to witness a maybe once-in-a-lifetime chance meteor shower. Last of all, a purpose I highly urge you all to do, is to bond with each other. Since are club is still new, some of us may have not warmed up to other members. As a club, it is required to be united and work as one. To depend on another, and be able to be depended on." The prez clapped his hands together, signaling his announcement was coming to an end. "Now, let's all have fun during the trip?"

Everybody cheered again before the club meeting was brought to an end.[/uSER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lance Small

Lance was excited to hear about the camping trip. He had always been the one to love the outdoors. He wasn't a nature loving freak, but he liked to listen to be out in nature. The smell of the air rushing past the trees. "Oh man this is gonna be fun." He mumbled to himself. "Maybe I should bring the Ginger?" He thought. She needed to get out of her room. After she was done with school, she would go up to her room and do god knows what. Lance never really understood why she would do it, but then again, he always knew that Kelly was the weird one of the family. Lance always like to tease her.

Lance was in the Stargazing club, not because he thought that they were interesting. He would always like listening to old folk tales about how the constellations got their name. His favorite one is one his father would always tell him before he would go to bed. It was ol' Billy and Josephine. It was a very romantic tale that made Lance always wonder about everything.

Yumi smiled happy about the trip. She always loved learning new things. She got her love of it from her grandfather. He would take her out side and tell about so many tales about the stars and also facts. Plus she loved how the sky looked at night with all the stars shining down on them. She took out her notebook writing everything she would need for the trip. She is very organized.

Danious was so excited about the trip. Not only would he get to do his favorite pastime but he might gain a few friends. He hoped the stars out there were as beautiful out there as they were on TV because he wanted to try using his new on the go stargazer.

Callisto was nervous because: 1. She wasn't sure she was very good at camping because 2. She'd never done it before and 3. She didn't know anyone that had. It didn't help that 4. She was pretty sure nobody else on this trip liked her and 5. She wasn't good at making friends. But 6. This was a good opportunity and 7. She could escape her family for a little while at least. So 8. She smiled as widely as she could, which wasn't very wide. And 9. She fumbled for her phone so that she could tell her family the good news via text message as 10. She left the room.

Liam was ecstatic about the trip. He'd always been a country guy at heart, and camping was the perfect way to express that. He was dying to get out of the city, too, and have an adventure for a change. Liam pulled out his iPhone, which had a camo case, and skilled thumbs quickly notified his roommate of the news.​

Cordelia Lovette

She bit her lip and fidgeted, she was excited yes but just as nervous. She loved star gazing and she had never witnessed an actual meteor shower! Laying under the stars listening to the music of nature. But she worried..she talked with a few people in class before but the sight of her many pieces of silver jewelry and black lips kind of made them back off. She was nice and wanted to meet new people but no one ever stuck around long enough to get to really know her. And she knew better than anyone that being a group with these people and being told to bond was going to be some experience.

Bridgit threw the door open, and skidded into the classroom, her hair dripping wet and looking like she had hastily gotten her clothes on. "Ayyyyy, I swear, I need to dump swim and take up a sport less time consuming, like lacrosse or somethin'! ... Sorry I was late, swim got out late..." She said to the club president, then found her usual spot near the edge of the group of kids, wondering what they were chattering about.

Marshall had arrived a long time ago and was sitting in his normal spot near the center of the room doing his calculus homework when there was mention of a meteor shower, and camping. This got his attention, and so he listened intently to the class talk about it, which only got him more and more excited. When Bridgit barged into the room, he listened to her, then got back to calculus.

God, he hated math.

Eric was sitting at the near edge of the room, wrapping one arm around his guitar; sorely wishing it was a someone and not a something. He still loves his guitar nonetheless.

He was listening to their president talking about the plans to go stargazing and camping, too. Eric smiled unconsciously as possibilities run through his mind. This was a first for him and caused a rattle in his nerves--the good kind. He pictured them all around a campfire with him playing his guitar and singing one of his songs, or walking down the beach with someone as the stars light their way from above. He can't wait.

Shyly, Eric raised his hand. "When will we leave," He asked, almost mumbling.

Jessica Auburn

Jessica cheered as the vacation was announced. Many thought that Jessica wasn't the type to join the Astronomy club. She was more of the 'bad girl' or the 'it-girl'. But, there was a side to her that many did not know of. She was always found of the stars and constellations. She always wondered about astronomy. Jess couldn't wait til she got to see the meteor shower. It was a one in a lifetime opportunity. She smiled to herself as she thought of sitting under the stars with that 'special someone' with her. She would also like to bond with some of the other club members.

Colton Abbot

Colton smiled as he leaned back into the seat he sat in, right next to the president. Due to some circumstances with his family, the president laid the responsibility of the trip on Colton. At first Colton felt nervous about taking the reigns until he felt the excitement of the students in the atmosphere. His eyes wandered over the students, he always felt like a wanderer in the school until he found the Astronomy Club. Lost with the excitement of the students, Colton barely heard the question asked from one of the members, Eric.

"When will we leave?" Colton repeated the question to then answer it, "Tomorrow right after school. Now in order for you to participate I require that you bring back this permission slip form signed by a parent by tomorrow." Colton stood up from his seat and grabbed the stack of papers that rested beside him. He walked around handing out the forms to the members.

Cordelia Lovette

She looked around as everyone started murmuring about the trip that they would be taking tomorrow and she was a little caught off guard when Colton had said it would be tomorrow. She looked down at her book of stars and comets, her nerves making her feel like she had drank a pot of coffee. When Colton came by her desk with the permission slip she took it carefully giving him a small smile, "Thank you.." She looked back down and tucked her black hair behind her ear as she read it over. Her parents wouldnt even think twice about signing the slip. Just getting Cordelia out of the house was going to be a miracle for them.

If there was ever a texture for excitement, it was the texture of the permission slip as it found itself right between Eric's thumb and index finger. "Thank you," He muttered with a shy smile. He looked at it. Just another ordinary permission slip, but it was another ordinary permission slip that will let him on this trip. God knows how much he needed this trip after failing a math exam miserably.

Eric slipped the paper inside his wallet and said, "If you don't mind me asking one more question, may I know where we'll camp?"

Lance took three permission slips. Two for himself, he could forget his own head if it wasn't attached to his head, and one for his sister. When their father was on deployment, she was always stuck in her room. Whenever Lance got home, he knew where to find his baby sister. He hated to see her in her room all the time. It was sickening. "Thanks." He said as he grabbed his bag and walked out the door. He was going to drag his sister along, even if she didn't want to go. He would make her.

Jessica Auburn

Jessica nodded to Colton as he passed out the permission slips. Her mother never paid any attention to her, and her mother was always at work. Jessica would just fake the signature. Her mother wouldn't care or notice if she was even gone. "Thanks," Jessica smiled when she got her permission slip. She studied it.​

Danious gave Colton a sweet smile as he took the slip. He didn't worry much about getting permission. He was sure the nuns at the orphanage would sign it. If only to get him out of the house.

Colton Abbot

Colton nodded to each member as he received "Thanks." from majority of them. As he continued passing them out he heard another question, from Eric. He smiled and turned his attention back to the timid member, "We will be camping in Lake Astral. The duration should be the whole weekend and we will be having parent chaperones since the school wouldn't allow a trip with just teens alone. But we will only have two parent chaperones. One of them being my mother since she is a nurse and the other will have to be decided depending upon whose guardian is up to it." Once Colton finished passing out the slips he walked back to the front of the classroom and said, "Alright does anybody else have any questions?"

"Ah, yeah. When are we gettin' back? I got a swim meet next Monday, and coach is already pissed off enough with me." Bridgit said, raised her hand slightly, feeling like it was the appropriate thing to to do while attempting to dry her dripping wet hair with paper towels. I don't know why I didn't just bring my towel, why did I shove it in my locker? I shoulda brought that. she thought, wringing her hair out and taking it out of the braid she always kept it in with yawn.

Before he slipped out he had to say one thing. "I got a truck so I can pack it with bags and camping equipment. I'll be in the parking lot after school tomorrow." After that, Lance grabbed the three permission slips he slipped out the door and made his way to his truck. It wasn't a new truck or an old truck. His sister took the bus home, that was what she had to do when Lance had a club meeting or practice. He threw his stuff in the passenger seat and drove home.

((Alright I'm going to jump in and try to make this post the best I can.))

Paislee Marie

She lays in her bed ecstatic about this trip the club was going on. Although, she still hadn't

turned in a permission slip. "Tomorrow I will. " She says to herself just as her mom burst through the door.

"Here is your money sweety." She says handing Paislee a few bucks. "Use it wisely." Paislee nods and watches as her

mom leaves the room.

Cordelia Lovette

She folded the paper neatly and put it in her bag, thankful for once that she didnt live far from home. She nodded to a few classmates and tried to tell herself over and over to remember to be there early. She walked out of the classroom and started to head home. Her silver earrings glistening in the sun and shielding her eyes when it got in her face. "Tomorrow huh..." She sighed and looked at her front door when she got to it, reaching for the door knob she was automatically greeted by barking. "Hey mox, mom home?" She petted the small brown dog and walked inside.

Danious hummed and kicked a few pebbles as he walked to the orphanage hearing the distant call of blue birds above. One good thing about the orphanage was it wasn't built that far from school. Though somehow it was still a hassle to walk back and forth there during winter. Lifting his hand he uncurled the permission slip and began to read it as he skipped up the steps of the orphanage. He blindly opened the screen door and was immediately greeted by the cries of babies and screams of excitement from the toddlers. He looked up as one of the nuns greeted him and handed her the slip. Within a few moments he had the slip signed and was packing.

Lance parked his truck in his parking spot outside the garage. The house that him and his family stayed in. His mother was there, but his father wasn't. He wasn't going to be home for a long deployment. That happens a lot when your dad's in the military. You also get moved a lot. He walked into his house to see his mother sitting at the table. "Hey mom, I got something that I think you're gonna like a lot. It's not only for me but for Kelly as well." He set the papers down on the table. She looked them over and signed them.

He walked up to Kelly's room and opened the door. He didn't care if she liked it or not, he could do that as her brother. As as he guessed she was sitting down at the computer, totally oblivious to that fact that he walked in. He walked over took her headphones off and spun her chair.

"What was that for?" She asked a little upset that her brother did that.

"It's time you get out of this room and make some friends...." He said as he pulled out a duffle bag. "And I got a way that you can do so."

"But I have friends."She said as she got up and walked over to her brother.

He looked down on her, with a sad expression painted on his face.
"I might be your brother, but I don't count. You need real friends, and I got a way for you to meet some great people."

Jessica Auburn

Jessica walked home with the flyer. She went straight to her mother's office just to make sure she was there. Not to her surprise, her mother was no where to be found. 'Probably still at work,' Jessica thought. She sighed and plopped down on the couch. There was probably no way to get a signature by tomorrow. Her dad was with his new family somewhere out of the state. That left Jessica at home most of the time. Her mom was never really home.

That left one thing to do. Jessica would have to fake the signature. Her mother wouldn't care or notice if she were gone for a few days. Jessica took out a pen and signed off with, "Rachel Auburn," in cursive.​

Jamie Wellington

Jamie stood just outside the porch, leaning with his back against the pillar behind him. His eyes were focused on the flyer he had gotten earlier. "A trip, huh?" He mumbled to himself and sank down on the wooden floor. It wasn't a surprise that his parents were gone. They were in fact rarely home. They were often away travelling, mostly with their work. Not that he complained, they didn't get along well anyways. Jamie tilted his head backwards against the pillar and stared up in the ceiling. He closed his eyes for what seemed lie a brief moment, but it turned out to be at least ten minutes. Once he opened his eyes again he picked up a pen from the leather bag that laid by the base of the short stair. Since his parents never seemed to be at home, he often had the time to practice their signatures. Afterall, they were never there to sign anything.

Jamie sighed once and wrote his mothers signature on the sheet of paper. After he got that done, he headed out for an afternoon stroll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back