• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Stardusts Sketchbook

These are good! However they're chins are very very concave try and bring they're chins out next time. The hand, best thing you can does is practice practice practice. Also if you can upload them on a scanner and colour them in on GIMP/Photoshop, or if your a daredevil like me use windows paint. Another thing before this C&C ends the wings need better shading as well, because pillow shading isn't the way to go, if anything take the time and draw the feathers. Once again C&C can be harsh but it cools down once you get better and up to people expectations. Just take things you need to learn and never take things to heart.

wow. do you draw? i think thats some of the best advice ive gotten! i would use a scanner, but i dont even have a printer. i colored one of my pictures in windows paint and that was the end of that. im thinking of getting a tablet for drawing on my computer.

here are a few more. i also do bead projects as well as paint. im a girl of many mediums.

View attachment 6401View attachment 6402View attachment 6403

Same advise as last time, this time the last photo her are looks like a stub lol, another thing you might want to invest in is a sketch doll, or if your cheap like me the interwebs has some good techniques. The beadings are good however take your time on small things and use a small tool when needed.

i have a little posing art manakin if thats what you mean, i just didnt have it with me at the time

i actually used MS paint! it took forever butit came out good. truth is i just opened one of the photos i took of a sketchbook drawing and traced it and colored it in paint. i like how it turned out! this is one of the Characters i RP with. oh, and she is laying down, just in case you thought the pose was weird.

Do you use skeletons for your characters? if not, you should. The proportion in each person is slightly off and placement of face is incorrect for the scene. The characters are too stiff and straight in some pictures, the clotheres are perfectly neat in the first posts which is unrealistic, there is no texture or dimention and the hands are just off. Work on these things.

This is not a bad thing, really. Your pictures show great potential artistically.

For the digital picture, it doesnt really matter too much because im unpracticed and unskilled with my mouse so i will worry about that later. as for my pencil sketches, i know they are stiff, i dont really know what to do with the clothes, when i add detail it never looks right so i dont add folds or anything.proportions have been an issue for me for a very long time. i tried to use skeletons, but when i do the picture ends up going all over and off the skeleton. when i keep it on the skeleton stuff just doesnt look right. suggestions?

Naw, those bead pictures are adorable! Shame that girl one looks like it's melted a bit.

I totally know where you're coming from, it's very hard not to make character drawings not look stiff or rigid. Clothing is a pain in the a$$ too. Ume is right to suggest skeletons. They really help you out in planing the pose and the position of limbs.

I suggest maybe buying or getting a book from a library on drawing people. There's books on all sorta of styles, realistic, manga, fantasy drawing, etc if you want a certain type of style. Manga/fantasy drawing books focus a little more on the style itself, so I would suggest maybe a book about realistic anatomy. It'll teach you how the body actually moves and the real proportions. Once you learn those, it's much easier to adapt those principles to your own style.

ive used books, thats the reason these are so good(and i mean it) my characters use to be so badly proportioned it was not even funny. ive used a number of different books including one book called "the anatomy of Manga" it had legit skeleton and muscle diagrams, i copied some of th full body general poses to refrence, but i still need to work on a lot of stuff. ive taken a very long time and a ton of practice to get where i am. i know people whove drawn half as long as me and practiced less and are still way better. im deffinatly a hard worker. thanks for the advice. :)

Manga and fantasy drawing books never work for me. They give me character ideas, but never end up working. If you do end up wanting to use skeletons, I can provide you with a step by step process by pictures. After I used four step, I had gotten MUCH better with my realistic and animated work. It is not hard, the skeleton lines provide easier ways to curve and place figures. It makes dimentions easier as well. If not, I suggest you take a bit of your time to watch MarkCrilley's videos on youtube. He is a manga artist and creator who posts tutorial videos that helped me when I was younger and just starting out with anime.

thank you! i will definitely take that into consideration. if i really think about it. my style is quite unique. its got the anime elements and anime feel, but there are certain aspects that dont seem like they are all the anime-ish. im not sure what to call them, but i love my style :)

Unless this girl is heavier than most, it seems you're still having trouble with curves and figure placement.

M newest work is complete! its a 2 page manga epilogue to a the written story The Strength to Protect, which can also be found in the creative lounge.

the characters are Faith and Fayt. yes, i used fayt as a boy name.

the panels read right to left

<<-------------------------------

so, here is a bunch of art from about 2 years ago. i had a random horse spin, and this was when i lerned simple wings, and my proportions were terrible.

sadly, i have yet to graduate from the simple wings

one of the first boys i ever drew (2 years ago)

Silhouette of the Moon: can you guess how many years ago i drew this one?

Faith and Fayts Valentines(black and white couple), and Aria and Chases dispute(colored pencil couple) were drawn only 1 month apart. this is what i call my Art Revolution, i had a huge step of improvement in a very short amount of time.

thank you so much! im still working on it, and of course as you saw i keep all my old peices, but ive mad a lot of prgress in the past year :)

Hello again~ Here i have my two most recent drawings. Faith Ernst and Emerald Marina are both characters i use to RP with, are characters ive developed over the past 5 years and also originated in a the first story i ever wrote. they are also my first two OCs ever made. while Faith has remained relatively the same, ive tweaked both Emerald personality and appearance. these pictures were practice in keeping character looks from one angle to another so i would appreciate feedback!

View attachment 11707View attachment 11708

Users who are viewing this thread

Back