Stalwart Servitor as a Catapult

Quorlox

Stalwart Servitors disappear if they're damaged, but has anybody used them as a catapult, hurling large stones at opponents that can't see what's doing it?  Any idea how far a stalwart servitor could throw something?

Well first off in the spells description it says you cant order the servitor to attack any other being. Now, mind you saying hes not attacking someone hes just throwing a boulder where that someone is standing is a hair-splitting way of looking at it, and whether your ST allows it or not is up to him.

As to the physical distance he can throw something, the only rules I could find for distance are Str in yards but thats for a clinching throw. I'm just guessing that his Str+athletics is somewhere in the region of 35 or so. probably 20 str, 10 athletics and a 5 dice specialty in feats of str ala swift winged spirit of transportation. So given that he could throw 10 ton boulders about 60 feet. if you scale range linearly, that would mean 5 ton boulders 120 feet or 1 ton boulders on the order of 600 feet. however, given the purpose of the servitor (forklift) I doubt highly that it has a thrown skill or a dex of more than 1 or 2. So lousy pools to hit but definitely possible and probably in the undogably big object category.

Viragos said:
Well first off in the spells description it says you cant order the servitor to attack any other being. Now, mind you saying hes not attacking someone hes just throwing a boulder where that someone is standing is a hair-splitting way of looking at it, and whether your ST allows it or not is up to him.
Somehow I missed that part of the description!   :D   Thanks.  Just FYI, according to the WW errata, the servitor's Str + Athletics is 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back