TV & Film [SPOILERS] How would YOU have ended GoT?

peritwinkle

♠️your local Raphael♠️
Helper
After a decade, one of the greatest shows in TV history has come to an end. Are you happy with the resolution, and if not, what would you have done differently?

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Bran waking up and telling his mother Catelyn what a horrible dream he had.

The ending of GoT was not unexpected but disappointing, but not upsetting. The show had a downwards slope in terms of quality and I think Captain Midnight put it best.

I binged seasons 1-7 when I first started GoT, and you can notice an automatic drop in season 5, and once they run out of book materials that's when the show becomes problematic and breaks themes from the books. One good example is when Jon dies, that's where the book leaves off but the show revives him. He starts spouting that there's no afterlife (Kit harrington interview) but in the books there's a lot of the religious explored in there, with Jon even having a very profound quote after Robb dies.

All my dreams are of the crypts, of the stone kings on their thrones. Sometimes I hear Robb's voice, and my father's, as if they were at a feast. But there's a wall between us, and I know that no place has been set for me.

Yeah. That's my two bits. Just glad it's over, for all I care that's the legit ending.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Bran waking up and telling his mother Catelyn what a horrible dream he had.

I think that would be one of the worst possible endings for the series.

I agree it did lack a bit after season 5, but I actually liked season 6 - it had the right mix of action and classic GoT-esque dialogue. That’s when things became rushed and details became lost inbetween fighting scenes and death glares.

I agree it did lack a bit after season 5, but I actually liked season 6 - it had the right mix of action and classic GoT-esque dialogue. That’s when things became rushed and details became lost inbetween fighting scenes and death glares.
Agree to disagree I guess. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back