• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Kurotsuki

One body, many minds
I suck at coming up with titles for things lmao

Setting: A normal day in Inkopolis Plaza. There's been rumors of some strong team called "Team Gold" coming to the Plaza from Inkopolis Square for some time. Some say they're coming to challenge the S4, others say they're only there for group training.
However it was, a powerful and well-known team had appeared. They were accepting battle requests only from teams ranked A or above, and even then, the second-in-command made the battle arrangements. Nobody was allowed to speak to "the Commander" until their scheduled battle, as she believed weaklings weren't worth her time. Every team who had challenged them so far had been beaten.

(and cue Team Blue being idiots and challenging them or something xD)

(Yep. Let's not do anything that would risk Overpowered stuff, however. Team Blue wins with luck and stupidity so they have a reason. Skull has trained his team. So yeah)

"Goggles! You- actually remembered to put on clothes this time." A Blue Inkling with glasses replied as he adjusted them. This was Specs and he was more or less surprised that his teammate, Goggles, had done something right. "Well, what do you think? We beat all the S4, so we are the strongest there is! We may have a bad reputation in ranking but that doesn't matter to us, right?" He asked, "We'll accept any challenges thrown at us."

"Yeah! We're the best! We're the best!" Bobblehat replied, donning her usual bright smile that never left her face. Above the square, an orange Haired Inkling stared down at Team Blue as his team was doing the same. "The strongest, huh? Let's watch them face off against that new team that's spreading rumors. I'd love to see them get washed....but I'd also want them to win too. If they can beat the S4 in 2 tries and less, then they are....they're...just incredible."

(Team Gold is really strong though, so either way a battle between the two teams goes it'll most likely be really close)

A girl across the Plaza, near the battle tower, noticed Team Blue. She turned and said something to another Inkling girl, presumably her teammate. The second girl nodded and approached Team Blue.
"Excuse me, Team Blue? We've seen your recent performance in turf wars and would like to have a battle."

"Of course, we'd love to battle you. But, who's your team?" Headphones asked.

"I'm Deco, second in command of Team Gold. This request came straight from the Commander," the girl replied.

"Alright, 8.... we'll watch their battle and when this team wins or loses, we'll challenge them regardless." The Orange Inkling spoke again as the Octoling next to him nodded then he stood up slowly, going to head out as well as the rest of his team.

"Your commander, huh? Your commander is like Mask then. He didn't want to reveal himself when they sent the message to us." Goggles replied and he chuckled quietly.

You idiot! Both Specs and Headphones thought as they stared in fear then looked to Deco.

"Since I'm the second in command, I'm in charge of handling battle arrangements. We would gladly pass your team up and go right on ahead to destroying the S4, it doesn't matter to us. We normally don't even accept battle requests from anyone below A rank, so you should be honored that we're even offering to battle you," she looked straight at Goggles as she said this, fully aware of his dreadfully low rank.

Across the Plaza, the mysterious girl watched their interaction. Her face was covered with large sunglasses.
"I know Team Blue is a bunch of idiots, but there's no way they'd be dumb enough to turn down our battle request, right?" She spoke to two other people who stood beside her, not bothering to turn around to face them.

They both nodded their agreement and one replied, "Of course, Commander. The plan is to use these guys to see what we're up against, then battle the S4 regardless of whether we win or lose, isn't it?"

"We won't lose. We've already beaten that Rider guy and his team, so if that's any indication of how strong the Inklings around here are, it'll be easy to defeat them..."

"I wouldn't be that confident. What's the deal with ranks? It doesn't matter how low our rank is, you can't always underestimate someone just because of it." Goggles replied again before he smiled again, seeing that this was just another fun battle to have.

"Shut it!" Specs shouted and he immediately covered up Goggles' mouth to prevent him from speaking anymore about another player's faults. Headphones was getting her head down and she bowed it. "So sorry about that." She said to Deco.

Deco sighed. "Do you want to battle us or not? We don't have time for stupid arguments like this."

Another Team Gold member came over to them. "Hey Deco, how's it going? The Commander's getting a little impatient since we have a pretty busy schedule..." he looked around at Team Blue and smiled. "Hiya, Team Blue! Nice to meet you guys. We've seen some of your battles and you all seem pretty cool. We'd all be super grateful if you'd battle us!"

"You know that's a lie," Deco flicked the boy's forehead. "Remember what the Commander told us?"

The boy let out a long, exaggerated sigh. "The initial battle is a test of the opponents' capabilities. Subsequent battles determine the true winner, blah blah blah. Come on Deco, lighten up. It would do the Commander good to battle a team like them, who actually has fun in turf wars."

"You can't be serious for five minutes, can you?"

"Nope."

"Yes, we'd like to battle!" Goggles spoke as he had gotten free from Specs. He grinned towards Deco then he gave her a thumbs up. "You can expect us to be in any arena and we can start whenever you're ready." He said to initiate the battle.

"Seems like we don't have a choice for this. But yes, we can be there. Count on it." Specs replied as he adjusted his glasses again. He was also unfamiliar with how this team would go but then again, they were like Skull and the other S4. Team Blue didn't know how to win it but they'll do it.

"Great! Oh, I'm called Flingza, by the way," the boy said, introducing himself. "And we don't even know our leader's real name, so we just have to call her the Commander all the time..."

Deco totally ignored him and went on about the battle. "We'd like to battle as soon as possible. If that means right now, than so be it. How about at Blackbelly Skatepark?"

((Oh I just played that map earlier))

The Orange Inkling from before was no down beside the area of the Deepsea Metro then he left it, going to spy on the Gold Team then looking at Blue Team. "I doubt they'll do anything..." He muttered before he slowly began to approach the two but he decided to act casual and just be an onlooker.

"Sure! That seems to be the best. That doesn't mean anything for Team Blue." Specs replied and he began to smile a bit as the team began to chitter amongst themselves now, talking about strategy.

"We'll be ready to battle whenever you are. We'll meet you there," Deco said, grabbing Flingza by the arm and dragging him back to the rest of the team. "Commander, they agreed to a battle at Blackbelly Skatepark. We'll be starting soon."

"Excellent. Good work, Deco. Now team, what's the one thing you have to remember when battling Team Blue?" the Commander said to the team, without even looking up at them.

"Expect the unexpected," the other three said in unison.
"And there's no specific way to beat them, so we'll have to improvise," Deco added.

The Commander nodded in agreement. "Improvisation is what we're best at. Remember our previous battles? We won every time, even with new teammates coming and going and different play styles each match. Even if this Team Blue can somehow figure out how to beat us, our strategy is sure to give us the advantage over more strategic teams like Army's Team Orange. Now that that's settled, what weapons will you be using? We have to have a balanced weapon set."

"Slosher Deco, as always!" Deco replied enthusiastically. Flingza chose his Foil Flingza Roller. The other member, a young inkling girl, opted to use her Splattershot Jr.

The Commander nodded again, "Since Blackbelly Skatepark has less open space and more high points than other maps, it's perfect for a charger. I'll be using my new weapon; a Custom E-litre 4k. Junior, you'll have to make sure no one can get close to me because of the E-litre's long charge-up time."

"Those....wait...the one that's speaking to the group." Jace muttered as he knew that she was unfamiliar before she then moved back to the Deepsea Metro, rushing to it. Something about Team Gold didn't seem right. It looked.....odd. Once their battle was over, he would make sure to crush them. He didn't care who came first. Gold Team will lose. By the hands of Team Blue or by his own Team.

"Hey, guys. Why don't we switch up our game plan a bit? We work better when we're a team, and we are, but this might be a...not so easy to win battle, like Skull. Let's remember what Rider taught us." Specs told his team.

"Or remember what we can do like in our other matches. We may lose but come on, we can push forward if we try our best." Goggles replied.

Team Gold, having figured out their weapons and battle plan, entered Blackbelly Skatepark and waited for Team Blue to arrive.

"That Team Blue is in for a surprise. They have no idea what they're dealing with," the Commander said to the others. "Knowing a weapon's stats won't do you any good against my custom weapons.~" The rest of the team laughed and agreed. They had asked beforehand, and surprisingly, there was no rule against using modified weapons in turf wars. The Commander had immediately gone to work on adjusting her weapons' capabilities and even changing the sub and special weapons.

"The Custom E-litre 4k normally has a squid beacon and a bubble blower, right?" Flingza asked.

"Yes, it does. And that's what they'll be expecting it to have. But who needs squid beacons when you can have autobombs instead? And a bubble blower? As if. If they manage to win this battle, then they'd have to be the most adaptable and cooperative team to ever exist," she replied, smirking. "Anyway, it looks like we're ready. Remember that those fools somehow defeated the S4, so they're most likely stronger than you think."

Team Blue entered the ring and they looked about Blackberry Skatepark. "Yoooooo, welcome to an exhibition match between Team Blue and Team Gold! This match is taking place here at Blackberry Skatepark, I used to go here!" A voice, Pearl, shouted through the mic.

"This place has limited spacing so you'll need to cover as much ground as you can to stand your ground." Marina spoke after her compatriot.

((Okay, Everytime I've noticed that Callie and Marie say that Team Blue is in trouble, they always bring it back.))

"Remember the strategy, team," the Commander said. The other three nodded affirmation, prepared to jump into action as soon as the match began.

There was something off about Team Gold, mainly their leader, the girl they called the Commander. Her attitude was similar to some of the S4 members, and despite clearly not having the 'it's not worth fighting if we don't win' mentality, she didn't seem very happy to be there.
Being ex-military, a battle was a battle, and was to be taken seriously. She wasn't there to have fun, she was there to try her hardest and hopefully win. If her best effort wasn't good enough, she would go straight back to training until she was strong enough to defeat them easily.

"Ready...Go!" Pearl shouted through the mic, announcing the round to start. Blue Team immediately rushed off and began to paint the area their color. Goggles was immediately head going towards the main center of it all but he stuck close to Specs since their combinations were odd....yet they worked.

Jace and Agent 8 were off staring down at the teams. It would be an interesting match, indeed, but he wanted to see how this worked. "You see what I mean, 8? Look at the leader of Team Gold. Don't they look.....strange? Well, your hairstyles are quite similar so, you're thinking what I'm thinking?" He asked.

"Possibly. It's possible that they are but we have to be sure." 8 replied, his eyes staring off at the team.

The Commander went straight for the small tower in the centre of the map, with the youngest player, Junior, keeping Team Blue away from her as well as inking turf. She was most concerned about Headphones' charger and Bobble Hat's burst bombs, as they could reach her even at the highest point. She made good use of her ink, slipping in and out of it at a split second's notice to avoid attacks.

Flingza and Deco quickly covered as much turf as they could near their own spawn point, then began to move up the sides towards Team Blue's spawn.

Within the first minute of the match, nobody had managed to splat the Team Gold leader, but she'd splatted every Team Blue member already. She had dead aim, even without the use of a scope. Her team tried to pin team Blue in their own spawn point.

It became obvious why they'd won so many battles before; they were very well coordinated and very skilled with their individual weapons.

(I'm not making Team Gold like the gods of turf war or anything, it's still possible to beat them, they're just really good xD)

(But it's kinda...broken, though, to me at least. I mean, this battle could be like Skull's. And...I've never understood custom weapons either.)

"Nngh....come on. We gotta get them but how?" Specs asked as he stared at the group then he was shocked when Bobblehead was going in, throwing Splat Bombs wherever she can to get just one member of Gold Team while making a way to the area.

"I got an idea!" She said to her friends before getting more ink in the tank before continuing her way until she found one of the Gold Team members. Specs and Goggles looked to each other before nodding and going another way to their lost area. The two boys made sure to get another of the Gold Team members as well, just to reclaim the area.

(We'll let Team Blue barely win, by like 1-5% or something just so Team Gold doesn't become too overpowered. As for the weapons, the custom versions have essentially the same stats as the original, but with a different sub and special.)

Junior got splatted, leaving the Commander with no defense. But before they could get to her, she chased them off with autobombs while running to another high point. Team Blue was rapidly reclaiming their turf, and at this point the battle could go either way. She began to get a bit frustrated, seeing her teammates get splatted and realizing they could actually lose this match, but she was determined not to make it easy for them.

(And they'll still be idiots thinking that they won fair and square...and sorry for acting like this. I've been hitting depressive states for a while mainly because my brother and I keep fighting and I hate it. They really affect my RP mood)

Goggles quickly jumped out of the way from one of the bombs but Specs got hit in turn. "Come on!" The splatted inkling said as he drifted off back to the spawn point. Goggles chuckled as he kept looking towards where the Commander was. He rushed forward, going to get his ink up as well as his special meter up. He wanted to get the final member of their team that hasn't been hit yet.

Bobblehead was splatted again before she made it back to spawn while Headphones was focusing her aim on the Commander. An E-Liter...we faced off against Skull when he had that. Let's do that again. She thought then she jumped out of where she was hiding and took aim before firing.

And just like that, the Commander was splatted, and Team Gold came to a dead stop.

"How..?" Flingza mumbled.
"I-it's no problem guys, get back to work! There's still time left!" Deco jumped back into action. The others followed suit, but Team Blue was rapidly painting over everything.

The Commander respawned, surprised but undeterred. "So they're a little stronger than I thought... We might not win this but at least we can learn from it." She charged right back into the battle, changing up her strategy for the last minute of the match. Using a charger at close-range was risky, especially if it had such a long charge-up time as an E-litre, but she got a few more splats without being splatted again herself.

"30 seconds remain on the clock! Blue Team has made a stunning recovery back and they even splatted Team Gold's leader!" Marina told the crowd as she stared at the battle.

Goggles quickly took where the Commander was at and he chuckled before saw his opening. His weapon had been fully charged then he stared down at remaining gold Colors on the other side. "Special Weapon: Inkzooka!!" He shouted and brought out said weapon, aiming down and firing at the gold paint.

Meanwhile at the same time, Bobblehead had set up her Special Weapon and the missile launched itself, covering her ears. "Special Weapon: Inkstrike!" She shouted as it launched down towards Flingza and Deco.

Bobble hat got splatted from behind by the Commander. "That's what you get for splatting my teammates," she said jokingly. Her serious and strict demeanor had lessened, and maybe she was even having some fun at this point. That's all that really mattered, anyway.

Within the last five or so seconds of the match, the Commander finally charged up her special weapon. It came as a bit of a shock to Team Blue because it was very far from the special weapon the Custom E-litre 4k normally had, as her teammates all shouted "booyah!" and she launched a Booyah Bomb straight into the middle of Team Blue as a sort of last hurrah before the match ended.

"And that's the game! Judd! Lil' Judd! What's the tally?!" Pearl shouted. Marina sighed and she looked out to the two cats as well. "And the team that takes the victory is....."

Judd and Lil Judd began to rub their bellies before they both pulled out a Blue flag. "Team Blue!" Both girls shouted.

"Wait, we won?" Goggles asked then he grinned widely, knowing that they were amazing. Specs and Headphones both high-fived each other as Bobblehead was still laughing, the grin on her face never going away. Jace looked down at the group before nodding slowly. "Impressive....most impressive." He muttered quietly as he glanced to Agent 8, who was glancing back in return.

"Darn it, we lost!" the Commander slammed her fist against the wall. The rest of her team looked scared for a moment, until she started laughing suddenly. Actually laughing. "Oh wow, these guys are even stronger than I thought!" She spun around to face Team Blue, the winners of the match. "We'll beat you guys eventually, just you wait!"

Her team looked relieved and started congratulating Team Blue on their victory, and making similar claims that they'll return for another battle.

"Commander, you're not upset that we lost?" Flingza asked.

"Not really. These guys earned it. Oh, and I think it's about time you guys knew my name. It's Ame. Just call me Ame," she replied, seemingly not bothered by the fact that they just lost a battle for the first time since becoming a team.

(Btw I gtg for a bit, be back in a few hours)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back