• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Spam

A lot of things can be spam. Usually it's posting contentless/pointless posts or threads in rapid succession and/or large amounts. It's against our rules because it clogs up threads and forums, and prevents people from finding meaningful content. Basically, it's a nuisance for everyone involved.

If you read our rules, it should have a more elaborate definition.

It's number 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost said:
A lot of things can be spam. Usually it's posting contentless/pointless posts or threads in rapid succession and/or large amounts. It's against our rules because it clogs up threads and forums, and prevents people from finding meaningful content. Basically, it's a nuisance for everyone involved.
If you read our rules, it should have a more elaborate definition.

It's number 6.
That's exactly what I was looking for. I was just a little confused because I was spamming myself so that I can meet the 10 post quota.

GSSquared said:
That's exactly what I was looking for. I was just a little confused because I was spamming myself so that I can meet the 10 post quota.
Yeah, even if you're spamming on your own profile or in your own thread, it's still considered against the rules.

But since you already have more than ten posts, you don't need to worry about getting them anymore. ^^

Ghost said:
Yeah, even if you're spamming on your own profile or in your own thread, it's still considered against the rules.
But since you already have more than ten posts, you don't need to worry about getting them anymore. ^^
OMG HOLY SHIT I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE. YEEEEEEEEE

simj22 said:
Fug does this mean all my jokes are considered spam
yes

we're going to ban you tomorrow

jkjk that depends sim, are you posting a bunch of individual statuses rapidly in a small span of time? :b

Ghost said:
are you posting a bunch of individual statuses rapidly in a small span of time?
I've done it like, twice over the years. One was as a joke that I didnt know what tech was and I thought my status bar was a search bar, and just recently as a joke and its punchlines.

simj22 said:
I've done it like, twice over the years. One was as a joke that I didnt know what tech was and I thought my status bar was a search bar, and just recently as a joke and its punchlines.
i think you're fine. with profiles it's more so that the sidebar isn't full of just one person's posts, and yours aren't recent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back