• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space!.......Orphans?

whitefoxkiller

Hail Hydrip
OK so I've kinda been brewing on the idea of a group of kids from a podunk colony in the middle of some random star cluster steal a ship and get into all kinds of trouble. If this story sounds kinda sketch, don't even worry about it, I've got lots of ideas and have pretty much made the whole story and lore up in my head, but before I take the time to write it down I want to know if this sounds interesting to anyone.

I need a bit more info here. What age group of kids are we talking? Why are they stealing the ship? Do any of them know how to fly/maintain the ship?

Ok so they live on a colony about the size of Atlanta. The inhabitants are kind of like human religious extremists who isolate themselves from the rest of the galaxy. The group of kids would be a group of mostly orphans (due to the nature of the religion, there are many children, but not all of them can be taken care of.) And some kids who have parents, but disagree with their weird fanatics. So these group of kids are gonna steal a ship and get the heck out of there. They probably have very limited experiences with ships because these people live secluded lives, and never leave the colony except for extreme emergencies.

But don't worry, the RP wont be about living with the extremists at all. It will be about the kids, trying to figure their shit out.

I'd be interested! I have a weakness for space related role-plays, despite the fact I'm absolutely terrified of space.

[QUOTE="Wifi and Worms]I'd be interested! I have a weakness for space related role-plays, despite the fact I'm absolutely terrified of space.

[/QUOTE]
Same.

Terrified of space? Why? Space is AWESOME! Granted I dropped out of Rocket Scientist School, but still!

Ahaha. I think it's something about the size of it that scares me, and the coldness. The idea that you're dependent on one vessel and confined to it. It's this weird mixture of both claustrophobia and agoraphobia. I'm definitely not cut out to be an astronaut.

@ZevVeli

This sounds absolutely hilarious! I'm on board to see more of what this is all about~

:3

HollyLeafForever said:
I am so up for this, I love futuristic Rps, will this be detailed?
I'm not quite sure, If I get enough interest to actually start making it, I'll ask all of my interested parties what they would prefer. I have no preference. Speaking of interest, could some of you maybe tag friends or talk to people who you know might be interested in this Rp. BTW, The title is supposed to be comedic... IDK if anyone got that xD .

I prefer casual RP, I think Casual is the one in the middle. I mean, some posts I like to do long detailed explanations of everything that is going on, and sometimes I can stop with just "Alexander got pissed because the Captain of the ship was eating his choco-pops again 'Jerk-wad!' He shouted, then turned and skulked back to the shop to see if there was anything he could hit with a hammer."

The comedy in the title is what drew me in *w*

And I will certainly ask around!

I too, would prefer casual. I would tag friends… if I had any that is. And the comedy came through in the title, don't worry.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DreamlandDenizen" data-cite="DreamlandDenizen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="135061" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd be down for this, if you're not opposed to having a newbie on board.</div></blockquote>

<p>

How else are you supposed to get into the swing if things, just as long as you're a quality writer (which lets admit, we all fancy ourselves amazing writer don't we?)</p>

<p>

<a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17593-eclipsehowls/" data-mentionid="17593">@eclipsehowls</a> & <a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19705-animeliaanimalia/" data-mentionid="19705">@AnimeliaAnimalia</a> glad to hear it! </p>

<p>

<a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/13376-wifi-and-worms/" data-mentionid="13376">@Wifi and Worms</a> SAME (about the friends thing).</p>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back