[Souls of Paranoia]Gathering of Souls

My power will be akin to 'mage hand' from dnd with some improvements.

It creates an ethereal hand which will extend out from my character. This hand can grip objects and can extend to great lengths. The arm of the hand is similar to a tentacle, and can swirl around as one. It can probably extend outwards around 20 feet. The tentacle is connected to my body, so I can use it to support my weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at the image banner for the characters subforum and all I can think of is a persona user who grabbed the wrong gun.

Edit: Justt read the rules. *Back to Thinking*

What about Animating Shadows, kinda like the Main Villain of the Princess and the Frog,

Or the DND Spell, Animate Shadow.

*Yes, I used a Disney Movie for Reference, WHAT OF IT?*

Last edited by a moderator:
It creates an ethereal hand which will extend out from my character. This hand can grip objects and can extend to great lengths. The arm of the hand is similar to a tentacle' date=' and can swirl around as one. It can probably extend outwards around 20 feet. The tentacle is connected to my body, so I can use it to support my weight.[/quote']
How the hell did your character die? D:'

SephirothSage said:
Edit: Justt read the rules. *Back to Thinking*
What about Animating Shadows, kinda like the Main Villain of the Princess and the Frog,

Or the DND Spell, Animate Shadow.

*Yes, I used a Disney Movie for Reference, WHAT OF IT?*
Animating a Shadow does work except that you would have to play the shadow as if it doesn't interact with or work against other characters. With that ability I guess there is some grayzones like what if you pulled a gun out at a character with your shadow, would it still work once fired at another character?

But yes, animated shadow is not a banned ability.

Butterface said:
Maybe he/she needed to reach something in order to escape their death but couldn't do it in time.

Pineapple said:
My power will be akin to 'mage hand' from dnd with some improvements.
It creates an ethereal hand which will extend out from my character. This hand can grip objects and can extend to great lengths. The arm of the hand is similar to a tentacle, and can swirl around as one. It can probably extend outwards around 20 feet. The tentacle is connected to my body, so I can use it to support my weight.
Butterface said:
That is such a good question.

Butterface said:
Cthulhu_by_Blizzard67.jpg

Of course. Octopus overgrown and mutated on radiation. You wished to reach your calamari knife +5 but could not before being consumed by late night slotted Japanese anime.

You summon the angel...but with no ability to control it the creature tells you to go to church more often then flies away.

Are we supposed to be posting our power ideas here?

Cause I have a neat one, that I'm saving to post in my character sheet

I would suggest posting your powers (So that others don't also use it)

------------

I would not suggest summoning an angel :P

Mmhm.

My current plan for how the Spirit that manifests shadow powers died?

Man condemned by the Inquisition.

Left to die, alone, in the darkness of a pit. By the end of it, his last sights where his own feverish imaginations of movement in the darkness that could not be real- his reality a world of pitch blackness, differentiated in to infinite shades of horror.

Ooc, so anything goes is the general rule of thumb. Post'em if you got'em and want to talk about them or check them by the STs first. Haven't really gone into powers personally as the one function only thing was completely different from what I had imagined. Like how I mentioned about summoning just now. Summoning the thing would be one function but controlling it entirely another...and as a summoned being it isn't naturally restricted by your own limitations nor inclined to follow your orders since you can only summon it.

So far the only thing that has come to mind as a power is "Double Down" in which my character can repeat any action just performed again. So if shooting a gun you shoot it twice with one pull, throwing a knife means you just threw two knives, etc extending to even non combat functions. Alternatively something that just doubles the effect of some action taken which really has more use and variety. Not really stoked about that idea however.

Can I draw from 3.5 Books too? I figure yes- and have some awesome idea's from this one "Relics and Ritual's Book"...

What about this- Pitching Idea's, want to hear which ones you think are most interesting;

Ice-Storm effect for someone who froze to death in Russia during Napoleans March on it?

The Ability to inflict the pain dealt to me, to others, for someone who died from being locked in an Iron Maiden?

The Ability to Turn in to a Wolf, for someone who was eaten alive by wolves?

The Ability to Foster Mistrust/Fear, to someone who died due to being Betrayed because of another's Paranoia?

The Ability to Create a field of Draining, Numbing, Creeping Darkness, for someone who died due to being locked in a cold, damp, room in a Dungeon with no lights, and was forgotten in it?

I'm fond of the first one, and the last two, the most myself.

Well my idea came from the method of dying and I was thinking "duplication".

I know one of the rules for character's is that you can't be in two places at once, but I'm just thinking of duplicating items. Limitations would be mementos with souls already in them, and it's touch-based.

It's a really simplistic power, but I have my ideas!~

You acquire suitcase nuke. You now have the power. All of it.

Question, is it possible to ignore powers entirely and enter play as a character without them?

I am actually liking the idea of a Normal guy, whose possessing spirit is a Serial Killer who can induce Paranoia.

SephirothSage said:
Ice-Storm effect for someone who froze to death in Russia during Napoleans March on it?
This power is allowed.

SephirothSage said:
The Ability to inflict the pain dealt to me, to others, for someone who died from being locked in an Iron Maiden?
Yeah, you can do that. However: note that the Iron Maiden was never used in the Middle Ages, and there is debate on weather it was a real torture device by some.

SephirothSage said:
The Ability to Turn in to a Wolf, for someone who was eaten alive by wolves?
Of course you can.

SephirothSage said:
The Ability to Foster Mistrust/Fear, to someone who died due to being Betrayed because of another's Paranoia?
You can have that.

SephirothSage said:
The Ability to Create a field of Draining, Numbing, Creeping Darkness, for someone who died due to being locked in a cold, damp, room in a Dungeon with no lights, and was forgotten in it?
Yep.

Just note that no powers have any effects at all on other players. (Ice storm wouldn't bother them, a wolf form couldn't harm them either) This really opens the door to a 'whatever' you want power since you main use it for roleplaying or against NPCs. (Which is why I suggest power which are good roleplay tools, not power plays)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back