• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Sors University

FloatingAroundSpace

Three Thousand Club
Thread here: Detailed - Sors University (Accepting)

I've noticed while glancing around the modern RP forums that while they are a lot of high school RPs and RPs about teenagers, there are not that many focusing on college students. I've always felt slightly more comfortable RPing characters that are 18 and above, especially when it comes to subjects like violence and substance abuse. As a result, I'm going to try my hand at creating an RP centering around college students, hopefully with as much excitement as there would be if it were high school students.

As I am writing this, I am preparing to go to bed so it is not as fleshed out or coherent as I like. Feel free to point out errors.

This RP will deal with
serious issues like substance abuse as well as issues like racial discrimination and the struggles of being non-heterosexual students in a potentially toxic environment. If you either do not wish to RP these situations or find that these sorts of topics make you uncomfortable, please do not join this RP. I plan on making those part of the main conflict within the RP.

Sors University

Sors University is a private university located on the cusp of the great city of New Angles, a bustling city that is packed with experiences for the students. The university itself has colleges for business, nursing, biology, and many other traditional routes. Most of their alumni have come out with a shining new degree in the field they are destined for and are able to land a well-placed job that allows them to make enough money to send their own children to the prestigious university.

While Sors attempts to portray itself as a righteous university, only allowing in the best of the best, the best of the best have turned out to be only those in the top of the food chain, able to pay their way into the school. They are more often than not children of alumni and they are more often than not the typical rich kid that struts down the street on their parents' credit cards, not having had to work an hour in their life. That is not to say that the students that enter are not intelligent; many of them are. Many of them are also privileged beyond imagination, coming into the school with silver spoons in their mouths and a sudden freedom they do not know how to handle. As a result, many of them fall into binge-drinking, drug addictions, and various other habits that are hard to break. There is also growing controversy over the demographics of the school, with many angry organizations pointing out that there is little to no racial diversity among the students and practically no queer representation. Even so, the university has held true to the idea that they are an inclusive school that takes care of their students, even though many people have launched campaigns against them to allow lower class students as well as students of color and varying genders and sexualities to join.

The ultimate tipping point came when several students were killed on campus at a frat party, where several students who had bought and consumed party drugs and had died after drinking alcohol as well. The faculty came under fire for allowing such things to happen on campus and quickly scrambled for damage control as parents began pulling their kids out at a rapid rate. Many high school seniors also began pulling their applications as fearful parents began to have second thoughts.

In a desperate and risky gamble, the administration declared that the university was turning a new leaf. There would be more racial, gender, and queer diversity. They would represent the true America, which was a melting pot of people that came from all walks of life and all had stories to tell. They would be the Sors University they had always prided themselves on being.

The first wave of students from this new group are coming in for the first time. What will they find in a university that has suddenly had to change so much?

Ground Rules

• As stated in the warning, this will tackle highly controversial topics. While RPing characters that are generally assholes is one thing, being an asshole in the OOC chat is another. It will simply not be tolerated and if I see or hear about someone acting very rude to another person, I will kick you from the RP.

• As usual, do not violate RPNation rules.

• Violence and swearing will be expected in this RP. Please use them reasonably.

• I will more than likely only accept a maximum of three (possibly even fewer) "traditional" Sors University students. This means straight, white, heterosexual characters that come from rich families. All other characters must be diverse.

• College students have a lot more freedom than high school students, being able to pick the classes they want aside from a few core classes that they can usually find angled towards one of their interests, and have a lot more free time. Please understand that playing a college student will be different than playing a teenager.

• No god-modding, Mary Sues, etc.

• Have decent grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.

• As a detailed roleplay, I expect at least two decently sized paragraphs per post. Each post should give people something to respond to. If it is just filler, than people will struggle to post two paragraphs in response.

• Probably something I'm forgetting...

Anyways, tell me what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested! It reminds me immensely of a television series which I adore (not sure if I should mention it here hehe :P ) so I'd love to be part of this!

Oooooo... I think I would be interested. I never found high school RPs fun or interesting, but college... Now that does sound like fun!

Seems that there's enough interest for me to start up a thread! Expect a ping tomorrow while I get stuff set up today. Warning that there is another group RP I'm setting up at this time so there might be delays.

I'm interested in this as well! I have a new face claim I want to use and have a pretty good idea for a character

Hmmmm, I have the perfect character for this though I'm not all that big on realistic drama and what not. I'll consider it though! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back