• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Somebody please answer! I have Questions about rp

pansexualbread

Just a person who loves some good cheese
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Somebody please answer!
I have a few questions.
Is kissing allowed in a Romance rp?
How do I start a roleplay thread?
How do I make a character?
How do I show/tell people my character?
I’m very new to this site and I don’t know how it works, so advice and help appreciated!

Hello there,

Yes, romantic scenes such as kissing is allowed to be written to an extent. Written content involving erotic content such as touching and describing genitals is not allowed.

You can create a roleplay thread in our Roleplay section.
Roleplays

Depending if you’re roleplaying with another player, more than one player, etc. you can choose the different forums based on your needs such as creating a thread in our One-on-One Roleplays, Group Roleplays, etc. forum.

However, you may want to first find a partner/group/etc. so you can head to our Recruit Here section of the site.
Recruit Here

I went ahead and linked this guide for more information!
How to Create a Roleplay

How do I make a character? How do I show/tell people my character?
I’m not quite sure what you mean by these two questions overall but if you’re seeking a place to post your character, we have this subforum you can share your characters.
Character Showcase & Feedback

We also have some guides written that may help in writing characters more in depth if you’d like to look.
- The Role-Player's Guide to Demystifying "Show, Don't Tell"
- The Role-Player's Guide to Character Depth and Development

And, we have some fun advice/help threads that may be useful too!
Character Theory - Hyperspecific Character Questions for Your Entertainment
Character Theory - How do you like to make your characters?

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Hope this helps!

I’m not a mod but
1. i think
2. go to 1x1 roleplays, then at the top it will say post thread or something
3. find a character sheet and a face claim, fill the cs out.
4. either on your profile or the arts section
again, i’m not a mod. take this with a grain of salt

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER:
I am not a mod at ALL, and I honestly am not a professional, but this is my advice just from personal experience.​

As far as site rules go, it is allowed. When it comes to the people you rp with though, make sure to talk with them and make sure that kissing/pda sort of stuff is comfortable for the other person to write/rp.​

How do I make a character?
How do I show/tell people my character?​
I highly recommend looking at the recruiting section of the site before making your own rp. These recruitment sections will be full of "interest checks". They are simply there to CHECK if anyone has INTEREST in an rp idea that they have. (see what I did there?)

People usually comment on these threads to express interest like, "omg, sign me up!!" or "This is so cool!!"

Eventually, once an rp idea has gained traction, the GM (creator of the rp) will create a thread specifically for people to post "CS's" or, "Character Sheets"

Character Sheets will vary between rps. Some people look for more specific, in-depth CS's. Some rps don't mind a simple name, photo, and brief description. Either way, the GM will have their requirements in this thread.

Making your Character Sheet is how you will create/show off your new oc (if the rp calls for original characters)!

The above pertains to group rps.

Let's say you want to rp one on one. People will still post interest checks. However, these check will more than likely have a list of plots/fandoms/worlds they would like to rp in.

Then, if you, the reader, find interest in any of those things, would shoot the poster a message!

Buuuuut, lets say you've looked through all these interest checks, and none of them appeal to you.

You are always welcome to make your own rp! However, it is ideal that you make an interest check if you plan on seeking out other rpn users. You simple post a thread within the applicable interest check section (1x1, group, world-building, etc), and tell the rpn world your idea(s)!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back